Red Eyes are Dangerous ~ A De...

By allegiaant

Mackenzie Low is the 19 year old cousin of Stiles Stilinski. And after 6 years away from Beacon Hills she's f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Season 2!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Season 3a
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 ~ Season 3b
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 ~ Season 4
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
5 months later...
Epilogue

Chapter 34

868 16 0
By allegiaant

It's been a few days since the virus affected me and I taught Derek how to bend the rules. And I'm worried, worried about my baby, worried about Derek. I'm worried about how the Sheriff will react to me telling him I'm pregnant. I have no experience whatsoever. I don't know anything about Werewolf pregnancy. I decide to go to Deaton and ask him for help. I walk into the clinic and the little bell rings signalling to Deaton someone's here. He comes out and looks surprised to see me. 

"Mackenzie. What can I do for you?" 

"Deaton, I need your help." 

He nods and opens the gate. I walk past it and go into the back room. He closes the gate and comes in after me. I look at him and lean on the metal table. 

"So, how can I help you?" 

I look to my right and then lift up my top. It reveals my baby bump, it's only small but noticeable if I wear tight tops. I bite my lip, I see Deaton look confused. 

"Wow. Why do you need my help for this? This is wonderful. Congratulations." 

"I know. But I... I don't know anything about Werewolf Pregnancy. I don't know how long it takes. How you can tell if the baby will be a Werewolf." 

He nods. 

"Take a seat." 

I sit on the table and let my top fall. He gets out the equipment for an ultrasound. 

"How long have you known?" 

"Just a few days. I found out the day I was in the school when the virus broke out. But I'm nearly at the start of my second week. I mean, is this normal? Does it grow this quickly?" 

He looks in my eyes, 

"Well by the second week yes. Don't worry Mackenzie. This is perfectly normal. But I suggest for your ultrasounds and updates you come to me. I will get Melissa's help. But if any doctor saw you when you would give birth after four months they would be very confused." 

I look up. 

"Is that how long it takes? Four months?" 

He nods. 

"Usually, yes. By the fourth month the baby will be fully developed." 

I nod. 

"When can you tell the gender?" 

"Well you can probably find out now. If you want?" 

I nod at him. 

"Yes, I want to find out." 

He nods and gets the equipment ready. He slides my top up and then places the gel on my stomach. He moves the little device around until he sees it. 

"Well, I found your baby." 

He points to the baby on the monitor. I smile. 

"Well from what I can tell, it's a girl. You're going to have a daughter." 

I smile. I've always wanted a daughter. I can see her ears but there's something different.

"Deaton, what's wrong with her ears?" 

He looks at the picture, 

"I think your daughter has inherited a gene that allows her to change into a proper Wolf. This is very rare. Usually Werewolves inherit this gene after years of evolving. Like how Talia could change into a black wolf." 

I nod. 

"She wasn't born with that. She evolved after years. This." 

He says gesturing to my child. 

"This is very rare. The child can sometimes inherit the gene from a parent if they are a True Alpha. But that hasn't happened here. Your daughter might have received this gene from Derek. But I'm not sure." 

I smile. But then remember the virus, that almost killed me. 

"Has she been affected by the virus that almost killed me?" 

He looks closer examining her tiny structure. 

"No." 

I let out a breath I had been holding in. 

"She's in perfect health." 

I smile. 

"I'll take a picture for you." 

"Thank you." 

He takes a picture and then wipes the gel from my stomach. I sit up, 

"When she's born, will she grow quicker? Like how she's developing now?" 

He nods. 

"She'll be able to walk and talk by the age of 1." 

 I place my hand on my stomach. 

"Thank you Deaton." 

I get off the table. 

"You're welcome Mackenzie. But remember to come to me if you feel weird." 

I nod and he hands me the picture. I look at it and can instantly recognise her pointy ears. I walk back to the loft and walk in and see Derek. 

"Where did you go?" 

I smile and hand him the picture. I see his eyes light up. 

"We're gonna have a daughter." 

He smiles and presses his lips to mine. 

