Bad In Detail

By AudreyBalogun

"I've ran into you twice today looking helpless, is this how helpless you look everyday?" She looked up at m... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Acknowledgements
Something to note

Chapter 11

6.2K 208 80
By AudreyBalogun

Kyle is angry. Anger is an understatement, he is furious. I didn't think he would notice, afterall I wiped the tears off my cheeks. Caleb, Sawyer & Amira just kept on staring at the two of us. It was awkward.

"I'm not crying," I frowned.

"You're not crying but you sure as hell cried!" He half yelled.

"Look I'm not crying okay, I'm smiling. See?" I pointed at my now grinning face.

"You are a terrible liar," Sawyer said dryly.

Kyle just kept on staring at me, studying my face as if it held some answers to his questions.

"Kyle let's just go home I'm not crying," I said sounding tired. Honestly, the news Paige gave made me weak. It's best I just rest at home.

He stared blankly.

"Kyle I'm serious."

"Fine!" He huffed.

He said his goodbyes to Sawyer & Caleb and we got in the car with Amira in the back seat.

The car was silent and the aura was awkward. We just sat there and I could see Kyle's knuckles were so white from grabbing the steering. He is still mad. I decided to break the silence with an introduction.

"This is Amira, Kyle."

Amira's head shot up from her phone on hearing her name and just stared. Kyle on the other hand looked through the rearview mirror at Amira earning a smile from her.

"She's my friend," I continued.

"Cool, but what about Paige?" He asked.

My body tensed up & Amira could notice it too. Ugh! I wish he never brought up that name.

I ignored his question and continue talking.

"She's Muslim and from Pakistan."

"Cool," He shrugged.

"Nice to meet you," Amira smiled.

"Wait, ain't you supposed to be using hijab and stuff."

"Well... It's not compulsory," Amira trailed off.

"But you still meant to be using a scarf on your head right?" Kyle asked.

Well, he might be true about that because I heard Muslims cover their head and Amira isn't using a veil and all.

"Yes, but I don't really feel like. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't," She grinned.

"Hmm... And you pray five times a day?" He asked looking at her from the rearview mirror.

"Yes! I certainly do that. I'm not really religious and all but I certainly do that."

He nodded.

It's nice that they are talking and getting along. Honestly, I thought Kyle would be rude and all but they seem just fine.

After some minutes Amira alights at her house & thanks Kyle bidding us goodbye. I'm really going to miss her company.

We resume on the road and Kyle kept on a straight face looking ahead the whole time. Everywhere was silent and really disturbing. Why would he be angry, it's my business, not his. I couldn't bear the silence & his face was really stern. I just had to say something.

"Kyle? Kyle, I'm sorry."

Nothing. His hand just gripped the steering tighter.

"Kyle?"

Nothing again

I was really pissed now.

"I don't get why you angry it's not like it's your business."

Screech!

He pushed the brakes of the car and came to a halt. I was shocked at his sudden outburst.

"It's not my business? Seriously Lia?! Everything about you is my business especially when you cry!" He roared.

Okay, I was a little taken aback. I didn't know what to say, my mouth was agape.

"Something made you cry and I asked you but you decided to keep it from me and you think I won't be mad? Hell, I'm ire."

"Kyle you didn't need to know," I mumbled.

"Someone made you cry & I didn't need to know? For fucks sake I'm your fucking boyfriend Lia. I need to know everything, I need to underst-"

I cut him off.

"It's Paige alright!" I yell, tears streaming down my face. "It's Paige," I whispered still sobbing.

"Paige?" He asked confused.

I nodded.

"What happened?" He asked with a tone of care and worry.

"She said she didn't want to be friends with me again because her boyfriend Aidan doesn't like me," I sniffed while drying my tears.

"So that's what made you cry?" He raised a brow, "Because someone doesn't want to be your friend again?" Irritation clear in his voice.

"You don't understand, she was my first and only friend."

"Was. Now you have me and Amira and probably Sawyer and Caleb. You have us. You lost one person that was replaced by four. That's justifiable trust me."

"I don't know Kyle. She was pretty mean. I feel worthless."

"Hey hey hey, look at me," He used his index finger to lift my chin. "No one can ever make you feel worthless. Don't you ever say that. You are worth more than anything in this world. If you were worthless, I wouldn't have asked you out. Trust me." He smiled.

I couldn't help but smile back. He's right though and now that I think of it, Paige hasn't really been a friend. She wants to be the centre of attraction every time and even though she has tried being friends with Helen Keller, the most popular girl in school and it didn't work out, she tried other means and I think dating Aidan is one of them.

He starts the car and we are back on the road. He approached my house but makes a turn away from the direction leading there.

"Where are we going? My house is that way." I pointed in the direction.

"I know." He grinned.

"Kyle."

"Simmons," He smirked.

"Oh my! Kill me now! Kyle are you serious? We're going to Simmons?!"

He nodded.

Yaaaaay!

I know you all must be wondering why I'm so excited. Simmons is a place of heaven. Its earth's heaven. They have all kinds of chocolates, candy and everything there is made of chocolates. I love there but it's expensive and there's no one to take me. But luckily Kyle is going to!

"I know it's not been up to a day but you're the best boyfriend ever!" I scream.

"I know, I know."

***

We got to Simmons a while later & everywhere looks so beautiful. I perceived chocolate immediately I entered. I'm home!

We sat on a chair opposite each other and the waiter came to take our order.

