Strong, Truly Strong

By maxine247

Strong: Being able to withstand great force or pressure. America was strong. His parents had abandoned him... More

Strong
Native America
Big Sister Vinland
Babies!!!! And Magic?
Mexico and Mexica
Bonding
It's my time
The Lost Colony of Roanoke
Bye bye Big Sis.........Hello Strangers
(The Sad) Life of Colonization
Very Important
A Day in the Life of Being Alone and Growing Up.....Too Fast?
New Siblings
Back to America
The 13 Colonies.......and Boston
The Declaration of Independence
The American Revolutionary War
War Aftermath and 1812
Mexican American and The Civil War
The Spanish American War, The Great Depression, And Pearl Harbor
Mama Native America
The Great Space Race and NAFTA
9/11 and the Paris Attacks
Let the Good Times Roll
Strong, Truly Strong
Announcement
It's Up

Jones

7.2K 229 453
By maxine247

Winners never quit
and
quitters never win

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

America now looked 10. But for a 10 year old, he also looked pretty sad.

As he made himself breakfast, he looked outside the window, "Oh no." he started to look a bit scared.

It looked like it was about to storm outside.

"Everything's going to be okay, everything's gonna be okay," He tried to calm himself down. But it wasn't working.

He started to breath heavily, "Breath, just breath." He told himself but it wasn't working.

It started to rain heavily.

America jumped a little, "Calm down, it's rain. It's only rain."

Lightning struck and he jumped and started once again breathing heavily, "It's only lightning, it's just lightning."

He got up to close the window that was near his bed but was still breathing heavily.

Countries were once again getting scared for little America.

Thunder boomed and he screamed and started to breath even more heavily. Tears were running, "Calm down, just calm down." 

More thunder boomed and America kept jumping, he started to shake, and was struggling to breath.

"No, no, no." China said quietly, getting really scared for him, "Breath, calm down and breath."

America's vision was fading quickly.

He was scared-no terrified.

Ayiana quickly flew over to him, she landed on his shoulder, she nuzzled her beak into his hair as if she was telling him to calm down.

She started to talk to him, (Bald eagles make high pitched sounds) America started to breath slowly again.

She said was basically telling him to inhale then exhale. America was doing so and calming down, he was still shaking a bit though.

Ayiana nuzzled her beak into his hair again to comfort him, he soon stopped shaking and just sat on the bed.

He still seemed really shaken up and a bit scared.

England felt like he was about to cry.

He had sent America back to his country because his population was rising so quickly so he thought it would had been best for him to go back.

Obviously it wasn't.

America could have fainted right then and there if he didn't have that bald eagle there with him.

He barely even visited him after dropping him off in his country.

He never even thought about America felt, not even once.

America soon got up and shakily walked towards the table to try and eat his breakfast.

But he couldn't, he still was shaken up and couldn't eat.

He got up from the table, walked back to his bed, and collapsed on it. He was just staring at the ceiling, Ayiana came over and tried to comfort him.

America wasn't crying he was just in shock.

"Maybe it's time I got over this fear," he said talking about getting over his fear of thunder.

That how America got over his fear, it was pretty tough though.

He had forced himself to stay in place during thunderstorms and not to cry or jump when he heard thunder.

It was hard at first but he was soon able to brave the storms.

He had even made himself stand outside the house during a storm once.

He wouldn't recommend anybody doing that though, he just did it because he was tired of being afraid.

The memory changed.

America was now 11, he was walking through town with some food he had just bought but stopped once he heard crying. He looked towards the woods and started to walk there.

He looked around and saw a girl his age sitting on the ground and crying.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I was climbing that tree," she pointed to a nearby tree, "And fell and now my ankle hurts, I can't get up."

"I'll help you," Alfred walked towards the girl and he put his arms under her arms and legs. He slowly lifted her up, "I'll take you home, where do you live?"

She told him the directions and he carried her to her house and knocked on the door.

A woman opened the door and looked surprised to see Alfred carrying her daughter.

"Natalie what happened?" She asked concerned, motioning for America to come in.

He gently set her on a chair, "I was climbing a tree and fell out of it, and now my ankle hurts." her mother gently touched it, causing her to wince.

"Nothing can keep you away from climbing," her mother said, "Maybe this will."

"After this heals, I'll be up in the trees again."

Her mother slightly smiled, "I know you will." she turned to America, "Thank you for bringing her home, what's your name?"

"Alfred, ma'am, may I ask for yours?"

"Ma'am, I see we have a gentleman here," she smiled.

England slightly smiled at that.

"I'm Teresa, you've already met Natalie. Thank you for bringing her home, how about some pie for your troubles bring her back."

"Oh, it really wasn't any trouble ma'am, you don't have to do that."

She smiled at him, "I know, but I want to." she cut a slice of apple pie and wrapped it up.

