Refuge

By xinkedHeartx

BOOK 2 • YOU MUST read book 1: Shelter otherwise you'll be lost. ▬... More

Refuge
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
NEW BOOK ALERT
NEW BOOK is Edited

Chapter 12

50.7K 1.5K 1.1K
By xinkedHeartx

*Ella*

I banged my penthouse door several times, in hopes it would close but it would just swing wide open.
Everything in the penthouse was still in it's place, they only took me. I was thankful for that, the damage Josh had done several nights ago costs me a lung and rib, I couldn't afford another renovation now.
So I grabbed the coffee table close by and pushed it all the way towards the door, holding it closed.

I tried to ignore it, but I was in pain. Everything was just aching and my breathing was rapidly low.
I let him in for a few minutes and he proves me wrong, he didn't change.
A part of me was thankful he didn't touch me, sex-wise and a part of me thought maybe if he did, in that moment he would think about me and what he's losing.

I sat on the lounge room couch and held myself together. Although the pain was tremendously painful, I didn't sob or weaken myself.
It's my fault I accepted his lies and his fault for being a sweet, good liar.

My door banged and the coffee table wobbled.
I gulped.

"Ella?"

Jack's voice put my mind at ease, I rushed over towards the door and moved the table out of the way as he walked in.

"Hey" I smiled weakly.

"Are you alone?" he asked, looking around.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"How are you?" he said, looking down at his phone "Sorry I know it's almost sunrise, but I was worried"

"It's fine actually" I rubbed my shoulder.

"Have you not slept yet?" He asked.

I shook my head. As I looked down, I noticed I was in Josh's top. "I do want to sleep though"

"Oh, right" Jack looked away.

"Jack" I whispered, followed by a light gulp. "Spend the night with me"

Jack frowned but smiled "Alright, if you insist" he said, placing the coffee table back behind the door.

I instantly found lips against his as my hands forced him close, wrapping around the back of his head.
Maybe I was looking for closure, maybe I was feeling something.

He didn't waste time, kissing me back deeply before beginning to remove the shirt I had taken from Josh.

Button after button he unbuckled as our lips remained together.
As he removed my shirt and tossed it aside, he removed his own casual shirt before attempting to remove my bra.

It's been a long night, ironically I had stabbed someone and argued with the only man who runs through my mimd. So was I acting sober or reality sort of drunk?

As my bra was about to come off, the door banged and I turned right around.
Holding my loose bra against my chest, I frowned as the door was shoved open.

"Damn this door" Nicolas said, squeezing through.

"Nicolas" I froze, nervous that I was almost naked.

"Ella" his eyes wide, "Jack"

"Nicolas" Jack nodded, rubbing the back of his head as he stood shirtless.

"Jack" Nicolas repeated.

"Nicolas" I gulped, trying to break the weird tension.

"Ella" Nicolas repeated.

God, what is wrong with you?
"What is it, what are you here?" I tried to put us all back on topic.

"Uh" Nicolas cleared his throat, turning to the side.

"What, what is it?!" I began to get angry.

"Your thingy" he said, looking away.

"My what?!" I sighed.

"Your boob" he pointed midair.

I looked down, noticing my nipple peek. Well fuck.
I turned Jack's way, insisting he put my bra together again before apologising and putting the top I borrowed from Josh back on.
"Why are you here, Nicolas?"

"I just need you to come with me to the club"

"What?" I looked towards the time that positioned above the lounge room tv. "At 6am?"

"Sunrise" Nicolas nodded "It's practically a new day, day time"

"Normal people sleep at 6am" I frowned.

"But you aren't" he gulped, trying to hide the fact I was about to have sex with Jack.

"Why do I need to go with you? what could I possibly have at the club?"

"Well by law, you're meant to sign out when you leave work there. Some leader has been up my ass for an entire year, demanding I give him papers of proof that you signed out completely otherwise he'll issue some blah trash to fuck us up"

"I don't care, not my loss" I shrugged.

"Please" Nicolas pouted with an eye roll.

I rolled my eyes, "Why am I so unlucky" I grabbed my phone off the bench top and my useless housekeys since the door was broken. "I..." I faced Jack, "I'll just see you tomorrow" I said, knowing when I come back I'll probably crash which means I have no energy for sex then.
"Make it quick" I looked at Nicolas.

"Ofcourse" he said, following me out.

**
Once we arrived at the club, Nicolas had given me his coat to cover almost everything as I remained in Josh's shirt and my slides.

As always, the club was full.
Strippers, sex, dancing, drinking...everything.
It was like a getaway, I guess.

I followed Nicolas through the club, grabbing hold of his hand so my short body wouldn't lose itself amongst these high on drugs people around us.
He dragged me through the club and towards the office.

Letting go of his hand, I pulled the coat tightly around me as he unlocked Josh's office.

Standing behind him, I think my heart reached my feet.
I gulped.

Nicolas gulped too.
"Not again" he whispered.

again?

Josh leaned up, naked, before rushing to put pants on as a female positioned naked on the office desk.

again?
I questioned Nicolas.

"Nicolas" Josh groaned "It's locked for a fucking reason"

"You said to bring Ella to sign the papers"

"A week ago!" Josh sighed.

Nicolas shrugged but not caring, noticing my deep gawk at the naked female on the table.

Josh zipped up his grey pants and tightened his brown leather belt before walking towards us.

"Ella"

I shook my head. "How stupid"

Nicolas stood in-between us, looking down at me.

"I want to believe you can change, like you promise me. But I can't keep holding my breath thinking you can, watching you break everything all over again"

Josh sighed.

"You can't tell me all these sweet words, you need me and what not, only to be hitting up other...other ladies...to satisfy you temporarily!"

"Ella" Josh sighed again.

"A dog is a dog" I chuckled in pain "Keep your tricks, keep your lies"

"I can't do anything" Josh shrugged "You want to play like this, welcome to my world" he leaned in towards me.

"Play like this?" I frowned in anger "This isn't playing. It's called being normal, this is how you get a female to like you! It's not all about shoving your dick inside one and claiming her. Welcome to the real world!" I yelled, leaning forward.

"I have my own world" he whispered as we both leaned in towards each other.

"I hope it burns you to ashes" I whispered through my gripped teeth. "You animal"
I turned around and walked away.

"What" Josh's voice echoed through the office hallway. "You're just going to hit me with 'I don't want to see you again, leave me alone blah blah'"

"Exactly!" I yelled, with my back towards him "Leave me the fuck alone!" I added.

Josh chuckled, setting me on fire.

I smirked, turning around "Go play with your bitches!" I opened my hands wide as I stood still.

"Play? I thought we already were" Josh sarcastically said.

I sighed with a smile.
I don't know, but something clicked inside of me.

Now, it was time I laugh while he breaks.

Time to play the reverse card.
Goodbye, old Ella.

Hello demons.  

____________________________

so yall ready for a clap back Ella & a crying Josh?
because im fucking ready mannnn ABOUT TIME LMAO
LETS SEE WHAT ELLA GOTS

Mia x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 115 15
I'm super bad at this 😑 This is my first story, It's cringe trust me. Not for under 18, But I can't exactly stop you so...
18.1K 268 19
This book has been deleted twice, this is the second time I'm reuploading it. THIS BOOK WILL CONTAIN SMUT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
54.7K 1.2K 22
𝑨𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃, 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓. �...
39.4K 731 77
I had a one night stand with the self-proclaimed businessman of Manhattan, New York. I have told myself it can't happen again, it just can't. I get t...