Sweet Taste

By SmileyKari

Lauren Finn has just graduated from high school and is now going to her college life in Gourmet International... More

A/N :)
A/N :)
Chapter 1: Flight To France
Chapter 2: Gourmet International French Culinary Academy
Chapter 3: My Aunt's House
Chapter 4: Pastry Convention
Chapter 5: Mr. Know-It-All
Chapter 6: First Day In The Academy
Chapter 7: Why Does This Have To Happen?
Chapter 8: Another Chace
Chapter 9: Love Is What Makes The World Go Round
Chapter 10: First Activity Spoiled
Chapter 11: You Again
Chapter 12: Activity Two
Chapter 13: The Two Blondes
Chapter 14: I Found You
Chapter 15: Brownies
Chapter 16: Chocolate Temptation
Chapter 18: Another Revelation
Chapter 19: Minutes Felt Eternity
Chapter 20: Changes
Chapter 21: Chace Decides What?!
Chapter 22: Tropical Smoothie
Chapter 23: Practice Sessions
Chapter 24: Getaway
Chapter 25: Fruit Cocktail
Chapter 26: Cotton Candy Love β™₯
Chapter 27: First Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 28: Second & Third Day Of Summer Camp
Chapter 29: Hurts More Than A Scar
Chapter 30: I'm Going Insane Because Of You
Chapter 31: The Kind I Like
Chapter 32: First Round Of The Tournament
Chapter 33: Matter Of Life And Death
Chapter 34: Second Round
Chapter 35: The Deal
Chapter 36: A Long Night
Chapter 37: Third Round: Fight These Feelings
Chapter 38: Third Round: The Judging
Chapter 39: Heart Raced Day
Chapter 40: Frenemenies to Best Friends
Chapter 41: The Revelation Of The Box
Chapter 42: My Sweet Taste Prince
Epilogue-- 5 Years Later

Chapter 17: Jump!

3.5K 29 5
By SmileyKari

It’s been weeks since that fieldtrip.

And I could never forget what Blake carved in that Belgium chocolate.

Lyka and Leila lied to the guys that if they talk to them, blonde girls will be nice to us but guess not.

Oh, and one more thing, Desiree and Drew aren’t an official couple but Drew’s courting her. Many girls are envy of Desiree because Drew’s VERY in love with her.

And no, they don’t do public affection that much. Drew always bake peach flavoured treats for her since peach is Desiree’s favourite. Desiree’s pretty calm when she’s in love. She doesn’t go ranting about her day with Drew. She only tells me the big news but never the small issues like when Drew tells her everyday that her hair smells so good which is true. I know that because I checked Desiree’s inbox.

While Chace and the others are pretty okay already except for the fact they don’t hang out.

“I can’t wait for tomorrow’s first break! I got to hit the mall and buy me some lotions for some relaxing time.” Desiree said.

“You really need one.” I said heading in to the examination room.

Yes, today’s our last examination for this semester then tomorrow will be our first break. Our break is two weeks so I wonder what I’ll be doing.

~~

The next day,

“Where you headin’ dressing like THAT?” Aunt Gemi asked me emphasizing ‘That’.

By that she meant by, my hair in a bun, in a sleeveless green ruffled shirt, dark skinny jeans and lastly, my cowboy boots.

“Going to Blake’s house here in France with Desiree.” I laughed.

“Oh, that hottie? Don’t come back home without a ring okay?” Aunt Gemi joked.

“He’s all yours.” I said. “See you tonight!” I waved then closed the door.

I went to the central station and waited for Desiree.

“Boo!”

“Des!” I said turning around.

“You never called me ‘des’?” Desiree smiled looking at me.

“You surprised me.” I said.

“That’s why.” She laughed.

We were going to meet with Blake here. Drew’s going to stay home and clean their house since he says it’s so messy. I wonder where’s Blake.

“There he is!” Desiree said.

Blake was approaching us. He was wearing a white shirt and a black leather jacket plus black pants and violet sneakers. His hair was in a gel and he honestly looks hot.

“Hey Blake.” Desiree said waving at him.

Desiree was wearing an orange floral dress with brown high knee boots. Her hair was in curl and tied up. She looks pretty cute in that outfit.

