Little Miss Perfect

By writerbug44

Lindsay Wilson was born different from everybody else. No, she's not a vampire, werewolf, or some super hero... More

Ch. One
Ch. Two
Ch. Three
Ch. Four
Ch. Five
Ch. Six
Ch. Eight
Ch. Nine
Ch. Ten
Ch. Eleven
Ch. Twelve
Ch. Thirteen
Ch. Fourteen
Author's Note
Ch. Fifteen
Ch. Sixteen
Ch. Seventeen
Ch. Eighteen
Ch. Nineteen
Ch. Twenty
Ch. Twenty- One
Ch. Twenty- Two
Ch. Twenty- Three
Ch. Twenty- Four
Ch. Twenty- Five
Ch. Twenty- Six
Ch. Twenty- Seven
Ch. Twenty- Eight
Ch. Twenty- Nine
Ch. Thirty
Ch. Thirty- One
Ch. Thirty- Two
Ch. Thirty- Three
Ch. Thirty- Four
Ch. Thirty- Five
Ch. Thirty- Six
Ch. Thirty- Seven
Ch. Thirty- Eight
Ch. Thirty- Nine
Ch. Forty
Ch. Forty- One
Ch. Forty- Two
Ch. Forty- Three
Ch. Forty- Four
Ch. Forty- Five
Ch. Forty- Six [Epilogue]
Goodbye </3

Ch. Seven

251K 8.8K 3.7K
By writerbug44

Unedited

"Adam doesn't need a ride?" I asked nonchalantly on monday as Luke was scarfing down a bowl of cereal.

He shook his head. "He's not going to school today."

"Oh. Why not?" I tried my hardest to seem like I didn't care, even though it was killing me. Was he not going because of me? There was no way. Absolutely no way.

He shrugged. "He said that he was sick or something." He looked up at me and smirked. "Why do you care so much?"

I scoffed. "I-I do not care. I was just curious."

"He told me that you two kissed." He said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, so?"

"So you like him. Just admit it." He chuckled as we walked out the door towards his car.

"Well, kind of. But not that much. And he definitely doesn't like me, so it doesn't matter."

He snickered but didn't say anything. It was a 'I know something that you don't' kind of snicker.

I was still getting used to the school schedule. You know, the waking up early thing. It sucks. I probably had bags under my eyes today because I didn't go to bed until four in the morning. I used to be kind of noctornal before my mom forced me into the dramatic world of high school. 

Anyway, I made my way through sixth period, but I read a sign on my seventh period study hall door that read:

Finally in the gym today. 

The gym? Why would we go to the gym? I rolled my eyes and trudged down the hallway towards the gym. When I got inside, everybody from my study hall was sitting on the bleachers talking among themselves. I easily found Ariana sitting by herself in the corner.

"Hey, Ariana. What's going on? Why are we in the gym?" I asked her.

She looked up from her Twilight book and smirked at me. "Why wouldn't we be in the gym?"

I shrugged. "It's just study hall. Study halls aren't in the gym, are they?"

She snorted. "Dude, this isn't study hall. This is gym."

I groaned. "Why were we in a class room all last week then?"

"Mrs. Jacobs had a baby." She said. "I take it you don't like gym?"

I shook my head. "I hate gym."

"Okay, good afternoon, class!" A young teacher walked into the room. Her blond hair was up in a tight pony tail. She was wearing a blue basketball hoodie and running shoes. She looked like a gym teacher. "Today, we won't do anything since I'm sure nobody brought clothes. So just chill for a little bit I guess."

"Do you have pictures of your baby?" Somebody squealed.

"Not today." The teacher sighed. "So is anybody new?"

I dreaded that question. I absolutely dreaded it. I thought I was through all of this newbie stuff last week.

I kept my hand down and didn't say anything, however, somebody else had other plans.

"She's new!" I heard Luke coming over to me. He sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "This is Lindsay. She's my sister." He said proudly.

The teacher smiled. "Lindsay, welcome."

"Thanks." I choked, elbowing Luke hard in the ribs.

"Do you play any sports?" She asked.

"Yes she does." Luke bragged. "She plays every single sport."

"Luke shut up." I said, only loud enough for him to hear.

"She gets all of her talent from me though." He said, ignoring my demand.

Mrs. Jacobs raised her eyebrows at me in disbelief. "You play every sport?"

"Well, uh, yeah. I guess. Kind of." I said shyly.

"She can play every sport. Perfectly. No kind of." Ariana interrupted.

"Guys, shut up." I groaned, loud enough for the whole class to hear.

