Darling

By demetria_ehxox

"How long?" Freddy stepped up. Everyone else was distraught. "Looking at the results, a couple of months. Thr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The tale
Chapter 2 - The manor
Chapter 3 - You only live once
Chapter 4 - This is just a dream
Chapter 5 - Frederick and Elizabeth
Chapter 6 - Will they hit me?
Chapter 7 - I will have a date
Chapter 8 - The Dance
Chapter 9 - What attacked you?
Chapter 10 - They are
Chapter 11 - What does it mean?
Chapter 12 - My world stopped
Chapter 13- My world turned on its axis
Chapter 14 - Calming me
Chapter 15 - What's so good about being a vampire?
Chapter 16 - My decision
Chapter 17 - Daddy's little girl
Chapter 18 - Saving all my energy
Chapter 19 - You?
Chapter 20 - Full of hunger and need
Chapter 21 - You may kiss
Chapter 22 - Please don't leave
Chapter 23 - The fire that burns
Chapter 25 - Will Count Dracula join?
Chapter 26 - The same year
Chapter 27- I give it to you
Epilogue
Writers comment
sequel! - Angel

Chapter 24 - The viking

2.2K 58 5
By demetria_ehxox

“Please. I just need to see them. Just a peek through the window?” Carlisle looked doubtful at me. “Please. I beg you. You will be with me, I won’t go in.” He looked into my wide eyes and reluctantly nodded. I jumped up and down, before throwing myself at him.

He laughed, but caught me. “Come on baby. Be good.” I nodded, and we left the spot in the woods we were in. My hand in his.

“Have you seen my family since?” He sighed, “Yeah. Baby, they are not doing too well. The funeral was tough.” I nodded in understanding. My chest ached for them. My family. “Did you go to my funeral?”

“Of course I did, I’m your grieving husband.” A laugh came through my nose. “Did you play the part well?” I looked at him, and his smirk dropped. As did our walk.

Carlisle stopped, is eyes looking at our joined hands. “What is it?” I stepped closer, till our bodies were flush. “Baby, I was scared. I didn't think the exchange worked. Your body wasn’t moving, and your heart practically wasn’t beating. For that day of your funeral, I thought I lost you.” His arms came around me and hauled me to him. He held me tighter. To reassure himself that I was still here? I wasn’t sure.

“It’s okay, I’m here.” He nodded against my neck, before snuggling against me. “I know, I am so happy you are still with me. I don’t know what I would do if you didn't wake up.” I felt his anger, as well as heartache through our bond.

He thought I died, he couldn’t hear my heartbeat when he got to the coffin, he thought I should have been awake by then. As soon as the heart stops, the vampire awakes. I didn't. I saw the image of him panicking. Frederick, Tate and Carlisle all desperately tried to dig at my grave, still hearing no movement from my casket.

When he saw my cold, unmoving body he thought the worst. That’s when I began to wake up.

“I’m here, I am not leaving. I promise.” Carlisle nodded and sighed. Pulling away he gave me a reassuring smile, then we were off again. His arm was around my shoulders, and my arm around his waist. Being so close to him, felt amazing. I could feel him relax, physically and mentally beside me.

“I cannot lose you Elora, you really do meant the world to me.” My head leant against him, “You won’t. You mean the world to me to Carlisle. You really do.” He kissed the top of my head.

The night was pitch black, but with my improved eyes I could see everything. I wasn’t afraid of what lurked in the shadows, I am a vampire. We are not afraid.

We reached a path I was all too familiar with. It was the one I took from my house to his, on the days I would see the old collapsing house. If I never found him I would be dead by now.

“I guess I have to thank Freddy and Jack.” Carlisle looked down at me, confused. “Freddy hired Jack to convince me to find you. Whether I found you or not I would have been diagnosed with cancer. I would off died.” He nodded and held me tighter to him. “I never thought of that.” I laughed lightly.

How weird things can change. Whether or not you meet someone, it will happen because it needs to.

“How do you feel? Hunger wise? I don’t want you going on a killing spree?” He laughed darkly. Opening my nostrils, I smelt the humans. I felt…nothing. “Nothing. I’m full. Humans don’t smell all too good.” I lifted my nose to the air, to test it once more.

Carlisle stopped and looked at me. “Are you sure?” I took in a deep breath through my nose and nodded. He did the same, his eyebrows furrowed. “The only thing that smells good is you. I guess the legends are true.” One of my eyebrows rose.

A smirk traced his lips, and he stepped closer to hug me. “Even when I’ve been with other ‘soul mates’ I guess, I still craved human blood. With you, humans don’t smell that good. I only want you.” I smiled and would off blushed if I could.

“Well, well done me.” I smiled at him. He barked in laughter before kissing me. Smiling against his lips, I kissed him back. Craving more of the kiss, he pulled back. “Hey!” He gave me a cheeky grin. “When we get home Mrs Grayson.” I smiled at my name, then he pulled me behind him as we carried on walking.

