Kihyun | Accidental Love

By littlekimchee

"I married you because I had no choice. And now I'm leaving you because of the same reason." Cover by: cuzugl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 14

7.1K 385 238
By littlekimchee

He dragged me towards the elevator.

He didn't say a word.

Perhaps, is he upset about something?

"A-Are you angry because they found out who I am?" I asked.

"I'm not." He said with a straight face and not even bothering to look at me.

"Okay then."

We arrived at the floor of his office and he went ahead of me as soon as the elevator door opened. I followed him and we passed by his secretary before we reached his office.

He opened the door and walked inside directly.

"Take a seat." He said.

Why do I feel that something is off?

I quietly sat down on one of the couches infront of his desk.

"I-I brought you some medicine." I took out from my bag the medicine that I bought earlier.

"Why were you meeting Minhyuk?" He suddenly asked.

How did he know?

I looked at him as he sat in front of me, bending forward and crossing his fingers together.

He looked at me with a serious look on his face. It's like I'm on an interrogation room.

"I.. I just want to talk to him about something. But why do you know that?"

"It's not important. What something?"

Did he eat something bad?

Why is he acting like this?

"Something about what I did. I want to apologize properly."

"You already apologized and it's up to him whether to accept it or not."

"But how would I know if he already accepted it or not if I don't talk to him."

"You called him, he answered. So why don't you confirm it instead over the phone?"

"Talking personally is different from talking on the phone."

"And why is that? What's the difference?"

"You.. You could talk well--"

"It's because you could see him?"

"No. Of course not." My eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh really, huh?"

This guy..!

He doesn't believe a thing I'm saying. Why is he even asking me?

"Kurae. So what is it to you if that's the case?" I said.

He sighed.

"You can't."

I can't?

I don't know how to respond on that. What does he even mean?

"I don't want you to meet up with him. So don't ever contact him first."

Is he jealous?

He..

I don't think so. He will never feel that way.

What an absurd thing to think of.

"Since when did you have the right to tell me what to do?"

"Kurae. It's up to you whether you listen to me or not. But my point is, if he finds out that you're fake, and we schemed it together for the sake of business, then we're both screwed. And our families too."

"But I don't think he--"

"Stop it, will you? Just listen to me. I don't trust him."

"He's a good guy."

"Not all good guys are trustworthy."

"But are you?"

He just looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I'm not a good guy though."

"I won't disagree on that." I said.

"Jebal, just listen to me before everything comes to worst."

I sighed.

He has a point but Minhyuk.. I just feel sorry for him.

"Arasseo. I'll try to keep my distance from him. But I can't promise you that we won't be able to see each other. We might meet coincidentally." I said.

"That'll never happen."

"Why are you so sure?"

"It's just.. Anyway, my medicine."

"Oh kurae! Your medicine! I almost forgot. Here." I handed him the medicine.

"Ya, I told you, didn't I? And you didn't listen to me. Now look what happened. You should have just--"

He suddenly moved closer. He bent forward and leveled his face on mine with just a few centimeters away.

I gulped.

"I'm sorry. Okay?" He said.

His warm breath hit my lips.

He then smiled.

I felt a pinch in my heart. I can't believe he just smiled at me.

He is not Kihyun.

He is being possessed.

I am certain of that.

He then pulled back and drank the medicine after grabbing the bottled water in front of him.

"Do you want to eat dinner somewhere?" He asked.

"Eo?" I still can't get over because of that smile. And now he's asking me to get dinner somewhere?!

He chuckled.

"What are you spacing out for? Are you craving something?" He asked again.

Why do I feel like he's so different today?

"Aniyo. We can just go wherever you want." I said.

"Arasseo. I'll just finish some documents then we could go. You can just stay here."

"N-Ne. But aren't you feeling sick?"

"I.. I'm fine. I already took the medicine so there's nothing to worry about."

"Arasseo."

Kihyun pov

Glad I prevented their meet up.

If that guy goes anywhere near her, and his interest on her went on peak, he might dig further on her background and accidentally find out about her true identity.

I can't risk putting her on danger.

I just wish she would understand that.

I went back to my swivel chair and started to browse through the documents scattered on my desk. While I was working, I couldn't help but steal glances on her.

She just quietly sat there and browsed through the magazines I placed under the center table.

After a few minutes, she laid back down in the couch, and was slowly getting drowsy. She then closed her eyes and fell asleep in a blink of an eye.

I then stood up and took my coat out of the coat rack and covered her with it.

Before I went back to my desk, I looked at her and moved the hair aside which is covering her face.

"How can she sleep in this uncomfortable position?" I muttered.

I then took a pillow from my cabinet and placed it in the couch. I slowly moved her so she could lay down comfortably.

I encircled my arms in her shoulders and laid her gently in the couch as her head rested in the pillow. I then lifted her legs and placed them in the couch.

She groaned for a moment but she quickly went back to sleeping.

I let her sleep as I continued to work on my desk. I finished everything after an hour.

I went near her so I could wake her up but she is sleeping peacefully.

So instead of waking her up, I sat on the couch across her and waited for her to wake up.

I don't know but it's oddly satisfying to watch her sleep. I did that for half an hour. Then she woke up.

She slowly sat up and stretched her arms forward.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Well you slept for almost two hours."

Her eyes widened.

"Two hours?! Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were sleeping nicely so how could I?"

