You're Like Dango [Midoriya I...

By brandy_soul

Becoming a hero, someone who helps those in need, one who is brave and never gives up. Despite your fears, f... More

Everything Stays With You
A Quick Word From Brandy
Meddling Peers and Cigarettes
The Boy With The Green Hair
Cowards Vs. True Heroes
Day 1: Introductions
Nerds and Names Aren't So Bad
Mixed, As Always
[love?]
Sorry, I Can't Seem to Grasp This
Training with An Unexpectedly Scary Turn of Events
An Angry Boy Accompanied with Villains
Hand Villain, A Bird Man, and the Symbol of Peace
In Which The Boy is Hurt and the Woods are Scary
Worries
Mushy Peas and a Totally Normal School Event
You'd Think A Sports Festival Would Be Great
A Crab Will Fight As Much As The Boy and the Girl
It's A Lot More Than A Simple Race
There's Quite A Few Explosions In This One
This Crazy New Girl
Cavalry Battles are Terrifying
A Wrong Headband, And Another That Saves Us
Just a quick note
He's Got Purple Eyes
Didn't Know Anger Made Ice
Of a Twisting Stomach
Lasers and Wind Storms
Maybe Three Idiots Were In The Right

Smiles & Grins of Fakeness & Determination

4.5K 198 75
By brandy_soul

The blond's arm shoots in my direction.

"[Last Name]!" I hear Midoriya yell.

The fan opens at my will, and I swing it in Bakugou's direction, a huge gust of wind surges through, a few cuts appearing on Bakugou's cheek.

"Run!" Midoriya yells again and I listen, the fan now closed rests safely under my arm.

Midoriya.. Be careful..
.

Step, step, step. Click clack, click clack, click clack.

My shoes cause a painfully loud noise as they hit the floor with each step I take while I run around looking for the "weapon."

A new hallway. Cautiously, I walk closer.

I hide behind the wall and take a quick look.

A giant "weapon" and a boy wearing a suit that resembles a robot.

Found him.

I concentrate on what I should do next, what's the best strategy? What if he knows how to counterattack all of them?

I'm too deep in thought to notice Iida mumble incoherent nonsense. At least not until he starts laughing maliciously.

Behind the cold, metal wall, I raise an eyebrow at this. I bet He Himself is questioning this, too.

"[Last Name], come out of your hiding spot!" Iida says. I feel my heart sink. I thought I did a pretty good job at hiding.

I hold my fan under my arm, then I slowly step out.

"I knew you'd come up here since the moment Bakugou ran off!"

I stay in a defensive stance not ready to give up.

"[Last Name], how's it going?" Midoriya's voice comes in quickly and quietly.

I lift my hand to my ear. "I tried, but Iida found me." I whisper back as I watch Iida laugh like a maniac.

"Where are you?"

"Middle of the fifth floor."

"Almost directly above.." He says, more to himself. I thrust my attention back to Iida, who looks as if he was waiting for me to finish.

"Your quirk... It has to do with wind, right?" His voice sounds, well, like a villains.

I don't answer, but it's expected of him to know my quirk. He already witnessed me at the Quirk Apprehension Test, and maybe the fan gives it aways.

"Well, no need to answer. It's quite obvious!"

I furrow my eyebrows before swinging the open fan at Iida, apologizing under my breath

As my quirk hits him, I can't really tell whether it's actually slashing him. Distracting? Maybe. Probably. Physically hurting? Not with that metal suit and helmet.

I watch as he charges, and then I realize I don't know too much about his quirk. All I know is that there's engines involved.

He raises his leg to kick, with an inhuman amount of speed. Iida, you're pretty skilled.

I force myself to drop to the floor's level.

My eyes widen as I find an open spot; he's vulnerable.

"I've got you-!" Iida yells but then realizes he's totally left to be attacked.

"I..."

I'm at home. The kitchens table. I'm working. I arrange faux flowers on vases, decorate them with things like small clay sculptures or stones or shells. Decorative objects. One of my two jobs.

My eyes narrow down at my father, who is stumbling around, he's drunk, the idiot. I find myself wishing he'd just die of alcohol poisoning.

I bite my lip, why am I thinking this kind of stuff?

Frowning at the bouquet of daffodils and daisies, I close my eyes. Pretending that everything is fine. No one's going to hurt me.

But obviously, life is not as we wish it'd be.

I pick up the spool of sea green ribbon, pulling until I get the desired length. Once I measure with the ruler, I snip it with scissors, stretching it out.

My boss, she pays me based on how much I make, and how "decorative" it looks. As in, she's looking for detail, something that will catch a client's attention. Rokurou Sayaka, that's her name. A really pretty woman, clear, silvery eyes and light brown hair. Her son, Ichi, he's nice, too. He sometimes helps me carry supplies here. He's my age, if I'm not wrong.

