Low

By Animallover55

*Book 2 of the Saint J's Boys* "Please," Logan gave me a heartwarming smile. "Call me Lo." "Alright," I cross... More

Prologue
Chapter 1--Cheers, To A Good Day
Chapter 2--Chicken Omelette's or Strawberry Jam Toast?
Chapter 3--Waltzing Into Your Life
Chapter 4--Bad Case of Swedish Fish
Chapter 5--Playing Jenga
Chapter 6--Dogs Before Dames
Chapter 7--Confetti Poppers For Those That Die
Chapter 8--That 80's Grooving
Chapter 9--The Kind Demonic One-Eyed Cat
Chapter 10--Clint Eastwood Would Be Proud
Chapter 11--Something Forced, Something Fake
Chapter 11.5--In A Few Years, Look Back And Smile
Chapter 12--The Cake From France
Chapter 13--Turning Alright
Chapter 14--You'd Think Game Of Thrones Is Already Awkward Enough
Chapter 15--The Matching Black Widow Sibilings
Chapter 16--Wishing There's A Turn Off Switch
Chapter 16.5--Dirty Dancing 2.0
Chapter 17--Double The Trouble Like Jessie And James
Chapter 17.5--The Proper Distance To Keep Away From A Campfire
Chapter 18--Thanksgiving With The Sanders
Chapter 19--The Truth Isn't Always What You Want
Chapter 19.5--Thanksgiving With The Williamson's
Chapter 20--Whipping That Whipped Cream
Chapter 21--Let's Play A Little Game, Shall We?
Chapter 21.5--Even Dancing Doesn't Relieve This Tension
Chapter 22--It's The Thought That Truly Counts
Chapter 23.5--The Only Person I Want To Dance With
Chapter 24--Throw Your Middle Finger Up To Society
Chapter 25--The Bad Case Of Loneliness
Chapter 26--But Really, What Do You Want?
Chapter 27--Lonely Little Fellow
Chapter 27.5--We're All Eagles With Badass Scars
Chapter 28--Angsty Teen Books People Seem To Love
Chapter 29--Sometimes Running Away Helps
Chapter 30--Welcome to Miami
Chapter 31--The Misfits of the Misfits
Chapter 32--The Best Boy You Could Have Asked For
Chapter 33--The Pizza Man is a Monumental Betrayal
Chapter 34-Where is the Zen in Buddha Bowls?
Chapter 35--He Kissed A Boy, But He Didn't Like It
Chapter 36--I'll Be Good
Chapter 37--- Finding Yourself
Chapter 38 -- Finding Your Dance Partner
Epilogue
Author's Note
New Story - Mason

Chapter 23--Meet The Saint J's Boys

1.9K 177 77
By Animallover55

Logan

The day of the banquet is one of those days where all the staff is working. I mean all the staff. Plus a few people we hire to make sure everything is running smoothly. Along with extra waiters and photographers that help set up before getting ready for the big night. The point is, everyone starts working at sunrise. The rest of the night is mayhem.

The Weirdos are supposedly arriving in the middle of the day, which is why I'm surprised when I hear the doorbell ring. I get up from my bed and look out the window. Several gardeners are running around stringing more lights. Caterers are making their way around the backyard where the tent has been set up. I see a few people carrying some of the Winter Wonderland lights. But through all the chaos, I see a small white car start to drive away.

"Logan," I hear my mom yell up the stairs. I grab a shirt, quickly putting it on before making my way to the staircase. Veronica and Hudson are doing what I was doing—hiding out in their room. Mainly because staying out of everyone's way is the best thing to do. My mom yells again, "Your friend is here."

That doesn't make any sense. The Weirdos aren't supposed to arrive until the party starts. I come into view and walk down the steps to see who's at the door. With my Christmas tree in the middle, my sight is slightly blocked. A wide smile spreads on my face as soon as I see the quirky giant.

