Little Miss Perfect

By writerbug44

Lindsay Wilson was born different from everybody else. No, she's not a vampire, werewolf, or some super hero... More

Ch. One
Ch. Two
Ch. Three
Ch. Four
Ch. Five
Ch. Six
Ch. Seven
Ch. Nine
Ch. Ten
Ch. Eleven
Ch. Twelve
Ch. Thirteen
Ch. Fourteen
Author's Note
Ch. Fifteen
Ch. Sixteen
Ch. Seventeen
Ch. Eighteen
Ch. Nineteen
Ch. Twenty
Ch. Twenty- One
Ch. Twenty- Two
Ch. Twenty- Three
Ch. Twenty- Four
Ch. Twenty- Five
Ch. Twenty- Six
Ch. Twenty- Seven
Ch. Twenty- Eight
Ch. Twenty- Nine
Ch. Thirty
Ch. Thirty- One
Ch. Thirty- Two
Ch. Thirty- Three
Ch. Thirty- Four
Ch. Thirty- Five
Ch. Thirty- Six
Ch. Thirty- Seven
Ch. Thirty- Eight
Ch. Thirty- Nine
Ch. Forty
Ch. Forty- One
Ch. Forty- Two
Ch. Forty- Three
Ch. Forty- Four
Ch. Forty- Five
Ch. Forty- Six [Epilogue]
Goodbye </3

Ch. Eight

252K 8.5K 1.9K
By writerbug44

"Let's go, Luke! Hurry!" I whined. "Eat faster!"

He laughed. "Somebody's in a rush to get to school. What's the hurry? Excited to get to gym?"

I sighed. "Yep. That's it. I just love exercise. It's so... healthy."

"Right. It couldn't be that you want to go see Adam, right?"

I scoffed. "What? No, of course not. He's your friend, remember?"

"Is that why you have a date with him tonight?" He asked as we went out to his car.

"What?" I gasped, my face filling with red. "I-I don't have a date with him tonight."

"Sure you don't."

"I'm just helping him with calculus. Sounds romantic, huh?" I snorted sarcastically as we pulled up to Jack's house.

"It's a date." He said, firmly.

"Speaking of dates, when are you and Ariana going out?" I asked, taking the attention off of me and Adam, who aren't dating, by the way.

He paused, his face turning red. "Oh, uh, well- you see..."

I laughed. "You didn't ask her? Stupid boy." I tsked.

Jack made his way into the car and Luke sped off down the road.

"Hey, man." Luke said before returning his attention towards me. "No, I didn't. But that doesn't make whatever you're doing tonight not a date. It's a date."

"You're totally acting like a girl." I rolled my eyes.

"You have a date tonight?" Jack interupted.

"No." I said, at the same time that Luke said "Yes."

I rolled my eyes. "No." I said again.

Jack chuckled. "Seems like a date."

"W-what makes you say that?" I sputtered.

"You're blushing. You've got it bad." He sang.

"Shut up!" I squealed as Luke and Jack shared a high five. I crossed my arms and let out a huff.

"Chill, sweetheart. Adam thinks it's a date too." Jack said smugly.

I couldn't see his face so I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. "You're lying." I said confidently.

He looked back at me and smirked. "Am I?"

I nodded, even though I still wasn't completely sure. "Yes."

He shrugged. "Whatever you say, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that." I huffed, leaving the car and pushing through the crowd of whores. Luckily, I went unotices again.

First period came around and all I could think about was Adam. Last night, he kissed me and then I walked off before he could say anything. Stupid, stupid stupid!

My classes flew by quickly, which I was thankful for. Lunch was fun, with Miss. Miller and the art room. My charcoal drawing is almost done and I think it's going to turn out pretty well. 

By the time gym came around, I found myself in the locker room with the rest of the girls. Today, I brought blue shorts that were kind of short for my taste, but eh, well. I also had on a black tank top and my hair was in a tight pony tail, swaying whenever I ran.

I followed Ariana out of the locker room and into the gym where everybody was gathering in the center of the gym, around Mrs. Jacubs.

"Okay, so to start off the year I'm going to make a deal with you." She said with a smirk. Everybody waited for her to explain. "It's kind of a 'who knows your classmates better, me or you guys' kind of thing. This is how it works. You guys pick somebody to race and I pick somebody to race. If my guy wins, it's fifteen laps for everybody except for the winner. If you win, we'll have an ice cream party and no running for a week. Sound like a plan?" 

Everybody cheered, including me. 

"I vote for Trip!" Somebody yelled and most of the class rumbled in agreement. I found the boy who I have learned as Trip in the crowd, smiling proudly.

"No way." Luke interjected. "Lindsay's got this."

I groaned internally and noticed that the only people supporting Luke's vote were Jack, Ariana and.... Adam? I didn't know he had this class. 

"No way, dude. Trip won national's last year." Somebody bragged.

