Sweet Taste

By SmileyKari

Lauren Finn has just graduated from high school and is now going to her college life in Gourmet International... More

A/N :)
A/N :)
Chapter 1: Flight To France
Chapter 2: Gourmet International French Culinary Academy
Chapter 3: My Aunt's House
Chapter 4: Pastry Convention
Chapter 5: Mr. Know-It-All
Chapter 6: First Day In The Academy
Chapter 7: Why Does This Have To Happen?
Chapter 8: Another Chace
Chapter 9: Love Is What Makes The World Go Round
Chapter 10: First Activity Spoiled
Chapter 11: You Again
Chapter 12: Activity Two
Chapter 13: The Two Blondes
Chapter 14: I Found You
Chapter 15: Brownies
Chapter 16: Chocolate Temptation
Chapter 17: Jump!
Chapter 18: Another Revelation
Chapter 19: Minutes Felt Eternity
Chapter 20: Changes
Chapter 21: Chace Decides What?!
Chapter 22: Tropical Smoothie
Chapter 23: Practice Sessions
Chapter 24: Getaway
Chapter 25: Fruit Cocktail
Chapter 26: Cotton Candy Love ♥
Chapter 27: First Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 28: Second & Third Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 30: I'm Going Insane Because Of You
Chapter 31: The Kind I Like
Chapter 32: First Round Of The Tournament
Chapter 33: Matter Of Life And Death
Chapter 34: Second Round
Chapter 35: The Deal
Chapter 36: A Long Night
Chapter 37: Third Round: Fight These Feelings
Chapter 38: Third Round: The Judging
Chapter 39: Heart Raced Day
Chapter 40: Frenemenies to Best Friends
Chapter 41: The Revelation Of The Box
Chapter 42: My Sweet Taste Prince
Epilogue-- 5 Years Later

Chapter 29: Hurts More Than A Scar

3.1K 26 10
By SmileyKari

Today’s Monday again and two weeks before the tournament.

I opened the door and saw Blake and Drew seated on the couch looking so bumped.

“Hey.” I waved at them.

They smiled at me then went back to staring at the wall.

Who wouldn’t be gloomy after knowing Mace joined the tournament with Leila and Lyka as his team mates? Shocking right? Leila and Lyka paid a big amount of money just to join and got the approval of another school. I didn’t know what convinced those two, but it must be something they really desire.

“I can’t believe that Mace.” Blake sighed.

“Who does?” Drew sighed as well.

The door opened and Chace and Mrs. Flinston went in.

I looked away and Chace sat across me. Ugh! Why is he making this complicated?!

“So, will be beginning our practice again, shall we?” Mrs. Flinston announced and we all stood up and went to our normal positions during class.

~~

After class, we all sat at the couch.

“Chace, do you know already?” Drew asked.

“About Mace? Yeah.” He answered flatly.

“Aren’t you worried?” Drew asked him.

He didn’t respond and just looked away.

“We can do it.” I smiled at Drew.

“Yeah, you’re right. With just enough practice, we’ll really aced that tournament!” Drew smiled showing his pearly whites.

Chace smirked.

We all turn to look at him.

“Do you think Mace is an easy opponent?” Chace said then he looked at me in the eyes. “Mace does everything to win.”

“So you’re saying we can’t do it?” I replied back staring back at him.

“Do you think you can?”

“Chace! Stop it!” Blake shouted standing up.

I stared at him with so much hurt in my heart.

Do you think you can?

“Yes!” I shouted while tears flowed through my eyes.

They all looked at me, shocked while Chace looked at me like I was some trash.

I looked at him and it made him gasped.

“Do you think I can’t reach my dreams right? That I’m just a stupid student asking you from the first time we met how did you do that mousse?! Say it all you want! Say it!” I cried.

Tears continued and it became more and more as I tried to speak.

“I..”

“I want to become a pastry chef and in the future, I’ll be better than you!” I shouted then ran out of the blue house and stopped at the door to hear what he has to say.

“Chace, that was too much.” I heard Blake told him.

“You didn’t need to be so hard on her. She’s pretty good too at baking so don’t just insult her.” Drew calmly said.

“I’m just telling her the truth.” Chace replied.

“In a mean way? Seriously?” Blake sarcastically said.

“How do you think she’ll learn then, Blake?” Chace said.

I didn’t want to hear more of it so I ran to the building we used to study.

I went up to the eighth floor and sat at the bench there. The penthouse is pretty calming and no one goes here that much since it’s very tiring to go up the stairs so this is where I should cry my heart out.