Mason Rye-Welborn, one of my best friends from high school. He's the tallest one out of the four of us. The slant kind of tall that makes him look exceptionally scrawny and awkward. His shoulders are tensed up, the leather jacket making him look more like a World War II fanatic than a badass. His glasses are pushed up on his nose, his head hanging down in embarrassment as my mom asks him how he is. One of the staff walks up to him to take away the tuxedo he has on a hanger.

"Mason!" I shout while quickly jogging down the rest of the steps. He looks up from the ground, a smile spreading on his face and relief clear in his eyes.

"Hey," He says in a quiet voice. His hand lifts in a hesitant wave. Mason has never been a big converser. In full honesty, he's the most-timid guy I've ever met. Under his arm is a book...you'll never catch him without a book. Finding him without a book is the equivalent of finding the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot.

I walk up towards him and pull him into a hug. He smiles, hugging me back just as tightly. It's been a long time since I've seen him in person. We video chat or talk over the phone, but last time I saw him was at his college graduation. "What are you doing here?" I ask pulling away.

"Your mom invited us," He answers.

"Us?" I ask confused.

"The other guys couldn't make it. But I brought my laptop," Mason's free hand holds onto the strap of his backpack. "I figured we could call them."

"You kids have fun," My mom says as we walk up the stairs. "Lunch will be served soon."

Mason smiles gently as we make it into the hallway towards my bedroom. "I love your mom Lo," Mason manages.

I smirk, "You can't even look her in the eye."

"I can't look anyone in the eye. Have you met me?" I laugh at Mason's comment. He's right though. It took him forever to trust Aaron. Then when he became a part of our group it got a bit better. We thought Mason was becoming more social when in relativity it's just that he trusted us. That's the thing about Mason: He's an antisocial nerd that only opens up to his best friends. I promise you he's not this comfortable around in the outside world.

"Are your parents coming?" I ask closing my door behind me. I pick up a sweatshirt from my bed and toss it into my closet along with my shoes.

Mason takes a seat on my bed, crossing his legs Indian style, and grabbing his laptop from his bag. He hunches over his laptop. I'm not sure how someone so tall can ball up the way he does. "Uh no..." Mason answers clicking away on the keyboard. His eyes narrow and he pushes his glasses up his nose. "They wanted to but figured it would be better to just send me."

He starts logging onto Skype, sending a message on his phone. I get a notification and realize he's talking in the group chat. "So tell me about this cruise trip you're starting in a few weeks?" I ask. I scoot all the way to the end of my bed to lean against the frame. Another thing about Mason—you have to initiate the conversations because her certainly won't.

His face pales and he looks up at me with dread. "My parents are making me go," He says quickly shaking his head. "If it were up to me I wouldn't go."

I laugh, "How long is it again?"

Mason scoffs, "Like three months."

"You're going to get to see the world!" I argue. Deep down, I know he's going to get sea sick. Lord have mercy on the child.

"I like my room more than the world," Mason leans his chin onto his hand. "If I want to be at the beach, I just go onto YouTube. Hell, I've technically been swimming with whales. Someone in Iceland live streamed his swim online."

"You'd think someone from San Fran wouldn't be so pale," I tease. Mason slightly turns red. I'm not sure if it's from anger or embarrassment. I change subject, "What if you meet a girl?"

Now Mason does look embarrassed. He starts shaking his head like it's not even a possibility. "Even if I do, do you honestly think I'll be able to talk to her?" Mason speaks quietly.

We've all tried so hard for Mason to find a girl. The guy has graduated college and is still a virgin. Jarrod makes the most fun of him. But that's because Jarrod is a low-key grade A asshole. Aaron has set up dates for Mason—they never end well. One time, Mason actually puked. If there's one thing Mason is more awkward with than people—it's people with boobs. Hell, the guy doesn't even have a mom.

