Red Eyes are Dangerous ~ A De...

By allegiaant

Mackenzie Low is the 19 year old cousin of Stiles Stilinski. And after 6 years away from Beacon Hills she's f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Season 2!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Season 3a
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 ~ Season 3b
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 ~ Season 4
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
5 months later...
Epilogue

Chapter 37

698 14 0
By allegiaant

Derek's POV

I'm lying in bed wide awake, listening to the rain pound on the window. Mackenzie's asleep in my arms. She's disappointed in herself for killing someone, that's something she never wanted to do. Thunder cracks outside, Mackenzie doesn't even flinch. Suddenly the loft's alarm goes off. I sit up and see Mackenzie sit up quickly. 

"Kenz." I say to her. 

I get out of bed and take the gun from the table next to my bed. I hear Kenzie get out of bed and turn to see her in one of my shirts. I scan the loft holding my gun out. Mackenzie does the same with her claws outgrown. I turn to her and she jerks her head towards the door. I slowly walk towards it with her close behind me. She gestures for me to open it. I slide the door open and Kenzie stands near it ready to attack. I move next to her and lift my gun only to see a soaked Lydia. She looks up and screams.

Mackenzie's POV

Derek, who's sitting on the couch in the loft, slides the red bag filled with the money back towards the standing Scott. I'm sitting on the chair next to the desk, watching them carefully. 

"Okay." Derek simply states. 

"Don't you want to know why I took so long to return it?" Scott asks completely dumbfounded. 

"How much do you make at the animal clinic?" Derek questions Scott. 

"Minimum wage." Scott answers. 

"That's why. Everyone can be tempted Scott. Even a True Alpha." 

"You're not angry?" Scott questions. 

"It's not even mine. It belongs to Peter." 

"Where's your money?" Scott asks him. 

Derek stretches his hand out and says, 

"You're standing on it." 

Scott looks down, 

"There's another vault!?" He asks excitedly. 

Derek laughs. 

"I own the building. And I have my own bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's. I actually think we'll be better off if the rest never came back." 

He reaches forwards and takes the bag and zips it up. There is silence as he looks up to Scott and notices the look on his face, as do I. 

"I know Lydia was here last night." 

I stand up and slide the chair back and walk to the window looking out it. I sense them both looking at me but I brush them off. I look down to my stomach, and rub my hand in a circle around the baby. 

"Deaton's still working on figuring out what Kate did to you. And if anyone can find answers it's him." Scott continues. 

"I hope you're right." Derek says.

-----------------

Derek and I are in my room back at my uncle's house. I wanted to be alone, but Derek being Derek, followed me here. 

"How come you wanted to be alone?" Derek asks me from his spot on my bed. 

I push some of my hair behind my ear. 

"To think about things." 

I walk to my desk and run my fingers over a diary that's sitting on it. I look into the mirror. It's still broken from the time I smashed it when Derek and I broke up for the first time. 

"Like what?" 

"My uncle's money problems. He's in debt for Eichen and the MRI. When we went to Eichen to talk to Meredith. The guard said something to Stiles that I didn't think about. My uncle's getting blackmailed into paying the bills." 

"I can..." He starts. 

I shake my head. 

"No. That's why I didn't want to tell you. Cause I knew you'd want to help. And that's why my uncle hasn't told me. Cause he knew that if I found out I'd tell you and if you found out, you'd want to help. He doesn't want to put me or you in that position. I don't even know if he's going to tell me." 

"Then how'd you find out?" 

"My uncle tends to put all the bills in the one drawer. And he and Stiles tend to forget that I still live here in a way, and they also forget I have supernatural hearing abilities." 

Derek nods and I decide to add, 

"If worst did come to worse, I'd ask you for help. But it hasn't and it never will." 

"What else are you thinking about?" 

I sigh. 

"You. Lydia's a banshee, remember what they do? They predict death. Your name broke a third of the list and then last night's visit made it clear. I'm worried for your life. You're dying. You're dying because of what Kate's done to you. And I'm pregnant with your daughter. A daughter you probably won't get to meet!" 

I turn around. He reaches his arm out and takes my hand, I walk in front of him I look down at him and he looks up at me. He takes my arm and rolls up my sleeve revealing the mark. 

"See this?" 

I nod, 

"When I gave you this, I made a promise that I'll be there for as long as possible." 

He places his hands on my waist and kisses my stomach. I gently run my fingers through his hair. 

"We'll fight through this. I won't go down without a fight. You know that." 

I nod. 

"I know, it's just that I'm letting Kate get to me." I smile, 

"And by the way, I'm gonna go to the lacrosse game. You're coming with me." 

He goes to protest, 

"That wasn't a request. That was an order." 

"Are you sure you're not related to Rafael?" 

I smile, 

"That did sound like him didn't it?" 

"Yeah."

