Wi-Fi ✔

By blackxbelle

Tade laughed freely, unaware of the fact that that was the first time he had done so in a long time. "Okay so... More

Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi (1)
Wi-Fi (2)
Wi-Fi (3)
Wi-Fi (4)
Wi-Fi (5)
Wi-Fi (6)
Amenze
Tade
Wi-Fi (7)
Wi-Fi (8)
Wi-Fi (9)
Wi-Fi (10)
Wi-Fi (11)
Wi-Fi (12)
Wi-Fi (14)
Wi-Fi (15)
Wi-Fi (16)
Wi-Fi (17)
Wi-Fi (18)
Wi-Fi (19)
Wi-Fi (20)
Wi-Fi (Epilogue)
new book!
Rankings as at 10/05/2018
Nigerian Writers Awards (Voting!)
Surprise Surprise!
I'm on Insta!

Wi-Fi (13)

2.4K 496 44
By blackxbelle

Song of the chapter: Sugar by Maroon 5

...

Tade was feeling on top of the world.

Why?

Because he was getting himself a new laptop.

But why would he be so elated just because of one laptop?

Easy. He was buying it with his own money.

"People are looking at you weird. Stop smiling." Mfon whispered harshly, eyeing him. Mfon and Michael, or M and Ms, as he had decided to call them; came with him.

"Why are you guys here sef? Don't you have jobs?" He rolled his eyes. "If we weren't here, no one would drive you." Michael pointed out.

"Or push you around." Mfon added.

"Dude. You're supposed to be on my side." Tade whined, looking at Michael.

"Sorry man. You're not the one that sleeps with her at night. Every man for himself." Michael shrugged, and went over to the headphones aisle, muttering something like Tade getting him in trouble with his babe.

"I don't think people are looking at me because I'm smiling." Tade said, gesturing to his legs.

Mfon chose to ignore him.

"So how does it feel to spend your own money after almost a year?" Mfon asked.

"I've been spending the little money left from my company before." Tade narrowed his eyes.

"Well you've been spending Simon Bello's money. Not Tade Bello." Mfon corrected. "It feels good, and I need a new laptop anyways." Tade shrugged.

He was still thinking about the lead Mfon told him about the previous day. He was excited that the case was moving forward, but at the same time, he was scared.

What if he doesn't win?

...

"So what's your lead?" Tade  had asked, ignoring the nervousness in his stomach.

"So, remember when you said that when you woke up, the lawyers told you that you had only about fifty kay left - which you wasted on booze- and that the rest of the money was spent on covering wages and other costs of the company?" Mfon asked.

"Yes. And I was so sure that I was supposed to have more left, and I was insured, but the police refused to investigate and no one would talk to me. I just had to let it drop sha." Tade replied.

"So I checked the financial records of your company before its demise. You were very rich sha oh! How come you never bought stuff for me sef?" Mfon gave him a pointed look.

"I bought you a house." Tade pointed out, narrowing his eyes at her. "Two in fact. And that yatch you said you wanted. Remember what you said that day? 'I'm your best friend. I'm entitled to fifty percent of your money.'" He reminded her, raising his voice as he tried to mimick her.

She gasped, folding her arms against her chest. "That's not what I sound like!"

"That's not what I sound like!"

"Tade. Stop it now."

"I'm surrounded by children." Michael muttered.

"Now back to the lead; I found out that the money used to cover the costs was only about one fifth of what you had in your company account. And insurance paid you too. But you didn't get any of the money." Mfon pointed at him.

"You think?" Tade replied, gritting his teeth in anger.

"Okay so you had about seven point six billion naira in your company account, plus the money from insurance which made it almost ten billion naira-."

"Are you saying million or billion?" Michael cut in.

"Billion. Now-." Mfon replied.

"I swear it sounds like you're saying billion." Michael cut in again.

"That's because I am saying billion. With a b!" Mfon snapped, clearly hating the interruptions.

"Wow. Dude, you were rich." Michael commented.

"And he can be rich again, if you'll just let me finish!" Mfon glared at him and he raised his hands in surrender. Tade just fumed quietly beside him.

"So, I checked Manny and Olamide's bank records, since they are our main suspects, and I found out that the day after the big accident, Manny got seven billion transferred into his account, and Olamide got two point five into hers. So the remaining zero point five would go to the minor workers, like the people employed to smash your car and all. You with me?" Mfon paused, watching him warily.

"Yes, go on." He replied quietly.

"So if you put the bits and pieces together, it's quite obvious that they both planned against you. We all know Manny, grew up in a typical rich home, blew all the money he got from his father's will, no one in his family wanted to help him, and he became Tade's head of accounts. He was also our close friend in high school. Olamide was Tade's annoying girlfriend, or fiancee? Doesn't matter, she was annoying anyway. Any questions?"

"I love it when she goes into police mode." Michael muttered to Tade, a wide smile on his face. "It's so sexy!"

Choosing ignore Michael's comment, Tade turned to Mfon. "What next?"

