Little Miss Perfect

By writerbug44

Lindsay Wilson was born different from everybody else. No, she's not a vampire, werewolf, or some super hero... More

Ch. One
Ch. Two
Ch. Three
Ch. Four
Ch. Five
Ch. Six
Ch. Seven
Ch. Eight
Ch. Nine
Ch. Ten
Ch. Eleven
Ch. Thirteen
Ch. Fourteen
Author's Note
Ch. Fifteen
Ch. Sixteen
Ch. Seventeen
Ch. Eighteen
Ch. Nineteen
Ch. Twenty
Ch. Twenty- One
Ch. Twenty- Two
Ch. Twenty- Three
Ch. Twenty- Four
Ch. Twenty- Five
Ch. Twenty- Six
Ch. Twenty- Seven
Ch. Twenty- Eight
Ch. Twenty- Nine
Ch. Thirty
Ch. Thirty- One
Ch. Thirty- Two
Ch. Thirty- Three
Ch. Thirty- Four
Ch. Thirty- Five
Ch. Thirty- Six
Ch. Thirty- Seven
Ch. Thirty- Eight
Ch. Thirty- Nine
Ch. Forty
Ch. Forty- One
Ch. Forty- Two
Ch. Forty- Three
Ch. Forty- Four
Ch. Forty- Five
Ch. Forty- Six [Epilogue]
Goodbye </3

Ch. Twelve

233K 6.3K 2.7K
By writerbug44

"I don't want to go!" I whined.

Luke chuckled. "I don't care. You're going so stop whining about it and get dressed."

"No." I huffed. 

"Then you're going like that because even if I have to drag you out of this house, you're going."

I let out an annoyed squeal as I stomped my foot and crossed my arms as I glared at Luke from the doorway of his room.

"Throwing a tantrum like a two year old won't save you. Just get dressed. Adam's going."

"I still don't want to." I snapped.

"But you're going."

"I won't have fun."

"Tough shit. Go get dressed." He said, slipping his shirt off over his head.

"Luke!" I whined.

"You're just wasting time." He tsked.

I groaned and stomped my way into my room.

"Stomping won't work either." He yelled down the hall.

"Whatever." I snapped, sifting through my clothes for something to go to this stupid party that Luke is dragging me to. I decided on a pair of dark denim shorts and a black halter top with pink and silver cheetah print on the top. Sure, it looked... revealing. But if Luke wanted me to go, then I was going to make him regret it so I wouldn't have to go to another one again. I really didn't want to go to this stupid party. Nothing good ever happens at parties.

When I was dressed, I straighted my hair and pulled back my bangs with bobby pins and caked on my makeup. I slid on a pair of flip flops and then went downstairs where Adam, Jack, and Luke were waiting for me. They were all facing away from me, though, watching TV.

"Ariana isn't coming?" I whined.

Adam chuckled, "She's not the partying type." He said, not turning away from the TV.

I walked towards them, but they still couldn't see me. "Yeah, well neither am I." I huffed.

Adam was the first to look over at me and he did a double take, his eyes bulging out of his skull and his jaw dropping so low, I thought he would dislocate it before he snapped it shut again.

"What? Do I have something on me?" I asked, examining my outfit, scanning for a stain or something.

"No, you look great." He said, his face was full of lust, making me blush vigrously.

"You're not wearing that." Luke said firmly.

"Then I'm not going." I said, glaring at him.

"That's how you're going to get out of going to this party? By dressing like that?"

I nodded innocently. "Is it working?"

Luke smirked. "Nope. Let's go."

I let out a whine sound. "Lukey!"

Jack and Luke started walking towards the door but Adam grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the door. "C'mon, it'll be fun."

"No it won't." I pouted as we all filed into Adam's Hummer.

"You just go for a few hours, dance and get drunk." Jack said from the back seat.

"I'm not drinking." I said firmly. "I'm going to the damn thing, but I am not drinking."

"That's what they all say." Luke tsked.

"Well I'm not." I snapped, already in a crabby mood.

Adam put my hand in his, easing some of the tension in my body. "It'll be fine."

"Where is it, anyway?" I asked.

Everybody was silent, so I looked to Adam for the answer.

I gasped. "What?! No! Stop the car! No, I'm not going! No no no no no." I yelped, turning around to shoot daggars at Luke. "Amber! Really?! You had to drag me along to a party at Amber's house?!"

He smiled at me. "I'm glad that you're so understanding." He said sweetly.

"Luke Wilson you better sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life." I growled.

