the best friend bet « pjm »

By fxckpjm

H I G H S C H O O L A U « ONGOING » "I love you" he murmured, tracing her nose with his own, trying to ignor... More

DISCLAIMER
Prologue
Chapter 1: Her.
Chapter 2: Him.
Chapter 3: Reunited.
Chapter 4: Flustered.
Chapter 5: Awkward Flirt.
Chapter 7: Failing.
Chapter 8: The Tutor (Part 1).
Chapter 9: The Tutor (Part 2).
Chapter 10: Invitions.
Chapter 11: The Party (Part 1).
Chapter 12: The Party (Part 2).
Chapter 13: The Bet.
Chapter 14: The Brother's Bet.
Chapter 15: It Begins.
Chapter 16: Talks.
Chapter 17: Bubble Tea.
Chapter 18: Impress Me.
Chapter 19: Just You and I.
Chapter 20: Official.
Chapter 21: Cha Jia.
Chapter 22: Truth Or Dare
I CHANGED MY USERNAME
Chapter 23: Suspicions.
authors note

Chapter 6: Confiding.

3.4K 109 66
By fxckpjm

"That you're nothing but a player"

Those six words circle in Jimin's head for the next few days. He knows you're right, he usually prided himself on that fact but for some reason, hearing it from you made him hurt. Was that really all that you saw him as? Why did he care all of a sudden?

"Jiminie hyung?" Taehyung asked from across the lunch table as he noticed his friend picking at his noodles with his chopsticks. Jimin looked up expressionlessly, his blank gaze meeting Tae's concerned one. "Are you okay? You haven't eaten any of your food, I know it's your favourite"

Jimin sifted his hand through his hair, taking note of how dry it was getting. "M' fine tae, just tired."

Taehyung went to say something, probably counter what Jimin was had to say when a faded blue haired male joined the table. "I've noticed it too, Jimin. You're not eating properly."

Jimin looked up at the figure, identifying the person to be Yoongi hyung. Himself and Tae bowed politely as the lean figure took the seat on Jimin's right. "I told you, I'm fine"

"Bullshit" Jungkook called out as he and Hobi sat down at the table next to Taehyung. Hoseok, glared at the makane, giving him a silent scolding for swearing. The four males dig into their food, watching as Jimin pokes around at his cold lunch. They all share a look of concern as Jimin retreats back into his thoughts, a small sigh leaving his lips.

"What is this? some kind of intervention?"

Hoseok decided that enough was enough, kicking the blonde under his table so he could capture his attention. "Did someone say something to you, Jiminie? Cause we could always set Yoongi hyung on them"

At the mention of his name, Yoongi looks up, giving Hoseok a slight nod to show that he's in agreement. Their younger also nods, thankfully, turning back to his meal to avoid further conversation. "Seriously chim, what's wrong-?" Tae tries again but to no avail as Jimin quickly changes the subject.

"Where are Namjoon and Jin Hyung?" He mumbles desperately, hoping that his friends will drop the topic.

"I don't know" Jungkook speaks through a mouthful of rice. "Probably making out in some closet or something"

The table laughed but their giggles were soon hushed by an approaching Kim seokjin and Kim namjoon. "Who's making out in a closet?" Jin asked excitedly, clapping his hands. "Did my chimchim finally settle on one girl?"

Jimin visibly flinched at his hyung's words, the comments his friends usually made wouldn't get to him but not today. "Good one hyung" Joon laughed, clapping his older on the back.

Jimin sighed deeply as his friends continued to converse around him, unaware how much their words affected him.

***

"Hey Tae" The blonde chirped to his friend, who was currently putting his books in his locker. The younger turned to face Jimin with a boxed smile spread across his lips. It was the end of the school day, most classes were over aside from a few extracurriculars or some tutoring sessions.

Jimin leaned against the cool surface of the metal lockers, eying his makane as he slid on a leather jacket. Jimin himself was wearing a black hoodie, black jeans and some black combat boots, his blonde locks slightly parted. "I'm good hyung" Tae offered, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "How are you? Feeling any better?"

Jimin nodded, pushing himself off of the lockers as Taehyung begun to head to the school's exit. The two boys would be studying together today, so Jimin didn't bring his car and was planning to get a ride from the younger.

"I'm feelin' alright" he said simply, following Taehyung into the parking lot. The younger quickly unlocked his car, opening it up and sliding into the drivers seat, allowing Jimin to make himself comfortable in the seat next to him. The first few minutes of the journey were quiet as the boys listened to Yoongi's mixtape, Tae mumbled the words as he followed the road down twists and turns, the final destination being his stately home.