--------

I walk down the hall towards the boy's changing room, it may sound weird, but I want to see if Scott and Kira turned up, if not, I'll have to look out for Scott's Beta. I see Coach. 

"Ummm... I recognise you. What's your name?" 

"Coach you taught me for about two years. I was the first girl on the basketball team." 

"Low! Mackenzie Low!" 

I nod. 

"Yup." 

"Not to be rude or anything but what're you doing here?" 

"Well. See that one?" I ask, pointing to Stiles. 

"Yeah." 

"He's my cousin." 

Coach looks between Stiles and I. 

"I see no resemblance." 

"No one does." 

He nods and walks in with me following. I go over to Stiles and Liam. 

"We're playing Devonford Prep again and this time it's an actual game. H-he shouldn't be late." Liam worries aloud. 

"Who shouldn't be late?" Coach asks from behind Stiles. 

Liam looks down while Stiles and I look at each other. 

"Scott and Kira." 

"Might be a little late." Stiles adds. 

"Slightly late is still late. What are they doing?" Coach asks. 

"They're... doing something that's going to make them slightly late." 

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?" 

Liam, Stiles and I share a look. 

"Oh Coach." Stiles says. 

"Coach. They're two hormonal 17 year olds. What do you think they're doing?" I finally exclaim. 

Coach looks at me, then must realise what I'm hinting at. He walks away muttering something along the lines of, 

"I hope they use protection."

------------

I sit down on the bench next to Liam and Stiles. 

"Still not here." Liam says. 

"Are you nervous about the full moon? It's not for another twenty-four hours." Stiles says. 

Liam looks up at the moon and I can smell the tension. 

"Liam, you're gonna be fine. I promise." I reassure him. 

"You guys aren't worried?" he questions, 

"We're mildly concerned. Mildly." Stiles says. 

I watch him text Scott, 

'How late are you going to be? Very worried. Very.' 

I hit Stiles on the back of the head. 

"We're going to lose without him." Liam says. 

"No we're not. We're just as good without Scott. I've been practicing and let me tell you something, I've been getting good. Really good." 

"I hope your right about that. The team will lose if you're not." 

I place my hand on his shoulder as I stand up. 

"Good luck. And Liam. Don't worry about shifting on the field, I'm there to help if you do. Don't think about the full moon, just focus on the game." 

I walk over to sit down next to Derek.

--------------

Yeah, remember when Stiles said he's been getting really good? Yeah he meant he's been getting worse than before. I watch through my fingers, as he lands on the ground again. I look to him from where I'm sat and he whispers. 

"I'm gonna call Scott again." 

I nod. He runs off. Devonford prep score and Coach slams his clip board on the floor and yells in frustration.

------------

I'm sat between Malia and Derek watching the game and keeping a close eye on Liam. Stiles runs over to us. 

"Scott's not answering. I'm gonna head to the loft." 

"I'll come with you." Derek says as my uncle nods in agreement.

I look at Malia and then look to Derek. 

"Do you want us to stay, in case he shows?" Malia asks.

"Yeah."

--------------

Brett misses the face off giving Beacon Hills the ball. A player from our team runs towards the goal only for the ball to be stolen by a Devonford player. I move to the sub bench so I can keep a closer eye on Brett as well as Liam. Liam is stood completely frozen, I can smell the fear on him, it's pungent. Brett makes another shot giving Devonford 5 to 1. Liam gets passed the ball and runs then gets taken down by Brett. I run out and crouch down by them. 

"What the hell did you do that for?" Liam exclaims. 

"Cause you're afraid. I can smell it on you from the other side of the field." Brett answers. 

"He's right. You need to focus on at least acting like you're not terrified." I add. 

"Are you hurt?" Brett asks, 

"No." 

"Are you still alive?" 

"Obviously." 

"Then get up." 

Liam stands up as the ref runs over to us. 

"You good to play?" 

Liam nods. 

"Plan on pulling something like that again?" He asks Brett. 

"If I have to." Brett says, looking at us and smirking. He winks at me and then runs off. 

"Liam, everything will be fine." 

"I hope so."

----------------

After the game finishes I leave the field. I go to the car park and see Derek. I walk over to him. 

"Hey." 

He looks up and has a worried expression, 

"Hey." 

"What's happened?" 

"Kate, she's taken Scott and Kira." Great!                                            

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lovelies!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I think I'm going to update over the next few days. I'm so close to finishing this book.

~Megan 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 216 22
"I don't like you Derek Hale!" I tried to sound convincing, of course he could hear my heart beating. "I don't like you either. You're a baby, and yo...
22.5K 699 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...
19K 833 17
After Scott's pack defeated Void Stiles, they thought they had gotten rid of him for good. But when Stiles finds himself fighting a battle he can't w...
293K 6.3K 54
"Are you ready, bonked nose?" He asks and I scoff. "I guess, sexy pants." I say smiling. **** Nia Stilinski moves back home to help her father who is...