Once Again

By pandalove16_

It was 1985. Marcela & Luis were best friends. They lived in a small ranch in Hidalgo, Mexico. When they were... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Note

Chapter 2

34 2 0
By pandalove16_

Later that night, as I walk out of my room and into the bathroom, I hear voices in the kitchen. Mama & Papa. What could they be talking about? I tiptoe quietly to the edge of the wall, hoping to hear them. They sit at the table.

"Pancho, we cannot get that amount of money." I hear Mama speak.

They were speaking of it again. I can tell.

"Yes we can. I can get a loan if I have to."

"It's not easy, Francisco! Think about the children!"

"I am thinking about them! That's why I am doing this. It will a better future for them."

Mama puts her head in her hands, as she shakes her head.

"I don't know, Pancho."

Papa holds onto Mama's hand.

"They're going to help us cross with many more people. It's not only us. They're the best ones also.

"Coyotes are never safe, Pancho. It does not matter if they are the best." She stares into Papa's eyes, with fear.

I quickly head back to my room with the word 'coyote' buzzing in my head. 'What is a coyote' I thought, as I closed the door to my room. I had forgotten that I needed to use the toilet. I carefully close the door and lie awake on my cot. I share a room with Chano. I turn to my side & look over at Chano.

"Chano?" I say quietly.

"Chano." I say it a little louder.

"What?" I get a weak response from him.

"What is a 'coyote'?" I am curious.

"It's an animal," he sighs as he replies.

"Oh okay." I turn back to my back and look at the ceiling. An animal... I think to myself. I hear my parent's bedroom door close. The house is silent and my eyes get heavy. I let out a deep breath and fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
159K 958 31
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...