"You won't even have to talk to her, she'll probably upstairs with some guy by the time we get there." He said, rolling his eyes.

"That's not the point." I huffed.

When we finally parked out front of the house, I realized that it wasn't much bigger than mine, which was surprising. I was expecting a mansion. You know, the popular girl always has a mansion, doesn't she?

Anyway, I trudged my way up to the door with my hand in Adam's and Luke by my side. The music was thundering from inside the house and the drunk high schoolers were spilling out into the yard.

"If anything goes wrong tonight, you're dead. I hope you know that." I said through clenched teeth to Luke.

"Well, considering nothing is going to go wrong, I think I'll stay alive, thank you." He chirped.

"You know, scratch that. You're dead either way." I chirped back.

We walked into the house and the music just got louder and the people around us were practically having sex in the living room. There was barely any space to move, let alone breathe, and I swear the tempature rose twenty degrees. I could see that in the dining room, they were having a nice game of strip go fish. I guess it's like strip poker for the stupid.

This is stupid. A waste of time. The only thing I'm getting out of this is a huge ass headache.

I looked up to scowl at Luke but he was already gone. I was left with Adam staring down at me, waiting for my reaction.

"You go have fun with Luke and Jack. I'll just... look around." I said, trying to be convincing.

He just smirked. "And by look around you mean turn on your heals and leave? No way."

I let out a huff, it didn't work, and rested my head on his shoulder, letting him lead me through the crowd.

"Where are we going?" I yelled over the music to him.

He smirked. "Upstairs."

"What?!" I shrieked, coming to a halt and ripping my hand from his grip.

He chuckled and took a step closer to me, whispering into my ear. "I was kidding, we're going to the kitchen."

I slapped his shoulder and took his hand in mine again as we went towards the kitchen. "That wasn't funny!"

He smiled and kissed my cheek, releasing the butterflies into my tummy. "It was kind of funny."

I huffed as we walked into the kitchen of Amber's house. Gross.

"What do you want to drink?" Adam asked me, opening one of the two huge coolers that were on the side of the wall.

I shrugged. "Anything not alcoholic." I said.

He chuckled and handed me a Coke and got himself a beer. "Where do you want to go?" He yelled over the music.

"Home." I said firmly.

He took my hand and led me back through the crowd back towards the door. I would think that he was actually going to take me home if he didn't have that rediculous grin on his face.

"Adam, where are we going?" I asked him. 

"Outside." He said simply as we walked through the doorway. I was instantly smacked in the face with fresh air and space to breathe. Thank the lord. 

"Why are we outside? Not that I'm complaining." I mumbled as I flicked open my can of Coke and Adam did the same with his beer.

He shrugged. "You didn't want to be inside, so outside is a bit better."

There were a few people out here, one girl was throwing up on her friend on the other side of the yard, a couple was fighting near the street, and there were a few couples that were in the middle of intense make out sessions... as if it's more private out here.

"Well I don't want to ruin your fun. Go, enjoy your night." I said, taking a small sip of the Coke.

"I'm not going to enjoy it if I'm not with you." He said, wrapping me in a hug.

"Aw, cheesy much?" I giggled, resting my head on his chest.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Of course."

Suddenly, Blah Blah Blah by Kesha came on from inside the house.

I gasped and pulled away from Adam. "I love this song!"

He chuckled as I sang a long to the song for the first verse.

He chuckled and kissed my temple. "You're cute."

"Yeah, yeah. Can we go now?"

"Luke and Jack are our ride home. And I highly doubt you'll be able to get then out of here for another good two hours." He said in an amused voice.

I groaned. "This is stupid."

Adam wrapped his arms around me from behind so that my back was against his chest and his chin was resting on my shoulder. "Just try to have fun. Don't be so close minded." He offered. 

I sighed. "Okay. So what do you want to do?"

"Let's go dance." He said, tugging my hand towards the door.

I stifled a groan and reluctantly followed Adam back into the packed, heated living room and pushed our way through the crowd.

"You bitch!" I heard somebody squeal as I saw a bundle of brown hair darting right towards me.

I smiled cheerfully. "Howdy, Brooke." I chirped as she came within a foot of me, ready to pounce. Adam's hand tightened around mine as a circle formed around us, expecting a fight.

"I told you to stay away from him!" She squealed.

"Yeah, I know. I was there." I said calmly.

I heard Adam snicker beside me but cover it up with a caugh.

"Get away from him!" She demanded.

"Brooke, c'mon. Get a life." Adam nearly growled.

She gasped, her mouth gaped open. "Adam, really? You know you want me." She purred

"Actually... I don't. Just walk away." He said, calmly as he swatted away her manicured hand as she tried to touch him.

"Don't say that!" She whined, looking like she was about to cry, then her gaze turned towards me. "This is all your fault. Just wait until I get my hands on you, you little..."

"Brooke!" I heard another whiney voice coming towards us.

But this mess of hair was blonde, and it was Amber. Oh just great, two dumb drunk bimbos to deal with in one night.

"Brooke don't you dare start trouble with that little bitch." She snapped at Brooke, nudging towards me.

"Why the hell not?" Brooke whined. "She's stealing Adam right out of my hands."

"Actually-" Adam started, but was cut off when Amber held up her hand in front of his face to stop him from talking.

"If she goes, then so does Luke and we're busy." Amber growled at her friend.

"No we're not." Luke laughed from the sideline, joining my other side.

"Hey, Luke." Amber chirped. "I was just telling Brooke not to be rude to your sister." She said with a smile.

"I believe the term you used was 'that little bitch'." I chirped.

Amber glared at me but stopped from saying anything when she remembered Luke standing by my side.

"C'mon, let's just go." Luke muttered.

"Wait, Luke! No, don't be silly. We're just starting." Amber purred.

Luke turned towards her and snickered. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, Amber. But I'm not into the whole whore thing you've got going on."

She gasped, her mouth hung open, probably as far as mine was. I can't believe he just said that! I cupped my hand over my mouth so that I could stifle my laughter.

"Luke, you don't mean that." She whimpered.

"If I didn't mean it, I wouldn't have said it." He said simply. And with that, he led me out of the party with Adam still squeazing my hand in his as we pushed our way through the crowd of shocked teenagers. Most of them were laughing, some were still gaping with shocked expressions.

After we found Jack, we were going back home.

"Hey, sorry 'bout that, Linds." Luke called from the back.

I chuckled. "Don't be, it was kind of hilarious."

"Are you guys staying?" Luke asked the guys.

Adam nodded and Jack replied with a simple "Yup."

"Linds, you should go stay with Ariana." Luke suggested.

I turned and scowled at him. "Oh, no. You dragged me to this stupid party. Then I had to deal with stupid Brooke and Amber. I am going to my stupid house and sleeping in my stupid bed." I growled, snapping my head back forwards.

"Are you sure? I think you should go." He tried to push.

I sighed. "I may be a little naive, Luke. But I can still make my own damn decisions." I snapped.

He sighed aggrivatedly and kicked the back of my seat, making me jerk forward.

"Hey." Adam snapped. "Don't hurt my car."

I cupped a hand over my mouth so that I didn't laugh out loud. 

We pulled up in front of Adam's house and walked across the street to mine. I stayed silent as the guys talked about sports. Snore.

Of course, they stopped in the kitchen to eat as my mother cooked them Pizza Rolls. I tried to descretely walk up up to my room, hoping to go unseen.

"Why don't you stay and eat, Linds?" My mom called. I didn't even know why she was awake, it was pretty late.

"No, I'm tired." I said through half open eyelids.

"You don't want to spend some time with your boyfriend?" She teased with a sly smile on her face.

My eyes widened and then darted towards Luke who just shrugged, just as clueless as I was.

My mom laughed. "You can't hide things from me, sweety. Mama knows everything."

I sighed. "Right, well. He's obviously hanging out with his friends right now and Luke is getting on my last nerve. So I'm just going upstairs." I muttered before turning on my heel and going up the stairs.

Minutes after I got into my room, Luke was walking into my room with his arms crossed and his eyebrows raised.

"What?" I growled, not looking up from the screen of my laptop.

"How am I getting on your last nerve?" He demanded.

I gave in an incredulous look and then stood to my feet. "You're kidding, right? First, you drag me to a party. Then, you don't let me leave. After that, you try and order me around like you can tell me what to do."

"I'm only trying to protect you." He said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not a baby!" I yelled. "I can take care of myself without you babying me like I'm your responsibility!"

"Why can't you see how stupid you're being?!" He roared, making me flinch away.

"I'm not being nearly as stupid as you are! Can't you just be happy for me?! Why do you have to ruin this for me?!" I screamed.

"You just don't understand!" He fired back.

"I don't need you to protect me! I can handle myself!"

"No! No you can't. Because if you could we wouldn't be having this talk right now!" He yelled.

"You aren't my dad! I can make my own fucking decisions!" I screamed.

"You're right. I'm not your dad. If I was Dad, I'd walk out and not give a shit! I care way more than Dad ever did!" He roared before storming out of my room, slamming the door behind him, making me flinch from the loud bang.

The second the door was closed, my legs turned into spaghetti and I couldn't stand any longer. My knees dropped to the floor and I sobbed. Me and Luke never fight. Never. Let alone full out screaming matches.

I leaned my back against the side of my bed and ignored the metal frame jutting into my lower back as I tucked my face into my knees and wrapped my arms around my shins, pulling my legs closer to me as I cried as hard as I could cry.

"Lindsay?" I heard a voice outside of my door. I couldn't make out who it was over the pounding of my chest vibrating through my ears but it was probably Adam.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I chirped, hoping that it didn't sound as shaky and water logged as I heard.

"Are you sure?" He asked, still I couldn't make out who the owner of the voice was so my assumption of Adam was probably right.

"Promise." I said with a forced chuckle. "Brothers and sisters fight all the time, don't they?" 

"Yeah, but not you guys." Adam said through the door. "You don't seem okay."

"I'm fine, honest. I'm going to bed though. Goodnight." I called. Yep, my voice was definately unconvincing. As it sounded shakey, full of snot, and deeper. My voice got deeper when I cried? Huh, learn something new every day.

"Goodnight." He said before I heard footsteps down the hallway and a door open then close. 

I didn't even change into pajamas before I crawled into bed and cried some more.

I calmed myself down after another hour of a steady flow of tears soaking my white feather pillow. However, I gave up on sleeping. This whole fighting thing takes a lot out of you, I don't know why people do it so much. 

I decided that since I wasn't going to be able to sleep, I might as well eat. So I got dressed in shorts and a tank top before going downstairs into the kitchen. I grabbed a box of cheese Pizza Rolls from the freezer and emptied them out onto a plate before popping them into the microwave before sitting on one of the bar stools and laying my head on the counter.

"Tired?" A voice peirced the silence behind me.

I jumped and let out a little squeal, jerking my head in the direction of the voice, ignoring the crik in my neck. "Adam, you scared me." I squeaked as he moved to sit next to me at the bar.

He chuckled. "Sorry. What's up?"

I shrugged. "Just making some Pizza Rolls."

He raised his eyebrow at me. "At two in the morning?"

"Couldn't sleep." I mumbled.

"You've been crying." He said, taking my hand lightly in his.

"No I haven't." I denied.

"I may not be a genius but I think that red puffy eyes are a universal sign of crying." He said, rolling his eyes.

If I were in better mood, I would have smiled. "Well, I'm fine."

"Is it about that fight with Luke? You shouldn't take that to heart. All siblings fight once in a while."

"Not us." I said quietly. 

"Well, by tomorrow this will all be forgotten." He said, pulling me into a hug.

I buried my face into his shoulder and closed my eyes, willing myself not to cry again. "Thanks." I whispered.

"Of course." He whispered back.

I pulled away just far enough to see Adam's amazingly mesmorisingly brown eyes with just small shreds of a darker brown sprinkled around the pupil.

I started leaning closer to him, just wanted to put my lips on his. I could tell that he took the hint because he started leaning forwards as well. We were about to close the microscopic distance between us and then...

Ding!

I jumped and stood to my feet with an awkward grin on my face. "Pizza Rolls are ready."

________________________________________

Okay so hey there (: So, I've been forever getting complaints about this story so before you feel like leaving a complaint in the comments, let me just say this stuff:

- I wrote this over a year ago, so I know that it's not great
- It's not edited, so there's grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, and some inaccuracies- you don't need to point them out
- Sometimes she doesn't seem like the smartest person in the world because the writer (me, obvi) is not the smartest person in the world and therefor, doesn't really know what it's like to be that smart, so I tried my best. 
- If these issues with the story are bugging you that much then I'm truly sorry, but just stop reading if it causes you that much pain.

That picture over there >>> Do you see it? That's Lindsay's outfit that she wore to the party <3

Vote-Comment- Fan :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 225 50
Seventeen year-old Emma Young and eighteen year-old Noah Wilson. Complete strangers. All they know is each others names and their reputations. The sm...
22.9K 415 17
Liam is a new freshman at Beacon Hills High. When he originally came for lacrosse, he ends up falling in love unexpectedly with another freshman at B...
73.9K 1.6K 14
Elena Brighton was that girl that was far too smart for her own good. Graduated MIT at the age of 15 she was one of the best hackers and engineers ar...
350K 7K 31
Alyssa is Derek's little sister. But she didnt get the gift of claws, fangs, super hearing, super speed, and super strength. No one knows why. Scott...