Keeping Him Sane (An Add x Re...

By WinterWolf1377

This story doesn't follow the game storyline exactly. It is just a random story about Add and the reader. How... More

Before You Read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Final Chapter
After You Read

Chapter 11

330 9 0
By WinterWolf1377

So now I'm back with another chapter so here's chapter eleven. Hope it's to your satisfaction.
____________________________________

        She was frightened. Fear was something she hardly ever felt, yet she had most definitely looked it in the face just then. She hated how easy it was for her to fall asleep. The dreams always came as soon as sleep did, but this nightmare was one of her worst. She was slowly regaining he senses and she finally noticed she'd let Mitsu out. Then she saw Add and her wings appeared because he was glaring at her. She felt like her nightmare was continuing, but his gaze softened tremendously once he saw her terrified expression.

        "Are you going to tell me what happened?" he asked as he walked closer to the barrier that (y/n) just noticed was there. She shook her head at him earning herself a scowl from him. He tapped the barrier and said, "Can you at least get rid of this thing." She again denied him to which he sighed. "Fine then, but you can at least tell me why you have a cat that I didn't know about," Add said as he glanced over to Mitsu who sat next to where he stood. She had a worried expression on her feline face.

        "Nya! It's alright, (y/n). I won't let anything bad happen!" Mitsu said. Add wasn't even surprised that Mitsu could talk. That or he was just doing too good of a job at hiding it.

        "Well you talk. Care to explain what's going on here?" Add muttered to Mitsu as she went over to him and allowed herself to be petted behind her ears. (Y/n) shot Mitsu a death glare which kept the cat quiet. Add certainly noticed this.

        "Fine then. Be that way. It's not like I care anyway. (Y/n), you should go back to sleep," he said with a shrug. He turned to walk away but she called out to him without even meaning to.

        "Add wait, I...I can't go back to sleep," she said as he looked back at her with a bored expression. He  began to walk away again so (y/n) released her barrier and the shattering noise it made stopped Add in his tracks.

        "Now do you want to talk?" he asked as he glanced back at her. She didn't respond to him. (Y/n) still wasn't quite sure that the nightmare had fully ended so she didn't want to get anywhere near Add at the moment. If she did, she feared he would disappear before her eyes just as the Add in her dream did. "(Y/n), you need to tell me what's going on or I'll force you to," Add said as he stared at her. (Y/n) once again remained quiet. She still wasn't sure that Add wouldn't perish so she didn't want to risk anything.

        "You're real right? You aren't going to disappear if I touch you right?" she said as she allowed her wings to disappear and walked to him slowly. He only stood there staring at her as she walked closer, his bored expression still present. Once she stood right in front of him, she slapped him. Add stood there in shock but he was otherwise still there. Then she hugged him, relieved that he had not vanished, glad that Mari didn't hurt him. Add was the last person she wanted to be taken away from her, and he was the only real person that she knew. "You're real," she whispered and then she started to cry. Add didn't do anything in retaliation to her slap. Instead, he simply stood there and let her hug him.

        "Care to explain why the hell you just slapped me?" Add said with a hint of anger while he looked over to (y/n). Her tears were wetting Add's jacket which caused him to tense up a little once he actually noticed. Add finally decided to hug her back to which she was grateful for.

        "She killed you...Mari killed you," (y/n) said knowing well that Add had no idea who she spoke of.

        "It seems we have a lot of explaining to do," Mitsu said right after (y/n) spoke. "But first you both need to get some sleep," Mitsu continued with a yawn.

        "I can't sleep...Mari will come back. She's looking for me. They already attacked me once...they'll come again," (y/n) said as she calmed down. Add's eyes began to glint with curiosity.

        "This Mari, I'm assuming she has something to do with this cat. If you want to sleep again, you'll need to tell me about them both," Add said. "If neither of us are going to sleep any time soon then there's nothing else better for us to do." He grabbed her wrist and pulled her along out of the room until they reached the edge of the floor they were on. The waterfalls were frozen over so the water had also turned into ice, making it easy to simply walk to the other side of the library which was where Add was taking her.

        "Where are we going?" (y/n) asked. She had stayed away from the other side of the library most of the time so she didn't know it very well.

        "We're going to find something about your past. I should have looked into this long before now, but I didn't see a need for it until I saw the cat," Add explained as he kept walking and dragging her along. (Y/n) noticed that Mitsu was following along behind her in unease.