"Lindsay wasn't aloud to compete because she was too fast." Jack interrupted.... how did he know that?

The whole class was silent for a minute. "I still think we should go with Trip. I mean, c'mon dude, she's a girl. She can't be that fast." A guy said.

Luke shrugged. "Whatever, dude. But when we're running fifteen laps, it's on you."

"Hey, I have an idea." Mrs. Jacubs interrupted their debate. Everybody looked at her curiously. "People who are in favor of Trip, go sit on that side of the bleachers." Everybody started moving to where Mrs. Jacubs pointed on the bleachers. "Everybody who is in favor of Lindsay winning, sit on the other side." Jack, Luke, and Ariana made their way to the other side, leaving me and Trip standing on the gym floor with Mrs. Jacubs.

"Okay, so if Trip wins, Team Lindsay has to run for the week and they don't get the ice cream party like everyone else. If Lindsay wins, everybody except for Team Lindsay has to run the fifteen laps. Got it?" Team Lindsay? I don't like the sound of that. I also didn't like the sound of me winning against this guy and making my whole gym class hate me, but I wasn't going to let him win.

Mrs. Jacubs led the class to the track that traced the football field and the class took their seats on the bleachers while Trip stretched and I stood their like an idiot.

"Lindsay, it would help if you stretched." Mrs. Jacubs advised.

Trip snickered. "Sorry, babe, but nothing's going to help you win."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I don't like stretching. I'll be fine, though."

She looked unsure. "Alright, if you're sure."

I smiled. "I'm sure."

Trip stood up and looked at me with a friendly smile, he was kinda cute, if I do say so myself. He had dirty blond shaggy hair and bright blue eyes.

"Good luck." He chuckled.

"Thanks." I chirped sweetly. "I can only hope that I don't look like a complete idiot out there." 

He smirked. "If you think I'm going easy on you, you're sadly mistaken." He said as we walked to the starting line.

I smiled back. "I don't expect you to."

"Okay, so it's just three laps around the track. First one to finish, wins." Mrs. Jacubs announced.

Trip and I nodded in understanding and he got into a stance, preparing to run as I just stood their waiting.

"Ready... set... GO!" 

And we were off. I could have ran faster than I did, but I kept Trip's pace as he ran so that we were running side by side.

"You have quite some fans." I said nicely, nudging towards the class as they cheered and  hollered for Trip.

He shrugged. "They just want ice cream."

"I see."

"So you're like, really fast, huh?" He asked, breathing heavily.

I chuckled. "Yup." We were half way done with the first lap. 

He chuckled. "You seem nice."

I shrugged. "I try. You seem nice too."

Again, he chuckled. "I don't try."

"That's good. That means it comes easy for you to be nice."

"Yeah, I guess." He sighed.

"So, you're on the basketball team, right?" I asked as we turned the corner.

He nodded. "Basketball and track."

"So... y-you know A-Adam?" I asked quietly.

Trip smirked. "You like Adam?"

I shrugged. "Not really."

"Too bad, he sure as hell likes you." He muttered.

"He talks about me?" I squealed.

He laughed and we came around the corner again, completing the first lap. "Are you kidding? You are all he talks about."

"B-but that makes no sense." I groaned.

He smiled. "Sure it does."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Hope you like running fifteen laps a day." I sang.

He smirked and sped up his pace, speeding ahead of me. I chuckled and matched his pace again.

"Got to do better than that to beat the unbeatable." I smirked as I ran past him, finishing my second lap.

When I finished my third lap, Trip was only barely half way done.

The whole class started booing, except for Ariana, Luke, and Jack, who were cheering.

I did a sweet, small bow before running over to my friends and wrapping my arms around Luke.

"You owe me, big time." I grinned.

He chuckled. "Of course, you did great, though."

I scoffed. "Duh?"

He messed up my hair. "Cocky much?"

I messed up his hair back. "Don't you forget it."

"Okay, we have enough time to run a few laps. Get started, Team Trip." Mrs. Jacubs announced.

Collective groans rumbled from the other side of the bleachers as they stood up and started running around the track.

"You guys can go get dressed." She said to us.

We smiled then stood to our feet and started walking towards the locker rooms. 

"You're the best, Lindsay!" Jack called, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. That's kind of weird, since we don't really talk at all.

I chuckled awkwardly and smile. "Thanks, Jack."

I quickly got dressed and walked to my last period, side by side with Adam.

"So we're still on for tonight, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yup."

"Do you like peporoni? I was thinking we could order pizza or something." He said.

"Y-yeah, sure." I choked. He wanted to have dinner with me?! Ohmygoodness!

"Great." He chirped. "It's a date."

"It is?" I squealed as we walked into the class room.

He gave me a little smirk. "Not like a date date. But a date like, something planned. Isn't that what people say nowadays?" 

I forced myself to chuckle as my face flamed. "Yeah, I guess."

