DISTANCE (Josh Dun x Reader)...

By idkbrooklyn

❝THERE'S NO SUNSHINE.❞ ☼ (SEQUEL TO CLOSE) More

prologue
one
two
three
four
the album
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty øne
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
-
book three
THE PROLOGUE

twenty five

5K 163 1.3K
By idkbrooklyn

(this is your music video, well kinda. you know how artists usually give previews of the video leading up to the whole thing? this is the preview of 11:59 PM. obviously i can't make a whole video considering i don't have a real song to put but just imagine lol. hope you like it! it even features a familiar face ;-))

-Your P.O.V-

"That was probably the most iconic thing I have ever witnessed."

I laughed to Josh as we locked arms and made our way to the car with Jenna and Tyler right behind us.

We were headed to Brendon's after party at his house. I was excited to see all my friends and even Josh's family since it's been a while since my last visit with them. We had a brief conversation before the Grammy's started though.

After we arrive with Brendon greeting us at the front door, we step indoors to the two-story building with a beautiful interior.

"Wow. Fancy place." I whisper and nod, scanning the room.

Fancy food, fancy decorations, just fancy everything. I look out of the open window and take it all in.

"Hey guys! Glad you could make it." I step back and find Brendon standing in front of Josh and I.

"Yeah, thanks for inviting us!" I exclaim, smiling in return.

"No problem. Oh, congratulations man!" Brendon pats Josh's shoulder and Josh nods.

"Thanks so much, congrats to you too though!" Josh points out Brendon's nomination as well.

"Yeah, well, there's always next year right?" The band member shrugs, Josh and I smile.

I was proud of Brendon too, I listened to Panic! a lot before I knew Brendon Urie personally, kind of like the same situation with Tyler and Josh.

About an hour later, we chatted with a few more folks but mostly it's just been Josh and I standing around.

"Why don't you go mingle some more and I'll catch up with you later?" Josh places a hand on my back.

"You're not gonna come with me?" I furrow my brows, slightly muddled.

"Nah, I'm gonna try to find Tyler for a second if you don't mind." Josh shakes his head.

"Oh, well okay if you're sure." I shrug.

"Go ahead. Talk to people!" Josh pushes my forward, laughing.

"Josh, you and I both know I'm just gonna stand by the food table awkwardly." I whisper to him.

Josh takes a deep inhale, smiling before he winks at me.

"That's my girl."

-Josh's P.O.V-

I eventually find Tyler and Jenna by the glass window, chatting.

"Hey guys. Jenna, mind if I borrow Tyler for a sec?" I pat Tyler and look at Jenna.

"Oh, go ahead! I'll be over by (Y/N)." Jenna points to (Y/N) and walks over with a grin.

Tyler turns to me, an almost mischievous simper on his face.

"You got it?" Tyler throws his arm around my shoulders.

"Yep." I breathe in and out.

"Good luck my man. You've got this. I'm gonna go talk to the girls."

-Tyler's P.O.V-

Leaving Josh, I skip over to Jenna and (Y/N).

"Hey." I exhale.

They say something back but my mind was too distracted with Josh.

-FLASHBACK-

Josh and I just finished the last of the hometown shows and exited the stage.

We immediately engulf each other in a friendly hug, feeling very alive.

"Tyler?" He grabs my attention.

"Yeah?" I focus.

"I need to talk to you." Josh says to me.

"Well, what's up?" I place my hands on my hips.

"I wanna propose to (Y/N)." Josh blurts out.

I blink a few times.

"Really? When?" I show a small smile.

"I don't know but I think I'm ready." Josh shrugs, smiling nervously.

I pat his shoulder.

"That's awesome, man." I reply.

An idea struck me.

"How about sometime after the Grammy's? Like at Brendon's?" I suggest.

"Uh, do you think he'd be cool with it?" Josh ruffles his hair, both of still a bit out of breath.

"We can call him?" The words leave my mouth as (Y/N) and Jenna are spotted right beside us.

"Hey, you guys were amazing!" Jenna congratulates us and I place my arm around her.

"Yeah, that was so fun." (Y/N) agrees, grabbing Josh's hand.

"Thanks." Josh smiles, a bit red.

I make eye contact with Josh, laughing.

Josh proposing to (Y/N) right after the Grammy's and I'm the only one who knows?

This is gonna be interesting.

-FLASHBACK END-

My thoughts are placed back at Jenna and (Y/N) before my eyes turn to Josh.

He looks like he's struggling getting something out of his jacket pocket.

The box the ring is held in, perhaps?

My grin immediately fades and my heart starts to race when I notice him start to fumble backwards.

Josh.

Open window.

Backwards.

Two-story.

Oh no.

"JOSH!" I yell as loudly as possible and catch his attention just seconds before his body exits through out the window and the whole room darts their eyes to Josh falling.

