A Good Man

By kahlatheauthor

Mama always told me "baby , you are going to go through a few men that might bring you hell on earth but a go... More

Realization
Ms. J'aoir , Ms. J'aoir
First Take
House Hunting
Settling In
Down in the D
Game Time
Girls/Guys Day Out
All These Kisses
S(he's) Br(ok)en
Under The Mistle Toe
Uninvited Stranger
New Year's Nightmare
Being more active
The Unexpected
Paradise

Liftoff

7K 191 17
By kahlatheauthor

Andre

"Baby pass me the computer so that I can order  both of these tickets please" I said to a stubborn Kennedy who was not trying to give up the macbook.

We've been having a lil disagreement every since she came home from work about who was going to by the plane tickets and basketball tickets to her brother's game oversees.

"No babe , not until you agree to at least let me buy something" she said , withholding the macbook.

I decided to agree with her and let her pitch in on something. "You want to buy something ? Fine , you can buy the pillows for our neck to relax on, on the flight, they're $20 on amazon , have fun , now give me the computer beautiful" I smiled at her as she looked at me irritated. She was just too cute.

"You were trying to be funny ? I forgot to laugh haha. Now let me buy something for real babe, I mean it is MY brother's oversees game. " she straight faced me.

To avoid this going on much longer I chose to let her buy the basketball game tickets since they were the cheapest out the two.

"Fine lil mama , you can buy the tickets to the game and ill handle the plane tickets" I assured her , giving her a kiss and taking the macbook to purchase plane tickets to Germany.

The game was this Saturday , August 12th in Germany.

Kennedy went online on her Ipad to get the game tickets "You only gave me the tickets cause it was cheaper but I guess it's better" she said side-eyeing me as I reached over and kissed her cheek.

We shared a laugh "Get used to it being with me mama"

I purchased the round trip tickets to Germany and back for two people. I got my credit card out and paid for them and printed out the paper to give to the lady at the airport.

"How much were they babe?" Ken asked as I came back in the room from her home office.

I handed her one of the papers and laid back down in bed with her as she was about to get the game tickets.

"We leave at 8AM on Friday, and we'll get there around 10PM on Friday. They were 2,520, next time we go out the country, we're renting a private jet for all that" I told her as she looked shocked.

"you damn right , 2,520 for some plane tickets? craziness" I laughed at her sounding like she was somebodies Grandma.

"How much did you spend little lady?" She locked her phone and cuddled up with me

"Not much , just $100 , we have court side seats. I also got us those pillows for our necks although first class should be comfortable." she replied closing her eyes.

I looked over at the clock and saw it was 11:00pm , so I knew after her long day of work she would be out. My day at work was tiring so I could use the sleep.

I was staying with her every night. Either she would be at my house or I would be over here. We were always together but I can't complain cause I love it personally.

"Tomorrow we can go shopping for a few things for our trip since we both off" I whispered not trying to startle her. "Okay babe , night night" she replied tiredly as she reached up and met my lips for a kiss.

"Goodnight baby girl" I said , before cutting the lights off and watching some tv before letting sleep consume me for the night.

9:30 AM , Thursday

KennedyJ.

"Babe , what kind of tooth paste do you want? the colgate or the colgate optic white?" I stopped at the travel section in Walmart to grab Dre and I's travel gear.

"Optic white is cool baby" he said, as he grabbed two travel deodorants , one for each of us.

We both threw the items in the basket and continued to shop for stuff for our flight. We leave tomorrow morning and we should arrive tomorrow around 10pm, and to say we were excited was an understatement.

Dre and I were finally getting to go on our first big vacation together. We'll sort of. My brother , Caesar and Dre made plans to link up while we were in Germany , while Jailee and I did the same.

I was excited for them to get to know each other more so that my brother could see that he was a great guy for me. He truly is amazing.

"Ay baby girl don't you need that coconut stuff to wash your hair?" he reminded me as we were about to walk away from the travel aisle.

"Oh shoot , you're right , thanks baby you're a life saver" I replied as I gave him a playful kiss and reached up to grab my Coconut Milk shampoo and hair conditioner by OGX. This stuff was MY holy grail, especially when I took my weave out and wore my hair natural.

A lot of people never understood why I wore weave considering that my hair is the same length as my bundles that I get. I simply wear it so I don't have to worry about heat damage and my hair can continue to grow beautifully.

However this trip I decided to let my natural hair breathe while I was out of the country with my boo.

We went shopping for a few more things, and didn't grab everything because we would have to come back for our food to eat on the flight.

We went through the self checkout line and got to a station. I rung the stuff up while Dre bagged it and put the bags into the cart. Our total came to $96.78 and Dre passed me his card to pay for it.

"Thanks baby" I told him as I handed him his card back and we made our way to my Jeep.

As we were driving back to my house we decided to stop at chick fil a. I reached back in my overnight bag to grab my wallet , since I spent the night with Dre at his place last night.

"Welcome to chick fil a my name is Leah , how may I serve you?" The girl spoke through the mic.

"Hi , can I get a 12 count chicken nugget meal , with a sweet tea" I spoke to her as Dre was thinking about what he wanted.

"Alright , will that complete your order?" she asked

"No I also need a spicy deluxe with american cheese meal as well , with a sweet tea" I finished up my order.

"Alrighty , any sauces or condiments?" I looked at Dre as he whispered bbq sauce.

"Just a lot of barbecue and chick fil a sauce" I told her

"Alright your total is going to be $15.69 and it'll be a pleasure to serve you at the window" she told us before we pulled around

"Alright , thank you so much" I thanked her.

