Uptown Boy (Narry Storan)

By ohmynarries

"I just wanted you to fuck me but I got greedy and wanted you to love me." The one where Niall is a simple ca... More

Prologue
01. Design
02. What's your name?
03. Guilt-Free
04. Toxic
05. Car Trouble
06. Uncle Niall
07. Hook Up
08. Dead love
09. No sense
10. Keep it simple
11. Friends with benefits
12. Don't call me
13. East End & Birthdays
14. Drunk
15. Gala
16. McDonalds
17. Father, father
18. Car rides & Bridges
19. Betrayal
20. Water
21. Niall n Nan
22. Choose. Me or him?
23. Eyes
24. Doubts
25. Titanic
26. Birthday
27. Falling
28. Meeting Nanna
29. Issues
30. Passing
31. Hacker
32. Funeral
33. Studio
34. Who is he?
35. EJ
36. Insider
37. Deal?
38. Sociopaths
39. How far we've come
40. Space
41. Stay or leave
42. Playground & Car Parts
43. Giving up
44. Don't give up
45. Message
46. Paris
47. Reunited
48. I'll wait for you
49. Escape Plan
50. We're free
52. Don't let me go
53. Stars
Epilogue

51. Hospital

2.6K 117 101
By ohmynarries

HS

"Oh my goodness thank god you're here. I think I'm gonna start to lose my shit if I stay here for another day." I groan. "Let me tell you Niall, the smell of medication is gonna start seeping into my brain and it's going to drive me nuts soon enough." I say dramatically.

Niall rolls his eyes at how dramatic I'm being, breathing out a short laugh.

"You're such a drama queen." He teases, climbing onto the small bed next to me, being careful to avoid all the tubes and wires. He wiggles his arm underneath my neck gently, before carefully pulling me into his side. I sigh in contentment, laying my head on his chest.

"You don't get to say that when you're not the one being stuck in this damn hospital for an extra week." I mumble childishly.

"Who's that talking bad about my hospital?" A familiar voice that I've heard way too much these past few days joins in.

I flush red in embarrassment as my doctor, Dr Miller, walks in with his usual clipboard in his hand. One thing I'm glad for though, is that I didn't get some old cranky doctor, but instead, a younger one, who seem to be only a couple of years older than us. Not to mention, he's kinda hot. And those are Niall's words.

Niall chuckles loudly at my reaction. "Harry did!" Niall says like a little kid who's trying to get his friend in trouble. I roll my eyes, but a stupid fond smile spreads across my face.

"You can't blame me. The smell of rubbing alcohol and antiseptic cream makes me sick." I whine childishly. Dr Miller chuckles softly, shaking his head disbelievingly at me, before coming over to my side. Niall takes this as a signal to get off the bed, leaving me pouting.

Dr Miller lifts up the hospital blouse slightly I'm wearing to expose my bruised torso. The young doctor presses his rather cold fingers gently onto my sides, causing a shiver to run through me at how cold his hands are. Niall notices my reaction, before he discreetly nods his head in the direction of Dr Miller, before wiggling his eyebrows playfully. I break out into a Long string of laughter, before a jolt of pain surges through me, and my smile drops into a grimace. Can you believe my very own boyfriend is teasing me about me and another guy.

"Niall, don't make him laugh." Dr Miller says, faux sternly, yet, there's still a hint of authority behind his voice. "His broken ribs aren't completely healed yet."

"Yeah, Niall, don't make me laugh." I echo lamely.

"And you, Harry," he wags a finger at me. "Stop being so cheeky. If not, your wounds aren't ever gonna heal. Anyway, I'll just be setting up the x-ray room for a scan, and I'll be right back then we can see if you're fit to get out of this 'damn hospital'." He narrows his eyes at me playfully, before pulling my shirt back down, and writing something down on his clipboard.

Niall and I release a short giggle, before Niall childishly sticks his tongue out at me, because he's that mature. I roll my eyes, an amused smile still on my lips.

"Now, I'll be back in a minute, and for the love of god you guys, don't do anything funny." He says, pretending to sound like he's begging. Niall and I giggle, but nod, watching as he leaves my room. The only reason he said that is because he walked in on us snogging (may or may not be a little more than that), on my hospital bed a couple of days back, and he's probably already scarred for life.

