Chapter 33

I wake up still at the hospital. I have the sudden urge to throw up. I quickly and quietly sprint to the bathroom down the corridor. I empty the contents of my stomach. This has been happening for the past few days. Hmm weird. I come out of the bathroom to see Melissa, 

"Hey kiddo. You alright?" 

I shake my head, 

"No not really. Werewolves can't get sick. But recently I've been throwing up. And I have no idea why." 

She nods and takes my hand. She walks me into a room and sits me on the bed. She takes a seat in front of the bed. 

"Okay. I'm just gonna ask you some questions. I won't judge you when you answer them okay?" 

I nod. 

"Okay. How long have you been throwing up?" 

"A few days." 

She nods. 

"And have you maybe... had sex in those past few days?" 

I look at her and slowly nod. 

"Is there anything else you've maybe noticed?" 

"Well, I think my period is late. Why? What's wrong with me?" I ask, still not understanding the point she's trying to make. 

She smiles and rubs my arm. 

"Well, you're not sick. Mackenzie, I think you're pregnant." 

My eyes widen. Pregnant, now? I breathe in deeply, keeping my eyes trained on the floor.

"Oh My God. I don't know what to say." 

She smiles. 

"I know, I was like this when I found out I was pregnant with Scott." 

"Melissa, how did Rafael react when you told him?" 

"Well he was happy. So, another quick question. Who's the dad?" 

I shiver. 

"Derek..." 

She smiles, 

"Tell him. He'll be happy." 

"I don't know... I mean, he's got enough on his mind. I don't want him to always worry about me. And I don't want to burden him with a baby. I can't protect anyone, never mind have a baby and protect it as well." I say, getting panicked. 

She hugs me and then takes my hand and walks me back to the room, I see Derek holding Braeden's hand. He must've woken up because he was asleep when I left. 

"Just tell him. You don't need to worry." 

I look to Melissa. 

"Thank you, for helping me figure out what it was." 

She smiles and holds her thumbs up. I walk into the room and put my hand on Derek's shoulder. 

"Derek? I need to talk to you. It can't wait. It's really important." 

He looks at me and must see the nervousness in my eyes, because he takes my hand and walks me outside. I fiddle with my fingers and suddenly my shoes become very interesting. 

"What is it?" he says, worry lacing his tone. 

"Derek... I'm... I'm." I sigh, I can't find the words. 

He places his hand on my chin and then lifts my head up. 

"What? What's making you nervous?"