Remember Me [F I N I S H E D...

By StoryGirl5169

Rosalie-Marylin 'Rose-Mary' Bloomwood is a small town country girl who would rather spend her days working on... More

Author's Note
Remember Me [1]
Remember Me [2]
Remember Me [3]
Remember Me [4]
Remember Me [5]
Remember Me [6]
Remember Me [7]
Remember Me [8]
Remember Me [9]
Remember Me [10]
Remember Me [12]
Remember Me [13]
Remember Me [14]
Remember Me [15]
Remember Me [16]
Remember Me [17]
Remember Me [18]
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!
Remember Me [19]
Remember Me [20]

Remember Me [11]

2K 19 15
By StoryGirl5169

                                           - C H A P T E R  E L E V E N - 

Where was I?

I was standing in a field of fresh green grass, dancing as the wind whistled through my ears. There were little daisies scattered around the ground like confetti and they swayed side to side to the tune of the sweet melodies by the birds that flew over my head and some sitting on a branch of a tree. The trees had perfectly shaped leaves and it was filled with bright red apples that made me lick my lips twice. They twinkled as the sun reflected on them and it was as if it were calling me to eat it. 

The sky was completely blue, cloudless. The great ball of fire was acting as a disco ball as usual and always brought cheerfulness and smiles. Above my head were five stunnign steaks of colours that made every beautiful thing here seem dull. It was almost as if I were able to touch the rainbow but only it faded away before I was able to reach out to it. But another appeared behind me as if it wanted to play catch with me. 

Unusually, the place was empty. Deserted. 

How would a beautiful place like this not be full of kids, teens and adults or even animals? And why was it empty? 

"Rosalie," a feminine voice echoed. "Rosalie-Marilyn Bloowmwod."

Nobody ever called me by that name. I was just known as Rose-Mary Bloomwood not Rosalie-Marilyn Bloomwood. That was my birth name but because people found the name to long to say, I changed my name to Rose-Mary instead, making it easier for the people. Even dad was tired of saying it, even though he loved the name. He would sometimes call me Rosalie or Rose or even Marilyn but he stopped calling me my original name completely after my mother’s death. She, my mother, was the only person I recalled calling me that name because I was given a beautiful name so I should be called after it. But since she has passed away, that name did not really exist anymore. It was mainly because it reminded us of mum, not that we don't think of her anyway but it just brought sadness to the house

"Rosalie," the soft, gently voice called again. 

I jerked my head up to the sky and then to my left and right but nothing was there. I wasn't sure whether I was hearing things or whether the voice that was calling me was actually there. 

"Hello?" I said, quietly. "Is anybod-"

I was cut off by a shimmering light standing before my eyes. I instantly pulled my hand up and held it above my eyes, avoiding the light in case it made me blind. Carefully, I separated my two fingers to peak through to see what was going on. I should be feeling scared but instead I was feeling safe and secured like nothing was ever going to harm me whilst this light was here. 

"Rose," it said again but this time I recognised the voice. 

Could it really be her? My mum? 

"Mum?" I whimpered, not being able to keep in the tears. The more I moved my hand away from my eyes, the more the shimmering figure disappeared. 

"Be strong," I heard her say as her voice began to fade away. 

I squinted my eyes and tried to get a tiny glance at her but it was too bright. Not being able to resist the strong light anymore, I cupped my eyes once more and everything went black again. I could still feel the light on my face so I reached out my arm towards her sparking body and just as I almost touched her, the light had disappeared, along with my mother. I didn't even get one glimpse of her.

"Rose, Rose, Rose-Mary?" the voice now sounded different. It sounded gentle but shaky. "Wake up, please?"

I felt a force on my stomach and felt a tsunami of water jumping out of my mouth like a roller coaster. My eyelids suddenly opened and the place I was in had disappeared. The shimmering figure had also vanished and I was back in Lakeside. My sight was blurry for a second but it returned to normal.

One glance at the water made me shiver with fear a little. I didn't want to look at it because it made my stomach feel painful and weird. I'm still alive and I was so close to dying. The fact that I was about to meet my death was still very hard and frightening to take it. It was a miracle I survived. 

