His Queen

By Alice_Wonderland36

The Kingdom of Asgard was in desperate need of a true leader. The former king let jealousy blind his judgment... More

His Queen
Prologue {part. 1}
Prologue {part.2}
Prologue {part. 3}
Land of Vinum {part.1}
Land of Vinum {part.2}
Home {part.1}
Home {part.2}
Training {part.1}
Training {part.2}
Raiders {part.1}
Raiders {part.2}
Raiders {part.3}
Conference {part.1}
Conference {part.2}
The Letter {part.1}
The Letter {part.2}
Preparation
Safe Travels {part.1}
Safe Travels {part.2}
Arrival {part.1}
Arrival {part.2}
The Ball {part.1}
The Ball {part.3}
Untold Secrets
The Meeting (unedited)
The Meeting {part 2}
Healing {part. 1-unedited}
Healing {part. 2-unedited}
Healing {part. 3-unedited}
Research
Practice {part. 1-unedited}
Not an Update
Practice {part.2-unedited}
Practice {part. 3-unedited}
Flower Fields {unedited}
Fiona
The Argument
The Argument {part.2-unedited}
Departure {part. 1-unedited}
Departure {part.2-unedited}
Bad News {unedited}
Captured {part 1-unedited}
Back Home {part.1-unedited}
Back Home {part. 2}
Back Home {part.3}
The Search
The Deal {unedited}
The Deal {part.2-unedited}
The Deal {part.3-unedited}
The Return {part.1-unedited}
The Return {part.2-unedited}
The Return {part.3-unedited}
The Promise {unedited}
Resolution {part.1-unedited}
Resolution {part.2-unedited}
Realization
The Battle
Recovery
Epilogue
End

