Red Eyes are Dangerous ~ A De...

By allegiaant

Mackenzie Low is the 19 year old cousin of Stiles Stilinski. And after 6 years away from Beacon Hills she's f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Season 2!)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Season 3a
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 ~ Season 3b
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 ~ Season 4
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
5 months later...
Epilogue

Chapter 32

810 16 0
By allegiaant

I'm walking around the woods when I come across the Hale House, that's not right. I walk up to it and instantly smell death mixed with blood. I walk around to the back of the house and see a bloodbath. My Parents, Stiles, my uncle, all my friends, Derek's family. They're all lying there lifeless with claw marks and bites all over them. I see a hand go up, I run to it and see its Derek, he's lying in a puddle of his own blood. I look down at my hands to see blood all over them, I haven't touched any of them. I pull Derek's body onto my lap, he's struggling for breath, 

"Derek." I say. 

"You did this to us. You killed us all. It's your fault." 

I'm shocked that he would say this to me, 

"No Derek, I didn't kill you. Any of you." 

I watch as the light leaves his eyes. I look up to see Kate, 

"That's the first step. You're dangerous. You killed your family, friends and worst of all, you killed your Mate." She laughs and gestures for me to follow her. I get up and attack her. 

I pin her to the floor, I feel the rush of power. I grow my claws. 

"This time stay dead." 

I put my claws on her throat then rip it out. To make sure she stays dead I rip and tear at any skin I can find. I then hear someone behind me applauding, I turn to see Peter. 

"You, you made me do this." He nods. 

"You're my Beta Mackenzie. My bite gave you the power, and then you followed my plan. You got close to my family then you killed them for me, to save me the guilt." 

I run at him but before I can attack me he growls possessively making me forget everything that happened.

-------------------

I wake up with tears staining my face, 

"Derek," I whisper. 

I look to my hands and see my claws are out, and my wrists are bleeding. I must have done it in my sleep. Most people will talk in their sleep. But what do I do? I claw my wrists. I get changed and sit around for a while when I get a text,

From: Derek

Hey, come to the loft I need to talk to you x

I shiver. I leave and head towards the loft. I slide the door open and see Derek and Peter. They turn to see me, I heard them arguing, well more like shouting at each other. 

"Kenzie, what happened yesterday?" 

I look to Derek confused. 

"Peter told me you asked him for help," 

I shoot Peter a glare to which he holds his hands up in surrender. 

"I needed to talk to Talia." 

Derek looks at me and I can't read his expression. We both look to Peter and he says, 

"What?" 

Derek talks to him while I look the other way. 

"Go. Out now." Derek tells Peter, pointing to the door I'm stood by. 

Peter walks over to my side and puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head and look at him. Peter slides the door behind him. I suddenly get worried I'm alone with Derek. I mean not that it scares me because the last time we were alone together, we well slept together. But I've got a feeling that's not gonna happen this time. I walk over and sit down on the sofa, tense as anything. I've always been scared of this side of him, the quiet side, the side where I don't know whether he's going to scare me half to death, it always happened when we were kids, especially after he started dating Kate. He did it once and I was terrified, it was after I told him what I thought of Kate.

-x- (Long Flashback)

I walk up to the Hale house and knock on the door. Talia opens it, 

"Hey Mackenzie." 

"Hi Talia, I was wondering if Derek was here, I wanted to talk to him." 

She nods and lets me in. Cora runs up to me. 

"Kenzie!" She says while pulling me into a hug, 

"Hey Cor!" I return her hug. 

When I see Derek I stiffen, I came here to talk to him about Kate, his new girlfriend. 

"Hey Derek." 

He nodded to me, since he's been dating Kate, he hasn't really spoken to me or hung out with me. 

"Derek can I talk to you?" 

"Yeah sure,"

He takes my hand and drags me to his room, I sit down on the bed and he sits next to me. 

"Derek, um." 

I don't know how to say this. 