I felt myself vibrating and my heart beating faster and faster. I gasped for some air and choked out some water. I was petrified from the incident and cold from the breeze of the summer wind. I gulped and sat up a little and looked around. There were about ten eyes staring at me with both relief and worry. I didn't know any of them but they looked like they've been so worried. I noticed the two little boys I saw earlier, jumping up and down with joy. They chanted "The girl woke up! The girl woke up!"  

"Rose," Eric said, sighing with relief. "You're okay." 

Eric was just as wet as I was. He had water dripping from his hair and I noticed that he was shirtless but this time I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. I was just glad he too was alright. His trousers were creating a puddle on the grass and he had tiny droplets of water on his face that glittered in the sun. 

He smiled at me but I could see the fear and worry in his eyes. I couldn't understand why, but I felt as if he also had a bit of anger floating around his body that he was trying to hide from me. Remembering what had happened on the boat made me think of a thousand questions, which were now whizzing around my head. How did the hole happen? When did the hole appear? 

Slowly, I tried to form a smile on my face but even that was too hard at the moment. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing would come out. I was still scared and trying to breathe normally. Gulping a couple of times, I looked at Eric. 

"I...I'm alive," I stuttered, quietly. 

"You were lucky Hun," a women, who looked like she was at her early thirties, said and smiled sympathetically.  "This lad right here managed to yank you out of the water in time and may I say, he is a very fast swimmer," she added, pointing at Eric. 

I glanced at the lady and then back at Eric, who was demanding for some towels. I stared at him, gratefully. This was the second time he was saving me today. I never even got to thank him properly and yet I still don’t know how to thank him in a way that he deserves. Just saying two words wasn't going to pay him back for all the time he saved me and helped me. 

"Thank you," I whispered when he turned back to face me.

I instantly leaned forwards and opened my arms and wrapped them around him, tightly. He must have been confused for a second because he wasn't hugging me back but seconds later I felt his two hands on my back. 

I suddenly felt tears in my eyes and one by one, they slid down my cheeks and jumped off the edge of my chin. It was hard keeping in the tears but keeping them in was just building up all the pain inside me. But I held them in a little longer because I didn't want to burst into tears in front of everybody. And the fact that I had almost seen mum right in front of me made me want to cry even more. But it was just a dream. 

"You’re alright now and that's all that matters," he whispered in my ear. "You don't have to thank me for saving you." 

"B...But," I tried to argue back but my voice was too shaky for me to speak. 

"Rose," he said. "I'm your friend and I would do anything for you." 

We both let each other go and I nodded my head at him, slowly and smiled. I forgot that there was still an audience but the two little boys began to do a little dance and they made kissing noises which made me laugh. I heard their mother scowl at them and Eric and I just exchanged looks, trying not to laugh. 

"Here's the towel," a man, wearing a blue plain top, said and handed the green towel to Eric.

Eric grabbed the towel and quickly wrapped it tightly around me and the man then tapped him on the shoulder again and gave him another small towel which Eric placed on my lap for the time being. 

The people whispered and some sat beside me, asking if I was in need of anything. One man, who was wearing a grey shirt and blue shorts, nudged the lady next to him, who I presume is his wife. "I think he's a doctor," he said. "He's very good a CPR." 

Eric did CPR on me? Don't you need to be certifed to do that. 

The lady next to him nodded in agreement. "He is, indeed. She's very lucky to have such a handsome fella' who is a doctor." 

"Hey, I'm handsome," the man said, folding his arms and frowned. 

I almost laughed at their hilarious conversation. Looking around, I was guessing that every person here probably thought that Eric, the 'doctor', was my so called boyfriend. Can't two friends hang out together without having anyone thinking the wrong idea? 

I noticed one man, who stared at me, his eyes full of rage. He was in a pair of ripped jeans, blue shirt and over that he was wearing a black hoodie. His black hair was slightly resting on the left side of his head and there wa a knife shaped earrings were hanging off his left ear. He looked at me like he was going to kill me which made my heart pound painfully against my chest. He looked highly familiar. I shuddered and looked away. Strangely, when I glanced back up the man had disappeared as if he was never there. 

"We should get you some dry clothes to change into," Eric said. 

"B...but...We don't h...have any money," I trembled, forgetting about the man. He was probably just my imagination.

