The Unexpected

Disclaimer : It's a two week time skip
Location : Medical Center
Time : Friday , 11:00PM

Ken..

It was late..this is the latest i've ever been here. For the past few weeks i've been working with the FBI in Miami, to help them close the Deon case.

A lot of suggestions bounced around , we went from possible accidental death , to possible suicide, but none of those options sat right with me. We overlooked pictures from the crime scene, although Deon's body was badly burned it was also in fragments as if he was eaten.

While investigating his body for his autopsy I found bite marks which was very peculiar. When I ran the DNA of the animal from the bite marks, it came back as positive for a Lion's Fangs. I was in disbelief, this was definitely a homicide.

"What kind of sick person would do this" I wondered to myself. Don't get me wrong of course I wanted him gone for good but to be eaten by a Lion was torture.

While I was in deep thought a detective knocked on my lab door. It was detective Jessica Jake.

"Knock knock hey Ms. J'Aoir how are you darling" she came over and rubbed my back with a sympathetic look, because she knows this case has been hard on me.

I looked at her and gave her a gentle smile , "I'm doing okay, we're this close to closing this case" I pinched my fingers together as an example.

"You damn right we are. We got DNA evidence off of a few cigars that were left at the scene, we were hoping maybe you could recover them and run the DNA" she handed me over the evidence file that contained three cigars.

I gladly took it from her and went over to my microscope and placed the cigars on the plate one by one to test for any evidence. I looked closely and noticed there were still some DNA cells on the cigars so I took a swab and ran it through the DNA system.

"Alright I will get these results and have them back to you within the hour" I turned to her , letting her know she can escort herself out.

She turned away and started walking towards the lab door. "Thanks J'Aoir , you're the best" she smiled before walking out.

I sat down matching up all kinds of DNA in the computer to try and figure out who could've done this. While I was matching up DNA I got a phone call from Andre. He normally doesn't call while i'm at work unless it's an emergency so I answered quickly.

"Hey baby , is everything alright? is Zeus alright? did you feed him? Did you eat ? what's wrong?" I asked in one breath and in a hurry.

He started laughing lightly through the phone, which caused me to laugh at myself because I was sounding like a total mom.

"Baby everything is okay , calm down Nurse J'Aoir" he started off which made me sigh in relief. "I was just making sure you were okay" He finished off.

He's always checking up on me , "Yes babe i'm fine , just waiting on these results and then I will be on the way home" I informed him.

"Okay, just text me when you're on the way and I can come pick you up since it's real late, or walk out the door with the Agents, not by yourself" He demanded like he was somebodies dad.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay dad I will be careful" I reassured him.

While I was talking to him the DNA results popped up and three people came across the screen, to say I was shocked was an understatement.

"Alright baby I love you" he brought me back to reality.

I had to fix this, I had to get to the bottom of this , something wasn't right. "Uh huh yea I got to go" I hung up quickly.