"I'm just gonna come out with this. I've got a weird feeling about Kate. I mean she's nice and I like her it's just I've got a feeling that she's going to use you. It happens to people a lot. I just don't want you getting hurt, not again." I say. 

Paige only died a year ago and I feel like he's not giving himself enough time to grieve. He's silent and I'm getting scared. 

"Derek?" 

"I knew you would say that! You're just jealous that Kate's with me and you're not!" 

"Me? Jealous of Kate? In your dreams lover boy!" 

He looks at me and then I regret saying that instantly, but I don't apologise. 

"Yeah you're just jealous that she's got the body and the popularity a guy like me wants and deserves!" 

Ouch that hurt. 

"Yeah? Well I don't need a body like hers I could get a guy solely on brains, at least unlike Kate I didn't have to sleep with every guy in my way to get people to notice me." 

"You don't mean that!" 

"Don't I? She's using you Derek and when you find out I won't give you sympathy because I warned you!" I shout. 

He slaps me across my face. I put my hand over the spot that stings I feel blood and feel a slight cut, that's strange. 

"Kenzie, I'm sorry, I didn't ..." 

I cut him off. 

"No I get it Derek. I hope you two are very happy together. Don't choke on her tongue next time you kiss her!" I say and run out of the room. 

I run down the stairs and am about to leave when Cora stops me. 

"Kenzie? Why are you crying? What happened?" 

I look at her and wipe away the tear that I had shed. I shake my head then Talia comes over, Cora goes to question me again when I cut her off. 

"Nothing happened Cor, I'm fine." I say smiling. 

I don't want her to get annoyed at Derek for something I started, and I don't want Derek and his family falling out. 

"You're lying." Cora says to me I look at her. 

"You have a tell." 

I look at Talia and Cora and they nod. Then Talia speaks for the first time since she came over to my side, 

"Your mouth twitches." 

I instantly cover my mouth causing Cora and Talia to laugh. I turn to Cora. 

"I'm gonna go now. I'll see you later and if I don't you can always come over. You're always welcome at my house." I say, she hugs me and I hug her back. 

"When will you come back over?" 

I pull away from the hug. 

"I don't know, but I think for now it might be a while." 

I look back to the stairs then back to Cora. She looks upset, she's only just turned 12 and it's a lot to say to a preteen who's seen me her whole life. As a 14 year old I'm used to people saying stuff like this to me. 

"But" 

I watch as a tear falls from her eye, 

"Hey, I'll see you at school and you can talk to me all you want there." I say wiping the tear away from her eye. 

I pull her into another hug and then pull away and kiss her forehead. 

"You're still my little sister. Remember that. Even if I'm not here in your house you can still talk to me, you have my phone number so you can call me." 

She nods I turn around to see Laura. She walks over to me, I can always trust Laura. She walks over to me and takes my hand and pulls me out of the house and to a part of the woods far from the house. 

"Kenzie, what happened?" 

I look at Laura. I can always trust Laura.

"It's Derek. I told him what I thought of Kate, and he wasn't happy to hear my opinion and he said some stuff that hurt. And then he slapped me across my face. And strangely I got a cut on my face where he hit me." 

She nods and I see anger in her eyes, she looks to my cheek. She wipes some blood off my face. 

"It's bleeding. Isn't it?" 

She nods. 

"Laura, please don't say anything. I don't want him knowing I told you and I don't want him getting into trouble." 

She shakes her head. 

"See that's why I like you and dislike you at the same time." 

"Thanks." I say sarcastically. 

"But you can't let him treat you like dirt. Look I won't tell my mother but I'll talk to him." 

I shake my head. 

"No, I don't want anyone talking him into apologising. I want him to do it himself and not over text or in school. I want him to apologise to me himself with no-one around him. Yes what he said hurt, but I'm not the sort of person who gets annoyed from what people say to me." 