We pulled around and I payed for our food. I ate some of my fries on the way home and saw Dre recording me from the side of my eye.

"Asked her did she want any food before we left the house and she talking bout bae no i'm not hungry, then boo what is this?!" He joked at me , while I was eating my delicious fries.

"Stoppppp" I laughed as I put my hand up to cover my face.

We made it back to my house and I carried our food in and sat it in the kitchen while Dre brung the for bags in.

I grabbed the bags and sat them in the guest room before joining him to eat our food.

"You excited about tomorrow?" He asked , as I opened up my nugget box and chick fil a sauce

"Yea , kind of nervous though , i've flown before but not for 14 consecutive hours" I ate my chicken nugget and sipped some of my tea.

"It's going to be okay baby, we're going to get there safely and have a great first getaway together, okay?" He told me , lifting up my head with his finger

I cracked a smile at him being all cute. "Okay babe" I confidently said. He kissed me lightly and smiled at me back, "That's my woman"

We sat around and continued to eat before going upstairs to my room so I could pack.

Andre packed last night and brought his bags in here. He started watching episodes of POWER that we missed.

I went into my walk in closet and grabbed my Louis Vuitton luggage set and started to fill the big bag.

I packed a total of 10 outfits , we were only going for 8 days , Saturday through the following Sunday, but I needed extra outfits just incase I wanted to mix it up.

I packed different shoes and a few bathing suits and cover ups. Lastly I threw underwear , socks, and bras into the bag. After I filled that bag with all of my clothes I needed , I filled up the smaller bag and put my Macbook , Ipad, and Canon camera bag in it , with all of the chargers and cases in it that I would need.

I zipped up those two bags and filled the smallest bag with my all of toilet trees. I zipped up that bag as well and Andre and I started to take our bags to the trunk of the rental that we got just to drive to the airport since neither one of us wanted to leave our vehicles.

After two hours of packing and making sure everything was okay we took our showers and started getting ready for bed.

It was only 8:00 but we had an early flight so we had to wake up at about 5am so we could leave by 6:30 and get to the airport an hour before our flight.

I washed my face and put some shea butter on it so let it soak in my face. He washed his face as well and put some water in his hair before brushing it and putting on his gucci inspired durag for the night.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and took a picture of us as I posed in front of him smiling while he wrapped his arm around the back of my neck and it dropped in front of my chest diagonally.

He posted it and captioned it "calling it a night❤️" and sent me the picture and I posted it as well and captioned it "early nights w. my man💋". I exited out of all my apps and we laid in bed and watched the last few episodes that we had left.

Friday Morning
Dre

"Alright everything all set to go?" I asked Ken as we were about to leave her house.

It was about 6:20 and we were about to head to the airport for our flight that left at 8AM.

"Yes babe" Kennedy said walking out of the house with a blue blanket that we were going to use on the flight, along with our neck pillows.

We both dressed for the flight. I had on a simple black shirt with black sweatpants and my gucci flip flops with my matching gucci socks.

Kennedy had on the same colors as me , always trying to be like daddy. She wore her black t-shirt , black sweat shorts and gucci flip flops and left her hair in the natural state which I loved.

After making sure all alarms were set and everything was locked we headed over to the rental car. I got in the driver's side while Ken sat in the passenger seat and got a little relaxed.

"You look beautiful in your natural state, I love it" I expressed to her as we stopped at a red light.

She smiled hard and gave me a kiss, "thank you baby, and you look handsome as always" she replied looking at me all over.

After about 30 minutes we arrived at the airport at 7AM. We parked the rental car and grabbed our bags, heading inside the airport.

I only had one of my Gucci Bags because unlike Ken ,  I didn't over pack. I got everything into my big Gucci bag, along with my devices.

Being that I had one bag and Ken had three , I took two of her bags so she only had to carry one , which was the one with the electronic devices in it.

We went to the front desk and checked in, handing the lady our printed receipts so she would know that we paid previously. She scanned both of the barcodes the on the papers and handed us our plane tickets. We had first class seats on flight B60 to Dresden, Germany.

I picked up Ken's bags as we found two seats beside each other to sit at near the waiting area. We made sure we sat by the boarding gate.

We sat and talked about everything from how work was going for the both of us , to what different foods we wanted to try while we were in Dresden.

After about an hour our flight was being called.
"Flight B60 for Dresden Germany will be leaving in thirty minutes" the airport associate announced over the intercom.

We grabbed our bags and headed towards the boarding gate, handing our tickets to the attendant as we walked past.

We found our seats and the attendant told us were to put our luggage. After handling that , we got comfortable in our seats and buckled our seat belts for take off.

After about another thirty minutes we were moving and about to take off. I looked at Ken and she looked back at me holding my hand.

"and we're off" she spoke quietly so just the two of us can hear. We shared a much needed kiss and prepared ourselves for a fourteen hour flight.

Ignore mistakes , didn't edit 💖
There is chapter six you guys. I've recently been stumped with ideas on what to do next but i'm making it work. I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far and stay tuned on the journey of Ken and Andre. Until next time , thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 55.3K 62
"Breathe." He dipped his head down so that his lips were right at my ear, his strong arm wrapped securely around my waist, molding my body into his...
1K 14 37
I always considered myself a good person, helping others is my ultimate goal even my job shows you that. It was how I was raised by my adoptive fathe...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
378K 8.8K 50
"No one can have you beside me" he said "Why are you making my life a living hell? What have I done to you? She said "when I laid my eyes on you ,I k...