New Year's Nightmare

disclaimer : This chapter is about 3,000 words long. Be prepared to have y'all wig snatched! I didn't edit btw, I'm updating currently at 2AM , and it's too late for all that. Excuse mistakes ! Enjoy !

Dec. 31, 2017
Location: Ken and Dre's home.
Time: Around 1:30 AM

Kennedy J.

  The sun shining through our window woke me up. I looked over to my right..but Dre was still gone. He'd been out all night , I didn't hear him leave nor come in. After I told him everything that was going on it's like his whole mood towards me changed, but I can understand why.

Stretching , I looked over on the nightstand for my phone seeing that I had no messages from Dre or calls, which was strange. I knew he was upset but I didn't think he was pissed.

Getting out of bed , I decided to take a quick shower before going downstairs to fix myself something to eat. I tried texting Dre , which I received no response, and calling him , which I received no answer. I figured he was at Wayno's or Bully's house.

Walking downstairs , I noticed the TV was on and Zeus was on the couch watching whatever was on it.
I walked over to the couch , seeing Dre knocked out , still in the clothes he left out in last night.

"Dre , Andre David Brewster, wake your ass up right now" I yelled. I was furious , I understand he was upset but going all night and not letting me know what's going on is crazy.

He woke up and quickly noticed the mad look on my face , so he rolled over facing the opposite side so he couldn't look at me. "What man" he lowly said.

"What man? You better have a decent explanation for what the fuck that shit was that you pulled last night" , to say I was upset was an understatement, I was livid.

He sat up , and stretched in nothing but a wife beater and his sweatpants still on. "Look , I don't have time for the blame game alright. I was pissed last night so I went over to go see Wayno and Bully to unwind. We smoked some weed , had some drinks, that was all", he told me.

I sat next to him , and started to do what was long over due. "Look , I should've told you on Christmas when I first received the first message. I should've told you right away because something could've seriously happened. I'm sorry , and I promise to not keep secrets anymore"

He looked like he was hearing what I was saying but not really listening. "I appreciate the apology. I just wanted you to understand that I love you way to much to let something happen to you."

I listened to what he was saying , taking it all in. I sat down on the couch beside him, "I love you too baby , and it won't happen again. Thank you for always protecting me", I told him while he gave me a gentle smile.

He leaned in and gave me a kiss , "It better not" he said seriously , letting me know he wasn't playing.

"It won't" I kissed him one more time , "Now go brush your teeth , your morning breathe isn't so delightful"

He got up from the couch and headed up to our bedroom , and I remembered the New Year's party. "Hey babe , my parents are having a New Year's party and we're going. It's at 8:30 so we're gonna go at like 9:00".

He looked back at me , and gave me the "ok" head nod before continuing upstairs. I decided to go into the kitchen and fix us brunch, enough to hold us over until we went to my moms.

I cooked up some chicken , waffles , bacon , eggs , grits, and put out some fruit in a bowl for me. Shortly after the food was done , Dre came back downstairs in sweat shorts and no shirt.