Jobs are rather time consuming. My father, the only thing he works for is rent, everything else is nonexistent.

Pausing for a moment, I tie my long hair into a low ponytail.

Picking up the bundle of flowers, I slowly tie the ribbon, wrapping it around the stems a few times before I tie a neat bow. Next, I grab a needle and pick up the thread that matches the ribbon's color. This is so the ribbon will stay in place.

I'm too deep into sewing to notice my father behind me, watching me.

A hand grabs my hair, and pain dances freely on my head.

"Say, [Name], when do you intend to stop? It ain't like doing this will help." He snarls.

My hands fly towards my hair without thinking clawing to be free. The needle I was holding, I guess it pricked him a few times.

"Seriously, you think that's gonna stop me? [Name], remember, you can't escape this. You know the drill, anyone asks, everything's fine. You say one word, your dead, and don't think I'm kidding."

"You say that now, but wait, just you wait!" I cry, tears streaming down my face.

"Try it. Your weak, useless, timid, shy, gullable. The hell are you, Natsumi? Don't try to revolt against me. I-"

The scissors I had earlier, they puncture him, leaving a gaping hole in his chest. I shakily remove my free hand from the scissors, putting a hand to mouth.

This is what happens when you oppose [Last Name] Hayato.

He didn't even bother with yelling. Yelling wastes time and energy. And God forbid that my father loses any time on such tenuous things.

Breaking me physically and mentally is a much more adequate manner of wasting your time.

The hand that still had a grip on my hair, that hand slammed me on the kitchen table slam after slam after slam.

Without any remorse.

He slowly lifted my head, already enjoying my suffering. Blood trickled down my nose, from my forehead. And best of all, there was pieces of glass on the table, adding numerous cuts on my face.

Some are still there.

He threw a few punches at me, and once I had given in to the pain, he kicked and kicked and kicked.

At this point, I felt as if the Grim Reaper was a few feet away, welcoming me with open arms.

A beer bottle was shattered on my torse, an it hurt like hell.

Those scars remain, too.

"Now, dear, sweet [Name]," He says, voice dripping with sickeningly sweet venom. "This... This is what truly happens when orders that I give out are not obeyed. You weak, pathetic, meek thing. Just like Natsumi. Just like your mother."

In reality, I blanked and my father tormented me. I remembered how he told me I couldn't to squat to defend myself. He really did taint my mind.

My fan once again clatters away from me. I roll onto the side and hit the wall, breath knocked out of me

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Fath...er.." I shout, hands clamped over my ears.

"[Last Name], did I hurt you?" Iida asks.

I remember we're in the middle of training.

Broken glass.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I force myself to stand back up. I know once I'm home I'm going to fall apart.

A pair of scissors.
"In not done fighting.." I breathe out a shaky smile.

A smile used to cover up the sadness.

A smile of fakeness.

That smile hurts to put on.

Iida's ridiculous villain alter ego returns after a few seconds of skepticism.

And so begins the battle of about five minutes.

Since I've lost the fan, I'm just using myself.

Here and there I hear parts of Midoriya's and Bakugou's arguments anf fights through the earpiece, cringing at the explosions that I'm assuming are nowhere near sublte.

I'm growing weary, my quirk has been in action too much, and I can't do much either. Iida is guarding that damn thing.

That's about to change.

Through the earpiece, I hear "[Last Name]!"

And I can only assume I'm supposed to do something. Guess I'm going to improvise.

With out loud crack, the ground shoots up, massive gusts of aor shoot from below and keep going til the roof.

"..I.."

Next, I add air of my own, forcing myself to keep going, ignoring my mental side of me screaming and my putting the dizziness aside.

I run towards the "weapon," keeping my wind targeted to Iida, tossing him a few feet away.

"W-weapon retrieved!" I cry out, my hand on what now feels like paper mache.

"The weapon!!" Iida screams.

My only victory.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 21.2K 70
Ever since your Quirk first manifested, you've been the apple of everyone's eye. With the goal of becoming a hero, you enroll to U.A. and soon find y...
107K 4.9K 75
Izuku Midoriya is a quirkless teenager that wants to become a hero. A pathetic dream, right? That's exactly what he was forced to think by others, an...
1K 75 13
What if several tragic events meet in quick succession and drive the boy to the brink? A broken dream in early childhood Losing your best friend to r...
60.4K 2K 22
Izuku Midoriya was a boy that grew up without a quirk, unlike the people around him. That didn't stop him from aspiring to be a hero. When All Might...