Eric sighed. "Your right." 

"I could just d-dry off," I suggested. 

"You might get pneumonia." 

I shrugged. 

The two little boys walked up towards us and held some money just next to our faces. I quickly glanced at Eric, who gave me a look, indicating that I should accept the money. I turned to the boys and shook my head. 

"Thank you," I said, "But I can't take money off you." 

"Why not?" one of them asked.

"Because..." my voice drained away, not sure of how to answer his question. 

"Honey," the twins' mum said, kneeling next to me. "Take it, please. We don't want you to die from freezing to death." She laughed a little to make it sound like a joke but I could hear the seriousness in her voice too. 

"But-" 

"It's okay, we honestly don't mind," she said calmly and nicely. 

Her kindness made me smile and I nodded my head. "Thank you so much. You are very generous but still you do not have to do this." 

"If a person needs some help, you should always try to help them, dear," she said. 

"I know what you mean," I replied. "Thank you so much." 

"I'm Susan Wesley," she introduced. "My husband is over there and my two boys, Simon and Rodger." 

I smiled at them. 

"Nice to meet you," I said. 

Slowly, people started to go back to what they were doing but some were still looking back at me. I sat on the grass, waiting for Eric to return. I couldn't help but to wonder about the boat incident. Nothing made sense. Just thinking about it made my head hurt. I feel as though, Eric knows something but perhaps isn't so sure if it's true or maybe he always has that look when he's worried. But the anger in his eyes was another question. Was he angry that I drowned or that he should have known that I was afraid of water? Or was it something else? 

There were too many questions in my head and it was too much to think about. 

I was still unsure of how to repay Eric for all the times he's helped me out and pushed me away from danger.

"I'm back," he said, panting for breath.

"Did you run?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he said, "Didn't want anything else to be happening to you."

"Oh," I said. "What did you get?"

"I didn't get anything," he replied. He clearly was lying because I could see a bag of clothes held on his right arm. "I got this lady that seemed the same size as you to buy stuff for you. I was not going to shop with teenage girls and women." 

I laughed. "I'll go change in the bathroom." 

"You know where it is?" 

I nodded. "Yeah." 

* * *

I changed into a long, light pink top and put on a black cardigan on top. My jeans were a shade of light blue and my shoes were black sandals. My hair was still wet, making the back of my cardigan soak a little. When I joined Eric, I got the tower and put it around my shoulders. 

It was almost time for the sun to set and people started to clear their things, preparing to go. Eric and I walked down the lake Pier and sat on the edge, silently. I rolled up my trouser and let my two legs hang in the cold water, not feeling too afraid. People quickly had their last go on the boats before it was time to close. The great ball of fire slowly descended down; the sky was fiery orange, a dash a blue and pink and thin strikes of purple. I admired that view kicked my feat in the water and watched the ripples get bigger and bigger till they slowly disappeared.

"I see a strawberry," Eric said, pointing at one of the clouds. 

I looked up to check and it did look like a strawberry. "Oh yeah." My eyes roamed around the sky until they stopped when I saw a flower shaped one. "That one looks like a flower."

"And that one looks like a alien."

"You mean it looks like you." I laughed.

"Hey, I'm not an alien."

"I'm just kidding," I said. My laugh died away and I suddenly felt sad. "You know...That's how she died," I told him quietly, staring at the sun go down. 

"Hm?" he gave me a confused look but I carried on staring at the sunset. 

"Three years ago I came here with my family. We decided to go on the boats like we always did when we came down here," I began, explaining. "Dad and Harry went on a separate boat and mum and I went on another. I suddenly had a stomach ache so mum said to rest for a while but I forced them to go without me and eventually they did. I didn't want ruin their day because of me." 

"Like how you didn't want to ruin the day for me?" Eric said. 

I nodded. "So they went. Mum on her own and the two boys together on another. There went different ways and although mum was one she managed to go the furthest. You could barely see them from where I was. I could see dad and Harry returning and mum not moving her boat at all. It was strange. She wasn't moving herself and all I could see was her boat go down and s...she didn't even bother to swim back up. Her life jacket had deflated, unusually and she..." I broke off as the tears urged to come out. "She... she was gone. Minutes passed and she hadn't returned out of the water. I was screaming to dad and Harry to turn around to get mum but they couldn't hear me but they did turn around. I watched them turn their boat around and Harry was waving his hands in the air, indicating that he needed help. Life guards were out in their speedboats but I knew it was too late."