"So, should we listen to him or.." Niall trails off, already crawling up next to me on my bed with a small smirk. I barely had a chance to respond before he starts trailing a line of blazing kisses along the sides of my neck, before leading it right back to my waiting lips. As our lips touch, I felt like I was walking on air. It was magic, the way his lips connected with mine. I open my mouth with a low moan.

His tongue immediately delves right past my lips, and I gladly let him explore my entire mouth, a soft moan leaving my lips as his tongue massages against mine.

He carefully threads his fingers through my hair gently, while I pull him in closer by his waist. He deepens the kiss by nibbling ever so gently on my slightly busted bottom lip. The kiss become harder and more urgent as I now start to run my hands up his back.

"Jesus. Why do I even bother? Does anybody listen to the doctors around here?" Dr Miller's voice joins us back in the room. Niall and I break our kiss, to see him with his hands over his eyes.

We chuckle softly, before Niall climbs off my bed once more, and plops down on the chair beside the bed.

"I said I'd be gone for a minute, not an hour." He mutters under his breath, causing us to break out into another soft laugh. "Is it safe now?" He asks, peeking an eye through his parted fingers. Niall throws his head back in another laugh, his gorgeous eyes crinkling, a small dimple indenting on the top of his cheekbones. Fuck, he's so beautiful.

"It's safe." Niall says through his laugh.

"Right, I just need to run some tests. Niall, do you mind waiting outside?" Dr Miller asks. Niall shakes his head, and stands from his spot.

"I'm gonna grab some lunch. Do you want anything?" He asks.

"A sandwich is fine." I smile up at him.

"Kay, I'll be right back, pet." He says, before pressing a sloppy kiss on my forehead, causing a stupid grin to form on my face at his little action.

»

"Right, Harry. Here's your x-ray scan." He says, showing me a printed image of my ribs, before helping me sit back onto bed. "As you can see here," he points to one of my ribs. "There's still cracks here and it's not fully healed yet. But that being said, your recovery seems to be doing very well and-"

"Does this mean I get to go home?" I ask excitedly, cutting him off. He chuckles, shaking his head.

"Not yet. Just another two days or so, yeah? You've suffered from quite a lot of blood loss, actually. It's quite a miracle how you managed to pull through all of that." He smiles softly at me. "Just get some rest yeah? Your boyfriend should be back soon." He gives me a half smile, before hanging the clipboard up on the hook above my head, and slowly makes his way out once he makes sure everything is in place.

I sigh softly in contentment, slumping onto the bed once I'm left alone once again, letting my thoughts consume me once again.

We're finally back in London. Elijah and that Cavill guy have finally been caught, and would both be doing quite heavy times in prison. According to the cops, who spoke to us just yesterday, said that Leo is still on the run, but they're doing everything they can to catch him. But he definitely wouldn't be harassing us again soon. Plus, the cops managed to get back all five million of my studio's funds, which I'm absolutely ecstatic by.

Zayn is fine and recovering from the gunshot wound in the room next door.

And best of all, Niall's not going to jail.

That thought alone puts a smile to my face. The cops figured that the majority of the time when Niall was trafficking, he was just a minor. Granted, that he did traffic for Elijah and Leo just recently, but the cops decided to cut him some slack since he only did it because he was threatened. So thankfully, they decided he doesn't have to stay in jail for years. Instead, he has to do community service every evening for three weeks.

Even then, I'm still so fucking happy that I still get to see his face everyday.

"Honey, I'm home!" Niall suddenly yells, bursting through my room, startling the crap out of me.

"Jesus, Niall." I breathe out, still clutching onto my thumping heart. "Give me a heart attack, why don't you?" He grins, but makes his way towards me with bags of food in his hands.

"Why are you smiling like a maniac?" He asks, before placing the food on the small tray table before wheeling it closer to me.

"Was just day dreaming about the greatest guy on earth." I say dreamily, before winking. He chuckles, plopping down next to me on the bed and hands me my sandwich.