"So you mean you waited for me sitting like that?"

"Ne. So what?"

"I mean, you could have woken me up so we could have eaten dinner already."

"It's fine. So let's go?"

"Ne."

Sohee pov

I quickly fixed myself so we could leave immediately. I noticed his coat in my lap. Did he cover me with this?

And wait.

Since when did I have this pillow?

Did he.. do this?

I looked at him as I feel so touched about it. I really appreciate what he did.

"What?" He asked as soon as he noticed that I was looking at him.

I smiled.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?"

Is he acting dumb?

"Nothing. I just want to thank you. Here." I said as I stood up and handed him his coat.

"Whatever." He said.

He then opened the door for me and let me go out of the room first as he held unto the door.

How nice.

"I'll go get dinner with my wife. I already finished reviewing the documents so clean up my desk."

"Ne, sajangnim." His secretary replied.

We then boarded the elevator.

We went all the way down to the underground parking area where he parked his car.

--

When we arrived at the restaurant he chose, we were led by a waitress to a good for two table.

She then gave us a menu.

"I hope you'll like the food in here." He said.

"I'm not choosy so don't worry. But this place look so expensive."

"It's the first time that I asked you out for dinner. During our honeymoon we didn't get to eat out for dinner except for that one crappy meal with Minhyuk." He said as he browsed through the menu.

He sounded like an old man nagging. I never knew that he actually cared about what we did during our honeymoon.

And there he goes again, his never ending insults to Minhyuk. I don't know if he's cute because of that or should I be angry instead because he always bring up Minhyuk and say negative things about him.

When he got to decide which food to eat, he then ordered.

While we were waiting for the food, I suddenly had the urge to go to the rest room.

While I was on my way back to our table, I suddenly bumped into a woman who was walking towards the rest room too.

"So.. rry.." Why does she look familiar to me?

"It's fine." She said. But why did I apologize? She was the one who wasn't looking at where she was walking because she just looked at her phone.

But anyway, I don't want to make a fuss about little things so I proceeded back to Kihyun.

But she really look familiar to me.

"Sohee-ss!" I heard someone call my name before I could even reach my table. I looked around and saw Minhyuk walking towards me.

"M-Minhyuk-ssi?"

"Kurae. It's nice to see you here."

"O-Eo.." I glanced at Kihyun and I saw him glare at me. Oh god.

"I saw you with Kihyun-ssi but I'd rather approach you than him." He said, smiling.

"K-Kurae? Who are you with?"

"My older sister. You passed by her outside the rest room."

Sister?

"Ah, she was the one with you in Hongdae, right? So you have another sister, huh.."

"Ne it was her. I never told you I have a step sister. She is my dad's daughter from another woman."

"I see."

I glanced at Kihyun again and he is still glaring at me. He signaled me to go back in my seat.

"I-I better go now. It was nice seeing you here." I said.

I walked past him but he suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"Sohee.."

"N-Ne?"

"I--"

I then felt another hand grab my other wrist.

"Kihyun?" I was surprised.

"Did she give you the right to call her without honorrifics?" He asked Minhyuk.

Minhyuk laughed.

"No but I don't think she'll mind, right SOHEE?" Minhyuk grinned.

Kihyun's grip on my hand tightened which made me flinch.

"Let go of my wife."

"Your wife? She's your prisoner, not your wife."

Oh come on. Do they have to do this?

I pulled my arm from Minhyuk's grip.

"I'm sorry Minhyuk-ssi but we came here to eat so please don't cause some trouble."

Minhyuk scoffed.

"Trouble? Is it me? He's forcing you into this marriage that--"

"Minhyuk-ssi." I stopped him. He shouldn't be doing this. "Please. Don't say such things. You know nothing about us."

It's sad but I have to tell him that.

I hate getting into trouble although I entered the greatest trouble I could ever get involved. The moment I accepted the favor of delivering that chicken, my fate was already determined.

"You heard her." Kihyun said before pulling me back towards our table.

I couldn't look at Minhyuk but soon after that, I saw him leave with his sister.

"You did a good job back there." Kihyun said.

"It was hard for me, you know."

"But you said it. I'm glad that you defended our marriage."

"I was defending us."

The food is already served in our table so we both started eating.

"Sohee?"

"Eo?" I continued to chew my food.

"Say.. Will it be hard for you to like me?"

I coughed.

I choked on the food that I was chewing.

"Why are you asking me that?!"

"I just thought that maybe if we sincerely like each other, then there would be no problem." He said.

"I.. I don't know.. Why did you suddenly think of that?"

"Because I think that.."

He paused and put his utensils down. He then looked at me straight in the eyes.

I was frozen, waiting for him to continue speaking. I couldn't chew the food left in my mouth.

"Why don't we date for real?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 58 19
Hello everyone this is my first time writing something. Hopefully you all will enjoy and also most of the stories which I will be uploading are inspi...
5.5K 230 25
"I had loved her for so many years... but she's married now and she can't escape from him. I still love her and I know she feels the same". She's los...
15.6K 994 20
in which they were meant to fade. cowritten by @jiphoric cover by @directorww [monsta x im changkyun + lee jooheon] unedited / written in 2018-2019
239K 6.6K 111
[ imagines/one shots of monsta x ] °genie of creating fantasies° Published: 13 May 2017 Completed: 18 June 2020