Love Rush (LarssonSiblingSeri...

By HTEllis

BOOK FOUR. DUE FOR MAJOR EDIT Levi Larsson is keeping a secret from his family. The late nights and early m... More

BOOK FOUR!
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY*
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
Updates
CHAPTER THIRTY*
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
Giveaway #1
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE*
Giveaway #2
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
Pssst...guess who's next to fall in love?

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

8K 505 51
By HTEllis

Tilly

Call me! Something's kicking off in your flat with the landlord!

I stare down at the text message from my next door neighbour feeling the cold wind blowing over my face and exposed arms. The landlord showed up unannounced? I've never known that to happen, always getting twenty-four-hours notice. I don't waste time standing around for long, my heels clipping against the path as I rush to catch a taxi from Main Street.

I don't talk to the driver, my mind too preoccupied with my current living situation. If they throw me out, I have nowhere to go. I'm out on the streets. When the car pulls up a few spaces down from the complex, I throw the money at the driver and sprint towards the entrance.

I bounce on the bridge of my feet, taking the stairs two at a time. My flat door is wide open when I reach the hallway, the stench of weed coming from my home.

"Jonas?" I shout, storming into the room, seeing the absolute devastation.

There's a woman laid on the sofa, completely out of her face, and two guys sit spaced out on the floor next to the old wood coffee table.

I repeat Jonas's name, searching the flat with angry footsteps. I can't find him anywhere.

I stop near the kitchen, seeing a guy sleeping on the floor. My foot nudges his knee, his eyes slipping open. I grit. "Get out of my home."

He mumbles something I don't understand and turns over.

"Oi," I shout, kneeling down on the floor. "I said get out."

Pain shoots down my backside when he pushes me hard, my back smacking the hardwood floor. "Fuck off," he says.

Worry creeps it's way into me when I realise that I'm outnumbered.

There's a knock on the door, followed by a voice I don't want to hear right now. At least, until the lowlife decides to go.

"This is unacceptable, Miss McQueen," Rodger, the landlord says, coming into the room.

"I know it is. I'm sorry. It's gotten out of hand. My uncle asked for somewhere to stay and I stupidly didn't stand my ground and say no."

"I have seven people on the waiting list for accommodations. You're lucky to have this place," he snaps, picking up the empty pizza boxes from the floor.

I rush to take them out of his hands. "I'm aware of that, Sir. I'd never willingly ruin that."

"Look at it in here," he says, looking around with a wild gaze. "It's disgustingly dirty."

I can't deny it.

They've trashed my pride and joy.

"I have no words," I say.

Rodger marches up to the people congregating in the living room and points a finger at them. "Out now before the police get here."

They let out a string of moans when they stumble to their feet. The girl is picking up the sleeping bags and coats from the floor, and I glance around, not seeing Jonas anywhere until I hear a bang from the bathroom. The door opens and out steps my uncle, arm around another woman who looks like she can barely stand up.

Did I ever look like that?

I pull out my phone to call an ambulance. There's no knowing what substance just entered her body or how it's going to affect her.

It seems Rodger beat me to it when his voice carries down the hallway. Stopping in my tracks, I see I have three missed calls from Levi and a worried message asking where I am.

Not wanting to drag him into my mess, I send out a quick message telling him that my roommate called to say she wasn't feeling so good and I came back to check on her. I apologise for leaving so suddenly and tell him to thank his family for inviting me.

Rodger glances my way. "An ambulance is coming. We need to keep the girl here."

I nod, not knowing what to say. Sure, I've blown it with him. "Okay."

The girl we called an ambulance for is now sleeping on the sofa. I walk over to her and reach for the blanket sat on the floor to cover her shaking body. I'll bet she's freezing. When I get closer, I see how young she looks. Twenty-seven at most. And, this is her life?

"So cold," she slurs, eyes rolling closed.

I pat her shoulder. "Help is on its way. I'll keep you safe."

The whites of her eyes are starting to yellow when she opens them to look at me. "Thank you," she whispers.

My lips turn up, so I smile softly. It's all I can manage. "It's okay. Try to sleep it off."