“Come on, Drew’s waiting for you guys.” Blake said and we followed him to his car.

I sat behind while Desiree sat at the front seat. Having the back seat all to yourself is pretty fun.

It was a 20 minute travel and when we arrived, there was a big white gate.

Blake lowered the window and said something to the guard then the gate was now wide open.

The drive continued and I saw flowers everywhere.

“This place is amazing.” I said.

“I know right.” Desiree gasped.

We arrived at their front door. Their house was in brick style and their front door was a big wooden door with two guards guarding it.

“Come on. I’ll give you guys a tour.” Blake said opening the door for Desiree and after her, me.

We entered the house and woah.

There was a big room with nothing except for the grand stairs with two wooden doors on the left, two wooden doors on the right.

The first wooden door is the living room. It has a big portrait of their family picture in the middle and a fire place below it. There’s a fuzzy polar on the middle of the room and a fuzzy couch after it. The floor’s also wooden and there’s a flat screen telly just at the back of the couch. Blake says the couch’s reversible and when he showed us how it works, our mouths were wide open.

The next door was the comfort room. It wasn’t a small comfort room, it was BIG.

The floor was tiled and the mirror was big. It has a big shower place and a cabinet.

The other two rooms are where the maids and guards sleep.

We went up the grand stairs. I just now noticed the big chandelier on top of the whole house. Nice!

The second floor has only two doors.

First door is a big arcade! Awesome!

Second door is a big kitchen with a dining table.

And now for the third floor, the last floor.

It was where the bedrooms are.

There were three doors. First door, their parents’ room. Second door, his big sister’s room and last room, theirs.

“So, after that amazing tour, let’s go to our room. Though it’s a bit messy.” Drew said leaning on the door.

We went in their room and the walls are colored sky blue with a bit of dark blue spots. They both have a water bed! Two actually. A white cabinet and a big study table. A big comfort room then the floor was covered in dark blue rug. They like blue.

Drew sat down on his bed, “So what ya guys want to do? Video games? Skates?”

“Eat!” Desiree suggested.

“Hey, I always wanted to try making lunch.” Blake said.

“Lunch?” I asked.

“What time is it?” Desiree asked.

“Quarter to 11.” Drew answered.

“I know what we’re going to do then.” Desiree said.

~~

“Give it to me!” Drew shouted at the kitchen chasing me because of a butter.

“Drew it’s just a butter!” Desiree scolded him.

“But I want to be the one to put the butter on the pan!” Drew pouted.

“Give the dew berry his butter, cream star.” Blake winked at me like he’s some handsome, sexy star. But yeah, he is. But whatever!

“Where’s the lettuce?” I asked.

“Here!” Desiree said and we put it in the bowl and started putting all the ingredients.

As you have guessed, we’re making fresh salad because that’s the only thing healthy enough and it won’t make us fat.

Why butter? We just wanted to put it so that it would smell good.

“How about the apple?” I asked.

“Here! Heads up!” Blake said throwing the apple at me.

Sadly, I didn’t catch the apple since I missed and guess where did it hit?

Yes, the dishwasher which contains 5 glass, 5 plates and 6 spoons and forks.

So yeah, 10 glass and plates were destroyed.

“Oopsie.” Blake and Drew said in sync.

“Yikes.” Desiree and I said in sync.

“I think we should hide this.” Drew said.

“Won’t the maids clean it up?” I asked.

“They’ll tell mommy and we’ll be dead, meat dead!” Drew panicked.

“So what should we do?” I asked.

“Get a broom on that door on the left and Blake get a mop in there too, Desiree keep the maids busy, I’ll finish the salad so they won’t suspect!” Drew commanded like a leader.

Blake and I went in the left closet and took the brooms out and mop, we went back to where the damages are made but suddenly, the glass suddenly brushed through my finger and it started bleeding.

“Lauren, you alright?!” Blake asked worriedly.

Before I could even speak, Desiree came in panting and she was pushing the table to the door.

“The maids demands to come in! What do we do?!” Desiree panicked.

“What?!” Drew, Blake and I said in sync.

“I know! Get out from the back door! I’ll hold them off!” Drew said pushing Desiree to us and Blake pulling us to the back door.