"Can you stay Alfred?" Nataile asked.

"Nataile, he probaly has errands to run." her mother said to her.

"That's okay ma'am, I don't mind." Alfred smiled.

"Well, in that case, I'll get you a plate." she put the piece of pie on a plate and up it down on the table, "Please sit down."  

America nodded and sat next to Nataile who was eating a slice of her own.

"You know, you're quite the hero for bringing Nataile back,"

America was about take a bite out of his pie but stopped, "Hero?"

"Yes, a hero."

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm no hero."

"Yes you are!" Nataile exclamied.

"But I didn't save anybody," Alfred said confused.

"A hero doesn't just have to save people, they can also help them." Teresa smiled.

"You helped me!! So your a hero!!"

Alfred smiled, a hero, he liked the sound of that.

Teresa got up and went to got do laundry, Nataile told Alfred about heroes that she would read about.

"I hope I become a hero one day."

Nataaile looked at him, "I told you, you already are!! I bet you'll help a lot of people."

"I don't know, what if they don't want my help? What if they hate me?" he asked.

"Don't mind the haters, they hate you cause they want to be you!! You'll probably even help those who hurt you,"

Japan nodded, America helped him after he had bombed Pearl Harbor and got bombed back.

He regretted that choice though, since then, America and him didn't really talk to each that much, basically only for business. After Pearl Harbor, their friendship had ended.

Japan had done many things in the past to many people, Hong Kong, Philippines, and America, his personal realtionship with them had strained.

He and Hong Kong could talk to each other but it was a bit uncomfortable at times for him.

He had apologized to Philippines but they didn't talk that much.

And America and him only talked for business.  

He had regretted everything he had done.

He honestly wished that they could go back to being best friends.

"I bet one day, you'll show the world that your a hero!!! Everyone would look up to you!!"

America's eyes brightened and he started to smile, "Really!?!"

"Yeah!!"

The door opened and a man and a boy walked in.

"Daddy, Johnny, your back!!!" Nataila smiled.

"We are, and whose this?" Her father looked at Alfred.

America got up and held his hand out, "My name is Alfred, sir."

Her father shook his head, "Sir, someone knows their manners." he smiled.

England smiled again at that again.

America held out his hand to Natalie's brother, who shook it too, "Name's Johnathan."

"Alfred," America said.

Natalie started to tell her father and brother about when Alfred helped her earlier. Teresa came down with a eight month old boy who looked like he just got up, he was still fussing a bit and started to cry. Which made the two thank him just like her mother did.

"Shh, Tommy," She was carry a basket of laudry and the baby at the same time.

"Ms. Teresa, you look like you have your hands full. May I hold him?" America asked.

She nodded,"But he's a bit fussy from his nap." She handed the baby over to him.

America started rocking him back and forth and started to sing the lullaby to him that his mother and sisters sang to him and his siblings. And the lullaby he and Canada would sing to the Mexicos.

Thomas immediatly calmed down.

Many countries like America's singing voice, not that many of them knew he could sing.

Most of them thought he was a fat, selfish, lazy, annoying, idiotic, pig and terrible excuse for a nation and person.

But could they...

Just could they:

Have been wrong?

From what they had seen so far, America wasn't lazy, he was responsible, he wasn't selfish, they had seen how he and Canada had cared for the Mexicos, he was selfless.

And many of them felt bad for him based on what they seen with his childhood, even his enemies felt bad.

The rest of the family looked shocked.

"How did you do that?" Teresa asked still in shock.

"My mother and sisters use to sing me this lullaby all the time, it always worked." He handed Thomas back to her.

She smiled at him, "You have a very beautiful voice."

"Thank you," he smiled back, "I think I should get going now. Thank you for the pie, Ms. Teresa, it was very good. It was nice meeting all of you." He started towards the door.

"Wait," Natalie said, making him stop and turn to her.

She turned to her mother, "Can he stay for dinner please?" 

"If it's okay with him," she turned to America, "Alfred, would you like to stay for dinner?"

He nodded and smiled, "I would love to."

As they all ate, Natalie told Alfred all about her love of adventure. America noticed that she was very cheerful and could go on for hours about something. Her middle name was Rosemary, she told him that it might be why she loved roses so much.

They were her favorite flowers.

She also spoke her mind and gave really good advice.

The memory changed and showed America saying goodbye and walking back to his house.

Countries smiled at the nice memory.

More memories passed that showed America and Natalie playing together. She was still 11 so they could still play together.

The two climbed trees and explored  different places.

America's siblings smiled at the memories but knew something really bad was coming.

After America had gotten his independence, they all asked questions about his life before it happened.

But he never answered their questions and would always change the subject. They didn't want to push him so they wouldn't continue asking them.

But they always thought they saw a flash of pain in his eyes.

America smiled as he watched the memories, Natalie was a best friend and like a sister to him.