"Yeah? What were you thinking about your amazing your boyfriend?" He gives his eyebrows a little wiggle.

I scrunch my nose up playfully. "Ew, who said anything about you? I was daydreaming of some other hot guy which I cannot put a name to at the moment." I tease, taking a bite off my sandwich casually. He gasps, before flicking my forehead.

"Ow! Did you just injure your hospitalised boyfriend?" I say, mouth full of food, rubbing the spot that he flicked.

"Oh hush up, your forehead isn't injured. Grow some balls." He says with a smirk, before taking a bite off his own sandwich.

"Don't have to be so mean about it." I mutter. He giggles softly, before placing a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

It's then a comfortable silence between us, us both just lost in thought and eating silently.

"Harry?" Niall calls, crumpling up his now empty sandwich wrapper.

"Hmm?" I hum, swallowing my food.

"I never got to thank you properly." He says, a lot more seriously now.

"What for love?" I ask. He sighs, wrapping his arm around me again and pulling me to his chest.

"You basically saved both our arses. You were willing to fight off those two men just so we could escape. You're my fucking hero." I laugh softly, pressing a kiss on the base of his neck.

"Speaking of heros, don't you think that Cavill guy looked a lot like the actor who played superman?" I ask, completely changing topic.

He purses his lips in thought. "I don't see it." He says, shrugging. (a/n: oh the irony aha)

"But anyway, you know I'd do anything for you, love." I say, a lot more seriously now. He smiles weakly.

"But there was a possibility of you losing. Badly. And I would have never forgiven myself." He says, snuggling his head to the top of my head.

"Lucky for you, I'm an amazing boxer." I grin, trying to lessen his worries. He looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"You box?" He asks, shocked. My lips tug up into a smug smirk, before I playfully flex my biceps, giving it a kiss.

"Where do you think these babies came from?" I tease.

He snorts out a laugh. "I don't know, handjobs?" He arches a brow and I throw my head back in a loud laugh.

"Fuck off." I breathe out through my laughs, ignoring the slight pain in my ribs. He giggles, intertwining our fingers and bringing my arm back down.

"Whatever it is, I think it's smokin' hot that you're a boxer."

"So I'm not 'smokin hot' if I'm not a boxer?" I raise an eyebrow.

He puts on a thinking face, his eyes raking me up and down.

"I guess you're still smokin hot." He grins. I chuckle softly.

"Anyway, who says smokin' hot these days?" I tease, even though there's a prominent blush on my cheeks, which Niall obviously sees.

"I do." He grins, before wetting the tip of his finger with the tip of his tongue, before touching my arm, releasing a low hissing sound.

"Tssss."

I snort out another loud laugh, shaking my head in amusement.

Someone please give me a comprehensive and detailed explanation as to why I'm so completely in love with an idiot.

»»»

"How're you feeling now Zayn?" I ask as Niall guides me down onto the chair next to Zayn's bed, and he takes a seat on the arm rest of the chair.

"Better. But my leg just constantly feels numb or like it's falling asleep." He says.

"Then just put an alarm next to your leg." I say with a grin and Niall snorts out a laugh but Zayn's face stays deadpan.

"Come on! It's a pretty good joke." I say but his expression doesn't budge.

"That was just..." he trails off. "Horrible."

"Whatever." I mutter. "At least Niall found it funny. I knew I could count on you baby." I grin up at him, giving him a one-arm hug and he returns it by wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pressing a kiss on the crown of my head.

"Pretty sure Niall only laughed because it was bad." Zayn says with a snicker.

"Yeah, true." Niall says and I narrow my eyes at him slightly. "Hey, be glad you at least have someone who's actually laughing." He says when he notices my faux glare on him.

"You're lucky I love you." I mutter.

"Anything to make you happy, love." He grins, before pressing numerous kisses on my lips.

"Argh. You guys are so cute it's disgusting." Zayn fake gags.

To make Zayn even more uncomfortable, I release a low moan, giving Niall's waist a little squeeze.

Niall giggles softly against my lips, before breaking our kiss, shooting Zayn a sly smirk.

"Whenever you want a show, you can always give us a ring." Niall winks. Zayn rolls his eyes, fake gagging once more.