Jimin stared out of the window for the most part, drumming his fingers against the car door. 'you're nothing but a player'. The words hit him unexpectedly as his friend came to a stop at some red lights. The blonde sucked in his bottom lip, exhaling deeply through his nose as he tried not to let that feeling of disappointment flood through his veins.

His brown eyes met Taehyung's in the rear view mirror, the younger quickly looking away as he noticed how uncomfortable his hyung looked. Jimin sighed again and before he could stop himself, the question that plagued his mind tumbled from between his plump pink lips. "Tae, do you think I'm a player?" he asked timidly, watching his friend's expression carefully.

Taehyung let out a string of laughter as he revved the car engine back up, passing through the green light. Jimin rolled his eyes, leaning his head against the window as he sighed once more.

"Wait, you were serious?" Taehyung questions, pulling the car over. Jimin nods sheepishly, a small blush creeping on his cheeks. "I mean, kinda, you're not really one to take relationships seriously hyung." Jimin nods, silently asking his friend to continue. "Why do you care all of a sudden?"

"Someone said something" The Busan boy responded simply, giving Tae a sad smile. The boy in question bit his lip as he switches off his car.

"Who was it?"

"(Y/N)"

Taehyung paused all of his actions, looking over at his hyung incredulously. His lips form a straight line as he quirks a brow in curiosity. "But why do you care what she thinks? Everyone at school knows you have a reputation, heck even you know." The honeycomb haired boy asks, shifting slightly to look at Jimin.

The boy sighs, looking out at the road ahead of them. It's almost empty, since it's only the afternoon, it's dusty, from being over used and from the wind the carries over the sand. "I don't know" he shrugs, avoiding his younger's gaze. "She's my friend Taehyung, I care about what she thinks. Plus I may have said something that could've upset her"

Taehyung friend, not liking seeing his friend so bothered. "Hey, I'm sure whatever it is (Y/N) won't be too bothered about it, you're friends remember"

The boy offers his hyung a bright smile, to which he returns, genuinely. The younger boy starts the car again, continuing their journey back to the house.

***

"Aish (Y/N)" Mina whined, from her upside down position on your bed. Your gaze snapped over to her as you slowed your pacing. "I thought we agreed that you weren't going to be bothered by this"

You let a small sigh tumble past your lips as you come to a stop in the middle of your room. She looks at you, brows furrowed, lips pursed in a pout whilst her hair falls away from her face. Rolling your eyes, you move to sit cross legged on the fluffy carpet placed at the centre of your bedroom. "Minahae, Mina" you chirp, pushing a piece of popcorn past her lips. She chews it with a smile, humming in response.

"You've got to stop worrying, (Y/N)" Mina scolded, rolling over into her stomach. "I'm sure Jimin meant no harm, you're friends remember?"

Absentmindedly, you smiled at your friends concern, she always looked out for you. Yoon Mina had been your best friend since middle school. When everyone started there, she sat next to you in your first homeroom because she could tell how her nervous you were, she had quickly disappeared afterward though, leaving you slightly saddened. At lunch, you'd met up with Jimin and Taehyung who had coincidentally met Mina's cousin, Seokjin. You'd spent the entire lunch period gossiping about your interests and making yourselves better friends.

You popped a piece of popcorn into your mouth, enjoying that sweet and salty taste that invaded your tongue. "Yah! I know that Mina, it's just that, Jimin has never flirted with me before, it just made me uncomfortable y'know" you paused, grabbing a handful of the light snack. "He didn't even stop when I asked him to unnie"

The older girl sat up straight, nodding in agreement when you voiced your thoughts. You took a moment to look at her, she had long silky black hair that framed her pale face perfectly, a grey beanie topped it off matching her autumn like attire. She wore a red flannel and blue denim shorts, her timberlands resting in the corner your room. She had a few ear piercings on her left ear and donned circular black rimmed glasses. "But why do you care that he flirts with you?" She asked softly, her tongue soothing over her chapped pink lips. "You get comments like this from boys all the time, and I don't blame them, you're a god dammed goddess!"

"Unnie!" You shrieked playfully, chucking a handful of the popped snack at her, some of it managed to tangle in her thick black locks and she giggled as she chucked a pillow at you. "He's Jimin, that's why, we've been friends for years and this is just weird for him"

Mina nodded her head in understanding, combing through her thick locks to get rid of the popcorn. "Do you think it's cause he likes you?"