She was the first person to ever call him a hero, she believed in him.  

Natalie gave Alfred something that looked like a charm.

"What's this?" She giggled at him, "It's a charm silly, look what it says."

America looked at and smiled.

It said 'Show the world that your a hero'

"Look what it says on the back."

It said, 'From Natalie'

"Thanks."

"Your welcome."

The memory changed again.

This time Alfred was walking into town with the charm in his hand, he was heading to Natalie's house but stop when he heard screaming, he quickly put the charm into his pocket.

"Burn the witch!!!"

"I'm not a witch!!!" A person yelled, they sounded like they were crying.

The older countries froze, oh no.

The witch trials.

Where innocent people where killed because they were supposedly witches.

America stopped in his tracks.   

Oh no.

Natalie?

He ran through the crowd and manage in get in the front of it.

No.

It was her.

"I'm not a witch!!!"

Her parents were in the front.

Her mother was crying into her father's chest while her older brother was looking away.

Natalie was walking in the woods, she had met a chipmunk, and started talking to it.

Someone had saw her talking to it.

Which led them to think that she had magical powers.

Which led them to think that she was a:

Witch.

But the poor girl wasn't, she was just talking to the chipmunk for fun. She knew it couldn't talk back to her.

"Natalie Rosemary Jones, charged with practicing witchcraft." The man speaking turned to her family, "Does the family have something to say?"

"All this time," her mother cried, "I cared for you, I loved you, I raised you." she shook her head, "Only to find out that your a witch!!!!!!" she fell on her knees in tears, "Your not my daughter!!!"

Natalie's father comfort her, "Your not, our daughter."

Natalie started crying more, "Mommy, Daddy!! I'm not a witch!!"

"Shut up!!!!" Johnathan yelled at her, he shook his head at her, "I hope you burn in Hell."

The man who had been speaking, gave torches to the family.

Natalie locked eyes with Alfred.

She was terrified.

"Wait!!!' Alfred yelled, "She's not a witch!!"

"Yes she is Alfred." Teresa said to him.

"No she's not!!"

The man who was speaking and announcing, walked towards Alfred, "The only way this boy is supporting that witch, is because he's a witch too!!!!"

Countries, mostly the older ones, got scared for Alfred again.

His siblings all gasped, "Alfie, were you burned?" Maria asked scared.

He shook his head, "They threw me into the ocean."

"I'm not a witch!!!" he yelled as the man grabbed him and started dragging him to the stand.

"Wait!!!" Somebody yelled, "Don't put both witches next to each other. They might come up with a spell and kill us all!!!"

People started to agree.

The man nodded and motioned for people to follow him, he started dragging Alfred somewhere.

The memory changed.

They were at a cliff, the ocean was beneath it.

The man faced the crowd, "If this boy is not a witch then he won't drown. If he is then he will drown.

"I'm not a witch!!!" Alfred struggled.

"Prove it than," He pushed Alfred into the rough water.

England covered his eyes.

America could already swim well so he could swim back, no problem.

But there were huge waves witch made it tough.

The boy swam as fast as he could, he pushed against the rough waters.

He had to get to Natalie, he knew she wasn't a witch.

He had went up against the paranormal and other things that go bump in the night, he hadn't gone up against a witch though. But he knew.

He just knew that Natalia wasn't a witch.

Her own family was gonna burn her.

He finally got back onto shore

"The boy's not a witch!!" People yelled.

America started to run back.

He didn't realize that the charm fell out of his pocket.

The memory changed.

He ran back to see the flames at Natalie's legs. The girl was screaming.

France turned away.

This brought back too many memories

People were cheering.

Her own family was cheering.

"Please!! I'm not a witch!!" She begged in pain.

"Stop!!" Alfred yelled but people were cheering so loud no one heard it.

Natalie and Alfred locked eyes again.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly as tears started to fall.

She gave him a pained smile before the flames completely covered her.

"The witch is dead!!!" People cheered.

America's tears picked up.

Countries looked at Alfred sadly.

He had tears running down his face.

"Al," Canada said, "You okay?"

"She was a good person Mattie," he cried, "She was a best friend and like a sister. She called me a hero, she was the first person to believe in me. And I couldn't save her."

Canada put his arm around his brother. He didn't know what to say.

England was looking down.

He was grateful that America hadn't been burned, what was he thinking sending a 9 year old back to his country and leaving him like that?

America was about to take out the charm from his pocket but noticed that it wasn't there.

He checked his other pocket, it wasn't there.

"No, no, no," he panicked, "The beach." He ran back to the beach.

As he did, he looked back and took one last look at his now burned and dead friend.

He wiped the tears, looked away, and continue to run back to the beach.

The memory changed.

America looked and looked for the charm everywhere.

He couldn't find it.

He sat on a rock, put his head in his hands, and let the tears fall, "It's gone," he said sadly.

