Chapter 2

It was late so I decided to go to sleep. I hadn't got much sleep these past two as I keep getting nightmares and flashbacks to those bright red eyes. I wake up in early morning sweating and gasping for air. (It doesn't help that I've got asthma!) This had been happening since the crash two weeks ago and I couldn't get the image of the red eyes out of my mind. I decided I'd go on a run later to try and clear my head.

As I stepped out of my room and made my way downstairs to get something to eat I bumped into Stiles sending him backwards throwing his books in the air. I gave him a hand up and helped him pick up his books. They all had strange titles and all of them had a picture of something to do with the supernatural on their covers. Then I remembered he was still at school so I decided to ask him the one question he probably didn't want me to ask

"So, do you still have crush on Lydia Martin?"

He looked up and blushed

"I... No... I mean... Sort of?"

That last one was more of a question, I laughed at his loss for words and continued to go downstairs with Stiles at my heels, I could tell he had loads of questions as he reeked of curiosity (Chemo Signals). I went straight to the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar and then was about to retreat back to my room when Stiles stopped me

"What Stiles?" I sighed

"Well I just wanted to ask, are you getting nightmares from the accident? Because Scott called me early this morning to say he thought something was wrong with you. In other words he could sense it..."

I sighed again while looking up at the ceiling.

"Yes Stiles I'm getting nightmares. Some nights I wake up sweating and gasping for air like last night and other nights I wake up screaming. All I see is a pair of bright red eyes and I can't sleep anymore. Now if you don't mind I'm going out for a run"

I turn around and start to walk up to my room

"Wait are you sure you don't want to come to Scott's house with me we're going to discuss the full moon."

I stopped. I forgot that the full moon was only three nights away. I turned around to look at him

"I'll come round later after I've cleared my head."

"Okay see you later!"

"Bye!" I shout back.

I quickly go and change and leave the house locking the door with my set of keys. I head towards the woods. I remember spending days out here in the woods playing tag with my best friend (at the time) Cora Hale, we were only like 6 or 7. I got to know Cora because strangely my mother was good friends with her mother Talia Hale, the Hales were a family that didn't really talk to people like my family and I never really knew why. I saw Cora loads and we just became best friends she was like a little sister to me in a way. I also met her older brother Derek we became friendly but then he got popular and met Paige. I remember at some points I was closer to him than I ever was with Cora, but I haven't seen or heard from any of the Hales in 6 years which is a long time.

I start running at a slow pace and am already in the woods, I forgot that I can run faster than any human being could ever hope. I run past a river that seems slightly familiar but I can't remember why. Suddenly I come across a clearing that I think I have been in before. I slowly walk through the clearing when I get a strong scent of Werewolf and the sense that I'm not alone. I then come across an old house that has obviously been on fire at some point but something doesn't feel right. Then I remember that this is where the Hale house once stood. A weight settles in my chest making it hard to breathe. What happened here? Where is Cora? Where is the Hale family? How many of them survived? These sort of questions are running through my head but what the biggest question I want an answer to is who or what (Come on it is Beacon Hills) started the fire?

"What are you doing here? This is private property"

A voice says startling me out of my thoughts. I turn around to see a guy in his early twenties standing there staring at me. The scent of Werewolf is really strong so he must be one. Then I take another look at him and something seems familiar I don't know what it is but I feel like I know him. That's when I realise who he is,

"Wait Derek? Is that you?"

He seems surprised that I know who he is but everyone knows who Derek Hale is. He was captain of the Basketball team and overly popular.

"Kenzie?"

I smile at the nickname he used to give me when he as kids as my name being very long it was easier to shorten it.

"Yeah. What happened here?"

He looks at me contemplating telling me

"You can trust me you know. You've always been able to trust me"

"Well, you remember Kate Argent don't you?"

I cringe at the name I never thought I'd hear it again.

"Yeah I remember her"

Kate Argent was the girl I warned Derek about when I first met her, I had a feeling that she would manipulate him but he never listened to me. He always thought I was Jealous!

"Well she was the cause of this. Laura and I were at school and she came and set fire to the house. My uncle, Laura and I were the only survivors."

"I'm sorry about your family. When did it happen?"

"A week after you left."

"I'm so sorry."

I wanted to say I warned him about her but I didn't want to reopen closed wounds for him. I also needed to find out if he was like me (A Werewolf)

"Wait so where are Laura and Peter now?"

"Laura's dead the Alpha killed her and my uncle's been a comatose and unresponsive for the past 6 years"

I gasp Laura? Dead?

She was the one person I trusted and I could tell anything to her. And that also proved my theory he is one of us.

"Do you know who the Alpha is? He bit Scott and I. I need to know who it is"

I knew he had known about Scott because when I was eavesdropping I heard Derek's name mentioned.

"I don't know who he is but I know that Laura came here looking for him but he killed her so now I'm looking for him."

"We're you Bitten?"

"No I was born with it. People who are born with it have an easier time with controlling the shift even on a full moon."

That reminded me about Stiles' offer for full moon discussion.

"I need to go. I'm sorry Derek"

I turn around and go to walk off when Derek's voice stops me

"Where are you going?"

I freeze

"Scott's"

He nods and I leave

"Bye Derek!" I shout as I walk off.

I run home I guess I need to call my uncle's house home cause I'm staying there for a while. I walk through the door when I realise I didn't manage to clear my head. I've got more questions than I ever imagined.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey loves!

Comment, Vote, Share

~ Megan 💞