Red Eyes are Dangerous ~ A De...

By allegiaant

Mackenzie Low is the 19 year old cousin of Stiles Stilinski. And after 6 years away from Beacon Hills she's f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Season 2!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Season 3a
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 ~ Season 3b
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 ~ Season 4
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
5 months later...

Epilogue

1.4K 26 10
By allegiaant

The leaves beneath my feet crunch as I step on them. It's late autumn. Winter will be here soon. I stop once I get to the place I wanted to be. I kneel down and clear the frost collecting on the headstone.

The headstone reads:

In loving memory of:

Florence Low and Henry Low

Father, Son.

Mother, Sister, Daughter.

This is the first time I've been to my parent's grave since the accident around six years ago. I put my hand on the headstone and picture the fun times I used to have with both of them. I hear someone approach me. I look up to see the minister of the church. I haven't been to church, but somehow the minister knows who I am.

"Good afternoon Minister."

"Good afternoon Mackenzie. And please call me Jack."

He takes a seat next to me. We sit in silence for a while. It's not an awkward silence. It's comfortable. Eventually I turn to him.

"Jack? I'm curious. I haven't come to church in the six years I've been here. Yet you know so much about me and my family. I just wanted to know, how?"

Jack laughs,

"I knew a question like this would be asked eventually. You were bound to notice."

He looks me in the eye and begins to explain.

"I have an old friend back in Beacon Hills where you came from. His name is Allan Deaton. I believe he owns a veterinary centre there."

I nod,

"You believed correctly. I used to work there."

"Well, he came into contact with me not long after you arrived here with your family. He told me about you, said you were the True Alpha. Allan has always been able to trust me. And well naturally he came to me to ask that I keep an eye on your family."

I turn to look at the church.

"The walls are lined with mountain ash. Aren't they?"

He nods,

"But a special kind. A kind that can create sanctuary for the supernatural. Deaton told me about how you fought with the Alpha pack. I will tell you the same thing I told him. You and your family will be safe and welcome in my church. I will give you safety when you feel threatened."

I look at him and smile.

"Thank you. I'm probably going to need that support."

He gets up,

"I'll leave you alone to your parents now."

I smile at him,

"Thank you."

He nods and walks back into the church.

After maybe another hour of sitting at my parent's grave I decide to go home. I open the door to my home and hear the sound of pattering feet and then,

"Mommy!"

I walk in and shut the door then bend down to allow my six year old daughter to run into my arms. I stand up and then hear,

"Mamma."

I see my four year old son run up to me. I lift him up and let him hug me. Lia hugs my leg, she's up to my hip in height so I can easily rest my hand on the top of her head.

"Lia, where's your daddy?"

"He's upstairs." She replies.

I put Noah on the floor,

"Go upstairs and play for a while."

They run upstairs, Lia running ahead with Noah on her tail.

"And no fighting."

"Okay mommy."

I walk into the kitchen and get a glass and fill it with water. After I finish it I look out the window of the kitchen. I then feel arms around my waist and then I feel Derek put his head in the crook of my neck and breathe in my scent. I turn around.

"Hey."

"Hi."

He leans in and kisses my lips. We break away and soon enough I hear my daughter running down the stairs. She shrieks as her brother chases her. She runs into the kitchen and runs up to Derek.

"Daddy help me. Noah is chasing me!"

I laugh as Noah stops at my legs, I pick him up,

"Were you chasing your sister Little Wolf?" I ask, poking his stomach.

He squirms and shakes his head.

"I think you did."

He laughs as I begin to tickle him.

"Stop mamma. Stop!"

I put him down and ruffle his blonde hair. He got his hair from me and his eyes from Derek, whereas Lia got Derek's jet black hair and my piercing blue eyes. After a while Lia and Noah go off to play again. I turn to Derek, I catch a glimpse of his neck and spot a small hickey. I smirk to myself.

"What's that?" I ask pointing to the hickey, the smirk evidently plastered on my face.

"You should know what it is. You put it there."

I laugh.

After Lia and Noah have played for a while, Lia comes downstairs and sees Derek and I sitting on the sofa, I'm curled up, leaning my head on Derek's shoulder, he has his arm around my shoulders. I'm drawing faint shapes on his leg. Lia must spot the mark that I have on my arm.

"Mommy?"

I turn to look at her.

