When Her Mate Moves Into Town...

By SheLovesHerWords

Lane Connor. Adored by many and rightly so. Kind, at times to a fault, a smile that lights up any room she en... More

When Her Mate Moves Into Town(Authors Note)
When Her Mate Moves Into Town(Intro)
Chapter One- Whispers of Permission. *Edited*
Whispers of Permission- Ryders POV *Edited*
Chapter Two- What history we make in History. *Edited*
Chapter 3-Fourthly, fifthly and...sixthly? *Edited*
Chapter 4- Hope For Maybes *Edited*
Chapter 5- Caution: Chair Will Cause Blushing. *Edited*
Chapter 6- Relief in school. Safe? *Edited*
Chapter 7- Hospitals Gazebos and Hallways. *Edited*
Chapter 8- Holding Pinkies *Edited*
Chapter 9- Reminder: Thank the girl that pushed me over.
Chapter 10- Help. Looking for lost hickey.
Chapter 11- Sweet and Scary
Chapter 12- Ruining people. The good way.
Chapter 13- Tingles as a wakeup call. That's new.
Chapter 14- Next step? Why not?
Chapter 16- We have an announcement. And another. Oh, and another.
Chapter 17- Life is great when things aren't great.
Chapter 18- Beating me at my own game. But hey, I'm a good sport.
Chapter 19- Now, now. Laney knows best.
Chapter 20- Lane meet Leah. The evil side.
Chapter 21- We Do Things Short 'Round Here.
NOT A CHAPTER! PLEASE READ!
Chapter 22- The moments, before the moment of truth.
Chapter 23 - Putting trust to the ultimate test.
Chapter 24 - Love from those just met.
Chapter 25- Ryders POV
Chapter 26 - Two day compromise ends quicker than expected.
Chapter 27 - Ever since you moved into town.
Chapter 28 - Epilogue
Bonus Chapter!
Not a new chapter.

Chapter 15- Can soon come sooner?

17.4K 364 15
By SheLovesHerWords

A/N Here you go loves! Hope you like it! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LC's POV:

As soon as I pull up to the pack house I throw open my door, not even bothering to turn my car off, and run to the back yard.

My heart drops at ruining Carters night but I have to tell Chase what's just happened and quickly. Before Ryder figures out I'm not at his house.

I hear everyone laughing and having a good time and when I finally come into view I see that the party is in full swing.

I look around frantically looking for Chase, B, Ace, ANYONE!

I finally spot Chase and he smells me because his head snaps in my direction. He smiles and starts making his way over to me.

"There you are! Where have you been? We've all been wor-"he starts but I'm guessing he's close enough now to see the state that I'm in because he runs the rest of the way to me and grabs my face in his hands.

"WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" He growls out fiercely. So loud that he can be heard above the music and everyone's attention is now on us.

Someone cuts the music and I can now hear his heavy breathing.

"LC! ANSWER ME DAMNIT! It was Ryder wasn't it?! I can smell him all over you!" He says the last part through gritted teeth.

I'm not going to lie when I say that his tone scares me a little and he notices it.

He takes a few deep breaths and asks in a calmer voice, still holding rage,

"I'm sorry, baby. Please, tell me what happened?" He pleads. Looking over my face and hissing when he sees my cut.

"Ryder," I say and hear more growls. Of course coming from all of my brothers and Riley.

Not wanting to waste any more time I say, "Ryder pulled me over on my way to the party. He said he wanted to apologize so I thought it was for everything that he's done but I come to find out that he was just sorry because last night he had sex with a rogue."

Chases eyes narrowed at the mention of a rogue. Let's just say they are not really the best things to have roaming around a pack.

"I misunderstood him and told him that I forgive him. I then told him that now I can be with you and he can go and find his mate. He got pissed and started talking all this nonsense about how he knew that you all were 'telling me' to say that we're not together anymore and all that. He even threatened you guys." I say looking over at my brothers.

"I know coming here is putting you all in danger but I know that you all would have killed me if you ever found out that I went away with him willingly."

"WENT AWAY WITH HIM?" They all seemed to ask at the same time.

"Oh yeah, he uh..." I trail off not knowing if I should tell them what he did to me.

"LC?" Chase says in a way that tells me if I leave anything out, he won't be happy.

I sigh, "While I tried to get away he pinned me to the car and I called out for you. He slapped me a couple times angry at that..." I could hear my family growling at the fact that he's slapped me. If they only knew that it wasn't the first time. "... and then he started to...uh...he started to..." next thing I know, Chase is pulling me closer to him and wiping away tears that I didn't know were there.

NO! Not now. Suck it up, LC!

I harshly wipe away my tears, shake my head and step away from Chase. He looks at me shocked and a little hurt that I denied his comfort.