The Ball {part.2}

2.7K 203 16
By Alice_Wonderland36

   Changes- Charles Bradley

~~~~~~~~~

  Returning to my room there really wasn't much I could do, but I knew I absolutely did not want to think about that power breakdown. I laid on my stomach by the green wall and touched the vines, I let red roses grow on the vines as well as blue poppies. Walking into the bathroom I inspected the damage Fergus left behind. A cut ran along my cheek bones, and my hair was in shambles. I looked down at my leg to see the dried blood down my leg, whispering a little spell the wounds began to clean itself. There was no point in fixing my hair so I just left the bathroom. Letting out a loud over exaggerated sigh I jumped on my bed.

  I looked around my room I noticed the blue box, Piper and Jericho gave me. I hadn't open it yet I was too preoccupied to even think about it. I was about to open it when someone knocked on the door.

  In Sierra walked with two other maids flanking behind her. There eyes went wide when they saw me I expected it to be because of my hair. It was in pretty bad shape right now.

  "Hello," I greeted.

The two girls looked down immediately refusing to meet my gaze. They reminded me of Sierra when I first met her, scared.

  "Hello your majesty," they said in unison.

  "We are here to help you get ready for the ball your highness," Sierra said.

  "Oh yes of course, well lead the way I guess," I said.

  I was ushered to the bathroom and stripped down as they filled the bath with warm water and scented oils. I stepped inside and each went to their pre destined spots I guess. Sierra worked on my hair, while the one maid had the task of washing my body, and the last one was shaving my legs. They worked in silence which I hated so I started up a conversation.

  "I find it rude on my behalf that I know Sierra's name, but didn't take the time to get to know yours," I said. "Do you mind giving me your names please," I asked. They hesitated at first but gave them anyway.

  "My name is Lia your majesty and this is Pearl," Lia said.

  "It's a pleasure to meet you two," I said kindly.

  "It is a pleasure to meet you too," Lia said with a smile.

  Pearl I could tell wasn't much of a talker, but she did give me a warm smile as well.

   "Do any of you have a clue what would be at this ball?," I asked.

  "Unfortunately no your majesty, Finley had made it his mission to keep everything a secret," this came from Sierra.

  "That's too bad, but I guess it leaves something to look forward to later," I said. My giddiness must have really shined through because both Lia and Sierra laughed softly and Pearl cracked a smile.

  "You must really like parties your majesty," Lia commented.

  "Oh absolutely my mother would plan the grandest balls and every person in the kingdom was invited. She would have these giant balls of light that would explode into tiny pixie fluorescents," I exclaimed.

  "Giant balls of light?," Lia questioned.

  "Yeah you would pull that from within it's a simple spell really," I explained. Lia still looked confused. "It would be better if I showed you," I said.

  I cupped my hands into a ball and focused my energy into it, my hands grew warmer as the light grew brighter. I let the ball grow to the size of a small basketball, and then lifted it into the air. It floated for a few seconds and then exploded, with out making an explosive noises. Little fairy lights floated in the air changing colors and there they stayed.

  I looked back to Lia and Pearl and they had the most shocked look on their faces. I assumed Sierra had the same look on her face as well.

  "How did you do that?," Pearl asked.

  "Magic," I laughed.

  Sierra was the first to snap out of it and continued washing my hair.

  "Anyway back to the balls, she would have different themes for each one, I helped pick out a few. My mother would show out with the most gorgeous dress each time that surpassed all her previous dresses. And there would be dancing, so much dancing with the most beautiful songs being played," I took a moment to catch my breath I was talking so fast. "And at the end would be these magic shows, well now that I think about it they were more of stories being told through magic. Using pixie dust," I said.

  "These balls sound beautiful, how often do you have them," Sierra asked.

"Well...we hadn't had one in nine years going on ten," I said.

  "Why not they sound glorious?," Pearl questioned.

  "My...uh...my mother passed away almost a decade ago, and I guess with everything that went on it just didn't feel right," I said.

  "We're sorry," Pearl said sincerely.

  "Oh don't be, you didn't know," I said brushing it off.

  A few minutes went on in silence, and I was grateful for it. It gave me a moment to go through past memories.

  "Well your majesty I think it's about time we get you out of the bath, your fingers are starting to prune up," Lia said.

  I got out of the water and wrapped myself in a towel. Pearl immediately went to work and rubbed coconut oil into my skin to make it soft. Sierra once again went through the painfully annoying process of detangling my main. And Lia gave my nails a nice manicure.

  Sierra styled my hair into side-parted sleeked down ponytail. With the rest of my hair fluffed out in the back. For the makeup I chose to keep the lids neutral sticking with a light brown. I added the usual shimmer to my cheek bones and collar bone. I hadn't decided on a lip color yet so I slipped to the dresses.

  I had absolutely no idea what I was going to wear at all. I didn't know if there was a specific dress code they had. I walked into the closet and started searching like a mad woman.

"Sierra, Lia, Pearl I need help, it's an emergency," I shouted.

They immediately came rushing in on high alert, they looked around frantically.

"What are you guys doing?," I asked.

"We thought something was wrong," Sierra said exasperated.

"There is something wrong...I have no idea what I'm going to wear," I said in a duh tone.

"We meant like death related," Lia added.

"This is a death related situation, if I don't pick out the perfect dress I'm going to die. Now please help me, there's so many options," I said.

"Okay how about this orange one?," Sierra asked.

"That dress is too tight, I wouldn't be able to breath in it," I criticized.

"How about this black one," Lia said.

"Black is too depressing of a color, I want something a little more lively, but not yellow," I countered.

"What about this one?," Pearl asked.

It was this beautiful dark blue deep v-neck dress that would most likely fall past my ankles. It was long sleeved with cuffs around the wrists, and it had this wrap belt that I knew would cinch my waist perfectly.

"I love it," I exclaimed.

Pearl helped me into the dress and with the wrap belt. The deep neck line showed a nice amount of cleavage to still make me look modest. I stuck with a simple pair of lace high heels. I finally thought of the perfect lip color, a matte red lipstick.

I looked towards the girls and did a slow turn.

"How do I look?," I asked.

"Beautiful," they all said in unison.

"I would like to thank you again for everything," I said sincerely.

"The pleasure was all ours your majesty," Pearl said.

"Now it's time to get you to that ball," Lia said excitedly.

Pearl and Lia unfortunately had to go back to their rooms, and it was Sierra who led me to the ball room. The closer we got the sicker the feeling in my stomach got.

"So are the guest already there?," I asked nonchalantly.

"Most likely they were all asked to come early so that you could make your grand entrance," Sierra said.

"Well isn't that just perfect," I said.

I could my palms start to sweat and my heart beat was picking up. Sierra must have noticed me panicking because she put her arm around my shoulders and gave me a squeeze.

"You will do fine your majesty, if it's anything like the first time I met you they will adore you," she said encouragingly.

"Thank you Sierra, for everything," I said quietly.

"Your very welcome your majesty," she said.

We arrived in front of the double doors, two guards on either side stood tall. They greeted me with a smile which I gladly returned. I took one final deep breath and let my "Im a Queen" mask fall into place.

"Knock them dead your majesty," Sierra whispered before leaving the hall.

The two guards opened the doors and I walked in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pretty short chapter I know, when I was thinking about this part I was thinking the ball scene would be in this chapter as well, but it felt better to split it up. Here's a picture of the dress if you were curious.
So like the dummy that I am I didn't add a picture, but then I changed my mind about the color so now it's blue...teehee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 114K 66
Winter was born and breed to become the Queen of Rogues. She was never going back down. Winter didn't care if you were the best of the best she will...
117K 3.8K 69
Arabella's and Hardin's story continues.... After almost three years of blissful marriage, and reigning as King and Queen, our star crossed lovers ca...
76.4K 3K 21
β”€β”€β˜… Λ™πŸ“π‚π‹π€π”πƒπ„ 𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐆𝐄𝐑 πŽππ„π‹πˆπ€ 𝐗 π…π„πŒ! π‚πŽππ‚π”ππˆππ„! 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐗 π•π€π‘πˆπŽπ”π’(?) ̟ !! ❝Did the idea of being a pa...
327K 18.5K 37
Ayana is a strong woman, and just turning 21 and now it's her time to be passed over to her mate. One that she has never met, and could never love, b...