"Yeah princess?"

"What does that mark mean?"

"It appears after you find your Mate. The person you want to spend the rest of your life with."

"When will I get one?" she asks.

She's always so curious. I look at Derek and then pat the spot next to me. Lia comes over and sits next to me.

"When you meet your Mate."

"How will I know."

"You don't. At first. You find out after time. You always want to be near that person, making sure they're safe."

"Do you and daddy still feel that way about each other?" She looks between Derek and I.

Derek turns to face her.

"If we didn't feel that way about each other now, you and Noah might not have been here. Once you find your Mate, you don't really get a choice about the way you feel. Your instincts don't allow you to feel anything else but attraction towards one another."

She smiles, obviously happy with the answer Derek provided. Noah comes downstairs rubbing his eyes. I look at the clock and see it's nine o'clock.

"Okay come on, Little Wolf. Bedtime."

"Aw but mamma. I'm not even tired." He says, through a yawn.

"Really? That yawn tells me otherwise. Come on."

I get up and take his hand.

"Lia, ten minutes. Then it's your bedtime."

She nods.

"Okay."

I walk upstairs with Noah. Once we get into his room, I help him put his pyjamas on, they've got Superman on them, he loves Superman and he often refers to Derek as Superman, cause he has 'superpowers.' He clutches the stuffed giraffe he was given when he was first born.

"Do you want your night light on?"

He nods. He's afraid of the dark. Or to be more precise, what's in the dark. I turn the light on, illuminating the small room with a dull blue light.

"Now, are you and Mr Giraffe both comfortable?" I ask him.

He nods, and then makes the giraffe nod too.

"Okay then. Good night Little Wolf."

"Night mamma."

I brush the hair away from his face, then kiss his forehead and pull the covers over him. I leave the room quietly. I then walk downstairs to see my daughter curled up next to her father. Her eyes are drooping but she's trying ever so hard to keep them open. Once she sees me, she opens her arms, gesturing that she wants me to carry her.

"You want me to carry you, princess?"

She nods and stands. I pick her up and she swings her legs around my hips and rests her head on my shoulder. I turn to Derek.

"I'm just gonna put Lia to bed, then I think I'm going to go to sleep."

He nods and I begin to carry Lia up to her room. I open the door and walk to her bed. I lay her on it gently. I cover her up and kiss her forehead. I begin to walk out when I hear her sleepy voice.

"Mommy?"

I turn.

"Mhm?" I hum.

"Could you do the thing? Please?"

I walk to the bed and sit down. She gives me her hand and then I open my eyes and the red ones appear. I then begin to transport memories, stories. Once I've finished she asks,

"Mommy, what happened to your mommy and daddy? And daddy's mommy and daddy?"

"You know your daddy's uncle Peter?"

She shakes her head.

"Oh of course you wouldn't you were only a baby. Well... as your daddy and I have told you, you're special. Not only are you a beautiful Princess. You are a very rare type of Werewolf. Your daddy's uncle Peter is a Werewolf too, but he turned bad. He killed my mommy and daddy." "What about daddy's parents?"

"Your daddy's parents died in a fire."

"Oh."

I nod.

"But, I'll show you them. You and Noah will see them. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Night sweetheart."

"Night mommy."

I leave her room and walk to the room I share with Derek to see him sitting on the bed already. I flop on the bed and yawn loudly. Once I get comfortable, Derek wraps his arms around me, peppering my neck in kisses. He rubs his thumb in circles on my stomach. Eventually I fall asleep.

And this is it. Derek and I have a family of our own now.

Yes, maybe red eyes are dangerous. But sometimes, the force of true will diminishes the fury behind those dangerous red eyes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lovelies!

This is the last chapter. I hope everyone has enjoyed reading this story. And for those who have voted on the chapters, I am so thankful. This was the first story/fanfiction I've written and it has really helped me. So thank you guys, cause without you reading this, there wouldn't be any point in me writing it and updating. So thanks (again.)

~Megan :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 699 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...
473K 15.2K 109
When Jordan Parrish was drawn to the small town of Beacon Hills, he never expected to find the existence of the supernatural there. He never intended...
144K 4K 21
(This is a sequel to Red Eyes (Teen Wolf/Derek Hale) Please read that before you read this. Thankyou.) ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++...
19K 597 13
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...