"I'm so happy for us." 

I smile and nod. 

"But, here's something even better. Look at her ears." 

He looks at the picture and notices her ears. 

"She's got a rare gene. She will be able to transform into a proper wolf. Like your Mother." 

He smiles. 

"That's perfect. She's perfect." 

I smile. I put my hand on my stomach when I feel a kick. 

"Derek she kicked." I say, I take his hand and put it on my stomach, over the spot where she kicked. 

He smiles, 

"We need to think of names for her." He tells me. 

I nod. I have one but I'm not sure he'll like it. I'm quiet for a while. 

"Hey. What's wrong?" 

I look up, 

"I had an idea for a name. I always loved this name. I was thinking Lia. It's a Greek name, it means 'Bearer of good news.'" I say the last bit while looking him in the eye. 

I wasn't lying when I said I loved this name. He nods, 

"It's perfect. It will suit her." 

I smile. 

"Yeah. She'll grow up to be brave. And fight for what's right. Just like her father." 

He looks into my eyes. 

"And her mother." 

I think about Peter and My Uncle. Scott and Stiles. 

"We need to tell them. All of them. Scott, Stiles. Peter, my uncle. They need to know. Especially the fact that the pregnancy goes quickly." 

"Yeah. I'll call Peter and tell him to come over and we can tell him together." 

I agree. I'm nervous. What If Peter doesn't take it well?

15 minutes later Peter walks through the door to see Derek and I sat on the couch. He walks over to us and pulls a chair from the desk. Derek's holding my hand in effort to stop them shaking. If this is what I'm like telling Derek's uncle. What will I be like telling my own? 

"So, what's wrong? You said you needed to tell me something. And that I should get here relatively quickly." 

I take out the picture and place it on the table. I then slide it forward towards Peter. He picks up the picture and his eyes soften. 

"Peter, I'm pregnant." 

He looks to me and smiles. 

"So it actually happened." 

I look to Derek. He shares my expression, 

"I happened to walk in on Talia and your mother. They were talking about how they knew you two would end up together. And they had said that they hoped you two started a family. I'm sure if they were both here today they would be so happy." 

I smile and look to Derek. 

"What gender?" 

I look up, 

"It's a girl." 

He smiles, a genuine smile. 

"Any names yet?" 

I nod. Derek answers for me. 

"We've got one name we're pretty sure of. Lia." 

Peter looks between us.

"Peter, we're trusting you. Please don't tell anyone. Even Malia. She could tell Stiles and I want to be the one to tell him. I need to be the one to tell him." 

Peter nods. 

After a while Peter decides to leave. I walk him to the door. He stops before he leaves and looks down at me. He places his hand on my shoulder and then rubs his hand up and down my arm. Then he whispers, 

"I'm happy for you. Both of you." 

He places a kiss on my forehead. 

"Thank you Peter." 

He smiles down at me. Then he turns and leaves after giving me another really genuine smile. I close the door and turn back around, I look to Derek. 

"I've never seen him that happy. Even when we were younger." 

Derek turns to me. 

"That's two down three to go." 

I nod. 

"I'll tell My uncle. With the way Peter reacted I'm sure I can do it. And it'll need to be me who tells Stiles. I don't mind who tells Scott just as long as he gets told." 

Derek nods and hugs me. I hug back.

I remember once back in San Francisco we were learning about Greek philosophers. I remember hearing a quote. 

"Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down." 

I guess Socrates knew what he was taking about when he said that. Six years ago after I left, I built walls up. No-one ever cared enough to knock them down. The same for Derek, six years ago when he moved away after the fire. He built high walls that no-one could knock down. But when we met again, we regained trust in each other. I cared enough about him to knock down his walls. And he cared enough about me to knock down the walls I had built.

It got late. Derek and I decided to tell everyone else the news tomorrow. I pick up Derek's shirt. Even with this small bump it still fits. I pull it on and crawl into bed. I watch Derek lie next to me. He kisses my forehead. He places one hand on my bump. It's still small but it stands out. I feel the baby react to his touch. 

