Chapter 9

I wake up to find that Derek's no longer next to me. I hear two voices down the hall and I'm guessing that Stiles and Scott decided to skip school. I think. I walk to the mirror and look at the reflection of my eyes, I look like I haven't slept in weeks. I brush my hair and leave it down hanging in long loose blonde waves down to my lower back. I make my way along to Stiles' room. I walk in to see Scott and Stiles talking about something. They stop talking when they see me and stare at me. Then I realise I'm wearing a black tank top and a pair of bed shorts. Scott looks to me with anger in his eyes.

"Why do you have Derek's scent all over you? He was here wasn't he?"

Oh shit. He can smell Derek's scent on me.

I see Stiles' eyes widen.

"You slept with him didn't you?!"

I look at him with the 'Are-You-Serious' look.

"No. Even if I did why do you care?"

"Kenzie. He's lying to us. He should be able to tell us stuff."

I scoff

"Yeah. Okay trust you two. You got him thrown in jail because you thought he murdered his sister. Which can I say was a dick move."

Stiles looks to me.

"Fine. The real reason I have Derek's scent on me. Is because last night I climbed onto the roof and then he came. He stayed with me and we talked. Okay. Happy?"

I shoot them both a glare.

"What were you two talking about?"

"The Alpha. Derek's got an idea of who it is." Scott answers me.

I nod and turn around to leave.

"Where are you going?" Stiles asks me

"To get dressed." I say in a DUH tone.

He nods and I leave. I walk into my room and sit on my bed and I hear my phone buzz. I look around and can't see it. I take my duvet and shake it when I hear a loud 'Thud' found it!

I unlock it to see:

From: Derek
Meet me at my house in one hour.

I go take a shower and change. I grab my phone and run into the woods, towards the Hale house. I walk into the clearing and catch Derek's scent.

"This isn't another training session is it?"

"No."

I turn around and see Derek standing behind me.

"Follow me."

I walk up to him and follow him.

"Scott said you have an idea on who the Alpha is. Care to share?"

"Well I'm picking Scott up from the animal clinic later, you should come too."

We keep walking until we reach a cliff at the edge of the preserve. I know this cliff, this is the first time I've been back since the night... Derek sits down and I sit next to him. We talk for a while when Derek says.