Remember Me [F I N I S H E D...

By StoryGirl5169

Rosalie-Marylin 'Rose-Mary' Bloomwood is a small town country girl who would rather spend her days working on... More

Author's Note
Remember Me [1]
Remember Me [2]
Remember Me [3]
Remember Me [4]
Remember Me [5]
Remember Me [6]
Remember Me [7]
Remember Me [8]
Remember Me [10]
Remember Me [11]
Remember Me [12]
Remember Me [13]
Remember Me [14]
Remember Me [15]
Remember Me [16]
Remember Me [17]
Remember Me [18]
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!
Remember Me [19]
Remember Me [20]

Remember Me [9]

2.1K 18 10
By StoryGirl5169

                                           - C H A P T E R  N I N E - 

We've been walking for almost twenty minutes and Eric hasn't said anything. Every time I glanced at him, he smiled nervously and said 'We're almost here' but I was sure he was lying. 

My legs began to ache and I was almost out of breath. I frowned.

"Eric, I'm tired," I moaned.

"We're almost here," he said again and I gave him a blank look.

"You know what," I said, fed up. "You're going to give me a piggyback ride."

"No way," he said, backing away from me. "I would probably die by carrying you. I mean, look at the size of you." He gestured his hand towards my stomach and made a wide gap between the two hands. Basically, he was calling me fat.

Was I really that fat?

"Oh...um," I felt a little embarrassed to his comment so I wasn't sure of what to say.

He must have noticed because he walked towards me and stood in front of me, his back facing my body. "Jump on," he said, warmly.

"But I thought I was-"

"Rose-Mary," he laughed. "Just get on."

I shrugged my shoulders and jumped up onto his back. He held my legs whilst I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying not to strangle him to death. Instead of choking, he laughed. 

"That tickles," he said, laughing and began to walk. 

 "Am I...Am I heavy?" I asked, quietly.

 He chuckled. "Rose, I was joking. You're as light as a feather and you're absolutely not fat at all." 

"Oh," I said, cheering up. "That's good." 

For the next five minutes, we carried on walking or at least Eric was. We both made jokes about each other but some of his jokes weren’t funny but I laughed anyway. There was just something about him that made me want to laugh. Maybe it was the fact that he began to get tired of carrying me and started panting like a mad dog. 

"Eric, I won't torture you anymore," I laughed, hopping off his back.

"I was going to drop you right now anyway," he said, smirking which had me confused. 

"Why do you have that weird smile on your face?" I asked. 

He stared at the motorbike and then at me. I had a really bad feeling about this. 

*  *  *

Eric," I cried, holding onto him tightly, digging my nails into his jumper. "Please, I beg you. Slow down." 

I knew the minute he looked at that stupid motorbike he would do something with it. Why did I have to go with his idea? I think I would have preferred to walk. No, I wouldn't. But stealing a motorbike was beyond my expectations. I thought he was going to ask if he could borrow the bike but come to think of it, there was a possibility the owner would say no. The worst part was, Eric didn't show me how he hotwired it; he said that these techniques were not to be spoken about to a girl, which then earned him a slap on his head but still he didn't say anything. 

"Relax," he said, calmly. "I've driven these before." 

"You remembered?" I said in a questioning tone. 

"Only that," he quickly answered. 

"What if a police comes?" I said, worried again. "We'll go to jail and I will never get a good job, not that I will get one anytime sooner but the point is-" 

"Rose," he interrupted, chuckling. "Police are not going to find us." 

I wanted to believe him but I couldn't because there was a little noise in my head, sounding like a police siren which made me nervous. I held onto him even more tightly around his waist. As well as being frightened, I was frustrated as well. My helmet was a little dodgy since it kept falling to the side, making me blind on one eye and Eric's one was perfectly fit on his stupid little head. 

I was trying to relax but for an odd reason, the siren in my head seemed to be getting louder which cause adrenaline to pump though my veins. Am I going delusional? 

"Eric, please stop, I'm going crazy," I told him. "I can hear police sirens in my head!" 

He laughed nervously. "Yeah...um...I don't think those sounds are in your head." 

"What...what do mean?" My voice was now shaking and I began to feel afraid to turn around to check if we were being followed. 

"We're being followed," he finally said after three seconds of silence, making my mouth drop right open. 

"What!" I shouted, turning my head around to see that he was telling the truth. The police car was struggling to get through the traffic that we managed to avoid because of the vehicle we were in. Lucky us. "Shit." 

"If I just take this right maybe we could escape or we could-" 

"Eric!" I exclaimed. "Stop the damn bike or we'll get into more trouble.” 

"But-" 

"Do it!" 

"Okay, calm down honey," he said, laughing a little but I didn't find it funny because of the situation we were in. 

He slowed down and stopped at the edge of the road, were there was a small amount of cars passing by. Glancing back, the police car was getting close, making me shake more than before. I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life in prison or even put one foot in it for fun.

But this was the first time I was being chased by a police and a tiny part of me couldn't help but to feel a little excited. Being in jail is not very excting, said a little voice in my head and I knew it was right. But both excitement and fear mixed together, giving me a weird feeling in my stomach. 