They both laughed and I glared at Luke for a minute, before grinning.

"Why are you grinning, stupid?" He asked.

I looked at Ariana and grinned even more. "No reason." I squeaked.

"Yeah, sure." Luke snorted.

I shrugged innocently. "I'll tell you after school."

"Well, tell me now." Ariana demanded.

I smirked and grabbed her hand, pulling her off of the bleachers and towards the locker rooms. I stopped right in front of the locker room door, not in hearing range of everybody else. "Why didn't you tell me you like my brother?"

She looked a little shocked and her face flushed red. "I-I don't like L-Luke."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Okay, that's bullshit."

"N-no it's not. Luke? How could I like Luke?"

"You do know who you're talking to, right?"

"Okay, whatever. Just drop it. Please?"

I snickered but nodded. "Sure, sure. End of discussion."

"You aren't going to talk to him about this, are you?"

I gasped. "What?" I said, over dramatically. "No, of course not."

"Lindsay! I'm serious!" She whined.

I nodded. "I understand."

She groaned. "I'm going to kill you."

I chuckled as we walked back to where Luke was sitting on the bleachers.

"Luke, can I ask you a question?" I asked as Ariana shot me daggers.

"Uh, sure." He said slowly.

"Do you like Ariana?"  I asked.

I heard Ariana let out a little squeal of surprise at my straight forwardness. Yeah, I'm pretty straight forward. 

"Uh, well, it's not that, you see, it's just that." He stuttered.

"Ariana, do you like Luke?" I asked simply.

"N-no. Just as a f-friend." Ariana said quickly.

"Exactly." Luke said confidently. "Just friends."

 I nodded. "So why are you both lying? Why don't you just tell each other how you feel so you guys can date? I mean, wouldn't that be so much easier than just lying. Just friends my ass." I said quickly.

Ariana kneed me in the center of the back, since she was in the row above me and Luke elbowed my side at the exact same moment.

"Ow!" I wined. "You guys are super mean to the girl who just hooked you up." The bell rang and I stood up. "You're welcome, by the way." I said, smirking as I left th gym.

They'll be so cute together!

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sat at my desk, finishing my homework when Luke barged into my room.

I smiled at him. "Hello, Lukeford."

"What the hell was that?" He snapped with a scowl on his face.

I shrugged. "What on earth are you talking about?" I asked innocently

"One bad thing about this whole 'brainiac' thing is that you can't play dumb." He growled.

I chuckled. "Did you ask her out?"

 He let out another growl. "No, I didn't ask her out. What on earth were you thinking, Lindsay?!"

I shrugged innocently. "I was thinking that you like her. She likes you. Do you really want to spend your high school career wishing you had her when you didn't have the guts to see if she liked you back? You'd spend your whole life playing 'what if' with yourself. Yeah, I know what I did was a bit bitchy, but it had to be done."

He pondered what I said, then calmed down a bit. Hope was glinting in his eyes. "So you- you really think that she'd say yes if I- I asked her out?" He asked quietly.

I giggled. "She would definitely say yes."

He still looked unsure as he stared down at his feet.

"Hey, I'm never wrong, remember?"

He looked up at me and smirked. "No. You've been wrong. At least once."

"When?" I sighed.

His smirk grew as he turned to leave. I was quickly on my feet and I stopped him from leaving the room.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I snapped at him.

"You're wrong about Adam." He said quietly, then he left the room, pulling out his cell phone.

What the hell was that supposed to mean?!

"Wait! Luke!" I called as he was almost to his door.

He turned around and looked at me.

I chuckled. "You might want her number?"

His face turned bright red. "Er, right." He started walking back towards me and I took his phone, quickly tapping her number into his contacts.

"If she asks, I didn't give that to you, got it?" I demanded.

He nodded and smiled. "Got it. Thanks."

I smiled and pinched his cheeks. "What are big sisters for?"

His face turned a heavy shade of red. "You're five minutes older than me. Get over yourself."

I smirked. "Whatever you say, baby brother." I knew that it bugged him when I made fun of our five minute age gap.

He rolled his eyes, turning around and walking back into his room.

I went back into my room but I couldn't stop thinking about what he had said about Adam. How am I wrong about him? Ugh! Why wasn't he at school today? I just wanted to hear his voice. Great, now I sound like a pathetic girlfriend... wait. Girlfriend? No, I don't sound like a girlfriend. I don't really like him that much. I don't think. Well, maybe. It's possible, I guess. Okay, fine! I like him. Kind of a lot.

