Chapter 11

"What do you mean Deathbender?" Sokka demanded. 

"I mean I don't know why or how, but I can bring people back from the dead." I said for the hundredth time. 

"I can't believe you never said anything!" Katara screamed. "Your dangerous! You could've killed us!" 

"Katara, calm down!" Aang said. "It's not her fault!" 

"I don't care!" Katara yelled. "That's what you get for having a sister! I knew there was something about you that was different! Avatars don't have siblings!" She ran off into the woods. 

"Katara wait up!" Sokka called, running after her. 

"I'm going to go talk to them." Aang said, running after them. 

I turned to Kuzon, who had been quiet the whole time. He sat there seemingly calm. "I'm sorry about your friends." He said after a minute. 

"It doesn't matter." I said. "I was kind of expecting it. That's how I was treated back in the air temple." I sat down across from him. "I'm not sure how this works, I've never brought a human back before, besides myself." I said. 

"I'm not sure either." Kuzon grinned. "This is a first for me as well." 

"I can't tell how you died." I muttered. "Just like when I came back, all possible injuries are gone. But I've never been dead as long as you have." I grinned too. "This is so weird to talk about." 

"We're the only people who've ever come back from the dead." Kuzon agreed. "Try talking about it to someone else. Hey, you there, do you know how I died a hundred years ago?" 

I laughed. I couldn't help it. After everything that happened, having Kuzon back as great. "Can you still bend?" I asked. 

He held out his hand and produced a small flame. "I guess you'll need a teacher. I'm sorry, but I never mastered it myself. My father was hesitant to even let me try and bend." 

I nodded. "It's alright. We'll figure something out." I smiled. "Right now we're headed to the Northern water tribe so me, Aang and Katara can learn water bending." I paused. "Well, we were anyway. Not so sure anymore." 

~ ~ ~

"No Aang, I'm not going back there!" Katara yelled at the monk. "We can still go to the North Pole, just not with her." 

Aang was tired of this. Sick of people treating his sister like a monster. And sick of how Kila didn't seem to notice anymore, like she expected it. "Would everyone just stop running from her!" Aang yelled. "She isn't a monster! She's my sister! I'm not leaving her behind for anyone! I'm sick of people fearing her like that!" 

"Aang, calm down, your glowing!" Sokka said. 

"No Sokka, I won't! You may be my friends, but she's my sister! She's all I have left of the air nation! Me and her are the last air benders!" Aang yelled. 

"I'm sorry Aang." Katara said. "I was just scared. She said she can't control when she.. brings someone back. That's scary stuff." 

"She can learn." Aang said. "She hates having that power. She needs people to support her." 

"Alright. I'm sorry." Katara said. "I guess it's nice knowing she's on our side." 

"Considering the fact that she could kill the entire army of fire benders in one snap of her fingers, I'd have to agree." Sokka said. 

"Kila wouldn't do that." Aang said. "But your right. I'd hate to think of what would happen if she were fighting against us." 

~ ~ ~

"Good job Kila!" Kuzon exclaimed. 

"Thanks." I smiled. I had succeeded in producing a small flame. It was golden. I put it out and said, "I've also been watching Katara bend when she thinks no one's looking. Watch this." I turned to a puddle and bent the water into a ball and brought it in front of me. 

"Awesome! Now all you have to do is master those elements!" Kuzon teased. "That would be so cool if you could just-" He pushed his hands in front of him like he were water bending. The thing was, the puddle moved along with him. 

"Stop teasing me Kila." Kuzon laughed, but I shook my head. "I didn't do that. That was you." 

"Impossible." He did the same thing as before, and the water moved with him. He copied me when I bent it into a ball, and the water followed his motions. 

"I'm water bending!" Kuzon exclaimed. "That shouldn't be possible!" 

"What if it was me bringing you back that allowed you to bend the element opposite of your own?" I asked. 

"Why do you say that?" He asked, playing with the water. 

"Well, I should't have been able to bend more then one element, but I can. I think I can go into the Avatar state because I'm Aang's twin, but that should have been it. Then, back home, I died twice. Each time I acquired a new element. It makes sense!" 

"But what about Earth?" Kuzon asked. "If your right, that should have been the first element you gained, and it's the only one you don't know yet." 

I thought for a second. "A week after I was born, I got so sick they thought I died, but I got better suddenly, instead of a slow recovery. A small earthquake happened soon after. The monks told me thins story as if to prove why I am a curse. But it fits better here!" 

"You were born with Air, then learned Earth, Water and then Fire?" Kuzon asked. "It does make sense. How are we going to tell the others?" 

"With a demonstration." I said. "If I'm right, I should be able to Earth bend easily, just like Water and Fire bending." 

* * *

"I want to learn an element!" Sokka complained. 

"Sorry Sokka, but a, I'm not sure the rules of bringing someone back and b, I can't control when I do it." I said. 

"We have another water bender." Katara said. "Who is also a fire nation prince. This day is making less and less sense." 

"And you managed to learn all four elements." Aang said, sounding jealous. 

"Learned, not mastered." I reminded him. "I still need a proper teacher." 

"I guess we continue our journey then." Katara said. "With our new companion." 

"Kuzon's, you're a half Avatar!" I told him. "Our team has two and a half Avatars." 

"Isn't that interesting." My heart sank. That was Zuko's voice. 

A/N

NEW CHAPTER AGAIN! So they discovered the reason Kila can bend more then one element and now Kuzon can water bend as well. Did you like how I added that Kila's fire is golden?

What do you think about Aang's brotherly love for Kila? 

When is Kila going to tell Aang her and Kuzon dated a hundred years ago? 

How is their relationship going to turn out now? 

Zuko overheard the conversation! 

Kuzon and Zuko are both fire nation princes. 

Kuzon and Zuko have similar names. Really, take Zuko's name and switch the Z and K and then add an N at the end. You get Kuzon. 

Kuzon is the older brother of Azulon, and Zuko is the older brother of Azula, who was named after Azulon. 

I think they're going to be best friends.