Agent S

By pumpkinofmyeye

♠Many people knew him, but only a few knew who he really was.♠ -Yoongi was just doing his job, but he's now... More

Prologue
- 01 -
- 02 -
- 03 -
- 04 -
- 05 -
- 06 -
- 07 -
- 08 -
- 09 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
- 30 -
- 31 -
- 32 -
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
- 40 -
- 41 -
- 42 -
- 43 -
- 44 -
- 45 -
- 46 -
- 47 -
- 48 -
- 49 -
- 50 -
- 51 -
- 52 -
- 53 -
- 54 -
- 55 -
- 56 -
- 57 -
- 58 -
- 59 -
- 61 -
- 62 -
- 63 -
- 64 -
- 65 -
- 66 -
- 67 -
- 68 -
- 69 -
- 70 -
- 71 -
- 72 -
- 73 -
- 74 -
- 75 -
- 76 -
- 77 -
- 78 -
- Epilogue Pt 01 -
Please Read!
- Epilogue Pt 02 -
- Bonus Chapter: The Golden Trio -

- 60 -

13.6K 1K 488
By pumpkinofmyeye

"It's them. They just sent us information on where they were keeping Tae. They said we can get Tae in exchange of the Data."

At this, Jungkook's head suddenly snapped up. His eyes widened and he hurried to stand, grabbing Yoongi's arm in desparation. "W-Where is Tae? We should save him, hyung! We can't let him stay with them for even just a day. T-They're awful people..." And with a tears falling from his eyes, Jungkook continued, "They'll hurt him. They will hurt my Tae Tae."

Yoongi placed his hands on the younger boy's shoulder and squeezed him tightly. He looked straight at Jungkook's imploring eyes. "We will, Jungkook. We will save Taehyung," he said with finality in his voice.

This was his mission. Nobody else should get hurt but him. If needed, he would risk his life to get Taehyung back.

P-please make everything okay.

He remembered Taehyung's words. He had promised him, and he would keep that promise.

Standing up, Yoongi looked at what was remaining of their group. "We'll have to plan this through since this is clearly a trap. Now that they know we've found the-"

Wait.

They knew.

How did that happen? They were not supposed to know that they already found the data.

The only ones who knew were H, P and Jungkook. But the ambush... Judging from what Namjoon just narrated to them, they've already been ambushed even before Yoongi and Jimin was able to reach the van and tell anyone.

So how could they possibly...

Yoongi hastily went to Jimin, his mind turning with so many thoughts. The confused younger boy only frowned as Yoongi began searching his pockets and patting various parts of his body.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi was about to explain to him what he was thinking when he found what he was looking for. Right there, inside Jimin's right jacket pocket, was a small microphone.

It shouldn't be there.

Jimin was already wearing a lapel on his collar so that he could communicate with everyone else if needed. He should not be wearing this one.

"How did it get there?" Jimin asked, voicing out Yoongi's thoughts at that moment.

Yoongi pursed his lips. The small device looked familiar, simply because he was pretty sure Hope owned something like this. Yoongi turned the microphone here and there, his frown getting deeper when he saw the logo of the mic.

It was the same trademark Hope placed on all of his devices. This was definitely Hoseok's.

"Hope, is this yours?" Yoongi asked and Hoseok walked towards him to see the object closer.

His eyes widened as he grabbed the object. "The heck! Yes, this is mine. How did it even get to Jimin's pocket?"

"Maybe you're the one who placed it there," Jungkook inserted, voice full of contempt. Everyone was surprised because no one had ever seen this side of Jungkook.

The unexpected words from the younger made Hoseok's eyes widen and he shook his head furiously. "I did not! I would not be stupid enough to put something that's obviously mine just to get myself blamed."

Jungkook snorted, refusing to listen. It was like the real Jungkook left his body. His eyes gazed at Hoseok as if he had taken everything away from him. And maybe that's really what was in the younger boy's mind right now.

