Death and the Deeds ✔

By RafiaZ

I, Hazel , was just an ordinary girl but with not so ordinary fate. With a past that could be altered, I plac... More

DEATH IS WHERE IT BEGINS
WHEN THE SKY CALLS
BACK TO EARTH
EVERYTHING UNEXPECTED
FIRST MISSION
COOKING UP SOME TROUBLE
SAVING THE DAY
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
SECOND MISSION
PROJECT RACHEL
BROKEN LITTLE WORLD
THE LOST COURAGE
TO ME, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL
MIDNIGHT MADNESS
LIFE IN THE PALM OF HANDS
WHEN THE FIRE BURNS
NIGHTMARE AND HIGHSCHOOL DRAMAS
SPEAR THROUGH MY HEART
HEAVY HEARTS
WHEN IN PROM
AND THE END NEARS
SHOTS FIRED, LIVES TAKEN
REST IN PEACE
THE LAST DEED
LIVING IT AGAIN
WINTERS IN MY SOUL
UNFINISHED BUSINESS
CONFESSIONS
AND IT ENDS

ACTION PLAN

251 26 63
By RafiaZ

The next day I told Linda, during our coffee session, about the plan I had come up with.

"So my dad is about to collaborate with RT company. We just have to blow the deal off and blame it on the chick." I stated as I tied my hair up in a messy bun.

"You mean the RT company?" Linda raised her brows, "Shouldn't this deal be important then? It will bring in a lot of money."

"Linda", I stared at her in disbelief, "who cares about the money. Family is the most important thing. It is the strength you need to survive."

She nodded.

"How did this all happen so suddenly?" She asked.

"I'm sure God placed other people in our lives to make it easier. But they only make it harder. I guess it's every freaking man for himself." I inhaled a shallow breath and then struggled for another.

"You know I'm here for you Haze."

"That is what I love the most about you." I smiled and bent forward to hug her.

"Forever?" she said.

I always replied to her forever with a forever but this time,

"Till death do us apart." was all I that I could say.

We hugged for just a moment but it felt like it repaired me. Like the broken pieces finally fell back in their places. Best friends soothe you in a way nobody else can.

"So", I mumbled, "tell me how to get this deal cancelled."

"Get more information out of your dad and then we'll see."

"You bloody interns are suppose to be working." Someone shouted. I turned around.

Sir Richard? Ugh! why do I keep forgetting that this angry fellow was my boss once. I thought.

"S-sorry Sir." Linda stuttered. We hurried out of the cafe because it seemed like his furious eyes would come out of their sockets anytime.

"He is an ass. I wonder if we'll be able to get a job here after our internship ends."

I did not reply. Just smiled for I knew we would.

"Dinner's ready." Mom hollered and we all gathered.

Everyone's in a good mood. I thought. Now's the time.

"So dad, how's your deal going?"

"We had a meeting with that shareholder." He took a sip of chilled coke. "But we have decided to keep the deal confidential. If exposed, it might get cancelled."

I raised a brow. This was the needle I needed to burst the balloon.

I did know that daddy would do the dirty business once more and it would cut the last string holding our family together. But I did not remember when exactly.

"8 days." I whispered. My eyes flickered in darkness due to exhaustion.

"Linda's here to pick you up." My dad shouted.

"Be there." I shouted louder.

Getting ready was the worst part of the day for me. So many decisions in such a short time. Which dress should I wear? How should I make my hair? Winged eyeliner? I can't even find my liner when I'm in a hurry.

"Screw it." I muttered and then hurried down. Nothing's worst then seeing Linda's annoyed face after I make her wait.

"Bye Honey." Mom said.

I got into Linda's car.

"Yo! Whats up?"

I hugged her and clapped.

"Someone's happy. Daddy leaked?" She questioned.

I nodded with an evil smile.

"So the deal's secret. We just have to steal some papers from dad's briefcase. Get them photocopied. Send them to newspapers and journalists. Hide the original ones in that chick's computer table. I'm sure the CEO will order to search the whole office for the original files. Nobody knows about this deal except for the people in that office." I said it all in one breath and then I breathed heavily.

"Wow! look at you. That small mind of yours does work sometimes." I rolled my eyes. Linda and her sarcasm.

"So you'll come with me for hiding the file, right?"

"Is that even a question?" She smirked.

I laughed. She's love. I thought.

The next few days passed by like a rapid fire as I was busy making arrangements for the final move.
3DAYS LATER

"The gun is ready. We just need to pull the trigger." I told Linda while I felt a burn inside my mouth as my impatient ass took a sip of the hot coffee.

"Here. I've made the list of the famous newspapers and journalists." She stated while handing me the list.

"Good job girlie." I went through the list.

"We can go to your dad's office tomorrow during our break to hide the file."

"But people there know me."

"I'll handle." Linda smirked. I frowned.

"Taa daa...." She yelled as she gave me a hand mirror to take a look after she spent an hour on me the next day.

"WHAT THE HECK?" I was no longer a girl. But neither did I look like a proper boy.

"What do you think?" She asked in a higher pitch than usual.

"Words fail me."

"Oh come on, you look so handsome." she snorted.

"You don't say." I said, sarcastically.

"A mustache? Check", said Linda as she scrolled down through her phone. Did she just google how to look like a man? My eyebrows drew close. "Hair tucked inside a hat? Check.  An ugly mole on a cheek? Check." She looked up and winked.

I narrowed my eyes, "A mole?"

She smiled. "Oh wait. Wear this tie."

I did as she said.

"Also you're Harry from now. " 

"And you're going as my lady?" I tried to flirt like a normal man would've.

Her lips curled, involuntarily and she fought back hard as her cheeks swelled momentarily with the pressure but it was no use. Her laughter erupted.

"You'd make one heck of a man Haze."

"And we'd make one heck of a couple." I smiled with my hands on my hips.

"You distract the chick and I'll hide the file." Linda said as we got out of the car.

I felt as if all the eyes were on me as I walked inside.

Do they all know? Am I making it too obvious?  My own thoughts were making me nervous. I swept them away.

"Where is she?" Linda asked.

"That one." I pointed a finger towards my left.

"Go",  whispered Linda as she pushed me towards the chick's table.

"Umm..Hel.." shit manly voice Hazel.

She looked up.

"Hello." I finally uttered.

"May I help you?" I was startled to see her. She seemed so naive. Like a little Lamb.

How different the inside and outside is sometimes.

"Yes Mam. I'm looking for the atm but...."

"Rebecca?" I stopped immediately when I recognized dad's voice.

"Hey steward."

"Are you free?" He asked.

"Depends. What do you need me for?" She inquired as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

I scowled. So she's the one who seduced him. What a monster. I flickered uncontrollably.

"I need you to make sure everything is arranged for tomorrow's meeting." He said as he removed her hand from his shoulder.

Then he looked at me and studied my face. My mouth went dry.

"Hmm.. You look a lot like my daughter." He said after carefully eyeing me from head to toe.

  A cold sweat dripped upon my head. Not the sweat from running, but the sweat from anxiety. 

Author's Note:

Hey folks! I hope you all are doing good. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Also my exam is so close. This girl needs your prayers. I'll update more regularly once it's over.

Stay blessed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420 70 17
Yes, she's not wrong. I don't deserve Hazel. I don't even deserve a single drop of love. I shouldn't even start that fuckin game. It's all my fault n...
203K 8.3K 44
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...
22K 742 25
Part two - Deadly