The First Deathbender (Deathb...

By TheAnnieChild

Kila is the Avatar's sister. Aang is the Avatar, and she is the mistake. She has no idea of her powers, since... More

A New Beginning
Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
The First Death Of Kila
Chapter 4
Kila's Second Death
Where Aang Went
The Storm
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Finally!)
Please Read!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Update (But Not The Story) And Apology
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 3

12.3K 372 90
By TheAnnieChild

"Again!" Aang said after the fifth time we sled.

"Sorry, we go to get home before dark." Katara said. 

"Whoa." I said, looking at an old ship that sat not to far away. Me and Aang got up and started walking toward it. 

"Hey, wait!" Katara said. "That ship is forbidden to our tribe! It's cursed!" 

"You can't let fear control you if you want to be a bender." Aang said. Katara bit her lip and followed. 

Once inside, we walked around for a while. then we got to the main engine room. "You really think it was a hundred years?" Aang asked Katara, still trying to process it. 

She nodded. "It's the only explanation." She said. "Think about it. The war is a century old. The only reason you don't know about it is because, somehow, you were in there that whole time."

"It's just a lot t take in." I told her. 

"Maybe some good will come of all this?" Katara said, trying for a positive tone. 

"Well we did get to meet you!" Aang said brightly, smiling at Katara. 

"Come on, let's get out of here." Katara said, pulling Aang towards the door. 

But we didn't want to leave, and we managed to persuade Katara to let us look around a little bit more. 

But as time went on, Katara grew more and more unsettled until I began to think she was right. 

"Aang, Kila, let's head back. This place is creepy." She said. 

"Yeah, Aang, I'm starting to agree." I told him. "I'm curious too, but we should head back to Katara's village."

Aang wasn't listening, but after another step forward, a trip wire caught his foot and the door behind us slammed shut. 

"And there's a booby trap. Great." I said as we assessed the situation. 

A few gears on the walls began to move and a flare was shot out of the top of the ship, high into the sky, but would turn and come right back down. Onto us. 

"Let's go." I yelled. Aang picked up Katara and we used our airbending to get us out of the ship through the hole the flare created and safely down back onto the solid ice. 

We ran back to the village in silence. The whole town was waiting for us. "There they are!" Sokka said. "Katara get away from them!" 

"Why?" Katara said, outraged. 

"You saw what happened with the ship! They set off the alarms on purpose! They are fire nation spies!" He said, glaring. 

"They would never do that on purpose!" Katara countered. "They saved my life!"

"After setting off the flare! They will draw the fire nation right to us!"

"Sokka, do you know who they are? They're-"

"It's ok Katara!" I said quickly. 

"Yeah, we've caused enough trouble already." Aang said. "We should get moving anyway." 

"See? The traitors confess!" Sokka said. We ignored the first part. Well, they did. I never forget insults. "I ban them from this village forever!" 

"Sokka, you don't know what your saying! If you only knew-!"

"It's ok." I said again. "We have to keep moving, like I said. We would have been leaving soon anyway." 

Katara looked at me. "You sure?" She asked. We both nodded. 

I whistled and Appa and Maya came over. "Let's see them fly now!" Sokka taunted. 

That made me snap. Normally I'm pretty nice, but when someone insults me or my friends, or challenges me in any way, I will not rest until I prove them wrong. And that was the second time in less then a minute. A wide smile spread across my face. In turned to look at him. "Challenge excepted." I said. 

I jumped on Maya and flicked the rains. "Alright girl, yip yip!" I said. She groaned, but like me, she was determined now. She backed up a step, the ran forward, jumping into the air. Seconds later, we were circling the camp. "Take that, Sokka!" I yelled, crossing my arm. 

"Come on Kila! We have to go!" Aang said sadly. I nodded and landed. Appa was too tired to fly, so Maya would walk with him. As we started to walk away, I couldn't help it - I glanced back and stuck my tongue out at Sokka, who marched away, furious. 