I played with the sunflower beside me. Tucking out the petals piece by piece.

“He loves me, he loves me not.” I whispered.

I tucked out three more petals.

“He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..”

I tucked out one more.

“He loves me not.”

A tear fell down from my eye.

Who’s the he I wonder.

I looked up the sky and lied down on the bench.

I remembered Kirk, my first love. The moment felt the same.

I was crying looking up the sky because I knew that from the start, he never loved me.

I love Risa, I’m sorry Lauren, I really did care for you but.. You’re just not the right one.

Those words echoed through my mind that day.

Risa was quiet and smart. She never took interest of the boys so not much cared about her except Kirk. I believed him at first but when I heard him talking with his friends, giggling, about the bet they made.

‘Can’t believe you won this bet, Kirk.’ One of his friends said.

‘She was just easy actually. Two months of chasing her then suddenly she said she had feelings for me, piece of cake.’ Kirk said.

I ran home from school at that time and cried my heart out at my room. After crying, Wade came, my best friend.

He comforted me and after six months of sulking about Kirk, I finally fell in love with him. Wade was a nice guy, as I thought so, when after six months of dating, he left me because he fell out of love. I wasn’t enough for him.

Remembering all those pain from before hurts like a scar.

Because right after those incidents, I hated boys.

I hated them like insects. I barely talked to one and focused on my studies for three years and after graduating from high school, I went here to this academy.

But you know what’s crazy? I never thought I’ll cry ever again after that incident.

Chace, why are you so cold towards me? Have I done anything wrong to you? Why is it whenever you become nice to me, you’ll instantly turn cold to me? If you hate me that much, just tell me.

I hugged my knees then sobbed.

~~

I woke up with a massive headache and puffy eyes.

I can’t believe I fell asleep in a bench but why does it seem so soft?

I turned a bit and looked up.

Oh my gosh, what is he doing here?!

“What the hell are you doing here you stupid monkey!??!?!” I shouted at Chace while kicking him at the face.

“Ow! This is how you repay me after finding you from every nook and cranny?!” Chace sniggered.

“You.. You searched for me?” I said in shock.

I felt my heart thumping a bit but I just let that feeling slide.

He dipped his hands in his pocket since it was cold tonight. “Blake was blaming me since you were crying and they couldn’t find you so I decided to search as well. He might murder me if I didn’t find you.”

Oh, he searched because of Blake.

“Well, I’ll be going then since you’re just here.” Then before he stepped out of the door, I grabbed him.

He stood there and didn’t moved an inch so I couldn’t see his face.

I took the coat in my shoulders and gave it to him. “Your coat right? To protect me from the cold? Thanks.” I said flatly.

“It’s fine. Just return it tomorrow.”

“Seriously, take it. I don’t want to get germs all over by you.” I coldly told him.

He smirked.

He closed the door then pulled my arm.

“So you hate me that much?” He smiled mischievously.

“Since the day we met.” I groaned.

“Too bad, because I found you interesting since the day we met, Ms. Flinn.” Then he let go and left.

I stared at his shadow before he disappeared.

“What..

...The hell?” I whispered in my breathe.

“What was that all about?!” I shouted at the penthouse.

I sat down near the door and rubbed my cheeks.

I snuggled in his black coat then looked up the sky again.

Why did he say that?

After a few more minutes,

The door banged open and I fell flat on the floor since I was seated near the door.

“Ow!” I cried.

“Sorry Lauren! Are you alright?!” I turned around and hugged Desiree.

“Chace told us you were here.” Drew smiled at me.

“You alright?” Blake checked my head if I had a fever.

“Perfectly fine.” I smiled back to them.

“You haven’t eaten I presume?” Desiree grabbed my arm.

I smiled sheepishly.

“Come on! We’ll take you to a restaurant in the cafeteria.” Drew pushed me out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chace's pretty confusing. Right? :)))

Anyways, thank you for the votes and comments! Thank you so much! :) 

I really appreciate them and I hope I could repay you guys back! :') 

God Bless you guys always!!!:D

I'll update as soon as I can. Hope I don't get writer's block :)

Ohbtw, who wants to have a Chace POV? JUST COMMENT!:)

-SmileyKari :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.1K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
2.8K 364 19
London 1923. Charlotte Wynthorpe's socialite circle is being plagued by a rash of diamond burglaries during their wild, drunken parties. Sensing some...
128K 3.8K 58
**This is the SECOND book, the FIRST is The Pregnancy Pact** Nicoletta, Delilah, and Kassidi are about to have their babies, along with Astrid and Je...
1.7M 109K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...