"Who the fuck would wanna see that? My best mate and my boss." Zayn scrunches his face up in disgust.

Niall shrugs with a smug smirk, wrapping . "Your loss, mate."

»»»

"'Ari babes." I hear Niall cooing in my ear. I flutter my eyes open at the voice of my wonderful boyfriend. "Did you sleep well?" He asks, gently running his fingers through my hair. I hum in response, a lazy smile on my face.

"Would be an even better nap if you were here with me." I say with a small pout. He laughs softly, before planting a sweet kiss on my pouting lips.

"Sorry baby. But I'll be done with the community services in exactly 18 days." He grins. "And if I'm on good behaviour, maybe 2 weeks." He says, a wave of pride surging through me.

"I'm happy for you love." I say sincerely.

"I'm happy for me too." He beams. "Anyway, I bought you Japanese for dinner." He says, and my heart melts at his thoughtfulness. Ever since Niall got discharged from the hospital (which, he only stayed for about two days because his injuries weren't that bad), he has been taking such wonderful care for me while I'm still stuck in here, and I cannot be more grateful. It's his little words and actions that always mean the most to me.

"You're the best boyfriend in the whole wide world and I love you." I gush, my mouth already watering as I eye my bento rice set that comes with steaming hot miso soup.

He chuckles softly. "I know." He smiles, before taking out his share as well.

He inclines my bed upwards into a sitting position before dragging the table closer to me, with my food all opened and ready to be devoured.

"Aaaanddd, wait here. There's someone who's dying to see you. Don't move." He grins.

He then abruptly rushes out of the room before I could even say anything, leaving me laughing softly at him. He's adorable.

"HAWWY!" I soon hear the familiar voice of an adorable bundle of joy screaming my name. I turn to the voice, before a wide grin splits onto my face.

"Theo! Hey bud!" I greet cheerfully before Niall places him beside me on the bed, and he wraps his tiny arms around my neck in a tight hug. My heart swells with fondness, before giving him a hug back as well.

"Theo has been dying to see you again so he made Greg bring him all the way here." Niall tells me. I laugh softly, pressing a kiss on the tip of his tiny nose.

"Well, I've missed him loads too." I say. "And thank Greg for bringing Theo here, where is he anyway?" I ask, looking over at the door, as though he can magically appear.

"He's down at the cafeteria for awhile and will be up to pick Theo up again later." He tells me. I nod in understanding, turning to the little boy in my arms, watching as his blue eyes shine with glee. I can't help but to coo.

"How're you doing bunny? You've been a good boy?" I ask gently. He giggles nodding, tugging on the ends of my hair.

"I have." He beams. "So can we eat now?" He asks excitedly, waving his Spongebob lunchbox just for extra measure. I chuckle softly, nodding.

"Of course bud, you can take a seat next to me." I say, shifting my slightly aching body to the side slightly before patting the spot next to me. He smiles, before sitting himself down.

"What're you having for dinner?" I ask, peering into his lunchbox.

"Mac n cheese." He says proudly. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Of course it's mac n cheese." I mutter fondly.

Niall takes a seat opposite us on my bed, taking out his own dinner. He gently nudges my leg, and I raise an eyebrow at him slightly. He simply wiggles his eyebrows with a wide smile. I laugh softly, nudging him back playfully.

We then start eating in a comfortable silence, all of us too cooped up with our food to really talk.

"Niall?" I finally break the silence after awhile, bringing the bowl of miso soup down from my lips after taking a sip from it.

"Hmm?"

"Wanna here a joke?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

"No. Not really." He says, before taking a bite off his chicken.

"You make miso happy." I say anyway, with a proud smile on my face. He glances at me, exaggerating an eye roll, but there's a hint of amusement laced behind his eyes and a tiny half smile on his lips. Not to mention, a fucking blush is tinting his cheeks.

"Shut up." He mutters, still looking down at his food rather shyly, and I found that to be absolutely adorable.

"Aww c'mon, admit it, babe, that joke was soup-erb." He groans.

"And now you're just being soup-er annoying."