On a stupid impulse, I walked into the bathroom, fixed my hair and changed into a pair of shorts, a little bit too short for my liking, and went downstairs. As I put my hand on the door knob, Luke's voice made me stop.

"Where are you going?" He asked from the living room.

I turned around. "Out." I said simply.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Wearing that?"

I looked down at my tanned legs. "Yes. I look fine, right?"

"You look... different."

"Good or bad?"

He shrugged. "I don't like it... but I'm sure Adam will. And I'm sure that's who you're going to go see."

My face brightened. "Yeah, yeah. I'll be back later."

"Be careful!" He called.

I scoffed. "I will not have sex with him, Luke!" I shrieked.

He shrugged innocently. "Never said you would. I'm saying that he'll try."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, thanks. Mr. Over protective brother."

He chuckled. "Anytime, sis."

I swung the door open and headed across the cul-de-sac. I was in the middle of the circular street when I changed my mind. I spun around to go back to my house, took a few steps, then changed my mind again.

I probably spent five minutes in the middle of the street spinning around in an indecisive circle. I finally decided to get some guts and I forced myself to walk over to the front of Adam's house.

I reluctantly knocked on the door and bit my lip as I nervously waited for a reply.

It only took half a minute before the door swung open and a girl stood there, smiling at me. She looked like she was thirteen, fourteen maybe.

"Can I help you?" She chirped. She must've been one of Adam's sisters. She had his black hair and amazingly deep brown eyes that could just read right into your soul.

"Uh, yeah. I-is Adam here?" I stuttered.

She giggled, then smirked. "Sure, I'll get him. Are you his girlfriend?"

"No." I said quickly. "J-just a friend." Why was I so nervous? I just wanted to talk to him, that's all.

She chuckled and eyed me suspiciously. "Right." She said slowly, then she turned away and started screeching. "Adam! Get down here, your girlfriend is here!" She yelled.

I gasped and put my hand to my mouth, my face turning into a lobster.

"I don't have a girlfriend, Arial." Adam yelled back. "What's her name?"

Arial... she's twelve I remember him saying.

Arial looked at me, waiting for an answer. "Lindsay." I said quietly.

"She calls herself Lindsay!"

I heard quick steps hurrying down the steps as Arial disappeared from view and was replaced with Adam.

"Hey." He chirped.

"Hi. Are you okay? You weren't at school today." I stated the obvious.

He smirked. "Were you worried?"

I shrugged shyly. "Just kind of."

He chuckled. "Well, I'm fine."

"Then why didn't you come to school today?" I questioned.

He shrugged. "Didn't feel like it."

"Is it because of yesterday?" I squeaked.

"What part of yesterday?" He asked, awkwardly.

I shrugged this time. "I don't know. The end part." I said quietly, matching his awkwardness.

He chuckled. "Oh, right. When you said that I only kissed you because I was drunk. Which, I wasn't by the way."

My face reddened once again. "W-well, I wasn't in a good mood yesterday, like I said."

He smiled. "Clearly. I don't regret it, either." I smirked as his eyes raked over my exposed legs.

"Well, maybe when your done checking me out, we can actually talk about it."

His face flooded with a shade of pink and his gaze shot up to mine, full of embarrassment, yet a little bit of lust still lingering. "I like those shorts." He finally sputtered.

I smiled and looked down at the shorts I was wearing. "Thank you."

"Anyway, what happened Friday night, it wasn't a mistake. I was completely sober."

I looked down at the ground. "Me too." I said quietly.

He took my hand in his and pulled me inside the house and shut the door behind me. "So that means that you kind of like me, huh?"

"Well, I should, uh, I should go. I didn't plan on staying long."

He nodded. "Okay, see you tomorrow. And tutoring after school, right?"

I nodded. "Yup." I opened the door and started to leave before Adam grabbed my hand, making me turn back around towards him.

"Wait, your forgetting something." He said huskily, pulling me closer to him and, before I could register what was happening, his lips were on mine as he kissed me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 6.8K 24
Sarah Stilinski has basically gone through hell and back. Six months ago her life was ripped from her after her parents died in a fatal car crash. Th...
11K 266 15
Its about a girl named Ashley and she's a 16 year old hybrid (which is a vampire and a werewolf). She's very powerful. She comes to Beacon Hills to w...
940 24 13
She is not your average girl. Going to public school is not a nerd, really, but an agent. She may look nerdy, but that's not who she is on the inside...
883 44 23
Ryan Jacobs is not your normal teenager, not only does he have to deal with his troubles at home with his deadbeat father, It's his first year of Hi...