I do remember trying to get Veronica to talk to him. Out of everyone in my friend group, I'm the only one with a sister. Aaron and Jarrod have little brothers, Mason is an only child, and me—well I've got Veronica. She gladly tried to talk to Mason, but he turned so red and couldn't function to say a few words that she gave up. She keeps trying to speak to him and I think now that she's engaged it'll be a bit better. But honestly...it's doubtful.

"I have hope for you," I tell him patting his shoulder. Whoever he does end up with will have to be ok with constant nerd jokes, references, and awkward moments.

"What about you?" Mason changes subject quickly. "What happened with that girl?"

I bite my lip ring. Mason knows very well what's been going on. The four of us stay updated but it's not like we give huge details. Aaron never shuts up about a girl named Parker, Jarrod mentions this girl named Skylar, Mason is as silent as the dead, and I've vaguely talked about my problem. Naturally, Jarrod tells me to go for it and Aaron says to wait. Mason has nothing to say at all over the matter. Who do I trust then? Not Jarrod.

"She's coming tonight," I decide to answer. "If you want to meet her?"

Mason thinks for a moment. Shaking his head eventually, "No I'm ok."

I let out a small laugh, folding my own feet under me. Mason takes it as a cue to call up the boys. It rings a few times before Aaron's face comes up on the screen. A few seconds later, Jarrod's is on as well—his square so dark I can't tell it's him.

"Hey Jarrod Cullen," I tease. "Mind shining some light? You look like those anonymous drug dealers from TV."

"Sta 'zitto, asshole." Jarrod says in Italian. He shows up his middle finger clear in the camera causing me to chuckle softly. I remember back in school he tried to teach all of us Italian. It's his native tongue.

"Look who came to see me," I say sitting up and putting both hands-on Mason's shoulders. I shake him up a bit, his glasses falling down his nose.

"I wish I could be there," Aaron smiles. "I'm a bit preoccupied. I did however, send your family a thank you note for the invite. It's good to see you with your family Lo."

"Where are you?" Mason asks with a frown. He squints and looks closely into the screen to try and see the background.

"Michigan," Aaron answers. Aaron Mosdenea in Michigan? That's crazy. He hates the cold more than anything. Whenever it snowed in Saint J's, Aaron would stay indoors. It's like putting a snake in Antarctica.

Elaborating, Aaron adds, "I'm spending Christmas with Parker."

"You're so cute," Jarrod coos. He then places his finger in his mouth and gags, "I could throw up."

"Oh yeah?" Aaron smirks, "And where are you Jarrod?"

Jarrod stays silent. I can't see him well and we all know he's hiding himself on purpose. "Home," He finally mutters.

The corner of Aaron's lip lifts in a cocky manner. His eyes zeroing in on Jarrod. "Why didn't you go to Lo's party? Other than your usual regular excuses?"

There's a long silence. We all stare into Jarrod's box and raise our eyebrows. Jarrod isn't a nice guy. I'm not just saying that because I personally think he's an asshole, I'm saying it because it's true. In high school, he would mess around with me. Until the one day that Aaron saw and stuck up for me. The best moment of my life was when Jarrod charged at Aaron and all Aaron did was stick his foot out. Jarrod went crashing into a table, bruising up his cheek.

Of course, the joy was short lived. After Aaron and Jarrod spent about an hour in the administrator's office, they walked out like best friends. It didn't stop Jarrod from teasing us but we do all admit that he does play a major role in the group. Jarrod: The Notorious Asshole and Womanizer. Aaron: The Glue and Adventurer. Mason: The Nerd and Antisocial. Me: The Little Rebel and Happily-Messed Up Kid. Look at us, we're like the mothering-effing Breakfast Club.

"Because of a girl," Jarrod seethes through clenched teeth. My eyebrows shoot up as well. What? He adds, "Are you happy now, stronzo?"

"Times never change," Mason mutters beside me as soon as Jarrod insults Aaron.