Since I turned 14 I've gotten more confident and I made some friends, but the Hale family, will always be like my second family. No-one can replace them. Laura walks me home. I get to the side walk and she hugs me. I hug back and watch as she walks back to the woods. I turn and run into the house and run straight to my room, before the tears start falling. After my dad and brother left my mom's been worried about me, and if she saw me crying she would go over edge and probably get me a therapist. I slam my door and put my phone on the bedside table. It buzzes once, twice, thrice. I pick it up the fourth time it buzzes and I see Derek's caller ID. I decline the call. I lock my phone then unlock it again. My wallpaper is a picture of Derek and I smiling. I lock it and put it on my bedside table. My gaze drifts to the framed photo of Derek and I, we're both smiling at the funfair. I was 10 Derek was 12. It was fun back then. Back then we were inseparable, his parents and my mom thought it was so adorable. I pick the picture up from my bedside table and run my thumb over Derek's hand holding mine. I smile through the tears. But then I remember what he said and did to me. I take the photo in my right hand and throw it at the wall. Right now I don't care if my mom hears me I need a hug from her. She, Cora, Laura and Talia know all too well how much I love Derek. Even Peter figured it out and surprisingly he hasn't said anything to Derek. I get off of my bed and sit on the floor and cry to myself. I hear the door open and my mom walk in and sit down next to me. 

"Baby, what's wrong?" 

I don't look at her, instead I stare at the picture lying on the floor with shards of glass surrounding it. 

"Oh baby. Did something happen between you and Derek?" 

I nod. 

"I voiced my opinion to him about Kate. And he didn't like it, so he said some hurtful stuff to me and then I left." I say crying. 

My mom pulls me into her warm embrace that I am grateful for. I avoided Derek and Kate as much as I could at school. But then one day. Derek cornered me in a hallway. He apologised multiple times and I ended up giving him another chance.

But then the next month I had to move. My mom had just got a new job in San Francisco. My mom drove over to the Hale house and I hugged Laura, 

"I'm gonna miss you. I'm gonna miss being able to trust someone like I could trust you." 

I hug Cora and she's in tears it's so sad and pulls on my heart. 

"Hey," I say bending down so I'm eye level with her. 

Wiping away her tears, I continue, 

"I'm always here just phone me when you need to talk. I'll answer" 

"Won't you be out with your new friends?" 

"Cor, I would never ignore a call from you. I promise." 

She lifts her pinky finger up. 

"Pinky promise?" 

I nod linking my pinky with hers. 

"Pinky promise." 

She hugs me and I hug her back, 

"Hey let me know how your soccer tournament goes. Here." 

I take off my necklace with a basketball on it and my initials on it and my number on the back of the basketball. I finally plucked up enough courage to join the basketball team I was the first girl to join the basketball team as it consisted of boys. And after I did my mom got me this necklace, on the back it reads

M.L

06

"But Kenzie this is your lucky necklace, you've won every game with that." 

I place the necklace around her neck and clip it at the back. 

"Yeah and now it's yours. It will give you good luck and help you to score." 

She smiles and hugs me. I laugh at her excitement. Then I whisper in her ear. 

"Look after Derek for me. I don't know what he'll do without me." 

She nods and giggles. 

"I will I promise. After all he is my big brother." She whispers the last part. 

Finally I turn to Derek, Laura puts a hand on my shoulder. 

"I think you two need some time alone." She whispers in my ear. 

I look to her and nod. 

"Let's give these two sometime alone." She says then ushers everyone out, see I can always trust Laura. 

"I'm gonna miss you." I say he nods and pulls me in for a hug, I return the hug. 

We pull away from the hug and I think about how I'm going to say what I need to tell him. 

"Derek, I'm-" I'm cut off when Derek's lips meet mine. 

Confusing I know. He pulls away. 

"Why did you do that?" 

He looks at me with a smile that I fall in love with instantly. 

"Because, well I have been meaning to tell you for some time now, Kenzie, I love you." 

I smile. 

"Derek, I love you too. I have for a while now." 

