The Boy Next Door | Yoonmin ✔

By orangexmint

Previously titled "Orange Mint" ________________ Jimin likes poetry, music and a cute boy with mint green hai... More

Acknowledgements
Characters
PART ONE
December 31st / January 1st
January 1st
January 2nd
January 5th
January 7th
January 8th
January 10th
January 15th
January 15th ½
January 17th
January 17th ½
January 21st
January 25th
January 29th
January 31st
PART TWO
February 1st
February 2nd
February 3rd
February 4th
February 5th
February 6th
February 7th
February 8th
February 8th ½
February 8th ²
February 10th
February 13th
February 15th
February 16th
February 18th
February 20th
February 20 ½
February 21st
February 22nd
February 22nd ½
February 25th
February 28th
PART THREE
March 3rd
March 4th
March 5th
March 5th ½
March 6th
March 7th
March 7th ½
March 8th
March 8th ½
March 9th
March 9th ½
March 11th
March 13th
March 15th
March 17th
March 17th ½
March 21st
March 25th
March 26th
PART FOUR
April 1st
April 1st ½
April 1st ²
April 3rd
April 4th
April 8th
April 9th
April 9th ½
April 10th
April 10th ½
April 12th
April 13th
April 15th
April 16th
April 16th ½
April 19th
April 22nd
April 22nd ½
April 25th
April 27th
April 30th
PART FIVE
May 1st
May 2nd
May 3rd
May 4th
May 5th
May 6th
May 6th ½
May 9th
May 9th ½
May 9th ²
May 12th
May 13th
May 13th ½
May 13th ²
May 20th
May 22nd
May 22nd ½
May 23rd
May 24th
May 24th ½
May 25th
May 25th ½
May 27th
May 28th
May 30th
May 30th ½
May 30th ¹
May 31st
PART SIX
June 1st
June 2nd
June 4th
June 6th
June 8th
June 8th ½
June 8th ¹
June 9th
June 10th
June 11th
June 13th
June 13th ½
June 15th
June 17th
June 21st
June 22nd
June 24th
June 25th
June 26th
June 29th
June 29th ½
PART SEVEN
July 1st
July 2nd
July 3rd
July 5th
July 6th
July 6th ½
July 7th
July 8th
July 9th
July 11th
July 13th
July 14th
July 16th
July 18th
July 19th
July 20th
July 22nd
July 22nd ½
July 24th
July 26th
July 27th
July 30th
PART EIGHT
Q & A
August 1st
August 2nd
August 4th
Q & A Answers
August 5th
August 7th
August 8th
August 9th
August 11th
August 12th
August 14th
August 16th
August 16th ½
August 17th
August 17th ½
August 21st
August 24th
August 26th
August 27th
August 28th
August 30th
Author's Note
1M?! + Q & A

February 14th

13.1K 884 433
By orangexmint

4:50 p.m.

Today I'd like to sit and read

Forget I have a job I need

Ignore the things I have to do

And just enjoy a book or two

Jimin exited his apartment feeling anxious and scared. His stomach was filled with butterflies and he too change his shirt three times. The first two he sweat through because of how nervous he was, the last was because he didn't think Yoongi would like his pastel pink sweater.

He wasn't sure what he was going to expect tonight at Yoongi's. He didn't know what to expect with Hobi even though Yoongi explained it to him. He'd never hung out with anyone but Jungkook and Taehyung, and never had he hung out with his crush. Jimin would've died of embarrassment if he did anything like this back in high school.

He slipped into the elevator and tried to regulate his breathing as it went down to the main floor. After exchanging numbers, Yoongi had texted him his apartment address, and told him to just walk in.

The elevator doors opened and Jimin stepped out, moving to the front doors. He pushed them open was immediately met with a gust of frigid cold air. He yelped, and hugged his coat closer to him. Thankfully he didn't have very far to walk.

Jimin practically ran across the parking lot that separated his building from Yoongi's and pulled open the door. He hurried to the elevator.

Yoongi kept glancing at the clock as the hand neared five. Hoseok rolled his eyes from the couch. "Why are you worrying? He'll show up, don't worry."

"What if I scared him away? What if he isn't though?" Yoongi asked. He looked at the clock again.

"Yoongi, you worry too much." Hoseok said. "Especially when it comes to Jimin."

"I just want him to like me."

"He does like you. He agreed to come over didn't he."

The front door to the apartment opened and Jimin's head popped in. "Hi."

"You're here!" Yoongi suddenly forgot all negative thoughts and smiled at him. Yoongi motioned for him t come further into the apartment.

Jimin shut the door behind him, surveying Yoongi's apartment. Jimin instantly took notice of all the white. The walls, the floors. It was overwhelming at first, but with the painting he had hanging on the walls gave the room a pop of colour and balanced everything out. Most of his furniture was black - the couches, his countertops in the kitchen, the legs of the glass coffee table. Jimin's apartment was nothing compared to Yoongi's. His was messy and cluttered. Yoongi's was neat and pristine. Another thing Jimin noticed was the books. Endless books. Jimin was in love with it.