"What were you doing?" Eric asked me quietly.

"Crying," I answered, sobbing. "I was helpless and maybe I could have saved her if I went with her. It's all my fault!" I said, almost shouting and cupped my face, bursting into tears. "I could have done something. I...could have helped. I didn't even get to see her after she was pulled out the water or at the funeral." 

"What was her name?" he asked.

"Farren Bloomwood," I answered.

Eric didn't say anything for a moment. He seemed shocked. His mouth dropped open and stared at me with his eyes wide open. I narrowed my eyebrows at him and he instantly changed his expression to the pity look which was worse. He placed his arms around me, hugging me tightly. "I'm so sorry about today."

"No," I said. "Don't apologise."

"Why didn't you say something?" he asked. "I wasn't going to force you." 

"I know," I whispered. "You were so excited and..." 

"So what?" he interrupted. "Safety first you silly girl," he said, trying to make me feel better but I could hear sadness in his tone. "I'm so sorry about your mum."

"I've never hated myself ever in my life that day," I said with anger and clenched my fist into a tight ball. 

"It wasn't you fault," he said. "I know it wasn't."

 "Yes, it was," I whimpered, slowly breaking into tears. 

"No it wans't," he said so surely. "Rose, don't blame yourself for this. You mum wouldn't want that. She's probably watching your every tear right now, crying herself. But if you smile, I'm sure she will too. And you want her to be happy, right?"

I nodded, sniffing. 

"You've got to let go of the guilt because you're just going to be putting her in more pain than you are in," he said. 

I nodded again. "You're right," I agreed. "But I still-" 

"Shh," he said and shook his head. "It wasn't your fault, I promise you." 

"Okay," I whispered. "But...you know what the worst thing was?" 

"What?" 

"Mum died on the same boat we were on today," I explained. 

"Oh," he said, looking a little shocked. "No wonder you were shaking before getting on that boat. I'm so stupid not to realise." 

"Nobody would have known," I told him.

"Bet your missing her." 

"Lots." I nodded and felt a single tear slide down my face.

Eric wiped the tears away from my cheeks and smiled, warmly. He shook his head and then turned to the sunset. "The sunset's nice," he said, changing the subject. 

"Yeah, it is," I agreed. "I love sunsets." 

"Who doesn't?" he replied. 

Eric had his hand over my shoulder and I was holding onto his soft palms. I tilted my head to one side and rested it on Eric's left shoulder and together we watched the fire ball slowly go down. I whispered a small 'thank you' but I don't think he heard me because he didn't say anything. I smiled and realised that what he had said was right. I had to let go of all the guilt.

"Do you see that banana shaped cloud?" Eric said. I knew he was trying to cheer me up. I looked at the cloud he was talking about and laughed.

"I think it looks like a llama," I said, smiling a little. 

"No way, that's so a banana," he argued. 

"It's a llama," I said, nudging him. 

He nudged me back and looked at me. "Okay, whatever you say." 

"Thank you," I said, smiling proudly.

"It's a banana," I heard him mutter. 

I punched his arm and we both laughed. "So, doctor. How did the lifegaurds allow you to do CPR on me?" 

"I don't know," he said. "I think I might have wanted to be a doctor before I lost the... er memory." 

"Doctor Eric Parker," I said, testing the name. "Sounds good." 

"Yeah," he sighed. "Oh look, I see a bunny." 

"Oh puh-leeze. You are terrible at this game," I said, shaking my head. "That is obviously a turtle." 

"Why do you always have to argue? You know I'm right," he smirked. 

"In your dreams," I rolled my eyes and we carried on with our cloud-watching game. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N:

Hey there. If you were confused, the beginning was her dream and she was imagining it all. Well, now you have a little bit of information of her real name and how mother died. I'm going maybe rewrite the middle of this chapter (after she wakes up) again because I feel as if it could be better. 

1) Have you ever had a dream about someone who has passed away? 

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, do whatever you have to do! 

Continue Reading