"That's true," Jarrod's voice sounds more uplifting—his previous anger disappearing. The corner of his lip curves up. "I'm glad you pointed that out, Mr. Virgin."

Mason's shoulders sink. He visibly turns the shade of a fire truck. "You're such a jerk," I say shaking my head. "Would it kill you to be nice for once?"

"Well being nice doesn't really help you either, does it?"

"You know," I snap. "I'm tired of cutting you slack for your bullshit. Just because you look like—"

"Alright," Aaron interrupts. He's rubbing his temple but there's a smile on his face nonetheless. I swear without Aaron we all wouldn't get along. "Logan you know Jarrod cares he's just in a constant bitch state. And Jarrod, you know without Logan you wouldn't have been able to cope. As for Mason, I hate to agree with Jarrod but we all do want you to find a girlfriend."

"Preferably one that's real and not a porn star or fictional character," Jarrod adds with his usual evil grin.

"Without me you would have failed statistics and literature," Mason interjects. "Shut up Jarrod."

We all start talking about how our lives have been. Every so often Jarrod and I will get into an argument that Aaron would break up. If there's one person on this earth that can get my blood boiling—it's Jarrod. Granted we're best friends, but that's when he's in a good mood. Jarrod has this great power of ruining good moods. Sure, we've gotten better. Now I can be in a room with him without strangling the life out of his body. But he really is the only person that elevates my anger.

Aaron talked about his project at the firm. Every once in a while, it felt like he was directly looking at me. I know he's still waiting for a one-hundred percent answer if I'll help him. I've told him I'm sixty-forty decided. But for the most part, I think I'll be working with him.

Mason stays quiet more than half of the conversation. He talks about how his parents said he has to go on the cruise. We're all jealous even though he's dreading it. Mason doesn't like to live on the 'wild side.' Whereas Aaron and Jarrod do, I'm kind of in the Ok-Zone. But Mason hates anything that isn't familiar.

"Hey Aaron," We hear a female voice say on his line. We can't see who's talking but notice Aaron look up from the screen. He pulls on earbud out and raises the corner of his lip in its usual flirty manner. He does that more often than smiling really.

"Sorry," The girl says. "I didn't mean to interrupt anything."

"I'm in a meeting," Aaron lies smoothly. "Besides, I don't consider you an interruption Birdie."

"Pierce and I want to know if you want to go into town again before we leave," The girl—who I quickly declare as Parker—says.

"Give me a few more minutes. I'll be right out." Aaron smiles. We hear retreating footsteps before Aaron adds, "Oh and Birdie, I like your jacket."

He gives her a smile I've never seen him wear before. His eyes—two distraught blackholes—actually seem to gleam with just a small bit of happiness. Aaron's past can so easily be seen in his eyes. The pain and misery. Which is why I'm suddenly taken aback by the small bit of happiness I see reflect in him. He really likes this girl. A few seconds and we hear the door close.

"Aaron, I didn't know you were such a tease," I joke. "Are you going to start stripping too?"

"She doesn't know about us?" Mason asks piecing it together. "She doesn't know about you?"

"No," Aaron sits up straighter. He looks us all directly in the camera. "And we're going to keep it this way."

"Look at you," Jarrod says almost proudly. "Professionally lying."

"I'm not lying," Aaron's frustration clear on his face. He hates liars. I think it has to do with how he grew up, but overall, he does try to stick to being a moral person. "I like her. I'm not planning on any misfortune's any time soon. You all know the whole truth. How do you expect her to react? I'm not letting anything happen to her."

I think about it for a second and find myself agreeing. Lying is probably the worst thing you can do—but Aaron isn't technically lying. He's hiding. Mason speaks up first, "Be careful Aaron. When you do end up telling her, there's no knowing what will happen."

"I know," Aaron smiles softly at the small bit of wisdom. "But uh...I gave her the jacket for Christmas."