"It's so easy to make excuses like that, hyung."

"Kook!" Jimin finally interjected. "Jin-hyung is right. Blaming anyone would not help. I know that you're worried about Tae right now, but we should focus on saving him and not blaming each other."

At that moment, Yoongi pursed his lips at the situation before him. Jungkook was not really helping, but Yoongi understood his side. There was storm brewing in those eyes and he knew that the younger boy was currently filled with different strong emotions that was choking his state of mind.

Fear. Anger. Confusion.

All of them were experiencing these right now but Yoongi knew that Jungkook and Jimin were feeling worse.

The agent frowned. The situation was already out of their control. It struck Yoongi's mind that there really was a spy among them. No one else could've placed that microphone inside Jimin's pocket.

Looking around, his eyes fell on Hoseok. Yoongi was a keen observer and he had noticed that Hoseok was acting a bit different lately. He was hiding something, Yoongi knew it. Although he was sure that H was not the spy, he still had to know what the boy was hiding.

With narrowed eyes, Yoongi asked Hoseok, "H, you're hiding something, aren't you?"

Hoseok turned to him and sighed heavily. "You, too? Don't tell me all of you now think that I am the spy?"

Yoongi shook his head and flashed a small smile at Hoseok. He realized that his words came out a little harshly without him doing it on purpose. "I know you're not the spy, Hope. But I know you're hiding something."

"I'm not hiding anything," he said again. Yoongi was now wondering what it was about. This was Hoseok, and he didn't keep secrets from them. There must be something about this that made the agent refuse to reveal it.

"Hoseok," Yoongi tried again. "We're a team here. You have to trust us. We can't move forward if someone is hiding something."

For a moment, the only response he got from Hoseok was silence. Yoongi did not give up, though, and continued to stare at the other boy as if staring at him would give the answer to his question.

The other boy finally looked away, defeated. With an unsure voice, he finally confessed.

"Well... Sehee tried to contact me yesterday. B-but that's all!"

"Sehee?" Jin asked with one raised eyebrow.

Hoseok met his stare head on. "Yes, Sehee. Do you have any problem with that?"

Jin closed his eyes, looking like he was about snap. "Hoseok, I understand what you feel towards her but didn't we agree that we should be careful?"

"And having a former enemy with us is being careful?" Hoseok countered, clearly talking about Namjoon.

"Namjoon is clearly not an enemy. He was just forced to do whatever he had done," Jin said in reply, his tone calm but his eyes said otherwise.

"And that's definitely not letting your emotions get in the way of the mission," Hoseok retorted in a sarcastic voice.

Yoongi's head was aching. They were now fighting all because of a spy that he was not able to take care of. There was a spy, and yet Yoongi believed in himself too much to actually realize that it was true.

There was a spy and Yoongi failed to notice it.

"Guys," he finally spoke. "This is enough. We shouldn't be fighting. The enemy now has the upper hand because I was not careful enough and-"

"Yep, nobody was careful enough," Jungkook interrupted. "Hobi-hyung should've been careful around Sehee. We should've been more careful around Namjoon-hyung. Even you, Suga-hyung, you were not careful at all!"

Yoongi pursed his lips but did not say a word. He just let the boy go on, understanding very well the emotions that he must be feeling. It's not easy, Yoongi understood. He himself had already been to a lot of shit in his life that one would think he would no longer get hurt, but he still did. 

How much more for someone as young as Jungkook.

"You should have not let Tae go with Namjoon-hyung! Or we should have not split!" Jungkook was now shouting and Yoongi felt Jimin clutched tightly on his jacket. "The plan was full of shit. Really, what's the use of having an agent with him if he would still be kidnapped. What's the use of these gadgets, huh?" he questioned as he held up his own lapel. He threw it down and Hoseok winced a little at the action. "It did not even work, that's why we did not know they were already being ambushed! Now they've got Tae and I was not even able to do anything about it! This is dumb, so, so dumb."