Your eyes dropped to the floor, any traces of a smile falling flat off the face of the earth and Mina instantly regretted her words. She knew how sensitive you were about it, since you'd had an unrequited crush on Jimin for a few years now. "Aish, Mina could we just drop it? We both know that's not the reason why."

Mina agreed silently, looking over to your bowl of popcorn. "Hey, I think we're out of popcorn, you wanna go get some more?"

You nodded standing up and pulling your friend up with you, god she was lazy. You headed down the stairs before Mina, being careful not to slide down the hard wood of the staircase. "Unnie? When we get back to my room, maybe you could pick a movie?"

"Sounds good!"

You grinned at her, moving over to the kitchen once you'd reached the bottom floor. Mina came down shortly after you, planning to wait at the kitchen island whilst you worked, that was until the door opened. It was the click of the lock that caught Mina's attention, as she moved from the staircase to the door. It opened to reveal Taehyung, her cousin's best friend who was tossing his car keys up and down in his right hand.

"TaeTae!" She beamed at the younger boy, smiling over at him. It took said boy, a second to realise that his sister's best friend was greeting him, before he offered her a boxed smile. "Annyeong!"

"Annyeonghaseo!" He chirped back, moving into the house, that was when he revealed Jimin.

Mina could feel her button nose scrunch up in annoyance as her eyes fell over the boy who had been the source of her best friend's distress over the past few days. She allowed a small growl to tumble from her lips as her hazelnut orbs met his chestnut ones. "Oh." She sighed. "It's you"

"Annyeong to you too, noona" Jimin chuckled, addressing the girl before him formally. Mina wasn't that much older than Jimin only by a few months since she was the same age as Jin. She rolled her eyes at the younger male.

"What are you doing here?"

"I live here" came Tae's response, causing Mina to smack him upside the head. "Ah! Noona!"

"Yah, pabo!" She scolded, before pointing her finger at the blonde that stood next to a quivering Taehyung. "I mean him"

Jimin let his small hand sift through his caramel blonde locks, as she smiled at Mina nervously. "I came here to study with Taehyung, I promise"

The raven haired girl chose not to respond, turning to the kitchen to call out for her makane. "Yah! (Y/N) hurry up! Your idiot brother is making me lose brain cells"

Mina looked over to the boys as a defenceless Tae whined about how she was being mean, whilst Jimin tried to comfort him. Soon after, you emerged from the kitchen, a fresh bowl of popcorn in hand and two cartons of banana milk under your arms. Mina removed the cartons, holding them for her makane. "Coming Unnie!" You called back.

"Oh hi Tae oppa!" You grinned, not noticing Jimin who stood staring at you, taking in your appearance. Your hair was pulled underneath a pink bobble head beanie, whilst you donned a baggy pink shirt (which Jimin was convinced belonged to Taehyung) with white shorts. "Wanna come watch a movie with-?"

Your smile dropped when you noticed Jimin standing next to your brother, it took all of your will not to drop the bowl too. It was like all of the air had been sucked out of the room, being replaced by a thick and suffocating tension. "J-jimin?"

"Annyeong!" He smiled hesitantly as your gaze turned stone cold. The blonde watched as Mina lightly tugged on arm. She must've whispered something about going upstairs because Jimin was forced to watch as you attempted to slip back into your room.

He tried not to seem hurt when you ignored him, seeing that his stupid flirting had affected you more than it should have. Jimin definitely tried to ignore the searing pain his chest when you caught eyes, yours filled with anger and annoyance.

Unedited
Words: 2.2k

A/N: this is my longest chapter yet!! The drama is just beginning :D

Oh yeah, and strong power thank you for 168 views, my HEARTU is weak

Also congrats to our boys on all the awards they've won at the MAMAs!! They worked so hard, and so did ARMY during the voting portion! Team work makes the dream work <3

Be sure to follow me on tumblr and BTS Amino! Where I may post updates about this Story <3

Tumblr: @chimchimsbeanie

BTS Amino: @_chimchimsbeanie

BYEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 866 44
She ran through the corridor and barged into the room without knocking, gaining his attention. "Why?" Her voice broke as she was trying hard not to c...
567 100 18
"Seoyoon?" You turn to look at his nervous form. You gently reach his hands and intertwine with yours. You smile at him reassuringly. "You okay? You...
117K 4.2K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
2.8K 281 50
"I want... I- stay. I want you to stay," I stuttered the words, admitting them softly. "You come by and then you leave. You don't stay. You don't sta...