"The first one to do it," Mason smiles softly. "I guess that means I'll have to talk to her at some point, huh?"

"I want to meet this girl," I add. "How long until you're dating?"

Aaron smirks, "She'll be my girlfriend by next month."

"So confident Mosdenea," Jarrod laughs. Confidence is something that Jarrod always seemed to have until recently. "Don't settle down with your first official girlfriend."

"It's not settling when every day is an adventure," Aaron winks. "I've got to go. I'll talk to you all soon. Lo, have fun tonight. I'm glad Mason is there. You both dance and socialize. I'm glad you're with your family. Tell Veronica hello. Mason, have fun on the cruise. I expect you to text me how it goes. And Jarod...It's going to be ok. Tell Andi I say hi and keep me posted on how you and that girl advance."

"Will do Captain," I salute. "Tell Pierce we all say hello."

"Alright," Aaron smiles. "Bye guys."

He logs off, leaving the three of us. I instantly feel my eyebrow raise up and I stare at Jarrod. Now with Aaron gone, I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his filter. Taking a breath Jarrod asks, "Did you like the car? I helped your dad choose it."

"Amazing," I say honestly. Maybe he's in a good mood and I don't have to deal with his attitude. "I love it."

Jarrod smirks, "I know."

I roll my eyes, There's the Jarrod I know.

"Are you going to let us see you or just stay in the dark?" Mason asks softly.

"I'll stay in the dark," He answers without hesitation.

I sigh out, "Jarrod—"

"Don't," His hand comes up and he takes a deep breath to control himself. I guess that's something else about Jarrod, his stubbornness combined with cockiness and now anger has him swirling around like a tornado. "Just please don't."

"Is the girl you're talking to blind?" I ask to tease. After saying it through, I instantly feel regretful. I guess that was a low blow from me.

"Asshole," Jarrod shakes his head. To get back at me he adds, "At least she doesn't have a boyfriend. I don't understand why you don't just go for it."

Several reasons spring into my head. Jarrod lacks a few moral values. Putting up with him in high school was a challenge. Especially because he would get exceptionally cocky about being the oldest in our group. The only voice of reason he ever seems to listen to is Aaron.

"My conscious won't let me," I answer. "Considering I have one and you don't."

Jarrod lets out a small laugh. "Sorry I'm not there today," He finally says. "As much as I love ditching you, I stayed here because one—social gatherings aren't my thing anymore. And two—Skylar didn't say she wanted me to stay but I could tell anyways."

"You're as whipped as Aaron," I roll my eyes.

"Aaron isn't whipped," Mason finally chimes in. His logic and analyzing starts to factor into his words, "He has respect for Parker as much as she has for him. Jarrod on the other hand only respects himself so yeah...whipped."

"I'm not whipped," Jarrod clenches his teeth. As if proving our point, the door of his bedroom suddenly bursts open. In the background, we can see the flood of light and the body of a girl at the doorway.

"Jesus Christ," The girl says. "What are you doing in here? Summoning Satan?"

"What are you doing here Skylar?" Jarrod asks. He tightens the strings on his sweatshirt and pulls them closer. We can't see the girl very well, but it looks like her hair is as dark as mine with colored tips. I kind of smile because she looks like a Weirdo. The ripped jeans and Rock N Roll T-shirt. That was never Jarrod's style, what the hell is happening here?

"Andi let me in," She throws a pair of keys that bounce off of Jarrod's shoulder. He lets out a small ground as she says, "Come on Twilight. We're going to the fields."

Jarrod rubs his shoulder where the keys hit him, "Did it ever occur to you I'm busy?"

"Did it ever occur to you that I don't give a fuck?" Skylar says making me laugh. I like her already. "We're leaving in ten and taking Pompeii."

"You can't take Pompeii without me." Jarrod clenches his jaw and I can see his hand ball up into a fist.

"Watch me babe," Skylar closes the door.