"Aye, now you're getting the hang of it!" I grin widely, playfully nudging his leg with mine

Theo starts giggling adorably next to me, even though I'm pretty sure he didn't even understand the joke.

Niall smiles fondly at his nephew, shaking his head in amusement. Why does my heart feel so warm just watching him smile at Theo??

"Just drink up your damn miso soup." He tells me, an amused smile on his lips. I laugh softly, grinning cheekily at him. He totally found that funny. And somehow, that thought alone makes a slow smile spread across my lips. This must be happiness.

And, p.s, I'm most definitely whipped.

»»»

I stare blankly at the tv hanging above head. It's simply playing on some news channel and I simply just can't bring myself to pay any attention to it. It's already my sixth— almost seventh— day here and supposedly, am allowed to go back tonight. I barely saw Niall today. He's out doing his community service, which is to paint over the vandalisms, and to basically clean up the streets, and he'll only be over in an hours time. I've tried going over to Zayn's room, but they're running some tests on him now and will pretty much take up half an hour or so. So basically, I'm bored out of my mind.

That is why, when there was a soft knock on the room door, my entire body immediately perks up. I turn to the door, seeing through the small window on the door is the last person I ever expected to see. Louis.

I give him a weak and a rather awkward smile, ushering him to come in. Yes, I'm that bored.

He smiles, before pushing open the door, and I'm surprised to see Liam trailing behind him as well, their hands gently intertwined. I can't help but to break out into a rather... relieved smile. I'm just happy he's finally learning to move on.

"Hi Har." Liam is the first to greet, a rather small smile on his face.

"Hey Harry." Louis pipes in, equally as soft and awkward.

"Hey guys." I reply. "How'd you know I was in here?" I ask curiously.

"I was looking for you the other day actually, to you know, hang out, and I couldn't get hold of you but I happened to bump into Niall just yesterday when I tried going over to your place when he was getting some things for you from home and he told me that you and Zayn were here in the hospital." Liam explains. He eyes my injuries. "You feeling better?" He asks.

I sigh, rather exaggeratedly. "I'm fine, just bored out of my mind." I groan.

"Erm.." Louis clears his throat softly.

"Li, mind if I have a word with Harry for a sec?" He asks softly, and not gonna lie, that kind of worries me a little. Maybe it's because of the little voice in my head that's reminding me of how our talks usually turn out— bad.

"Yeah sure, I'll be right outside." Liam says, shooting Louis a reassuring smile.

Once Liam has left, we're then left with an awkward silence. I shift uncomfortably in my spot on the bed, and I watch as he clenches and unclenches his hands and shuffles his feet against the tiles of the hospital floor, actions which are Louis' nervous habits.

I clear my throat softly, and he raises his eyes back to mine. "You wanted to talk?" I ask softly.

"Yeah." He says, before taking a seat on the chair next to my bed. "Ermm.. listen Har, everything that happened between us, I was hoping we could just put it behind us? I know we're never meant to be, but I just hope you didn't think that the four years we were together was a waste of time." He says nervously.

I breathe out a soft sigh. "Listen Lou, I want you to know that I've never regretted us. The last two years were definitely not that great, and we definitely have seen better days. But the first two years when we were together, it was amazing, and I really did love you. So no, I won't forget everything that happened between us. The bad times, I'd gladly put behind us, but those good times that we shared, and everything you've done for me, I won't ever forget that. You played a big part in who I am today, Lou." I say truthfully.

He smiles softly. "Thank You Harry, really." He says sincerely. "And, I'm still so sorry for everything I've put both you and Niall through. And I'm sorry that I took what we had for granted. In my naivety, I thought what we had was unbreakable, which in turn, only caused more harm than anything else, so really, I'm truly sorry, Harry."

"It's alright." I murmur. "I'm sorry too. I played a part in what happened between us as well." He smiles, shaking his head.

"We good?" He asks. I laugh softly, nodding.

"We're good." I say, smiling.

He grins, and I'm not gonna lie, I actually miss seeing his smile, miss seeing him happy in general, and I suppose I only have myself to blame for that. But I'm glad that Louis now has Liam in his life to make him happy, because I truly believe that Liam can be the source of Louis' happiness.

