outlines ✰ l.h.

By fluffycashton

A classic high school sweetheart story that's been doused in liquor and cigarette smoke. Copyright © fluffyca... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two

chapter seven

30.9K 1K 144
By fluffycashton

I slowly woke up, immediately feeling the aching in my body. The memories from last night had flooded my mind even though most of them were a blur. I laid in bed on my stomach for a few minutes, just letting my arms and legs dangle off of the twin sized bed.

The light peaking through my blinds was enough to keep me awake and I picked up my phone from my nightstand next to me. The first thing I had noticed were the several calls I had from my dad then my clock telling me that it was 1 in the afternoon. I groaned as I sent my dad a text telling him that I was in fact alive and awake.

I sat up and swayed from side to side since I had literally felt drained from the night before. I got out of bed and dragged myself to my bathroom, hopping straight into a shower. The first thing I thought was how I got home, then who took me home and if it was safe, and then who I would kill if someone let Luke take me home since he brought me there.

I rinsed off my body and stepped out into the thick air once I was done, quickly going back into my bedroom to get out of the heat and steam.

I wrapped my towel around my body, not caring that I was still dripping wet from my shower. I secured it around myself and left my room, heading downstairs. I turned to go into my kitchen, but nearly screamed when I saw a boy lying on my couch.

"Ashton!" I shouted, waking him up from his sleep. I picked up a pillow from the chair next to me and threw it towards him.

"Jesus, Andy!" His voice was raspy from just being rudely awaken by me. "Warn me next time you walk around your house naked." He mumbled, half hiding his face and glancing from me to the ground.

"I didn't think you'd be sleeping on my couch, you ass." I huffed. I tightened my towel around me and pulled my hair in front of me, suddenly feeling insecure about how I looked, especially since I just got out of a shower. "And I'm not naked." I sighed, "Why are you even here?"

"I picked you up from Luke's last night." He said, as if I was supposed to know this. Memories from last night soon popped back into my mind, most of them scattered and hazy.

"Why didn't you head back home last night?" I asked, tucking a strand of damp hair behind my ear.

"Because you told me to stay here." He laughed as he sat up. "You thought I was Luke." He explained, making my cheeks turn pink just from the thought of all of the embarrassing things I probably said.

"I'm so sorry, oh my God." I muttered, placing my face in my hands.

"No, no, no. It's okay." He assured me. "You called me around 4am last night and said that you were with Michael Clifford." He told me. "I didn't know you were friends with him." He raised an eyebrow at me as he kicked up his feet on my table.

"Yeah, but I'll explain that to you after I out on." I laughed somewhat nervously before turning around on my heels and running upstairs before I heard Ashton's response.

I hurried into my bathroom, trying to quickly get ready or at least seem presentable. I let my dripping hair hang over my shoulders, only drying it with my towel. I stepped inside my bedroom, digging through my drawers to find a pair of shorts and a t-shirt to slip into.

In the middle of tugging my shorts up my legs, my phone began ringing from my bedside table. I snapped the button on my pants and looked at the name, seeing that Luke was calling me.

"Hello?" I said, with more confusion in my tone than anything. I suspected he would be passed out for a few more hours and since he wasn't, I had no idea what he wanted.

"Come over." He plainly said.

I raised my eyebrow at his request, "Come over?"

"Yes, come over." He repeated. I bit down on my bottom lip, deciding what to do.

"Why?" I asked, seeing if there was an actual good reason that I would ditch Ashton when in reality I knew that I wouldn't anyways. There was a pause over the phone which made me pull away to see if he had hung up.

"I'm bored." He replied, a sigh coming through my speaker. I left my room and jogged down the steps to my living room where I suspected Ashton to be which in this case he wasn't.

I frowned, "Why don't you get up and do something?"

"Like what?" Luke questioned, the sound of shuffling through things being heard in the background.

"I don't know, go hangout with your parents." I joked, rounding a corner in my house and finding Ashton in the kitchen making breakfast for himself.

"My parents aren't home." Luke responded just as I grabbed a bowl from my cabinet to give to Ashton who looked confused, probably since he had no idea who I was talking to.

"Where are they?" I asked, instantly regretting it since it wasn't any of my business in the first place.

"Away." He replied, going to longer into depth.

"Away?"

"Away." Luke answered, just like he did at the beginning of our conversation.