Mason and I grin at each other, trying hard not to laugh again. Jarrod puts his finger up at the camera. He starts shaking his head, "Don't say it."

I bite my lip ring, but the sound of a whip cracking escapes my lips. Mason starts to laugh beside me. Putting his fingers under his glasses to press into his closed eyes. "It's nice to know that if you were gay, you'd be attracted to me Jarrod." I say with a laugh.

"Vaffanculo," Jarrod curses in Italian. He taught me a long time ago that it's the F-bomb. I shrug it off just as he closes out of the video chat.

I'm glad I got to talk to them all together. Usually we just stay communicated through text. Or sometimes I'll call one of them up but we hardly find time for the four of us to get together. I smile at the screen, even though it's only Mason and I's reflections.

"Alright," I turn to look at Mason. "We should probably start getting ready. My other friends are going to be here soon."

I check my phone just to make sure. As I expected, my Weirdos group chat had exploded with messages. They're all carpooling together. My dad decided that because the girls would have big dresses, it would have been better to drive in style and comfort. A limousine is going to pick them all up from their homes before bringing them here.

"Fine," Mason grumbles. "But then we play chess."

****************

"You look dashing boy," I say happily. I've just finished attaching Sur's bow onto his neck. For a dog, he looks great. Especially because Veronica decided that taking him to a groomer would make him look and smell cleaner.

He wags his tail at me. I give him a few treats before checking my watch. The black Rolex I got for Christmas is actually very nice and matches my new lip ring. The time tells me that people should start to arrive soon. I stand back up, looking myself over in the mirror. My hair is neatly combed, the tuxedo is kind of restricting compared to my usual comfortable clothing.

I can't lie though, I look pretty good. I don't remember the last time I was in a tuxedo, but I promise I probably look better now. I look like an emo-goth James Bond. It's actually pretty snazzy.

"Logan," I hear my name called. The click of heels instantly tells me it's Veronica. "People are arriving. We're supposed to greet them."

"Come on," I tap my leg letting Sur know to follow. We walk out of the room and quickly make our way downstairs. My house is about to open to hundreds of people. Luckily, everyone ends up under the tents outside. It's where the music plays, dancing happens, and food is served. The living room in my house is basically a small socializing area, but for the most part people only come in to admire the Christmas tree or use the bathroom.

I start feeling nervous. It's been years since I've been a part of the Williamson Banquet. It's gotten bigger. Everything is laced in Christmas lights and decorations. But what I'm dreading is the awkward questions I'm going to have to answer to snobby people.

Veronica is wearing a navy-blue dress that clings to her body. Leave it to Vero to show off her body. I roll my eyes and walk up to her. I hear a few camera clicks and look over my shoulder. That's another thing newly added to our banquet—the photographers. It's like having our very own paparazzi that follows everyone. They're less annoying but they are being paid to take as many "wonderful pictures" as possible.

That first car pulls up, our valet holding the door open. My dad instantly recognizes them. I'm probably going to have to bullshit my way through remembering people tonight. I don't remember anyone but my parent's best friends and few very important or famous people. Like when Steve Jobs came when I was younger. He was slightly disappointed to see me holding an Android but then I showed him my iPad.

I shake their hands and gaze out as they move down my family. The sun is setting, all the lights coming to life. In the distance I can already see more headlights as they start to pull into our driveway.

My driveway and house start to slowly fill up with people. Most move to the tent where the live music has begun playing. Waiters walk around holding small appetizers and glasses of champagne. I shake about a hundred hands. Most people are happy to see me. A few give me looks of disapproval when they see my lip ring. Finally, my parents let Veronica and I go from our job of greeting people.

I sigh in relief, calling Sur to heel. I make my way to the tent. The inside is nice, cozy, and warm. More importantly, it's huge. The dance floor is like a ballroom. I scan the area, everyone is kind of old. I don't think I see any people my age. When I was just a little kid, I would greet everyone and then escape to my room where I would play videogames. My mom would always find me and have to pull me away.