Remembering dad, I knew he would probably go ballistic and Harry would be laughing in my face as usual. A worst of all, I would be stuck in the same cell as Eric for a very long time, if I survive his annoying habits.

As I stepped of the bike, I instantly grabbed the stupid helmet off my head and dropped it on the floor. My head was finally able to feel the suns warm rays and the cool breeze that suddenly appeared. My hair, which was now let loose, began to fly everywhere. I slid the hair band, which was worn as a bracelet around my wrist, and tied my hair into a messy bun after gathering it all up. I looked forward and noticed a car, painted in a glossy bright red with red rims and a small spoiler. There was a giant black stripe going down the car from the back to the front. I had to admit that this car was really cool but it must have cost a fortune, unless it was stolen. It was probably driving faster than the speed limit. That was perhaps the reason for the traffic, this car was causing this.

“That car is probably getting chased by the police,” I said, quietly.

“I think you may be right,” he sighed with relief.

Before I could speak, the red car suddenly lost control and crashed onto a shop; the glass shattered into a billion pieces and the car was no longer in that perfect shape anymore. There loud noise made Eric and I both jump at the same time. It sounded like a bomb had been dropped.

“Oh, my gosh,” I exclaimed, my hands going to my mouth.

“Shit,” Eric cursed.

I was shaking for two reasons. The loud noise and the police car, which was now, parked right next to us. Two police officers came towards us whilst the other ran to the area where the car had crashed. The people who witnessed the crash immediantly pulled out their phones. They were probably calling an ambulance but looking around, most of them were taking a video of it. 

Looking forward again, I saw the officers, making me have goose bumps on my arms. "Good bye future," I whispered to myself. 

I exchanged looks with Eric and gulped. He seemed just as nervous as I was. Just then, I suddenly remember his phobia of police men.

“Eric,” I whispered as the officers came closer towards us. “Go, I’ll…I’ll handle this.”

“Okay,” he said, leaving me just like that.

Crap, I was on my own now.

“Hello,” I smiled nervously at the two men who nodded.

“Are you alright, you seem to have quite a shock from the accident,” asked the one with nice hazel eyes, dark brown hair and he had a few freckles around his nose. 

“Um…” I swallowed and tried to act confident. "I'm fine," I crocked. The real reason I was in shock was because of them. "Just a little startled." 

The other one nodded. He had similar features to the other guy except his skin was a darker and he didn’t have any freckles. His eyes were a little darker and he had a small scar across his eyebrow.

“We should go,” said the freckled face one. 

The both smiled and walked off.

I was so relieved. They were chasing that red car, not us. Thank God.

“Boo,” screamed a voice in my ear, almost making me go deaf.

I turned around and rolled my eyes. “I wasn’t scared, I was going deaf instead.”

“It was worth a try,” Eric shrugged. “What did they say?”

“They weren’t after us, that’s for sure,” I smiled.

“That’s good,” he said. “Now hop on.”

“Please, no,” I begged. “I don’t want to take any more risks.”

“It’s only another five minutes, I promise,” he said. “If I drive faster.”

I wasn’t bothered to argue so I just put on my helmet and got back on the back, knowing there is a possibility I will regret it later.

*  *  * 

“That is the last time I am ever going on a motorbike with you!” I shouted, getting off the bike. “Or any other vehicle.”

“What about the bus?” he asked. “I don’t drive that.”

“I don’t care,” I said.

“What about-“

“Eric!” I was so fed up of him.

He laughed. “I’m joking, Rose. And besides we are here, for real this time.”

“Really?” I asked, joy entering my body.

He pointed towards my right so I turned to see where he finally wanted to take me. Just one look and I almost choked on my own spit. There was a big entrance, nicely decorated with flowers and leaves and on the sign it read 'Welcome to Lakeside Park.’ There were people laughing, talking and entering the park with joy and excitement. It was just as I had remembered it from three years ago but I didn’t have that feeling where I felt like I was in paradise anymore. This place had lost the beauty and magic I used to see three years ago even though it was exactly the same.

My heart was now racing and my eyes widen with absolute shock. Gasping, I took a step back and turned away where I couldn't see it anymore. Trying to catch my breath, I inhaled and exhaled slowly and tried to relax a little but I couldn't. My body was completely frozen and I tried as hard as I could to keep in the tears. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Eric asked me quietly, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I didn't speak nor did I move. I quickly glanced at his eyes and gulped. I didn't want to ruin what he had planned just because of me. It would really disappoint him and I didn't want to make his happiness disappear. 

I gulped and forced on a smile. "I'm fine," I whispered, trying to sound casual but I knew my voice sounded like I was the saddest person ever. “I just had something in my eye.” That was a smooth lie.

“You fine now?”

“Yeah,” I said, quietly. “Let’s…um…let’s…go.”

“Okay,” he smiled warmly. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: This chapter is quite long but I tried to make it as interesting as I could so you guys don't go off to sleep three words later. 

1) nervous/scared so is Rose think you do why - I'm kidding, I was practising talking backwards. I'm such a weirdo.. anyway, Why do you think Rose is so scared/nervous? 

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN, LIKE, TWEET do whatever you have to do! 

Continue Reading