"And, take good care of Liam yeah? Even though he's my best mate, he can act like a big baby." I tease. Louis chuckles softly, nodding.

"I will. I truly love him, Harry." He tells me with a warm smile, and my heart flutters slightly.

"I'm happy for you, Lou. I truly am." I smile brightly.

"And I'm sure you'll always be happy with-"

"Have no fear! Your boyfriend is here!" Niall's excited voice suddenly bursts through the door, breaking up Louis and I's conversation.

I turn my gaze towards him, chuckling softly at his confused expression.

"-him." Louis finishes his sentence. I laugh harder, nodding.

"Yeah, he makes me really happy." I whisper, not breaking my gaze on Niall, who now looks like a deer caught in headlights, wondering whether he should leave or not.

"I can tell." Louis says. "Anyway, you two have fun. Liam and I will be over at Zayn's room for a bit, and then we'll be back yeah?" He says, standing from the chair. I nod, giving him a small smile.

"And take care of those." He points to my bruises. I nod. He gives me a last smile, before turning to walk off. He passes Niall, and Niall eyes him suspiciously, only causing Louis to chuckle softly in amusement.

"He's all yours mate." Louis says softly to Niall, which, I managed to catch.

"Yeah, he better be." Niall mutters once Louis leaves the room.

Niall turns his attention back to me, before making his way to me, crawling up beside me on the bed.

"Well, that was rather awkward."

»»»

Niall and I are now aimlessly lying on my hospital bed, with his arm casually wrapped around me rather protectively as I lay on his chest. It's nearing twelve midnight now, and he somehow, managed to convince Dr Miller, just like every other night, to let him stay over. I've constantly been asking him to just head home to rest since it'll be much more comfortable for him, but we all know, Niall's as stubborn as a donkey. I really appreciate the sweet thought and gesture though.

"Harry?" Niall hums, just as I was on the verge of falling asleep.

"Yeah, love?" I ask, my voice laced with tiredness. Niall tilts his body to lie on his side, turning to face me.

"You know, sometimes I look at you and I wonder I got to be so damn lucky." He murmurs and a smile creeps onto my lips.

"I'm really lucky to have you too, cheesy git." I whisper, tilting my head up to look at him better. He breathes out a breathy laugh, before he hooks a finger under my chin, tilts my head up slightly and flutters his eyes close before pressing our lips together gently.

And just like always, it's an amazing, amazing feeling. It was warm, comforting, spine-tingling, and simply obliterating every thought and worry. I savour the feeling of his lips on mine, both our breaths quickening.

He slowly breaks the kiss once the both us of were starting to run out of air. He flutters his closed eyes back open, and they're, how they always are, absolutely fucking bright and beautiful. It isn't just the colour of his eyes that are so breathtaking, it was what was inside them.

"Har, I really fucking love you." My breath gets caught in my throat at his words, my heart pounding a mile a minute.

"I love you too, Ni." I barely whisper. He smiles widely, before brushing our noses together. I smile contently, nuzzling my head back on his chest to make myself comfortable. I pull him impossibly closer, gently closing my eyes with a smile on my face as I finally let my tiredness take over.

And that's the best feeling in the world. To watch things finally fall back into place after watching them be apart for so long.

----

this book is slowly starting to come to an end and I'm so sad but so happy at the same time omg :(

I think I'll be ending it on chap 53 plus an epilogue :)

I can't say this enough, I'm so thankful for all your kind words and support :) xx even the most random comments make my day, I swear!! xxxxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 3.7K 48
Niall moves and is ready to settle down with his lovely boyfriend when he finds out his past has come back to bite him in the ass. Hiii sorry about...
15.5K 290 15
just some fluff & smut one shots of narry storan. (niall horan + harry styles) || credit goes to rightful owners ||
300K 7.5K 37
** Currently editing (May 2020) ** "Who doesn't dream about it? Meeting your favourite band? Well, I do! But, there's a slight problem. I am socially...
14.2K 542 24
"I wish I didn't make the mistakes I made, I wish I could hide from my dad forever, but I can't and ill always have to deal with the abuse" Or the on...