Chapter 29

I wake up hearing a buzzing from my phone I groan, and roll out of Derek's embrace and see a missed call from Stiles and a text

From: Stiles

Meet me at Scott's, now! It's an emergency!

I turn to Derek, 

"I need to go." 

I realise that he has the same expression as me. 

"Me too."

I run and get changed and go to the door. 

"I'll see you later, or tomorrow" 

He nods. 

"Love you!" he shouts. 

"Love you too!" I shout back as I go out the door.

Derek's POV

I'm standing on the roof of the hospital with the Sheriff. I'm standing over the body of a dead teen. The sheriff is slightly alarmed when he turns around to see me. 

"I guess you've been here long enough to know we need to be quick about this." The sherriff informs me. "Scott said he called himself a-a Wendigo?" He finishes.

"Cannibalistic shape shifters. But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must've been well hidden." 

Suddenly the scent of blood fills my nose I look around the roof. 

"How many people did Scott say were up here?" 

"Just Sean, and the Axe murderer. Who apparently has no mouth. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?" 

I step towards the edge of the roof and see a streak of blood next to my shoe. 

"There was definitely someone else. Someone young. Male." 

"Smell his fear?" 

"And his blood"

Mackenzie's POV

I sprint into Scott's house and run up the stairs and see Scott and Stiles sitting on Scott's bed. 

"Oh My God what happened are you alright, are you hurt?" 

"Kenz, calm down. We're fine" Stiles says. 

"Well you said it was an emergency." 

Scott goes to say something when Stiles launches into a lengthy explanation, 

"Scott accidently bit Liam to save him from falling off the roof of the hospital. So he's currently duct taped in Scott's bath" 

"What the hell?" 

"Okay, calm down. We can handle this calmly" 

I nod and kneel in front of Scott. 

"So you bit him," Stiles says, 

Scott nods his head. 

"And you kidnapped him and brought him here?" I ask quizzically. 

"I panicked" 

"This isn't going to end with us burying pieces of his body out in the dessert, is it?" 

I hear a muffled yell from the bathroom that I'm guessing was Liam. I slap Stiles on the back of the head. 

"As a reminder, this is why I come up with the plans. Your plans suck" Stiles states. 

"I know that's why I called you" Scott tells him.