"Well their alibis are very tight, but I can work around it. One more thing though, remember the big unveiling?" Mfon asked, and Tade nodded his head in understanding while Michael just furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah. It was supposed to be day after the accident." Tade replied. "A software I had single-handedly designed. According to my strategic and advisory team, that project, if released into the international market, would be worth billions of naira. Not only would it make me richer, it was also supposed to open doors for more international contracts thereby taking me to the top." Tade explained dreamily.

"Yes. You remember." Mfon replied while Michael nodded in understanding.

"What about it?" Tade suddenly asked.

"Manny's company announced that they'll be launching it in a month." Mfon said, avoiding Tade's gaze.

Instead of shouting curses and threats as they expected, Tade relaxed into his wheelchair with a sour look on his face. "If someone told me, over a year ago, that Manny is a lying, thieving bastard, I would have laughed in their faces, and then called security on the person."

"So." Mfon continued, after a moment of tense silence. "I'll need you to find proof, any proof at all, that that project belong to you."

"I never even told any one about it. My team was told that I was testing a theory. No one knew about that project. How did he find out?" Tade spoke up.

"That's what I'm working on.  In the mean time, help out by looking for proof. I've already opened your case and your court hearing would be held soon." Mfon grinned.

"Oh my God, you're amazing! Thank you so much. Oh God, Manny ati Olamide, won ti daran!" He exclaimed, smiling at her in appreciation.

"Ohh he's speaking Yoruba. They're in big trouble." Mfon teased. "And he said I'm amazing. Babe, did you get that on recording?"

"Yup. Every word." Michael nodded, smiling mischievously.

Tade looked at them and shook his head. "You both deserve each other."

"So when is the first hearing?" Michael asked.

"Two and a half weeks from now."

...

"Well, have you got your laptop, let's pay and be going abeg. I'm tired, I want to sleep eh." Mfon announced, pushing Tade to the cashier without waiting for his answer.

"I don't know why you ask when you're going to do as you wish anyway." Tade grumbled, allowing himself to be pushed around.

Literally.

"Well I'm in charge. Michael! Let's go." She ordered, causing other people to look at them.

"Yet she's wondering why people are staring at us weirdly." Tade muttered, and Michael snickered.

Tade couldn't help but wish the that two and a half weeks could fly by so that the trial would start.

He was already having amazing dreams about Manny being a gate man and Olamide,  a house girl while he was rich and famous living with his wife, Amenze.

He stopped his thoughts.

Amenze?

...

Tade: How are you feeling now?

Amenze: Great, I'm discharged, back to work, and living with a friend.

Tade: Thank God. I don't know what I would've done if I lost you.

He had been more explicit with his feelings since the two weeks that she had been at the hospital. Two weeks later, their bond was stronger and it was just a  few days to his trial.

Amenze: Well you didn't. Stop talking about it.

Tade: Right, sorry. I hope you're not being stressed at work? Or else, I'll come over and give your boss a piece of my mind.

Amenze: Lol! You always make me laugh, even on the worst days.

Amenze: She's not stressing me, she's being very understanding.

Tade: Great.

Amenze: Tade?

Tade: Yeah?

Amenze: So would you like to video chat?

He felt his blood drain from his face as his hand trembled.

Video chat?

How was he supposed to hide the wheelchair?

...

Uh-oh. What's Tade going to do? Come clean? Or find a way around it?

I hope you guys understand every thing Mfon explained about the lead

Don't worry, I have more Tade and Amenze moments coming up 😉💕

Remember, this book isn't only about their love story, it's also about Tade's journey back to the top.

The Yoruba sentence spoken means 'Manny and Olamide, they are in trouble!'

So how was this chapter?

Now I'm going back to sleep, it's too early...

Wait, I almost forgot.

Question of the chapter: who's your favorite character in Wi-Fi so far?

Answer: 👀 aw you guys know I can't pick one. Picking a favorite character is like a mother  picking a favorite child.

And also, Wi-Fi now has over a thousand reads and over two hundred votes.

Thank you so much guys 💕💕😊

Advice, suggestions, criticism, they are welcome. Let me know what I'm doing wrong or right.

Don't forget to:

Vote - You! Don't leave here without pressing that star button 😉

Comment - Let me know what you think. I'm a writer in training.

Follow - i'll follow back. I promise

Share - tell your friends and tell them to tell their friends.

Keep on being amazing my little mi-fi's

- Timi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

878 257 18
!!NO SMUT, NO SMUT!! Ini never imagined in her entire life that she would ever go on a blind date with a billionaire but she did. Yes, she did went o...
34.2K 2.4K 81
"Don't get attracted to what you see, unless you wanna get burnt." He smirked, pinning his gaze on me. "What do you mean?" "Expect nothing from thi...
22.4K 4K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
19.6K 5.2K 37
"Can I help you ma?" He asked. His voice was scratchy and low and his tone rang out as sarcastic. "What do you mean by 'Can I help you ma?'" she aske...