        "I don't think that's a good idea, nya. I could tell you myself. Nya, you don't have to look anything up," Mitsu said. (Y/n) could sense the warning in Mitsu's tone.

        "How do you know what you're looking for is even over here?" (y/n) asked. She had lost most of her childhood memories over the years and knew that there weren't many records of the small village that she lived in before being imprisoned.

        "Because your cat doesn't want us to go this way. She's obviously already found the books that have some sort of information about you or either her," Add said as he continued to walk her across the frozen water. Mitsu's tail began to sway more often but she continued to follow them.

        "Nyaa! I can't even go anywhere unless (y/n) lets me," Mitsu said in protest. Add stopped as soon as she said this. They'd already made it to the other side of the library.

        "You and I both know that's a lie," Add said with a smirk as he glanced at Mitsu and resumed his walk with (y/n) still being dragged along. (Y/n) wasn't sure if Add was right about Mitsu. He usually was right about everything he said, but maybe he was wrong this time.

        "How do you even know where to look?" (y/n) asked. They were walking around aimlessly between shelves. Add let her wrist go and stepped onto his dynamos which allowed him to glide and get ahead of her. She released her wings and followed him with Mitsu running to catch up to them.

        "I don't," Add simply said once (y/n) had gotten close enough to hear him. Now (y/n) was beyond confused. Add took a right, so she took a right along with Mitsu. Add kept strait, so she kept strait with Mitsu running faster to get ahead of her. Add went to the next floor so (y/n) and Mitsu followed as quickly as a cat going up a ladder could. Add stopped and waited for the cat which confused (y/n) even more. Add didn't wait on anyone, not even her.

        "The books that you hid. They're on this floor aren't they, cat," Add stated. The fur on the Mitsu's back rose which (y/n) knew only happened when Mitsu was offended or threatened.

        "First of all, I have a name which is Mitsu so stop calling me cat and no I didn't hide the books on this floor!" Mitsu hissed. At that moment, (y/n) knew the point of their entire miniature journey. Add began to slightly laugh at Mitsu which left the cat dumbfounded.

        "So you admit to hiding the books! Just as I thought. Now where are they or do you want me to tell (y/n) what else I know about you," Add said threateningly. Now Mitsu's fur rose a little more and the cat turned so quickly around that she became a blur. (Y/n) would have used the command word "barrier" but Add had other plans.

        He quickly clicked a button on his wristband which he usually didn't wear anymore. (Y/n) hadn't even noticed it until just then when Mitsu was suddenly paralyzed under what seemed to be one of Add's electrical restrains. They were small and unnoticeable but held a lot of force.

        "When did you-" Mitsu managed to hiss while she struggled to stay standing under the force of the electrical impulses.

        "When you allowed me to pet you while we were in my room," Add responded. Add looked to (y/n) and nodded which she understood perfectly.

        "Barrier!" (y/n) said. Mitsu was now trapped with the barrier completely surrounding her. This tactic had been used several times whenever Add went with her on infiltration missions although she never thought she'd be using this tactic on her own guide. Mitsu had been quite trustworthy for the past four years or so it had seemed.

        "Add, how long have you known about Mitsu?" (y/n) asked out of curiosity. She knew that she'd never told Add about the cat even if by accident. He just smirked at Mitsu in triumph.

         "Long enough to know that she's been hiding things from you," Add responded. "Bring her to my lab. We'll continue questioning her there." And with that, Add zoomed of to his lab leaving (y/n) behind.

        "H-hey, wait!" (y/n) said as she went to catch up to him. Keeping a barrier afloat and flying took lots of concentration but Add of course didn't wait for her to catch up.
____________________________________

Another chapter complete! Now I need to get chapter twelve done so you guys can figure out what Mitsu's been hiding! Is she evil? Is Mari really the bad guy? You'll never know...well, you will but just not right now. Anyways, until next time my awesome readers! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 6.1K 60
You fall to the ground, unconscious. Ed's grin turns down and his eyes widen in horror. A bright yellow light fills the room. He traces the thick bla...
95.5K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...
4.4K 146 39
The alternative realities, the countless possibilities that led to this moment, they couldn't have occured in a way any stranger than this. How will...
Mute By Go Away

Fanfiction

3.6K 172 17
(Y/N) escaped the homunculi, barely holding on to her shredded life, 8 years ago. She was 7. At 11 years old, she surpassed Edward Elric in becoming...