Jungkook's face was red with all the shouting and streaks of tears were running down his cheeks. He refused to acknowledge these tears, though, and instead, spent the silent that engulfed them with glares and heated panting. 

Yoongi opened his mouth, about to say something, when he heard a soft sobbing just right beside his ears. When he looked to his side, his eyes widened as he was presented with a quietly crying Jimin beside him. 

"Chim..."

Jimin sniffed. "I-I'm so sorry..."

Everyone in the room turned to the crying boy who was half hiding behind Yoongi, clutching the older boy's jacket as if it was his lifeline. "T-This is all my fault. I-If not for me, Tae would not be involved in this. If n-not for me, h-he wouldn't be..."

"Jiminie, please," Yoongi whispered as he turned the boy to faced him. He gathered him in his arms and Jimin immediately buried his head in Yoongi's neck as he sobbed some more. "Jimin, this is not your fault, okay? Stop thinking like that."

Jimin shook his head, and then leaned back to look at Yoongi's face. "But it's my fault, hyung. Tae and Jungkook can't go back to their normal lives because they're in danger. Hobi-hyung, Jin-hyung and Joon-hyung are in danger because they wanted to help. You are in danger. And now...now they've got Taehyung. Because of me, hyung. It's all because of me. A-and I can't even do anything! I feel so useless..."

"Shhh, Jimin," Yoongi tried again, pressing his forehead against Jimin's and wiping away the endless tears. "Please don't blame yourself. This is not your fault..."

"Yeah, hyung. It's not your fault," came Jungkook who was walking towards them in a fast pace. His face who had been glaring before now had a deep frown as he gently held Jimin's shoulder. "I'm...sorry. I didn't meant to..."

Jimin rapidly shook his head. "No, Kook. You had every reason to be mad."

Jungkook pursed his lips, now looking defeated instead of angry. He looked tired, Yoongi could tell. "I was just frustrated..." He then looked around with guilty eyes. "I'm sorry guys. I was just..."

Jungkook sighed.

Then ran his hand through his hair. 

"I honestly don't know what to feel. If it's worth anything, I'm also blaming myself," Jungkook said with the a voice that said he was utterly done with life already.

Yoongi nodded understandingly. "That's alright. You don't have to apologize. Your reaction was completely normal." And then Yoongi raised his head to address the rest of them. "We are all just tired and worried. Maybe there's a spy among us, maybe not. But what we should focus for now is to save Tae and find a way to let Y know that we've found the Data."

Everyone nodded, including Jimin whose sob lessened each passing second. Yoongi held him tightly, reassuring the younger boy.

"If there really is a spy, I'll handle it," Yoongi added.

============ 
The drama...

I again apologize for the delay! I've got a 12-hour shift in work and it's honestly exhausting...but I'm still thankful, of course.

Please be reminded that there are a lot of good Yoonmin AUs roaming around Twitter wild right now. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but Yoonmin ship is actually the most literature-oriented ship in Bangtan (and maybe Kpop even). The last time I checked, Yoonmin had the most stories in AO3 among all Kpop ships, which is the haven of fanfiction. Also in Watty, but I'm not sure for this month. Yoonmin was the only Kpop ship who was able to get to the top 25 in AO3. The top ones were international themes like Drarry from HP and Johnlock from Sherlock H. Proud of this ship <3

God bless ya'll~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 463 12
"I'm nuts, baby I'm mad" "So what if I'm crazy, the best people are"
16K 837 20
"Daddy, Papa, I think there's something wrong with Minie..." A Namkook Fanfic 💜 Started: November 17th, 2020 Status: Ongoing NOTE: I do not own any...
232K 11.6K 80
"This is so cliche," "Is it?" "You're my boss," "Is that wrong?" "I never said that," "I want you, Jimin," "I want you too," or in which Jimin falls...