"Jimin, this is Hoseok."

Jimin snapped his head in Yoongi's direction. He took note of the boy sitting on the couch in a bright yellow sweater and black jeans. His smiled at him. "Hi, Jimin!"

"Hello." Jimin gave a small wave. He felt really awkward standing there.

"Sit." Yoongi said, his eyes glancing down at the couch. Jimin shuffled towards the couch opposite to the one Hoseok was sitting on, and sat down. He pulled his feet up and sat crossed legged.

Yoongi flopped down beside him, and passed him a cup of Ramen Noodles. "Hungry?" Jimin nodded and gladly took the food from him.

"Do you like to read?" Jimin asked, glancing up at him. Hoseok snorted from his spot on the couch. "Did I say something funny?" Jimin asked worriedly.

"No." Hoseok responded. "Yoongi doesn't read. Not really at least."

"Then why do you have them?"

"I like the way they look." Yoongi explained. "The colours, the patterns... I really enjoy artwork." Jimin makes an 'o' shape with his mouth in realization.

"That makes sense."

"Yoongi says you read. All the time." Hobi said. "What about?" Jimin blushed and stared at Yoongi.

"Do you tell them everything about me, Hyung?"

Yoongi's heart raced.

"N-No."

"Yes."

Yoongi and Hobi looked at each other. "He says a lot of things," Hobi sighed. "But they're all good things." Hobi smiles lightly.

"Hmm." Jimin says, playfully and Yoongi frowns.

"I promise it's nothing bad!" He tried to explain but Jimin only laughs.

"It's okay Yoongi. I'm only teasing."

Yoongi breath out a sigh of relief.

"And to answer your question, Hoseok, I really like poetry." He smiles.

"Call me Hobi."

Jimin comes to the conclusion that he likes spending time with Yoongi.

He also really enjoys Hobi's company. He's fun, bubbly, loud and Jimin loves it. He was a little strange and did a lot of weird stuff, but Jimin didn't find it annoying like Yoongi did. He was more amused by it all.

They spend a good two hours sitting in Yoongi's living room, pigging out on Ramen. Hobi tried to eat five cups of Ramen noodles in under two minutes. He failed miserably, and got Ramen everywhere. Jimin recalled the time where Jungkook tried to do the same thing in under five minutes. Jungkook accomplished the task before preceding to complain about how much his stomach hurt afterwards.

Jimin was currently curled up on Yoongi's couch, his body resting up against Hoseok who was passed out and snoring loudly. Yoongi had his feet propped up on Jimin's lap, scrolling through his phone.

Jimin glanced over at Yoongi and smiled. "Thanks Hyung."

"Hmm?" Yoongi didn't look up.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For tonight. It was the most fun I've had in a long time." Yoongi smiled at him, softly. "This is the best Valentine's day ever." Yoongi was grateful that it was dark otherwise Jimin would have seen him blushing.

"You're welcome Jimin."

Jimin's phone buzzed in his pocket then, and he dug down in his pocket to find it.

From: TaeTae
Where'd you go Jiminie?

From: Chim
Yoongi Hyung's

From: TaeTae
Who?

From: Chim
For Christ's sake Taehyung I'm next door.

From: TaeTae
Oh 😶

Jimin snorted, shoving his phone back in his pocket. "Who was that?"

"Taehyung." Jimin said. "He and Jungkook must be home, and by home I mean they're at my place. I should get going, it's late anyways." Jimin stood his feet. "Thanks for having me again."

"It's no problem. You're always welcomed here Jimin."

"You're just saying that."

Yoongi stood up as well and followed Jimin to the door. The hallway light was on, illuminating both their faces. Jimin's was warm and soft while Yoongi looked serious and angry with the world. Jimin leaned against the frame. "I'm serious Jimin. If you need anything, come over. And If I'm not home then wait for me." Jimin ducked his head.

"Goodnight Yoongi."

"I'll see you tomorrow, won't I?" Yoongi asked. Jimin glanced up, a small smile etched onto his face.

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Nothing. It's my day off."

"I'll be ready by ten." Jimin said. "Take me to your favourite place. Goodnight Yoongi." Jimin spun around and walked to the elevator. Yoongi turned around and shut his apartment door behind him.

"Yoongi's got himself a date."

"Shut up Hoseok."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

752K 36.1K 131
In which Park Jimin is a popular idol that is sent in a small coffee shop to film a hidden camera, and Min Yoongi is the quiet barista who was asked...
525K 21.6K 30
Taehyung, Jungkook's roommate, is babysitting a little boy for the week and Jungkook is not too happy about that. *CONTAINS LITTLESPACE*
7.9K 522 44
Yoongi Min, a 30-year-old Asian businessman, living in London, meets Jimin Park, his crush at the university. Things change over time and Jimin has c...
283K 13.9K 28
In which Jimin gains a new ability to read minds when he wants. And whenever he is around his co worker, Min Yoongi, all he can hear in his mind are...