"Where will we go now? The north pole? I asked. He looked back at the now fading village. 

"I guess so. Tomorrow, though, okay?" I nodded as we tried to find a place to sleep. We found these strange holes in a ice mountain thing, so we each took one to sleep in. 

We herd screams coming from the village we just left not ten minutes later. "Stay here!" We told Appa and Maya, jumping off, our gliders snapping out and we soared toward the village. 

"Katara!" Aang said when we landed. 

"Aang, what are you doing here?" She asked him. 

"Who are you?" A fire bender with a helmet on asked angrily. "Are you the Avatar? Which one of you?" He looked at both of us, confused. 

"I am." Aang said, stepping forward. There was a collective gasp in the crowd, but we ignored it. 

The boy looked outraged. "Three years of training, and your just a kid?!?!" he yelled at Aang. 

Aang paused for a moment. "Well you just a teenager." He countered. 

A gasp was heard as the teen shot fire at Aang. Some would have spread to the crowd, but I used my air bending to deflect it. 

"Wait!" Aang said. He spun his staff around for dramatic effect, and stuck it in the snow. "If I come with you, will you promise not to hurt his town?" He asked bravely, but I could see the fear in his eyes. 

The teen paused a moment, but then nodded. Soldiers came forward and hand cuffed Aang, and took him to the ship, Aang making no move to resist. 

"Wait! Aang!" I said, rushing forward. "What are you doing?"

"Who are you? A fellow airbender?" the teen asked. 

I pouted. "I don't respond to people I don't know. I'm Kila. At least tell me your name!" 

"I'm commander Zuko, heir to the throne of the fire nation! I am here for the Avatar! So if you have nothing to say, stop bothering me!" And with that he turned and left, Aang telling me with his eyes not to worry. I watched him go, powerless to stop it. 

................

"We should have done something! He saved us and we just let him go!" Katara ranted. 

"Katara, wait-" Sokka tried to say. 

"No! I know you didn't like him, but we owe it to him! We have to do something!" 

"Katara, Sokka is trying to tell you that." I told her. She paused and Katara looked at Sokka, who pointed to a boat. "Thanks Sokka!" She said, hugging him. "But we'll never catch up to a warship in that little boat...."

...................

"Haha! We're flying!" Sokka said, amazed. I shook my head as Katara silently gloated about being right. 

"Shhh!!!" I said, pointing. The ship had stopped and was resting nearby. "Stay here!" I told them. They nodded as I jumped off and landed on the ship. 

"Kila!" Aang said as he shot up from below deck.

"Hey Aang! Come on, we're getting you out of here!" I said. We both ran off the side of the boat and started gilding. 

"Kila!" Aang said as Zuko grabbed his foot and pulled him down toward the water. 

"Aang!" I shouted as he fell. Zuko jumped off him and landed on the deck. 

I watched as Aang fell to the water, still dropping like a stone. I screamed his name and willed him to hear me, to live.

I used the powers I promised myself I never would. But what choice did I have? Aang had blacked out and couldn't water bend. He was dying. So I did the only thing I could. 

I deathbent.

A/N

Hehe hi. So basically Kila just made Aang live. Yes yes, I know that in the Anime Aang went into the Avatar state, but now Kila forced him into it, because she made him live, and that was the only way he could get out of the water. Yes her power is confusing. I will try to explain more throughout the book.

Just wait until she messes up big time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1K 14
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
49 1 4
"You rise with the moon. I rise with the sun." The four kingdoms have always struggled with alliances, whether it be fighting over land or economic e...
21.8K 729 12
It was one mistake that led (Y/n), a young girl from the Northern water tribe, down a path of twists and turns. After being somewhere she was told no...
6.7K 148 17
19-year-old Katara L'eau gets in a car crash that almost ended her life. Luckily enough, her best friend, Aang Ara, saved her life right before the c...