"Oh," I muttered. I glanced over to see Ashton trying to use a knife to open a new boz of cereal. "Put that down." I scolded, grabbing the knife from his hands and setting it down. "You idiot." I mumbled as I opened the box normally, handing it over to him.

"Hello?" Luke's soft voice was heard and I remembered that I was having a conversation with him first.

"Don't be rude, Ands." Ashton told me and I shushed him, getting him to roll his eyes at me.

"Andy?" Luke spoke again.

"Sorry, what?" I turned my back to Ashton as I pulled out a carton of milk for him. After knowing each other for a year he has still yet to know where things are in my house.

"Who was that?" Luke asked.

"Ashton." I replied, to which the by in my kitchen actually responded to. I shook my head at him and turned back around, walking to sit down at the small table I had.

"Oh, are you busy?" His spoke a bit faster, sounding a bit guilty.

"No, I actually just saved us from a trip to the ER again." I laughed, watching Ashton come sit in front of me.

"Again?" Luke asked, making it obvious that he was interested in hearing about the certain events.

"I'll tell you that story later." I said, getting a glare from Ashton.

"Later as in in the next half hour, right?" Luke laughed. He was good with persuasion as well as his persistence with so many things, which is more than likely the reason why I'm so tied up with him.

"I can't, but maybe tomorrow." I told him, looking up to Ashton.

"Your call, Andy Emerson. I'll see you tomorrow then." Luke laughed, right before hanging up before giving me the chance to even say goodbye.

I furrowed my eyebrows at my phone, confused as to what that conversation even was. I sat there for a few seconds in silence before looking back up to the boy in front of me.

"Well, that was Luke." I told him as I leaned onto my elbows on the table.

"Ah, loverboy." He nodded his head, scooping another spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Don't call him that." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What do you want me to call him then?" He laughed. I ignored him and sat back up straight. "What's going on with you guys anyways? Why were you even at his house yesterday?"

"He had a party and there isn't anything going on." I told him, sighing as the words left my mouth.

"A party? When I picked you up it was just you and Michael at the house." Ashton explained, making me wonder what all exactly happened last night. "I don't even think Luke was home."

"I have no idea what went on except for the fact that Michael thought it would be funny to get me hammered." I groaned. It were days like these where I was extremely happy that I rarely ever got hangovers. I'd usually get a small headache, but nothing awful.

"Ands, I swear, sometimes you are so dumb." Ashton said as he got up from the table.

"I'm not dumb, I'm just being a teenager." I replied in attempt to defend myself.

"That's true," He laughed, putting his bowl in the sink. "Why didn't you go hangout with him then?" He asked. Even though me and Luke hadn't known each other for even a whole month Ashton seemed interested in us. To Ashton I was a little weird and out there and was the reason for more than half of his detentions, and that's how he saw Luke too. He had his own opinions that he kept to himself though, and I think we both prefer to keep it that way.

"Because I'm hanging out with you." I gave Ashton a cheesy smile as he walked right by me.

"I'd love to hangout with you, but my shift started," He stopped talking, looking down to his phone that he just pulled our of his pocket. "Fifteen minutes ago, so if I'm not there soon I'll be dead." He sheepishly explained.

I stuck my bottom lip out at him as I stood up, "Sorry, that's my fault." I said as I followed him to my front door.

"I'd rather be late to work than you be drunk driving or sleeping at a strange kid's house." He laughed even though he'd been telling the entire truth.

"He's not strange!" I replied as he stepped through my door.

"I'll see you on Monday." He said, making me groan about the thought of school. Luckily, we only had a month and a half left. "And you still have to tell me all that happened last night, or at least what you know." He reminded me, giving me a half smile. I rolled my eyes and gave him a small wave which he returned as I shut my door.

I sighed and looked around my empty house, wishing that I had at least a sibling or weird cousin around for company. With my dad coming back in two weeks, I was on my own until then. It was just a repeated cycle.

I decided to pull out my phone again and call Luke to inform him that I actually could come over. I slipped on the pair of shoes I had by my door as I waited for him to answer. After a few rings it went to his voicemail, one that sounded like it hadn't been changed in about two years.

I laughed to myself as I headed out my front door, thinking that he wouldn't mind the surprise. Or that knowing Luke, he would actually be expecting it.

-

A/N:

THIS WAS A FILLER I APOLOGIZE

basically next chapter is all the details but hey isn't ashton such a great friend ok yes

I HOPE YOU'RE ALL WELL

GOODBYE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
179K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
1.1M 48K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC