Sweet Taste

By SmileyKari

Lauren Finn has just graduated from high school and is now going to her college life in Gourmet International... More

A/N :)
A/N :)
Chapter 1: Flight To France
Chapter 2: Gourmet International French Culinary Academy
Chapter 3: My Aunt's House
Chapter 4: Pastry Convention
Chapter 5: Mr. Know-It-All
Chapter 6: First Day In The Academy
Chapter 7: Why Does This Have To Happen?
Chapter 8: Another Chace
Chapter 9: Love Is What Makes The World Go Round
Chapter 10: First Activity Spoiled
Chapter 11: You Again
Chapter 12: Activity Two
Chapter 13: The Two Blondes
Chapter 14: I Found You
Chapter 15: Brownies
Chapter 16: Chocolate Temptation
Chapter 17: Jump!
Chapter 18: Another Revelation
Chapter 19: Minutes Felt Eternity
Chapter 20: Changes
Chapter 21: Chace Decides What?!
Chapter 22: Tropical Smoothie
Chapter 23: Practice Sessions
Chapter 24: Getaway
Chapter 25: Fruit Cocktail
Chapter 26: Cotton Candy Love ♥
Chapter 27: First Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 28: Second & Third Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 29: Hurts More Than A Scar
Chapter 30: I'm Going Insane Because Of You
Chapter 31: The Kind I Like
Chapter 33: Matter Of Life And Death
Chapter 34: Second Round
Chapter 35: The Deal
Chapter 36: A Long Night
Chapter 37: Third Round: Fight These Feelings
Chapter 38: Third Round: The Judging
Chapter 39: Heart Raced Day
Chapter 40: Frenemenies to Best Friends
Chapter 41: The Revelation Of The Box
Chapter 42: My Sweet Taste Prince
Epilogue-- 5 Years Later

Chapter 32: First Round Of The Tournament

3K 30 11
By SmileyKari

I woke up around seven in the morning and I saw Lyka and Leila already left.

I hurriedly showered and fixed myself and headed for the old building we used to study at.

I ran to the third floor where the tournament is to be held.

“Hey! You ready?” Blake smiled. He was at the door waiting for someone I guess.

“Maybe. I don’t know.” I said sheepishly.

“Don’t worry, we’ll make it.” Blake winked at me.

“Yeah, I hope so.” I smiled my very best.

We both went in then I saw Drew and Chace there.

Chace seems worried while Drew is kind of nervous? I don’t get their faces.

There were so many people here all from different countries.

Some looked like Taiwanese and some Singaporeans. Some from America and England, also from UK. Mostly they were girls and few guys.

Blonde hair guys, dark black haired guys, curly brown hair girls, straight short hair girls, all kinds are here.

“Seems we’ve got a tough competition.” Chace suddenly said.

“Everyone! Please listen up! The competition would be starting after this announcement.” The principal announced.

Everyone turned to that attention and waited for the real speaker to speak.

“I’m David Jack, I will be one of your speakers and judge for today!” David Jack announced.

I heard some chattering and heard one say that he’s pretty good at judging. He’s been judging these kinds of tournaments for over 10 years already.

“I’ll be introducing to you the other two speakers then!” Then he pointed at the first one whose Mrs. Smith! “She’s Marielle Smith, the owner of the cafe amethyst!”

“Next, would be Henrick Yam.” Then he pointed to a guy who seems very serious.

I heard more chattering.

He’s the strictest critique here!

Can we be able to surpass him?!

We might be eliminated on the first round!

Hearing these comments, my stomach is churning like crazy!

“Relax, we’ll be fine.” Drew patted my shoulder to relax me a bit.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“Now, for the rules of the tournament.” David Jack handed the mike to the principal.

He coughed first before speaking, “The first round would be about your sense of taste. Now, the minimum of members per group is three. So, I would like you all to have three members enter the first round for those who have four members.”

“So, who’ll be the one? The first tournament is about sense of taste. Chace should go.” I insisted.

“I’ll go.” Blake suggested.

“Who’ll be the other one?” I asked.

“Lauren, you can do this.” Drew smiled at me.

“You sure?” I gasped.

“You’re capable. Come on!” Chace pulled me by the arm and we ran to the front and so as the other contestants.

Mace, Lyka and Leila were there, smirking at us. This is going to be bad.

“Now, since you are all here in front, you all will be blind folded and this round would be individuality. So once you guess the wrong one ONCE, I repeat ONCE, you’re out and the other members would proceed to the next round. During the second round, once another member gets it wrong, you’re automatically disqualified.” The principal announced.

I was shaking because I was so nervous. I don’t want to lose this tournament.

“Now, the rules would be, no peeking and once you are caught, your group would be disqualified, no second chances here okay? Also, no speaking. Let us begin.”

We were all blindfolded by a long handkerchief with blue and green checkers.

I waited for our turn and it felt like it was twenty minutes and we weren’t able to talk so that was making me crazy!

Finally, the judge came to me and she touched my hand.

“Now it’s your turn okay?” I nodded in affirmation of Mrs. Smith.

She took a spoonful of something then shoved it inside my mouth.

I made the small elastic thing touch my tongue and I could feel it’s sweet..but..

Kind of sour?

It seems a bit long?

Wait! I know this!

“Gummy.” I mumbled.

“Correct. Next.” Mrs. Smith said.

The next was weird.

It has two stuffs and two different tastes that don’t match each other.

The other one was liquid then the other was something round, small.

 I couldn’t distinguish the taste since it’s mixing.

I should taste the other one first before the taste goes away.

I tried to let my tongue search for the round thing when Mrs. Smith pressured me that I only have five seconds left!

Oh no! I’m panicking a bit!

I remembered to pray then.

Lord, please. Please.

I suddenly found it and realized it was mint!

The liquid tasted like blueberry when I found the mint.

“Blueberry mint!” I hurriedly said.

“Nice timing, you only had a second left.”

I exhaled in happiness.

“The last one.”

The taste was melting so fast that I couldn’t distinguish what it was!

“You have three seconds. One.”

Oh shoot! What’s this?!

“Two.”

Wait, what melts fast? Melt, melt, melt?!

“Three. What’s your answer?”

I hesitated at first because I think this is a stupid answer but I’ll try anyway.

“Butter.” I muttered.

“Correct, you’re done.” Then she took off my blindfold then I went back to Drew and Chace.

“You guys survived!” I smiled like crazy.

“Yeah, but we’re not sure of Blake yet.” Drew said.

“Blake can ace this, I’m sure of it.” I smiled.

I felt my bladder suddenly wanting to blow up so I excused myself for a while and headed for the comfort room.

Once I was in already, I sat down at the toilet bowl and peed.

After that when I was about to go out, I heard some clicking sounds but I didn’t mind it.

After washing my hands, the door way out of the comfort room wouldn’t budge.

No way! Don’t tell me I’m locked?!

I kept on pulling the door and turning the doorknob but it’s really locked!

I tried screaming with all my might, “Help me! Please! Please!”

I tried kicking the door to make someone notice me, but it seems like everyone’s at the tournament area!

“Okay, all members back to the tournament area or else you’re team is disqualified if you are not complete!” The announcer announced.

What the hell?! Seriously?!

“Let me out of here!” I shouted at the top of my lungs and my voice was getting hoarse already.

“Let me out!!!” I shouted more.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!” I shouted kicking the door so hard and ended up hurting my foot.

My career’s going to end all because I’m stuck in a bathroom!

But what worry me most are my teammates.

They have dreams too and yet here I am, stuck here, destroying their lives.

No, I won’t give up! I’ll shout one more time!

“Helppppp!” I shouted more.

No one still.

“Oh no! Seems there’s a group who doesn’t have complete members!” The announcer suddenly announced.

Oh no! Don’t tell me—

“Lauren! Where are you?!” I felt the speakers were roaring at my head.

Drew! Oh no!

I have to get out of here! Fast!

“I’ll give you ten seconds to find your teammate. Ten!” The announcer announced.

Ten seconds?! What the hell?!

I tried kicking the door while screaming, “Help! I’m in here!”

I tried searching for something loud.

Since there are 10 faucets in the comfort room, I decided to flood the place so that the water could surpass the door and people will notice me in there.

I ran to all the faucets opening them all.

“Come on! More water!” I cried.

I continued shouting at the door.

The comfort room’s kind of big so I don’t think this place would flood up easily and I only got six seconds left!

“Help!” I cried one more time.

“Is someone here?” I heard someone outside.

“Yes! Help me! I’m locked up!” I cried.

“What are you doing there?! I’ll go find the key!” The man said and his voice disappeared.

Great the janitor! I’m saved! But..

“Four... Three.”

Three seconds left?!

“I’m in here! Help!” I cried as loud as I could.

Come on! Someone pass by!

“Lauren? Lauren!” I heard someone calling my name and it sounded like.. Drew?!

Oh thank goodness!

“Drew! I’m here! Drew! It’s Lauren! Drew!” I kept on shouting non stop.

“Lauren?! You’re here?! Principal she’s here! She’s locked!” Drew ran I guess.

“Two.” The announcer announced.

Drew faster!

Oh no!

“One.” The announcer announced.

I stared blankly on the door.

No..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLIFF HANGER!:))

stay tune!:D 

comment about it okaaaay?:))))

-SmileyKari :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 485 22
Marcus and Martinus live with their mom and sister because their dad passed away... But they aren't only brothers and twins..they are something more...
1.7M 109K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
2.8K 364 19
London 1923. Charlotte Wynthorpe's socialite circle is being plagued by a rash of diamond burglaries during their wild, drunken parties. Sensing some...
7.2M 94.3K 34
Meet Fay Valentine, a spunky rough necked troublemaker who has watched over her childhood friend since she saved him from a couple of bullies in 3rd...