"She likes you." 

He looks into my eyes. 

"How can you tell?" 

I smile at him, 

"She told me. I can feel her emotions. She likes when you put your hand on my stomach. She feels safe. The same way I do when I'm with you." 

He moves his hand from my tummy and puts it on the side of my face. 

"Can you tell her I love her?" 

I think about the words and she instantly sends the emotion of happiness and love back to me. 

"She's happy. She loves her daddy too." I smile. 

I never thought through all my life that Derek would be the father of my child. 

"She can't wait to meet you." 

He smiles and it's genuine. He whispers in my ear, 

"I can't wait to meet you either, Lia. Lia Hale." 

I can feel her settle. 

"She's sleepy." 

I look between his eyes, 

"She likes the sound of your voice." 

He places his hand back on my bump. The baby reacts and I can feel her drift off. 

"She's asleep." I whisper. 

He smiles. 

"I think you should do the same." 

I place my hand on his bare chest feeling the warmth and the sparks. He wraps his arms around me and I place my head in the crook of his neck, and I fall asleep. 

I wake up and see Derek's still sleeping next to me. I don't feel the urge to puke today, which is weird. I see the mark on Derek's wrist, I smile remembering the night I claimed him, I run my fingers over it. He doesn't even stir, I get up from the bed and walk to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and then place a hand on my small bump. She instantly reacts and it feels like the happiest feeling in the world, I look down. 

"Hey baby. Well I guess I can't call you that. Lia." 

I get in the shower and relax when the hot water hits my back. After my shower I get out and dry off then walk to the mirror. I pick up Derek's shirt. I bring it up to my nose and inhale deeply. I feel my eyes glow red as the scent makes me feel safe and it'll let the baby get used to his scent. I pull on the shirt again, my clothes are outside. I pull my hair to one side and plait it and leave it hanging over my shoulder. I place my hand on my bump and feel the baby's reaction. 

"Lia. That suits you. You know Lia, part of your name comes from your grandmother. She was strong, brave and knew how to get your daddy out of trouble. I'm sorry that you'll never get to meet her. But I'm sure if she was still here today I'm sure she would be incredibly excited to meet you. Daddy and I will tell you about her one day, when you're old enough to understand." 

I smile, the baby reacts, to my voice and sends comfort to me. 

"Well today we're gonna go and see my uncle. And I'm gonna tell him about you. And let's hope he reacts as well as Peter did, if not better."

-------------------------

An hour later I'm in my car driving to my house. Well I'm not sure if it's still my house, cause I kinda live with Derek now. Oh well. I pull up outside. I walk in and see my uncle instantly. He smiles. 

"Hi Mackenzie. Is there anything I can do for you?" 

I nod. 

"I need to tell you something. And I'm really hoping that you take it well." 

He smiles and walks with me to the couch. Once I sit down he takes my hand. 

"Mackenzie. In the past few months, I've learned that you're an Alpha. I've found out you're dating Derek Hale. I've had to adapt to this supernatural stuff pretty quickly. But I'm sure there's nothing you can tell me right now, that will make me not take news well." 

I nod. 

"Well, it's about Derek and I." 

He nods, 

"Well, the thing is. I'm... I'm pregnant... with Derek's baby." 

I look back at him, his eyes soften just like Peter's did. 

"Mackenzie. That's great news. I'm so happy for you. Congratulations." 

I feel a few tears run down my face. 

"Really?" 

He nods and hugs me. I return the hug with complete happiness. 

"But, you can't tell Stiles, or Scott. It would be better coming from me or Derek." 

He smiles. 

"Of course. Do you know the gender. Wait it's too early for that yet." 

"Well actually, I do. I'm having a girl. The thing is that Werewolves develop twice as fast as a normal human baby. The pregnancy only lasts four months." 

He smiles. 

"Have you thought of any names?" 

I nod. 

"I wanted to name her Lia, it's a Greek name, meaning 'Bearer of good news,' and I think after everything that's happened, we needed some good news right about now. Derek agreed and thought it was a good name. So her name's Lia. Lia Hale." 