He smiles then pulls me back into a kiss. After we break away I hear my mom calling me. And that was my last memory of Beacon Hills.

-x- (End of Long Flashback)

A few weeks after I left the Hale fire happened.

"Derek?" I say, I didn't realise that I had my hand on his and he saw everything I did. 

"Mackenzie, when was that from?" I stiffen. 

"When I told you my views on Kate." 

I see hurt and anger flash across his eyes. 

"I would never hurt you or scare you. You know that right?" I nod. 

"Why did you want to talk to my mother?" 

I look anywhere but his eyes. I settle with staring at the floor. 

"I needed her help. I needed the advice of an experienced Alpha. And Peter was out of the question. I asked her what I do because I'm not prepared for anything. I told her that I was worried about you," 

He puts his hand on my chin and pulls my head round to face his, 

"Do you trust me?" 

I nod my head. 

"Wholeheartedly. Why?" 

He smiles. 

"Then don't worry about me." 

"I can't not worry about you. Do you know the feeling I got before you came across the pack that got poisoned and then you found Braeden?" 

He shakes his head. 

"I had an Asthma attack. I haven't had one of those in years. I felt like someone had stuck my head under water, I couldn't breathe. I thought I was going to die. I thought you were going to die. Usually I can tell when I'm about to have an Asthmatic attack, it's like a warning signal my body gives me. But that time I had no warning it just came. Ever since that experience and ever since we finished the bond I have been alert and always worried you could walk into someone with a Wolfsbane bullet with your name on it." 

He presses his lips to mine making me calm instantly, damn him. Then I remember Braeden, I can't stay here doing nothing while she's lying on a hospital bed in a medically induced coma. The girl who saved Isaac and nearly got herself killed in the process, the girl who saved Derek and Peter from the clutches of the Caleveras. I'm an Alpha, I have to do something about this. As if Derek hears my thoughts he breaks away from the kiss. 

"What's bothering you?" 

I look into his green eyes remembering how they were once electric blue. I need to be honest with him, right now especially. 

"I don't know. I'm worried about Braeden and the rest of Brett's pack. I'm an Alpha, I should be able to handle this, but every time something happens I just don't feel ready to take responsibility, like when you started losing your power. It's my responsibility to keep you safe, and I just- I just don't know. My instincts make me want to cower in a corner like a scared little girl. I'm not like this." 

He takes my hand, as I elaborate. 

"And well the truth is. I'm terrified- I'm terrified something's going to happen and- and there's nothing I can do to prevent it." 

I stand up and Derek follows. I walk to the door when I feel Derek's hand wrap around my wrist, 

"What're you doing?" 

"I'm going to the hospital, I need to know what happened to that pack and Braeden's the only way I can find out." 

He follows and then we get into his car. When we reach the hospital he takes my hand, I walk into the room that Braeden's in and I see her lying on the bed, Derek walks over and sits on the chair next to the bed. He grabs Braeden's hand and I sit on the windowsill looking out at the town that I've somehow come to love. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lovelies! 

I know it happened like a week ago, but what did you think about the finale? I was in absolute tears when it finished. Like I couldn't grasp the fact that Teen Wolf is over. Other people would  say it's just a TV show. But to others, it's how they made friends, how they can escape from reality. For me Teen Wolf helped me develop my love for writing. Hell, my first fanfiction (this one) is devoted to it. It's sad to see it go. But hopefully, they'll do a spin off or a reboot or something, in the future. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter, it's kinda short. And soz for the little emotional rant about Teen Wolf.

~Megan  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 3.3K 34
The last thing James "Jay" Hale ever imagined was to begrudgingly return to Beacon Hills, find out his older sister was murdered, and then be forced...
353K 10.1K 29
𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...
19K 834 17
After Scott's pack defeated Void Stiles, they thought they had gotten rid of him for good. But when Stiles finds himself fighting a battle he can't w...
18.9K 597 13
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...