Single Father • Namjoon + BTS...

By xgoldenxmaknaex

Namjoon picked up Taehyung, who started- "Um, babe? I think he's growling at me. Is that supposed to happen... More

Preview
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
<<Q&A<<
Tags
xxvii.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
>>Q&A NAMJOON>>
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
>>Q&A NAMJOON'S WIFE>>
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
>>Q&A JIN>>
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
>>Q&A YOONGI>>
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
>>Q&A HOBI>>
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
lv.
>>Q&A JIMIN>>
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
lix.
lx.
>>Q&A TAEHYUNG>>
lxi.
lxii.
lxiii.
lxiv.
lxv.
>>Q&A JUNGKOOK>>
lxvi.
lxvii.
lxviii.
lxix.
lxx.
>>Q&A MISC>>
lxxi.
lxxii.
lxxiii.
lxxiv.
lxxv.
>>Q&A AUTHOR>>
lxxvi.
lxxvii.
lxxviii.
lxxix.
lxxx.
EXTRA: LISA
lxxxi.
lxxxii.
lxxxiii.
lxxxiv.
lxxxv.
EXTRA: JIMIN?
lxxxvi.
lxxxvii.
A/N
lxxxviii.
lxxxix.
A/N
xc.
EXTRA: YUGYEOM AND BAMBAM
xci.
xcii.
xciii.
xciv.
xcv.
EXTRA: THE PRINCIPAL
xcvi.
xcvii.
xcviii.
xcix.
c.
A/N
ci.
cii.
ciii.
civ.
cv.
EXTRA: ROMAN NUMERALS
cvi.
cvii.
cviii.
cix.
cx.
EXTRA: LISA
cxi.
cxii.
cxiii.
cxiv.
cxv.
cxvi.
cxvii.
cxviii.
cxix.
cxx.
cxxi.
EXTRA: TAEHYUNG
cxxii.
cxxiii.
cxxiv.
<<Q&A<<
cxxv.
EXTRA: TAEHYUNG
cxxvi.
cxxvii.
cxxviii.
cxxix.
cxxx.
cxxxi.
cxxxii.
cxxxiii.
cxxxiv.
A/N: END
cxxxv.
cxxxvi.
cxxxvii.
cxxxviii.
cxxxix.
cxl.
cxli.
EXTRA: BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL
cxlii.
cxliii.
cxliv.
cxlv.
cxlvi.
cxlvii.
cxlviii.
cxlix.
cl.
Epilogue
Family Trees & Characters
TRANSLATIONS
FAN ART
>>Q&A>>
EXIT GUIDE
REDBUBBLE
SEQUEL
EXTRAS

xv.

93K 7.1K 5.6K
By xgoldenxmaknaex

some language ahead

(just letting ya know cause this is a family-oriented story and i don't want to blindside you)

"Stop calling this number."

"I helped pay for that phone. I'll call it as much as I want."

"I don't want you contacting us anymore."

"That's my decision, Namjoon. Not yours."

"You're right, your decision was to leave six kids behind so you could screw your boss."

"We're adults, Namjoon. Let's be mature about this."

"I think the fuck not."

"Our marriage wasn't going to last, not with that many kids. We were full time babysitters, Namjoon. We never had time to stay in love."

"If it's love, it shouldn't be something you have to schedule in."

"Well, that's what it felt like."

"..."

"Do you hate me, Namjoon?"

"Sometimes."

"And the other times?"

"I hate myself for not hating you."

"Do you regret marrying me?"

"No."

"Oh?"

"Because now I have six lovely children to raise, and that never would have happened if I wouldn't have shoved a ring on your finger."

"See? It's always about the kids with you."

"Yeah. Did you hear an apology?"

"You're so childish."

"Well, I spend every day around six toddlers, so it was bound to happen."

"Look, I-"

"If this is about Jin again, the answer is still no. Not not right now. No as in never. No as in would you please stop calling this number because I hate seeing the voicemail sign flashing."

"This isn't about Jin."

"Well, you can't have Yoongi either. Or Hobi, or Jimin, or-"

"I don't want them."

"Well, first, you're stupid to say that and second, you can't have them."