We were at the back of the houses. Walking by the fences. “I came down here the first time I had to meet you. I needed to see you, I wanted to feel your presence, so I hid down the back so no one could see me. I didn't realise how bad I looked till you ran from me and I saw myself in the mirror. I am terribly sorry about that by the way.” I smiled at the old memory. I was so afraid of him, you could hardly blame me.

“I came back later in the night, after feeding. I climbed through the window and watched you sleep.” I turned to look at him. “You did?” He nodded. “I always like to watch you sleep. The reassurance of your heart beat, the way you moved while you were in deep sleep. When I thought you were having a bad dream, I would knock something over and hid to wake you up so you could fall asleep again. Thinking off something else.” That’s why things moved…I shook my head. “That’s crazy.”

He looked at me. “No, that’s love. It makes us do crazy things.” I bit my lip to try and control my smile.

Some houses had fences, others didn't. My old house was a low white picket fence. Every light in the house was on, including my own. My breathing spiked in fear. Could I do this? Could I see them grieving over their dead daughter who is standing outside the window?

“Baby, you don’t have to do this. It will be hard. We will leave soon.” I turned to face him. “How soon?” “A week maybe. I have been looking for properties elsewhere. Is there anywhere you would like to go?” I shrugged and turned back to the old house.

Carlisle stood behind me, his arms snaked around my waist and he leant his head on my shoulder. “No places you’ve wanted to go.” I laughed.

“There are many places. The entire of America, California especially. Paris, the Eiffel Tower of course. Rome, Italy… Oh, I want to learn to ski! An old lodge somewhere in the snow. Australia is beautiful! And their accents, oh my.  So many places.” Carlisle laughed, his musical laugh in my ear.

“We will travel the world baby, that is a promise. I heard Aspen is nice in Colorado. We could get a place to live there, me and you. Learn to ski, keep each company.” He nuzzled my neck and I giggled. “Yeah.”

“Yeah? Then we can do some travelling. I haven’t seen the new world yet. It is an experience to me, like it is too you. I do like the idea of hiding is Aspen though. Me, you, in a lodge. By ourselves, ai?” I laughed at him. “Such a naughty boy.”

“Hey! I’m married, I’m aloud.” “Oh yeah?” He nodded against my neck, and I knew he was right. “Then we go to the hotter places when they get colder, the sun is hot. I would like to take you to France. The pictures are beautiful. Got to love Google. Hmm, then just travel. But we are going to Australia in many years. I’m not having you running away with some Australian accented guy, oh no. I will show you how amazing I can be.” I love the idea of talking about our future.

“I will never leave you baby.” I knew he knew I meant it. A light was turned off in the house, and it sparked my amusement. I was beginning to forget where I was, I hope that wasn’t his plan.

I decided to test out my speed. Running from him, my feet pounded the floor but all I could feel is the wind in my air as I fought the wind.  Stopping in the bushes, right next to the house, I giggled as Carlisle sat beside me.

His eyes narrowed. “I’m faster.” I sung like a child and stuck my tongue out at him. “We will have to see about that.” His arms grabbed me, and pulled me to him. I laughed.

“I love you laughter. It is the best sound in the world.” I giggled lightly in response. His eyes were so bright, so electric. That reminded me, “what colour are my eyes?” He smirked, but tried to hide it. He can’t get anything past me anymore. “Red.” My red eyes widened. I have red eyes? He nodded.

“How long will they stay red?” I was panicking. No one can see me with red eyes! “Relax.” His hand lifted to stroke my cheek. With the contact, I instantly relaxed. “A month or two maybe. Your body is full of your human blood still. It uses it. But the fact you drink from my blood only, they should change colour quicker. You only get red eyes when you get really hungry, or are drinking.” I nodded and stored the new pieces of information.

“We can see them another day?” “No, I need to get this over and done with.” Ali was at mine, she was with Colby in the front room. They were watching the fireplace. They both were cuddled up, tear stained faces. “Has Tate told Colby anything?”

“No, not yet. They are going to have a normal relationship, then tell her. You may see her again in a couple of months.” I nodded. A couple of months? “What does Ali know?”

“Nothing. She came to me before the funeral, begging me to tell her I changed you in time. But I wasn’t sure if it worked. She knows that part. Not that you’ve woken up.”

“Don’t.” I hated to say it, but I had to. “What? Why?” I turned to face him. “Ali is still in school. With Jack, and everything is going okay. If I tell her that I am alive still, she will be ecstatic. Then to tell her we are leaving? She would want to come with us. She will never finish high school, and will try and find me. Maybe one day I will come and see her again, but right now I think we should see how she takes my death.” He nodded and gave me a small smile. I turned back to the house.

Turning on my senses I could hear my father making tea in the kitchen. “He hasn’t said much. Your father that is. He made a speech at your funeral, about how beautiful you are, how strong, how caring. He thinks the world of you. That’s the only time I’ve heard him talk since the news of your death.” He made a speech?