I take my uncle's hand and place it on my tummy. The baby sends positive emotions. 

"She likes you." 

The baby kicks at the spot where my uncle's hand is. He smiles and I can feel the happiness. 

"I know that biologically, you're my uncle. But since I see you more as a father, I'm gonna make sure she calls you Grandpa." 

I watch a tear roll down his cheek. I've never seen him this happy since. Well I can't even remember. I don't think he's been this happy since Stiles was born. 

"Grandpa Stilinski. It fits." 

He laughs and kisses my forehead. I decide to tell Stiles. 

"Is Stiles here? I think I might tell him." 

He nods,

"He's up in his room. With Scott." 

I smile and go to the stairs. I walk up them and go to Stiles' room. 

"Hey guys." 

I look to Stiles. 

"How you holding up? Has she spoken to you since she found out?" 

He looks to me and shakes his head. I walk over to his side and sit on the bed next to him. Scott stays standing, 

"She'll come around. I mean you guys have been in a relationship for quite a while. And personally I think that Stiles Stilinski is irresistible. I mean if I wasn't related to you, maybe two or three years younger and not in a relationship. You'd be mine." I say sarcastically, nudging him with my elbow and winking. 

"Thanks Kenzie." I laugh. 

Yeah Stiles used to use sarcasm so much I started using it and well it's kinda stuck. 

"I need to tell you something. Remember that day at the school? How I said I needed to tell you both something? Yeah well this is it." They look me in the eyes. Scott has come over to my other side, intrigued. 

"Give me your hand. Stiles first then you Scott okay?" 

Stiles gives me his hand and I take it and turn it so it's facing palm to me. I bring it to my tummy right over the baby. I then take Scott's hand and place it over the baby. 

"Stiles, Scott. I'm pregnant." 

They smile and Stiles lets out one of his laughs that states 'That's brilliant.' The baby moves and they feel it. 

"She likes you. Both of you." 

They smile. 

"So it's a she. What are you gonna call her?" Stiles asks. 

"Lia. I know she'll be strong, brave, and I know she'll fight for what's right." 

Scott's silent. 

"Scott? You okay?" 

He snaps out of it. 

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations." 

He pulls me into a tight hug. I bring Stiles into the hug. 

"I missed this while I was away. The three of us. The three musketeers. I'll make sure Talia knows to go to Stiles for sarcasm." 

I say squeezing Stiles shoulder. 

"And that if she ever wants advice on anything that she can't ask her father about then she'll go to Scott... That's if I don't move." 

Stiles looks at me and he looks sad. 

"You're gonna move?" 

I shake my head. 

"No. I was just saying. I've got a feeling that at some point within the next year. Beacon Hills isn't going to be safe. So I want Lia to grow up somewhere where it's safer for the first few years of her life. I will come back and visit though. I mean if I do leave, then I've left family behind. I mean both of you, you two are like the younger brothers I never had. And the sheriff is like the father I never had. Melissa she's like a second mother. So If I leave I've left my little Beacon Hills family behind." 

They smile, 

"I get that feeling as well. Constantly." 

I smile at Scott. 

"I know the thought that's running through your head at the moment. This is a terrible time to have a baby. Well it is. With Derek losing his power and me having the constant feeling that something will happen to him that I won't be able to stop. With Kate coming back, and the Dead pool. I'm fully aware that right now is not the best time for a baby." 

Stiles puts his hand on my shoulder, "Mackenzie, you're an Alpha. You're the best one I've ever met. Sorry buddy." 

Stiles says looking to Scott who nods. 

"You're always prepared for anything. And you're gonna be prepared for this baby." 

I nod and smile. 

"I should get back. I got some Alpha duties to attend to." 

They nod and I stand up. I leave after shouting goodbye to both of them. I drive back to the loft.

----------------------------

I walk in and see Derek leaning on the table. 

"Hey, what's up?" 

He looks up at me. 

"Nothing. Just thinking about how you're taking this so well." 