"I meant I don't want them permanently."

"And let me repeat myself-"

"I want weekends."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"This isn't up to you, Namjoon. It's a question of legal authority."

"Well I don't give a-"

"Daddy?" Taehyung said, pushing the door open. "Daddy, is it time for dinn-"

"Not now, Tae," Namjoon snapped, looking up with the phone in one hand.

Tae's eyes widened before growing wet at being cut off harshly. "I-I'm s-sorry, Daddy, I w-won't do it ag-gain."

"Oh shi- shoot," Namjoon mumbled before putting the phone to his ear. "My answer is no. Don't call back," he said quickly before hanging up and running over to Tae. "I'm sorry, okay? I used a mean voice. It was a mistake. Forgive me, please?"

Tae hesitated before shaking his head. "Not forgiven."

Namjoon exhaled before running his hand through Taehyung's soft hair. "Please, sweetie. Daddy didn't mean to. He was just upset at- at someone. Okay? Please? Forgive me?"

Taehyung stuck his lower lip out and wiped at his eyes. Out of all of his beautiful children, Taehyung was one of the least reluctant to cry in front of him, probably because he felt he had to be strong for Jungkook, the youngest, and Jimin, was who naturally more sensitive. Yoongi cried when he got emotional, Hobi cried when he got hurt, and Jin cried when he felt bullied, but Taehyung rarely cried at all. Instead, he was always there when one of his brothers shed a tear, making funny faces or noises or trying to startle them into laughter. Namjoon loved that about him, but it worried him too. He wanted Taehyung to feel free to express himself honestly.

So, in a way, he was glad that Taehyung was crying. Namjoon felt that it was something everyone needed to do once in a while.

He hugged Taehyung so that Tae's face was enveloped in Namjoon's sweatshirt. "I'm sorry, baby," he whispered. "I know it's my fault but you can cry, okay? I won't tell any of them, and they won't make fun of you anyway. Okay?"

Taehyung bobbed his head slightly and just stood still for five minutes before backing up, his eyes puffy. "Daddy?"

"Yes, baby?"

"I forgive you."

Namjoon smiled, playing with Taehyung's hair because it was just so dang soft and fluffy. "Thank you, Tae."

"Daddy?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Were you talking to Mommy on the phone?"

Namjoon's hand froze on top of Tae's head as he stayed silent.

"Mommy's not coming back, is she?" Taehyung asked, his voice quiet.

Namjoon sighed and messed Tae's hair up. "No, sweetie, she's not."

"Oh." And Tae put his face back in Namjoon's sweatshirt and stood there for another few minutes.

Finally, Tae pulled back, his eyes twice as puffy as before. "Okay, I'm done now," he said.

"All right, sweetie. But if you ever want to cry, I'm here for you, okay?"

"I wasn't crying," Taehyung said defensively.

"Okay." Namjoon tried not to grin, and he lost the urge when he thought of his next words. "Tae?"

"Yes, Daddy?"

"Please don't...don't tell your brothers yet, okay?"

Tae paused before nodding. "All right, Daddy."

Namjoon sighed before jumping up. "All right. Mac and cheese for dinner."

Tae's whole face lit up. "The ones with the fun shapes?!"

"You bet."

Tae sprinted out of the room and Namjoon took a moment to sit back down on the bed.

How long before they all figure it out? That I'm just doing my best, that I don't really know what I'm doing?

That Mommy isn't coming home?

double update

thanks guys for 2k reads ❤️

and i'm lowkey obsessed with tae's hair right now

it just looks so soft

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 6.4K 34
Jungkook was still in high school when his girlfriend told him the news. How will he raise this child on his own? Who will even be there to support h...
665K 22.9K 42
Taehyung is just a simple boy who meets a boy with a strong personality while on a school graduation trip. Two years later, they meet again. Will the...
128K 4.9K 24
[Completed] Taehyung's long term trauma has never ceased to an end when his parents had both died in tragedy. Constantly hidden from the world,Taehyu...
497K 25.1K 53
" Congratulations Mrs Byun, the procedure was successful! You are now pregnant!" " Tell me the bad news...." " Uhm-uh..... you see-hmm.... The seven...