"So what time are you coming over, again?" He asked.

I thought for a minue "Uh, how about four?"

He nodded. "Sure."

Class went by quickly and when the bell rang, I hurried to where I meet Luke after school.

He was there with the group of his friends, laughing about something.

"Luke, let's go!" I said, pushing my way to his side.

He nodded. "Alright." He said his goodbyes to his friends and then led me to where he parked this car.

"So what are you studying tonight?" Luke asked, wiggling his eyebrows up and down, suggestively.

"Calculous, you pervert." I muttered.

He chuckled. "Right, right." He said as we drove away from the school.

"Have you talked to Ariana yet?" I asked.

"N-no." He said quietly.

"Oh, come on, Luke. If you're going to bug me about Adam, I can bug you about Ariana."

He glared at me for a fraction of a second before his eyes travelled back to the road. "I just haven't seen her around yet."

"So you are going to ask her?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

He nodded shyly.

I laughed. "C'mon, little brother. You shouldn't be embarassed just because you like her. She's pretty, I don't blame you."

"Well, I'm afraid for her though. You know that Amber will go after her." He said quickly.

"I'll take care of Amber." I said confidently as we pulled into the driveway.

"How?" He scoffed.

I shrugged and jumped out of the car, jogging towards the house. "I'll figure it out."

He chuckled. "Somebody's in a hurry to get inside."

"I only have twenty minutes until-" I squealed, but caught myself.

He raised his eyebrows at me as he unlocked the door and we walked inside. "Until your date with Adam? Mhm, sure. Better hurry. Don't want to keep your boyfriend waiting." He smirked.

I groaned. "You're an ass." I called as I hurried up the stairs and into my room. I quickly took a five minute shower then looked through my closet.

When I couldn't find anything to wear, I ran down the hall to Luke's room. 

"Luke!" I shrieked, not opening his door.

His door immediately swung open and he was shirtless, eating out a bag of chips. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards my room. "What's happening?" He chuckled.

"I need something to wear!" I squealed as I dragged him into my room and towards the closet.

"For what?" He asked.

"To go to Adam's. Hurry and help!" I ordered.

He chuckled. "Nervous, are we?"

"Yes, I'm nervous! I have absolutely nothing to wear!" I admitted.

He smiled and shoved the bag of chips into my hands as he turned his back to me and delicately went through my outfits.

He pulled out a pair of jean shorts. "Don't wear these. These tell him that you want to have sex."

"But-"

"Don't wear them, Linds." He said sternly, putting them back into the closet.

Luke thinks that since our dad left, he needs to be all protective and stuff. I don't mind it most of the time, in fact, I don't really mind it at all. And it's not like I want to have sex with Adam, so I won't wear the shorts.

"How about this?" He asked, holding up a pair of long jean shorts that stop right above my knee.

I crinkled my nose. "Those are too tight."

He sighed. "I don't know why you're freaking out. It's not even a date, remember?"

I groaned. "That doesn't mean that I can go look like a slob."

"So you do like him?" He asked as he threw a pair of white skinny jeans at me. "Are you finally admitting it?"

"Don't look. And I guess so." I said as he went back into the closet and I quickly changed into the jeans.

"It's about damn time." He muttered, throwing a purple tank top at me with a white rose on the side.

"Oh, shut up. How long has it been since you've liked Ariana?" I raised my eye brows at him while I changed into the purple shirt and slipped on some flip flops.

He took his chips back and shrugged. "I dunno. A few months maybe."

"Right. So how long?" I repeated.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Okay, so like, three years. Since I've been friends with Adam, which was the beginning of high school."

I gasped. "Oh my god, Luke. Why didn't you tell me?"

He shrugged. "You would have done something about it."

"Damn straight I would!" I said sternly. "And look at where that got you. You are finally asking her out. So you're welcome. Thank me later, I must run." I took off out the door and down the stairs. I fixed my hair one last time before swinging the front door open and walking at a speedy pace across the cul-de-sac and towards Adam's house.

This has to go well. It HAS to.

_____________________________________

So this story is #448 in teen fiction and #753 in romance!!! 

That's so crazy! Thank you for reading and voting and commenting and just being awesome!

Please continue to vote, comment, and being awesome :D

Thanks again! I hope you're enjoying the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 225 50
Seventeen year-old Emma Young and eighteen year-old Noah Wilson. Complete strangers. All they know is each others names and their reputations. The sm...
883 44 23
Ryan Jacobs is not your normal teenager, not only does he have to deal with his troubles at home with his deadbeat father, It's his first year of Hi...
69.2K 1.3K 23
Carson and Carter and Cassity are the new sisters in Beacon Hills. All three of them have magic but Carson and Carter are also half werewolf. They mo...
54.7K 1K 53
Zara Dunbar, a 16 year old student at beacon hills living a normal life with her two best friends Scott Mccall and Stiles Stilinski until she finds o...