"Here you go Alfie,"

America turned to his right to see and hand giving him the charm he looked up at the person.

"Natalie?"

Countries' eyes widen.

Yep, it was her.

She sadly nodded.

She was glowing and blue.

She was a spirit.

He took the charm from her and she sat down next to him, "I'm sorry I couldn't help or save you like a hero should."

"Don't feel bad, you tried." She said before sighing and looking down, "Mommy and Daddy even Johnny, they didn't believe me. I'm not a witch, I never was."

"I know," Alfred said sadly.

All of a sudden a light started shining down on her.

She turned to him and smiled, "I have to go."

America's eyes widen, "No!! Don't go!! Please!!"

"It's my time."

America froze.

He knew that line, his mother said it to him, his older brothers and sisters said it to him. And now she was saying it to him.

He knew, that when somebody said it was their time.

It was their time.

He sadly nodded.

She smiled gave him a hug, "You were like a brother to me. Don't forget me okay?"

"I never could."

She kissed him on the cheek and gave him one last smile before floating up to the light, "I'll try to visit you."

"I can't wait." America smiled.

"Your gonna show the world one day, I know you will."

"I don't know,"

"You will, I know it. Promise me you'll be a hero." She gave a soft smile, "Bye Alfie." She waved

Tears started to form, "Bye Natalie." He waved.

She soon disappeared into the light.

America couldn't help but smile even wider.

She was at peace.

"I'll be a hero, and save all the Natalies of the world. I promise." He said looking up at the starry sky and holding the charm tightly.

Countries smiled.

That was beautiful.

"That's why you call yourself a hero," China said.

America smiled and nodded.

The memory changed.

America was in his backyard.

He was carving into a stone. He placed it into the ground.

It was a gravestone, it had Natalie's name on it.

America used his earth magic and made some flowers grow.

There were a lot of beautiful flowers. Most of them were roses, red ones.

Natalie's favorite flower and color.

Ayiana came and landed on his shoulder.

The garden looked very beautiful.

"That's the garden down in Virginia." Maria said.

America nodded.

It was a garden dedicated to Natalie. It was in a greenhouse though to preserve it during winter.

"But we never seen the gravestone." Brazil said getting nods from his siblings and other cousins.

"It's hidden really well."

America picked some rose petals and put them on the ground.

He used his wind magic and made them fly up to the sky.

He smiled and looked up at the sky too.
"You always loved red roses," he said.

He watched as the rose continued to fly up to the sky, he wanted it to go to heaven so Natalie enjoy them.

"Rest in peace, Natalie Rosemary Jones!!" He yelled as tears came down, "You will never be forgotten!!" He held the charm up to the sky, "I promise!!!!"

Countries smiled.

America did too. He took the charm everywhere with him.

He looked at Ayiana, "Ayiana, our last names aren't Kirkland anymore.

The bird tilted her head at him, as if saying 'what is it now?'

"It's Jones."

A few countries awwed at that.

Ayiana flew off his shoulder and flew up to the sky and flew around the still rising rose petals as if she was saying 'I like it'

All of a sudden a huge breeze of wind came and blew some rose petals around America.

He laughed and spun around as they flew around them before flying up to the sky.

It was as if Natalie was saying thank you.

Ayiana came back and landed on his shoulder.

America had a feeling it was her,"Rest in peace!!" He smiled and yelled again at the rose petals that were joining the ones he had made fly up.

One came down and landed on his head.

He took it and held it and the charm to his heart.

"Rest in peace." he said quietly, looking up at the sky and and smiling one last time before walking into the house.

He pressed the rose petal down in a book to preserve it.

"That's the rose petal you have framed up," Maria and Diego said at the same time.

America smiled and nodded.

"That was very sweet of you Alfred,  to change your last name in honor of her," England said smiling at the memory.

"Yes America-san," Japan nodded.

Other countries even his enemies, who were beginning to like him, nodded.

As he watched the memory faded, he couldn't help but smile.

He reached into his pocket and held the charm tightly.

"Rest in peace," he said quietly.

"Rest in peace Natalie Rosemary Jones."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think next chap will be a Timeskip to when America is 13 and explores his country and finds the 13 colonies.

I might have the Boston Massacre in that too, who knows?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 2.6K 52
After WW2 Germany is seen as a monster. Because of him, Prussia was dissolved and is forced to live with Russia. Because of him, millions died and ma...
518 43 14
{STORY DISCONTINUED and I'm probably never gonna finish it whoops} The world is ending, obviously. America never really paid attention to the news, o...
45.5K 854 24
Amelia misses the days when she was actually loved. Her parents England ,France and Spain probably hate her. The only ones who probably loves her ar...
237K 8K 83
Many things fall. Such as heros. All heros eventually fall. Some because of a villian. But America? No, this hero was falling to something else. Som...