“What about Drew?!” Desiree asked worriedly.

“Don’t worry, he’d escape in the window.” Blake said.

“Window?!” I reacted.

“No! I’ll go with him!” Desiree said pulling away.

I tried to chase after her but Blake pushed me to the door.

“We need to get out now or else my parents won’t allow you guys to come anymore. They’re pretty strict on visitors touching stuffs.” Blake said opening the door and pushing me outside.

“Blake and Drew! You guys are dead!” One of the maids shouted.

We were on a balcony and I stood beside Blake.

We were on the second floor and when I looked down, I saw the dumpsite.

“Where could Des and Drew be?” I asked Blake in whisper.

“The emergency exit of our house. It’s a narrow stairs. I think Drew’s carrying Desiree so she won’t die early.” Blake said calmly.

My eyes widened.

Suddenly, the door knob is beginning to twist and turn by itself! Oh no, the maids!

“Lauren, get ready to jump.” Blake said then suddenly, he lifted me from the air.

“In the count of three, one, two, three!” Then I closed my eyes.

I’m going to die or smell or I don’t know!

I could feel the pressure from the fast falling and I really am scared to death!

“Ow!” I heard from Blake but I still didn’t open my eyes.

“You alright?” A deep and cold voice said.

I opened my eyes and looked up.

“I think.” I answered him.

“Chace! What in the world are you doing here and why is Lauren in your hands?!” Blake said while getting off the dumpster.

“So are you really going to let her go into the dumpster? I had to do something you know.” Chace answered while he’s still carrying me.

My heart was thumbing fast and my cheeks flushing red.

“Skip aside that, what are you doing here?” Blake asked his voice irritated.

“I was just stopping by since we live next door and this was practically my garden too.” Chace said putting me down.

I don’t know why, but I kind of like the way he was carrying me.

“You live next door?” I asked.

I notice the other building in front of me and it was time two larger than Blake’s.

“Yeah, didn’t Blake tell you?” He asked me.

“She doesn’t need to know you live here.” Blake said.

“There you guys are! Oh, Chace! Hey!” Drew said while Desiree trailed behind him.

“What a wonderful surprise.” Chace smirked.

Blake looked at Chace with so much hatred.

“I think we should get out now or else the maids will tie us all up.” Drew said in panic.

“Why not stay at my place first?” Chace said.

So that was decided, we went in to Chace’s place and rested there for a while.

“I’ll be back. I’ll get you guys something to drink.” Chace said and closed the door.

We were in his room and Blake was still on a bad mood while Drew sat beside Desiree playing cards.

“Why do you hate Chace so much?” I asked Blake.

He didn’t respond.

“Hey, why do you-”

“Stop it! Okay? I don’t want to talk about it.” Blake said.

~~

School’s back!

I can’t believe it. It’s been a week since that day.

Blake and I are fine. We’re still close as ever but he still doesn’t want to talk about that ‘thing’. I really wonder why.

~~

“Since today is the second semester, I’m going to introduce you to a new student.” Mrs. Flinston announced.

I wonder who it’ll be.

“Please come in.” Mrs. Flinston said.

The door slid open and the familiar form came in.

When he lifted his head, my mouth opened and my eyes widened.

“Where do you want to sit Mr. Smith?” Mrs. Flinston asked.

“Behind Lauren Finn, please.” He grinned.

I heard Chace mumbled something that sounds like, “Why is he here?!” Something like that.

But yeah, why is he here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why oh why??:O 

See you in the next chapter and thank you so much for voting! 105 votes! 

And 2k reads! Thank you so much!!!:D 

-SmileyKari :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 364 19
London 1923. Charlotte Wynthorpe's socialite circle is being plagued by a rash of diamond burglaries during their wild, drunken parties. Sensing some...
4K 716 35
Lucifer himself, Vincent Romano, trained to strike and kill. His eyes plastered with fury and hatred. His wrath was inevitable. Stella Moore, daught...
29.4K 2.5K 11
before one was shy, the other was sad. art became his only escape, with lifelss brown eyes and a broken heart. //prequel to rosy cheeks//can be read...
29.5K 485 22
Marcus and Martinus live with their mom and sister because their dad passed away... But they aren't only brothers and twins..they are something more...