I find myself wondering about her situation. Does she have a family? A home? Friends? Genuine people, who care about whether you live to see another day. Loyalty isn't something you get when you're homeless. Especially, because addiction is the only way for a lot of vulnerable people to cope with the stress of the streets. Everyone is out to get their next fix. Not to help you.

"I'm going to flag the ambulance down," Rodger says, aiming for the front door.

My fingers go straight into my mouth in a nervous habit, teeth bearing down on the sensitive skin near my nails. I don't know what I'll do if this house gets taken away from me. I'll be back to square one. Back in the dark hole. The pit of my stomach aches with dread. The unknown showing it's ugly head.

"What's your name?"

I jump out of my thoughts and stare down at the girl on the sofa, who's watching me with a washed out gaze. "Tilly," I whisper, "and, you?"

"Mia," she says, rolling her lips.

I smile, hearing several heavy footsteps approaching. "That's a pretty name."

The paramedics crash into the room as her eyes close again. I step back to let them do their job, watching them rush around Mia, checking her blood pressure and asking questions. When the word antidote is mentioned; I know it's serious. Overdose the likely cause.

Jonas stumbles past me, and I reach out to stop him from moving. "What the fuck did you give to Mia?"

He shoves me away. "Nothing."

"Nothing?" I raise my voice and then lower it a fraction when the paramedic looks over. "The poor girl is almost comatose. You're one destructive, selfish man. Just because your life has gone to shit, it doesn't mean that you have to drag everyone else down with you."

"Excuse me-"

"No," I cut him off on a long hiss. "Well done, Jonas. You've succeeded in ruining one more person's life. Mine, too! I'm going to lose my home because of you. You promised me visitation rights to Annabelle which was obviously another of your evil lies. I hope you're happy with yourself. Now get the hell out of my face. Forever!"

Levi

The night is winding to a close. Betty is now lounging on the leather sofas in the Number One pub, Finn curled up next to her. They're so loved up it's almost sickening. Edward and Delilah left a while ago, using the excuse of Beau, even though it was the plan for him to stay the night with Delilah's best friend, Poppy.

They were missing him which is understandable, and Edward has a bad case of Dad anxiety when he's not within touching distance of his son.

"Heard back from Tilly yet?" Laine asks, plopping down on the seat next to me.

I text her a few times to check up on her and her neighbour, but with no response. If we still want to stay at the cabin this weekend, we'll have to make headway soon. I don't want to be driving into the countryside too late.

"No, I figure she's occupied by her friend. I'll go swing by her place in a minute," I reply.

Laine takes a sip of her soda and lime. "I don't suppose you could drop me off at home first, could you? I'm zonked out."

Betty speaks up, stroking Finn's hand absently. "How's college going?"

"Good. Hard work, but good," Laine says.

"Is that why you're tired? It's not stressing you out is it?"

Laine sighs. "To be honest, College is the only bit of relief I get. Trevor's still gone walkabout and is refusing to speak to me. He'll only speak to his mum, but not tell her where he is or when he's coming back."

Betty flares her nostrils. "You're better without him."

There's still so much unspoken word about the Betty, Laine and Trevor hate triangle. I'm lost with it all.

"Oh, believe me, I know I am. But, it's George I feel sorry for. It's not his fault that his dad is a selfish arsehole. And, there's only so many times I can distract him when he's asking for dada. I'm running out of ideas on what to do."

Betty extends her hand out to our sister. "Oh, Laine."

Laine wraps her fingers around Betty's palm and something I can't quite decipher passes between them. It must be a twin thing. "It's fine. I'm fine, Bumble Bee."

"No," Betty lowers her voice. "You're far from okay."

I frown, feeling like I missed something. "What's going on? Laine? You all right?"

They both turn to me, eyes wide.

Laine pipes up. "Everything is as it should be. I'm tired. That's all."

"Ah, Okay then," I say, not quite believing her because she always blinks three times when she's lying.

I down the last of my water, slamming the glass on the table. "Have you told mama about the wedding yet?" that question was aimed at Finn more than Betty.