"Taking what so well?" 

"Everything. The pregnancy. Me losing my power. The Dead pool." 

I smile and walk to the other side of the table to where he is. He turns around to face me, he places his hands on either side of my tummy. I place my hands on top of his. He looks into my eyes, he presses his lips to mine. I slide his hands so they sit on my waist. The baby seems to enjoy when her parents are together. I slide my hands up his arms until they settle at his neck. I pull away and take his hand and place it over my heart. 

"This is how I take everything so well. You and I. You're losing your power. I don't care. I'll still love you even if you're human. You loved me when our positions were reversed. Remember? As long as my hearts beating I'm gonna love you. I slept with you. I'm having a baby with you. Hell you're stuck with me for the rest of your life." 

He chuckles. 

"I guess I just needed you to admit that." 

"You can talk to me you know. I may be a big bad Alpha on the outside. But on the inside I'm still human. Just with some broken down walls, surrounding my heart." He pulls me in for a hug, well as much as the baby will allow. He places his chin on the top of my head. I'm still smaller than him, but not much. 

"I just realised. It's technically a family hug." I say, gesturing to the fact that the baby comes between us. 

"I can't wait till I can hold her in my arms and hug both of you." 

I smile. 

"I never remembered Derek Hale to be sentimental and give hugs. You're losing your bad boy reputation." I state, smiling at him, 

"Maybe I've just matured and accepted I'm gonna be a father. I really should be mature anyway." 

I laugh, 

"I've got a few more years yet. I'm only 19 remember." 

"Yeah, but you'll be 20 in December." 

I nod and then look into his eyes. 

"Remember how we used to spend each other's birthdays?" 

He nods. 

"A small party that included my family and you and your mom, and then we'd sneak off to the lake and just sit and relax." 

 I smile and remember those times. The times before he met Paige and Kate, where he would always turn up to parties. But then I guess that's what young love does to you. It pulls you away from the people who you've known your whole life. I sit on the bed and Derek comes over and sits behind me and kisses down my neck. I can't be intimate with him. Well I can but there's a limit. I think about what will happen when Lia's born. What will we do? I want to move for the first few years of her life so it's safer. Within the past year at Beacon Hills I know that it is anything but safe for a baby to be born with supernatural powers. 

"What's wrong?"  He whispers in my ear. 

"Nothing," 

"Even though I can't hear your heartbeat I know you're lying. So tell me the truth." 

I turn my head to face him. 

"Just thinking about after she's born." 

I start and then put a hand on my bump. 

"About what we're gonna do. If we're gonna stay here. I don't know if you've got the same feeling. But I have a feeling that within the next year something bad is gonna happen. With you losing your power, Kate coming back, and the dead pool. I'm constantly worrying something's gonna happen that I can't prevent." 

He rubs my arms with his hands. 

"Don't worry. For Lia's sake I think we should move, just for a few years. It'll be safer for her." 

I nod in agreement. 

"Well where I lived in San Francisco it's quiet and there are woods that I know like the back of my palm. It would be a good neighbourhood for her to grow up in. I technically own the house now, my mother left it in my name as well as hers, in case something happened to her. She wanted to make sure that I had a roof over my head." 

He smiles.

An hour later after Derek and I planned what's going to happen after Lia's born, it gets late. We get into bed. I fall asleep in Derek's arms and for a while I can pretend like we're both normal.

-x-

A dark room that's all I can see, just darkness. I get the feeling I'm not alone. A light comes on and I see someone sitting in a chair, I feel like I know this person. I see a hunter, probably one of Arya's lackeys, walk past me as if I'm not here. He's got a taser. He tases the person sat in the chair. I realise that the person is male, he screams as the hunter tases him more. 

"Stop!" I shout, the hunter doesn't hear me. 

He starts asking the male chained to the chair questions. 

"Where is she? Where is the Alpha? Where is Mackenzie Low?" 

The male shakes his head, 

"I don't know. I haven't seen her since I was 14." 