“Your mother hasn’t left her bed much. She’s been, er…” “Tell me.” “Okay. She’s had some suicidal thoughts.” My chest was hit by a ton of bricks and tears poured from my eyes as sobs escaped my lips. Carlisle pulled me to his chest and I tried to control the crying but it got worse.

“It will be okay. Colby is seeking help for her. This was bound to happen, they will be okay. They all will.” I nodded my head and pulled away from him. His top was stained in red. What the? Lifting my hand, I wiped my wet cheek and blood was on my hands. “What is going on?”

“Your body is just blood. You don’t have the water that help make the tears, you just have blood. When you come to eat and drink like a human, water gets stored and then you can cry normally.” I nodded and tried to wipe the blood from my face.

“Can we come back another time?” He nodded.

We left my house, and were on our way to his. Hiding in the woods so no one could see us. Finally reaching his, I felt emotionally exhausted. The sun would rise any minute. Wait. “I don’t have a necklace like yours? Won’t I burn in the sun?” He smiled lightly. “While you were sleeping, I called in an old favour. A witch owed me a favour, and passed it through generations for them to help me. Here.” He handed me a box. “I didn't know what you wanted, so I did two things.” Now I was intrigued.

Inside the box laid a necklace and a ring. The necklace was my mothers, a simple silver chain, with a diamond tear drop hanging down. “It meant a lot to you. You wore it always so I thought you would want it.” I smiled at him. He is so thoughtful.

Dropping the necklace into the small black box, I picked up the ring. “It’s a witches ring. It’s a moonstone. Meaning ‘It balances yin and yang. Enhances the inner feminine, and acceptance for yin attributes.’” The ring was beautiful. A small moonstone was in the middle, held by a ring of silver. Small dots of silver were dotted around the gem making it beautiful. The ring was silver.

“You can wear it always. A gift for you.” I smiled at him, and slid the ring on my middle finger as Carlisle hung the diamond around my neck.

“There’s something else I want to show you.” I was confused but followed. “Close your eyes, it will be a surprise kind of.” Nodding, I shut my eyes and let him guide me. We stopped, then Carlisle stood behind me and whispered in my ear. “Open your eyes.”

Doing so, I was confused. We were in a full length mirror. What’s the? Oh. Wait. What I look like is the surprise.

I was right, I am taller. My body fuller, not caved in and arched. My skin was so pale, I really did die. My hair was longer and thicker, as were my lashes. Each feature on my face was defined to perfection. The scar I held on my bottom lip, from putting my tooth through it as a child wasn’t there anymore. So many things were erased and replaced by beauty. “Is that?”

“Yes Baby. You are so perfect.” For the first time, I felt it. The only problem was my shocking red eyes. They will fade with time, I smiled at my appearance. My lips had a natural pink, red colouring instead of being pale. I loved my appearance, not being vain; but I did.

Looking at Carlisle and myself in the mirror, we were perfect. Both perfect, defined and made to be perfect. I actually felt good enough for him. We were equals. I wasn’t the frail human who was dying from her insides, I was new. Reborn. Given a second chance. I wasn’t going to waste it.

Grabbing Carlisle’s wrist, I hauled him behind me “What are you doing Mrs Grayson?” I halted and stared at him. “The entire evening, you’ve told me to wait till we are home. I believe this is home, and I don’t want to wait.” Leaning into him, I kissed his lips.

The electricity was pulsing between us, a never ending fire. The blaze was perfect, a fire I wouldn’t mind dying in.

Carlisle, lifted me up and slammed me against the wall. His kisses fierce, he wasn’t holding back. I loved it. His hands trailed up my legs, lifting my wedding dress at the same time.

“Well, as much as I would love to watch you guys have sex. Which I would, I wouldn’t even mind joining in, but I have been waiting a long time for you.” Carlisle froze, as did I. Turning my head, there was standing a god. Literally. Carlisle was my type, this guy was blonde. Not really my type.

He was standing at a high six foot five, possibly higher he reminded me off someone you saw in films as a Viking. He was dressed in an all-black suit, his arms crossed. A look of amusement played on his face.  

Carlisle set me back down to the floor, never tearing his gaze from the giant. He stood in front of me, and put his arms out in a protecting manner.

Then he murmured that name. “Peter.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 355 30
Everyone has their battles. Preston was diagnosed with cancer, leukemia, at 17 years old and 7 years later he was still battling it. He's almost neve...
302K 3.3K 11
** Winner of The Watty's 2014: Collector's Dream Award ** ** This is a true story. Now FULLY edited ** I was diagnosed with Cancer a week...
Siblings By Hjc0703

Teen Fiction

559K 15.5K 54
[Completed] There's three of us. Triplets. We all have each other's backs. There's me, Maeve. The one with red eyes. People call me a murder. S...
3 0 3
Heatwave and Quickshadow are happily married. They live a very happy life together. Heatwave is a firefighter and Quickshadow is a pediatric oncologi...