"I'm sorry Chase but there's no time for crying. That bastard assaulted me against my car and when I struggled he said that he wasn't planning on claiming me tonight but if I made him anymore angry, he would."

Just then everyone growls. When I say 'everyone', I mean everyone that is at the pack party.

Well, I guess our secrets out.

Everyone looks as if they're about to shift. I can tell they all want to go find Ryder and personally hand his ass over to him. Treating anyone this way, in any community, Were and human, is not right. At all.

"I'm not done. He got called away on his radio. Before he left he told me that I was to drive to his house and meet him there and if I made any stops he wouldn't have a problem hurting me again to make a point. He then said that we were going away tonight. That it was just us two from now on." I finally finish.

I look around and notice that someone is missing. Carter.

I panic and look around trying to find him. Please tell me he didn't go after Ryder on his own. Please.

"Lane. Baby, calm down." Chase says softly trying to get a hold of me.

"No! Where's Carter?!" I yell out to no one in particular.

"He left." Riley says softly.

"WHAT?! WHEN?! Why didn't you stop him?!" I yell.

Riley knowing that I wasn't really mad at her, just scared for Ryder answers,

"He left as soon as you said 'Ryder' and I didn't stop him because I didn't want too. In fact, I'm wondering why we're all still standing around." She growls out frustrated. Ace wraps an arm around her trying to calm her down and inhaling her scent to try and calm himself down as well.

I huff and turn to make my way back to my car. I need to get to Carter before he gets hurt.

After I take a few steps I see Carter walking up to us, in only a pair of shorts looking heated.

I stumble a little. He's walking ok. That means he's fine right?

I run up to him and engulf him in a hug.

He wraps his arms around me and I can feel him shaking out of anger.

"DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN! DO YOU HEAR ME CARTER?! Are you stupid?! I can't lose you! I can't!" I say crying onto his shoulder.

I feel him calm down and sigh. He rubs my back and whispers, "I'm sorry, LC. I just snapped. My wolf snapped. We needed to find him and rip him apart for what he did to you. I'm sorry. Ok? I love you, LC."

I hug him for a good minute then jump down from him and wipe away the tears. "It's ok. I love you to, Carter."

He smiles down at me and then looks behind me.

His face turns serious and he says, "I went to his house and he wasn't there."

"Probably still out on that call LC mentioned." B says.

I look over to Chase to see him nod his head in agreement.

"Alright, pack meeting in five minutes in the movie room. There should be enough room for all of us. I don't want anyone outside. There may be a rogue around and this way, Ryder won't be able to sneak in. Everyone in the house now." He says in his Alpha tone and everyone makes their way into the house.

"Carter, B" Chase calls and motions for them to follow.

B I understand. Probably wanting to know if B knew about Ryder's whereabouts but Carter?

Chase grabs my hand and leads us into the house.

"Stay in the movie room and if any of you see Ryder you let me know." Chase says to the pack and when he was through walked us into his office.

He locks the door, sits in his chair and pulls me onto his lap.

I blush and try to get up but he stops me.

"You will sit here until I say you can leave. I need you near me right now." He says in my ear.

I nod and settle in.

B was sitting across from us with his head in his hands and Carter was standing stiffly. As he if he was awaiting orders.

I look at him confused but his eyes were glued to Chase.

I look at Chase to see him already looking at me. He smiles a little and kisses me lightly.

I smile back and he sighs.

"Judge is in here because I need him to tell me anything about Ryder that will be able to help us figure out what to do and I didn't want you to have to find out this way, in fact this is what the party was for but there's no point in hiding it now."

He smiles proudly and looks over at Carter.

I look over at Carter. He gives me a small smile but turns serious again; anxious to handle this Ryder situation.

"Congratulations are due because as of tonight, Carter Anderson, your friend and brother is my Beta." Chase says proudly.

A huge smile breaks out across my face and I see the same on B's.

"No way, man! That's awesome! I knew it would happen sooner or later!" B says while patting Carter on the back.

Carter smiles. "Thanks, Judge. You knew it would happen?"

"Of course! Everyone could see it. You were made to be a Beta. You protect and serve your Alpha and your pack with no hesitation. Look at tonight. You just took off! Hey, you should be a cop!" B jokes while Carter just laughs and shakes his head.

I try to get up to hug him but Chase growls softly and holds me tighter; not ready to let me go. I look at Chase and pout.

"It's ok, LC. I get it." Carter laughs.

"I'm really proud of you, Carter! B is right. You were made to be a Beta. Just don't get hurt. Please." I say seriously.

"I won't." He promises.

Satisfied with his answer I settle into Chase's lap with a smile upon my face.

Almost instantly the atmosphere in the room changes so much so that you couldn't even cut it with a knife.

"So Judge, what's going on with Ryder? Obviously his behavior isn't usual for him. You eventually would have caught on but I can't imagine you and your family not noticing the way that he's been treating Lane lately and not do anything about it." Chase says.