Realisation crosses my face, the hunter leaves. I run to the man chained to the chair. I'm more than mad. I see the man lift his head to see me. He has the same features from when he was younger. When he was 14 his features made him look no more than a boy. 15 years later his features are defined and make him look like a man. 

"Mackenzie." 

I pull the chains from the chair. He gets up and walks towards me and goes to hug me but I push him back. 

"Stay away from me Ellis." 

Hurt crosses his face and then anger, 

"I haven't seen you in 15 years and that's the first thing I get from you? 'Stay away from me Ellis?'" 

My walls are up. He left me, he left me when I was small and vulnerable. 

"Why should I show you any love or happiness when you left me. You left me when I was 4. You knew mom and dad weren't happy together, but why leave when I was 4 and didn't understand?" 

He goes to speak but I cut him off. 

"Do you know how many times I cried myself to sleep after you left? I cried for about a year thinking it was all my fault." 

He pulls me into him while I fight against his grip. 

"Mackenzie, I didn't mean to hurt you. I needed to get out. I needed to leave. I couldn't cope with mom and dad shouting at each other every night." 

I push him back. 

"And you think I could? I was 4 Ellis. 4!" I yell. 

"After you left it got worse. Dad would go out and would always come home drunk. He would come home and if I was in his way he would hit me and scream at me. I was always scared of what side I would see that night. Eventually it got too much and mom told him to pack his things and be out by the morning. And the next morning he was gone. He didn't even say goodbye." 

I finally look to my older brother. 

"What are you doing here Ellis?" 

"I want forgiveness. I want you to forgive me for what I did." 

I shake my head as a tear falls, 

"You're never going to get my forgiveness. As long as I live."

-x-

I wake up breathing heavily and tears staining my face. I put my hand on my tummy and feel Lia's still asleep. I sit up and look over my shoulder to see Derek is also still asleep. I move the covers off of me and see I'm wearing Derek's shirt. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and get out of it and make my way to the kitchen. I get to the kitchen, and put a hand to my forehead, while letting out a breath I was holding in. I get a glass and fill it with a little bit of water. I take a drink and then pour the rest of the water away. I lean my hands on the counter. 

Was that real? 

Is Ellis in danger? 

I feel hands on my waist and Derek's chin on my shoulder. 

"What's wrong?"

I shake my head, 

"Nothing, I'm fine." 

I'm trying my best to hold back my anger. 

"Liar. Tell me. What's going on?" 

I turn around, 

"I think something's going to happen to Ellis." 

I watch his jaw clench, ever since I told him about how my brother left he has taken that on as his role. 

"It was like the dream Scott had when he thought he killed Allison. Only this was different. It didn't feel real, but in a way I feel like it actually happened." 

"Wherever he is I'm sure he's fine." 

"Derek I'm terrified he's going to come looking for me. Yeah he's my brother, but I'm terrified of what he'll do if he does find me. I'm scared that he's turned out like my father." 

Derek's eyes soften, I don't usually admit I'm scared of something unless it makes me want to cower in a corner. We walk back to the bed, but I'm no longer tired. The image of Ellis is stuck in my head. His long brown hair, which he got from my father and blue eyes like mine which he got from our mother. I sit on the bed tense as anything. I feel Derek start to kiss down my neck in effort to calm me down. He reaches my shoulder and then stops and then moves his head and places it in the crook of my neck, and he wraps his arms just above my bump. I close my eyes and breathe in deeply, hoping nothing bad happens in the next few days. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lovelies!

Next chapter is up. Hope you like it, next chapter should be up within the next week.

~ Megan 

Comment, Vote, Share    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 93 13
Cameron is the little brother of Stiles Stilinski. The brothers' lives change when their best friend gets turned into a werewolf and have to do every...
353K 10.1K 29
𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...
13.6K 434 31
Things take a turn for the bizarre when two boys' midnight trek into the woods ends with one of them being bit by a beast with glowing red eyes and f...
20K 498 38
【Book One ----- Season One】COMPLETED In which a young girl falls in love with a boy, who loves someone else while trying to figure out the dangerous...