"Hi and welcome to Simmons what would you like to have." The waiter asked, handing out the menu to us.

"What do you want Lia?" Kyle asked.

I smile looking into the menu. It's so hard to choose from all these. I want all. This is so hard to choose. I guess I just have to settle down for a thing.

"I'll have the chocolate covered cherry cookies," I say smiling.

"That's all? I thought you love chocolates so much."

"Wait, I can ask for more?" I inquire with my eyes widened.

"Sure, as much as you want babe."

"Really?!" I squeal.

He nods. Yaaaaaay!

My eyes went back to the menu.

"Okay, I will have a chocolate trifle, a hot fudge ice cream bar dessert, chocolate pudding and the chocolate covered cherry cookies." I return the menu and was grinning like a child who has just been given candy. Well, I'm being given chocolates so it's like the same I guess.

I just kept on grinning, at this stage, my cheeks will begin to hurt.

"What about you sir?" The waiter turned to Kyle waiting for his order.

"I'll just have a chocolate cake." He said, returning his menu. The waiter smiled and nodded, leaving us.

"You only ordered a chocolate cake?" I frowned.

"Yeah, I don't really like chocolates." He shrugged.

"What?! How could you not?" I said, putting my hand over my chest like I was about to have a heart attack.

He shrugged again.

What?! Such a weird boy, who doesn't like chocolates.

The waiter comes back with a tray of three of my orders and sets it in front of me. I am pleased.

I start with the chocolate trifle and damn it is good! The trifle is made with layers of brownies, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping chilled to the perfect.

I dig a spoon in it and put it in my mouth. Divine! It tastes even better than I want it to.

The waiter arrives a while later with the remaining orders and sets them in front of Kyle and me after which he left.

"Kyle can I start by saying you are the best boyfriend ever!"

He chuckles while munching on his chocolate cake. "You said that before."

"Well, I'm gonna say it again you the best boyfriend ever."

He smiled, He melts my wall when he shares the most captivating smile. Kyle finds it really challenging to smile and it makes me smile back as I look into his eyes and wonder what I did to deserve him. No one has ever done this for me, this means a lot.

***

After two hours of chocolate madness, Kyle says we have to go and trust me I didn't want to. I just want to savour the moment and enjoy more chocolates every day. Though he tells them to pack a chocolate cake, brownies & more chocolates, I wasn't satisfied. I just want to drown in the pool of chocolate.

We start to make our way to the parking lot holding hands.

"Kyle why did we have to go," I whined.

"Aren't you filled?"

"No," I smiled. "I can never be filled when it comes to chocolates."

He sighed, "Babe your hand is full besides I'm still carrying a bag full of chocolates for you."

Babe, the hottest guy in school just called me babe! I'm living the dream. "Well..." I trailed off.

"You're gonna have indigestion at this rate."

"Naa, it's chocolate."

"The more reason. I shouldn't have agreed to buy all these for you."

"But you did and I'm grateful." I smiled.

We got to the car and I drop the bags in the backseat but Kyle just flung it.

"Careful! My babies are in there!" I half yelled.

He shook his head and got into the driver's seat. I on the other hand took some brownies that I could munch on, on the way home.

I get into the passenger seat and Kyle looks at me in astonishment.

"You're still gonna eat that? After all you ate in there?"

"Yeah," I grinned.

He shook his head starting the engine while I close the door.

After munching on my brownies for about fifteen minutes, disturbing Kyle by making irritating sounds while chewing and earning glares from him we reached hell.

My home... Yaaaay! Note the sarcasm.

"See you in school tomorrow," He leaned in to kiss me.

I think I need to work on my kissing game since I'm still a rookie and seems like Kyle likes this very much.

We pull apart and I grin.

"You taste like chocolates," He said

"Well, I taste good," I smiled then I frown immediately.

"You don't think I'm a bad kisser do you, because I'm still a rookie. I'm thinking of working on that."

"Well not to worry I'll take care of that." Kyle smiled and gave me a peck on my lips.

I smiled and I think I'm relieved.

I get down and open the door to the backseat carefully bringing my babies out. Yep! They mine! I get them and shut the door.

"Thanks so much, Kyle, for everything."

He smiled. "No one can make you feel worthless except yourself okay?"

"Yeah sure." I smiled. "See you!"

And he drove off.

***

I got into the house with my hands full of chocolate and noticed dad wasn't at home.

"Thank god!" I breathed a sigh of relief.

I walked up to my room & placed the bag in my wardrobe. There's no way in hell dad's gonna see this. Then I took off my clothes and settled for a shower.

Chapter 11 is Completed!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT. VOTE. SHARE!

I'm loving this Kyle, Lilia romance aren't you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 5.8K 29
"Sorry Mr. Diper." I try saying with a straight face. "It's Mr. Piper, Kristen how many times do I have to tell you?" I pretend to think hard. "How m...
168K 8.1K 52
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
Starbird By Kate

Teen Fiction

483K 14.7K 46
I am a nobody. My name is not known by millions or chanted in arenas. My face has never been plastered on a wall or vied after by screaming fans. Now...
156K 6.9K 59
ခွန်းသမိုးညို × သစ္စာမှိုင်းလွန် အရေးအသားမကောင်းခြင်း၊[+]အခန်းများမြောက်များစွာပါဝင်ပြီး ကိုယ့်အတွက်ဘာအကျိုးမှရမည်မဟုတ်တဲ့စာဖြစ်သည်နှင့်အညီ မကြိုက်လျ...