'LATELY?!" B snaps.

"As in this has happened before?!" Carter says angrily.

I nod my head simply and look at Chase for help.

A chair scrapes and I see B standing and leaning over the desk.

"YOU KNEW?!" He yells at Chase.

I give B a look telling him to calm down. I don't want Chase and him to be on bad terms.

I think Chase knows that I would think that because he says calmly,

"Yes, I did. She told me just last night. Even if she had told me when it first started happening, which she should have by the way, it wasn't my story to tell. She had enough trouble telling me. Imagine how hard it would've been to tell you all. Her reasons for keeping it to herself make sense but she still should've told us sooner."

I look down at the floor in shame. I was doing it for them.

I feel Chase lift my head up to look into his eyes.

"I know that you were just trying to protect us Lane but in doing so, you got yourself hurt. And now everyone wants to kill him."

I try to look away from him but he kept my head still.

"Hey, it's ok. I promised you that I would handle this humanely to ease your troubled mind. But trust me when I say that I will push those limits. No punishment is too great for what that asshole did to my mate." He says through gritted teeth.

I just nod my head. Is it wrong for me to wish that he would in fact push those limits? Ryder tried to take me from my mate. Who's to say he won't do it again?

I look over to see that both B and Carter's jaws are clenched but I can tell by the way that B is back in his seat and no longer staring daggers at Chase that Chase's explanation has calmed him down.

Instead he looks hurt.

He meets my gaze and shakes his head.

"I'm so sorry, LC. I don't know how we didn't see it. I even offered to talk to Ryder about him thinking you both were still together and yet I still didn't catch on to anything."

I can see his eyes water.

"B, it's ok. I hid it well. I don't blame you." I said looking at him. "Any of you." I add as an afterthought and look over to Carter.

He too looks like he's about to cry. Knowing that they wouldn't want to show that side of them in front of their Alpha I ask,

"So what do we do now? Are you guys going to go over to his house and wait for him to show up? How do you handle something like this?"

"That's exactly what we're going to do. I'm going to send some of our best men over to his house and leave some here just in case. Once they have Ryder they will bring him here and Carter, being my Beta, and I will have a few words with him."

"Words?" I ask not believing that the only exchange will be that of 'words'.

"I'd rather you not know what we do with him, Lane." Chase says seriously.

"Yeah, but you did say humanely." I counter.

"And humans have the death penalty as well. How 'bout that?" Chase says with a smirk.

"Whatever" I mumble to myself knowing that he got me there.

"I just don't want you all to get in trouble. We're not above the law." I say.

"We know that LC. But we have our ways. Don't forget, us Weres' have been around for a while. We know how to handle these kinds of situations without raising any questions from authorities or humans in general." Carter says.

"Still. Acting out in rage could be our downfall." I say.

"True. Which is why we need to keep our emotions in check alright men?" Chase says in his Alpha tone.

They nod and Chase whispers, "You're going to make a great Luna."

I gasp. I didn't even think about that. Once we mate I will be Brightwater Packs Luna. I will lead this pack alongside Chase.

I look at him to see him giving me his heartbreaking smile.

I return it. Sure I'm nervous, but I love my pack and to be honest, I feel like I have their best interest at heart. I would and will do anything for them.

"Soon." He says for only me to hear.

I blush. Sooner than you think Chase Parker. Sooner than you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I KNOW, I KNOW! You guys all want them to mate already! Trust me, I want them to as well. The title of the Chapter, "Can soon come sooner?" is actually for all of you that just want it to happen already! Haha. Just know that I hear you all and I'm working on it. There are things that need to happen before they mate. Those things might've happened already. Or not. Who knows? Oh yeah, I do! Hah!

Thank you for sticking with me guys! It's 3:12am right now so I'll probably put another chapter out today. Three chapters in one day? That's my goal! Ok, I'm rambling and tired. I'll talk to you all when I wake up. BYE! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 36.6K 33
THIS STORY IS GOING TO BE EDITED! IF YOU HAVE ALL READY READ THIS STORY I SUGGEST YOU JUST ARCHIVE IT BECAUSE I WILL CHANGE LOTS OF THINGS IN IT! ALS...
170K 3.5K 17
"Say it Blake" Damon says forcefully, keeping my hands pinned above my head. "Say what I want to hear" "N-No Damon" I whimpered. The pain in my wrist...
390K 14.8K 21
NOT A WEREWOLF STORY SORRY QUICK UPDATES - LOOKING TO FINISH THIS STORY WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS. "I probably shouldn't be talking to you." I stared...
stoic By andie

Teen Fiction

390K 8.5K 48
"Because Mackenzie... We'll never be a thing. It's never going to happen." I'm hurt by his sudden words and I take a step back. He lets out a small...