My eyes finally land on Mason. He's curled up in the corner by the radiator reading his book. I make my way towards him, pulling up a seat to sit beside him. "This tent reminds me of Harry Potter," I tell him.

The corner of his lip raises up in a smile. Mason loves Harry Potter. Even though he says he's more of a Lord of the Rings fan. "You mean how in the Wizarding World you can make small spaces big?" He asks.

"Exactly," I grin back. My hand naturally reaching for Sur's head to pet him. We all know better than to interrupt when Mason is reading, but right now I don't care. I'd rather talk to him than get bored doing nothing.

"Do you think our group is like the Marauders?" I ask. A photographer walks by, asking us to post together, which we do. Even though Mason look away from the camera as soon as the man presses the button.

Mason sticks a napkin into his book and closes it. I've obviously peaked his interest or else he would have kept reading. "I don't know," He finally answers. "I mean...I think we all have different personalities that don't necessarily fit with the Marauders. Example: Aaron would totally be James but he's also quiet and low-key like Remus."

"Well then roles-wise," I shrug. I lean to the side of the chair, kicking my legs up on the arm rests to swing my feet. I frankly don't care what people are going to say. One of the waiters stops by and I grab a few appetizers, feeding one to Sur. "You're the nerd of the group which makes you Remus. Although we all know that if someone was going to be a werewolf it would be Jarrod."

"See that's my point," Mason puts his finger up. I swear the only conversations he ever looks excited for are the ones where he talks about books. Not just fictional books, but biographies too. "We can call ourselves a group like the Marauders because we're a group of four, but we're too different to be the Marauders."

"Ok well if you had to choose a Marauder for me," I lean on the table. "Who?"

Mason thinks for a moment. I can almost see the way his mind is working behind his glasses. Finally, he nods, "Sirius."

I smile, "I'm ok with that."

There's a small bit of commotion behind me. I don't even have to turn around without figuring out who it is. Mason gives me a hesitant smile, "I think your friends are here."

I turn to look over my shoulder. Harper walks in first and I suddenly feel nervous, happy, and angry all at once. My heartrate actually starts to beat faster. The last time we were together was when we almost kissed. When I pulled away. I bite my lip ring hard because damn does she look beautiful.

I smile softly as all the Weirdos file in. All of them looking around with wide eyes and in awe. I want to admire all of them, but my eyes stay locked on Harper. Her dress is simple compared to Kris and Mikala's. A burgundy color but nothing too big or too tight. Half of her hair up with the rest down. My hands start to feel sweaty.

Her eyes finally seem to find mine. A smile suddenly wraps around her lips and I can't help but smile back. I'm so screwed. My head suddenly feels empty and all I can hear is the beating of my heart.

In a soft voice I say to Mason, "Yeah...That's them."

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Disclaimer: Thanksgiving = Fav holiday ever. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

I split this chapter in half, as Demi Lovato says, Sorry Not Sorry. But hey, it might have felt like a filler, I promise if y'all read back on this later once I've finished my books it's going to make you so happy. Yeah, I've already planned out my next two books. Tell me, what do you think of Mason? He'll be in the next chapter too but FYI, he's in my next book :) 

What did you think of the Saint J's boys? Aaron made a small cameo, but thoughts on Mason and Jarrod???

Please click that vote button :) Means a lot to me. Lemme know what you think. 

Other than that, I'm looking forward to next chapter. Hope you are too. Till then, love y'all. 

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 8.9K 88
(#1- best story ever) November 2021 Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections ...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...
81.8K 3.7K 34
Everyone thought Sky and Callen would be the annoying couple who would get the fairytale "Happy ever after" ending. They met and fell helplessly in l...
19.7K 800 19
Michael and Liam are madly in love. Or so they think. How madly in love could you be when you've only just started talking? Liam has always been a he...