He clears his throat. "Er, no. We're taking your parents out for a meal tomorrow and letting them know the happy news."

"Good luck," I respond.

Finn blows out a breath. "I'll fucking need it. Your dad will probably hire a hit man to take me out."

I snort while the girls giggle. "Our dad's not violent. Mama on the other hand..."

"Not helping, Lee," Betty says, wrapping her arm around Finn's shoulder and kissing his temple.

I check the time and decide to make tracks to Tilly. I ask Laine, "You ready for home?"

She's up and putting her coat on in an instant. "Yep."

My suede jacket keeps me warm when we head towards the car, the leather seats making it seem colder. Betty and Finn decided to stay a while longer after some fans from the gig wanted to stay and chat.

"I bought my first Christmas present for George today," Laine says, fiddling with the car radio.

"You did? You're organised this year."

Like me, Laine is very last minute.

She chooses to play the CD instead, and Rudimental pumps from the speakers. "I have to be, or he wouldn't get any presents. It's crazy how expensive kids toys are these days. And, they sell out super quick."

"I can imagine."

"I have the money, but I resent paying the prices. It's ridiculous," she shakes her head.

I pass over my mobile. "Can you let Tilly know that I'll be over soon. And, ask her if she wants to go to the cabin."

"Password?"

"1991."

Laine taps away on my phone and then stops to look at me. "Shall I put a kiss at the end?"

I shrug, not seeing the problem with it. "Sure. I usually put two."

I can see her smiling from the corner of my eye.

"What?" I say.

"Nothing," she puts her attention back on the phone. "Sent it. Do you want me to wait for her text?"

I nod, turning off the junction heading towards the private estates. "Sure, but read it to me before you text back."

"Will do. Oh, Lee, you have to listen to this song. Wait, one sec...let me get it up on YouTube," she says before I realise that I didn't click out of the last webpage.

I reach over. "Don't look at it."

It's too late.

Laine reads the words. "How to give your girl the Big O with your tongue."

I want to die.

She starts to giggle until they turn into loud cackles. "Oh, Christ. I'm sorry, Lee. That's private."

"You didn't have to read it out loud," I respond, thinking of ways to escape. Tuck and roll maybe?

"I'm sorry. It was just there in front of me. I didn't think."

I calm when I see the gates of our house. "Let's forget it ever happened."

My phone pings when I drive down our cobbled driveway. Laine lets me know, "Tilly still wants to go to the cabin. Says she's looking forward to it."

My embarrassment calms with excitement. "Great stuff."

I stop outside the entrance and unlock the doors. "Enjoy your weekend. I'll see you on Monday."

Laine leans over and plants a big kiss on my cheek. "You too. Be safe."

I nudge her away. "Yeah, yeah."

Once Laine is inside the house, I start to drive back down the driveway and out on to the road, almost choking on my spit at the sight of the bags surrounding Tilly when I reach her flat complex.

The window slides down so she can hear me when I joke. "Are you moving out?"

...

Hello, my loves,

I want to start by thanking you all for showing me such kindness over this past week. It's meant a lot, and I'll never be able to thank you enough.

I haven't had the chance to edit this chapter, but I wanted to start writing again for fear that I never would.

Would it be okay with you guys if I stuck to a schedule of updating two times a week until I'm feeling more creative?

I will eventually go back to my four times a week updates. I promise.

Lastly, would anyone be interested in winning some Larsson Sibling merchandise?

Lots of love ❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 30K 46
BOOK THREE. DUE FOR MAJOR EDIT For the last year, Betty Larsson has been trying to rebuild her shattered confidence, promising herself that she would...
7.9K 98 14
book delays are likely and i do apologise!! Disclaimer: Please read all Trigger Warnings before beginning the book - I would appreciate it if haters...
167K 6.4K 101
Norberto Fritz is 34 & a renowned but eccentric painter. Melanie Griffin is 19 & a girl in desperate need of a job. When she is approached by the pai...
506 100 19
Before starting to read this, you should read the first book here https://www.wattpad.com/story/288765478-chance-to-love «I'm so tired, Jimin. I onl...