"JOSH!" (Y/N) and I both shriek.

As if time had slowed down (Y/N) sprinted towards the stairs to get to Josh with me, Jenna, Brendon and a few others trailing behind her just as fast.

We make it outside the building and we see Josh's body.

Running as fast as we can, we find Josh laying, eyes closed.

"He must've gotten knocked out." I manage to speak.

"Oh my god, I'll call an ambulance!" Jenna whispers before running a few feet away to make the call.

(Y/N) leans down in the dirt, moving Josh's head off a large rock in the garden he landed in. Her fingers stained with a few patches of red but nothing too bad. Josh was bleeding but not enough for him to bleed out.

"Josh?" She whispers to him but he lays still.

She caresses him and for a moment I think to myself.

Josh was about to propose to the love of his life but instead this happens?

Why can't life ever be fair?

...

About an hour or so later, the gang finds themselves in the waiting room seats of the hospital, slumped beside me is (Y/N), not having said a word since we arrived here.

Why? Why, why, why?

The only word that managed to rummage through my mind right now.

My best friend.

This night was supposed to be perfect.

It was perfect until the night decided to screw us over.

I lift my hand with Jenna's wrapped around and look at the time on my watch.

Ten after ten PM.

I sigh, groan, pout.

I should try thinking positive.

My thoughts halted as (Y/N) spoke to me.

"You know, it's gonna be okay..." She whispers, her voice sounding a bit broken.

I look at her for a moment, knowing she has more to say.

"Maybe. I don't know. I feel like if I tell other people that then maybe I'll start to believe it myself." She continued.

I inhale through my nose.

"You should. Because it will be okay." I try to assure.

(Y/N) looks down, her eyes a bit heavy.

The doctor walks in, making everyone stand up.

"He seems to be waking up. A few of you can go in and see him." The doctor informs us.

(Y/N) says nothing but fast walks to the room Josh was cooped up in.

"Thanks doc." I nod before Jenna and I follow along.

-Your P.O.V-

I enter the room.

Josh is laying in a hospital bed.

Oh my god, Josh...

I bite my lip before slowing walking over to the boy.

"J-Josh?" I whisper, not trying to be too loud.

He tries to sit up but winces in pain.

I delicately place him back before taking his hand.

"Josh?" I say once again.

"Uh...yeah?" He finally opens his brown eyes.

I flash a small smile, my eyes still tear stained.

"Oh thank God." I say to myself, relieved.

I caress the yellow-haired boy's cheek as he looks at me.

"How do you feel?" I tilt my head, moving my body a bit more towards him.

"In pain but uh...I have a question." Josh looks at Jenna, Tyler and I as a confused look is plastered on his bruised face.

"Yeah?" I wonder.

Josh takes a good look at everyone in the room one more time before speaking up.

"Who are you?"

.

.

.

.

*END OF BOOK TWO: PART ONE*

A/N: remember the ending of Close? you and josh broke up.

you think i'm gonna end the first part of this book with a happy ending?

yoU THINK YOU AND JOSH ARE JUST GONNA GET MARRIED AND RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSET TOGETHER, HAPPILY EVER AFTER?

nope! that's not how it works frens.

at least, not for this author.

so, yeah. another sad ending. way to go, me.

DON'T KILL ME PLEASE OK THERE WILL BE MORE, A PART TWO. (obviously)

BUT you have to let me know the answers to these questions first.

1. what did you think of book two part one as a whole?

2. do you want me to publish a separate book calling it book three or to just continue writing on this book and make the next chapters included here (chapter 26 and beyond)?

.

i'm not sure when the first chapter of part two will come out.

actually scratch that!

I'LL PUBLISH THE NEXT PART WHEN TWENTY ONE PILOTS PUBLISHES THEIR NEXT ALBUM. HAHAH.

..

..

DON'T WORRY I'M JOKING. that could be months from now sadly.

ANYWAY.

have any questions? leave em here my man.

but other than that, i'm gonna head outta here before the comment section plans a war against me.

get ready for a storm of emotions in DISTANCE: PART TWO, my dear reader.

good luck.

until next time, stay rad!

-b

(oh btw i have an instagram just for tøp @ whoisstayalive so follow it if u want more of me for some reason???)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 9.4K 80
❝Leo, that's stupid. Count me in.❞ Highest ranking: #927 in Fanfiction 7/10/2017 [ Percy Jackson Fanfiction ] [ Oneshots x Reader ] ©cinnamjoonroll s...
907 52 49
unknown number: I miss you me: josh? sequel to imessage💕 completed: 13/5/2017
224K 3.7K 26
"i love you" read at 11:11 am -COMPLETED HIGHEST RANKING: #11 in Fanfiction
20.3K 1.3K 45
«joshler» Tyler's suicidal, and Josh is too. «sequel to just children once» **LOTS OF TRIGGERS**