Akai Ito / Red String (of Fat...

By MadelineAxelle

When the concept of red string of fate isn't as straightforward as it's supposed to be, untangling it will be... More

The Day They Meet
Hatred
Her Experiences
Alice's Visit
The Train Ride Continues
Pre-game
Home Away From Home
Jealousy
Solace
Isshiki's Farewell
Pride
Heartache
Which One?
Challenge
Lost of Purpose
Come Back to Me
Second Heartbreak is the Deepest
Hisako's Departure
The New Life
The Day They Meet (Again)
Realization
It's All Working Out (In the End)
Epilogue

Intertwined

3.8K 86 49
By MadelineAxelle

When the dark empire Erina's father created has fallen under her and friends' hands, a humongous rock is as if lifted off of her. The air feels better in her lungs, the sun shines brighter, everything feels like it's good again, and she can't describe the overwhelmingly good feeling in her chest especially since she gets her place back in the Elite Ten.

To mark this joyous and victorious moment, Polar Star dorm members (with Isshiki as the pioneer) decided to throw a celebration back in their home, which double its use as Erina's farewell party as well since she'll be moving back to Nakiri Mansion, and she's undeniably ecstatic to live with her grandfather and Alice once again.

What Erina doesn't know is each of the Polar Star member and their closest friends have prepared a little thank-you gift for her-- yes, including Fumio-san. It comes as a surprise to her that they are the ones who are thankful when it's suppose to be her to them.

"Because of Nakiri-san, all of us made it to the 2nd year," Megumi praises in the sweetest manner, "S-So please accept our little token of appreciation for your presence."

"B-But I haven't done much worthy of such kindness, Tadokoro-san!" Erina waves her hand in rejection of the exaggeration, "I-It is I who should be thankful for Polar Star, and yet I didn't prepare anything for the people here."

"Ahhh, Erina-cchi is being so modest!" Yoshino Yuki comes too sudden from her left and wraps her hand around her shoulder, "You've helped us big time, and you don't even know that. But all of us really want to give you presents, so this is from me!"

Of course, Erina is stunned. Her eyes go wide in shock and the feeling of the playful girl's arm around her is alien, but it makes her realize that she's actually a part of their friendship, and it melts her like hot fudge sauce over vanilla ice cream.

So with warmth heart, she accepts the little blue box from her hand and shift her eyes down, "Thank you, Yoshino-san."

The surrounding is a bit surreal at this point. The whole party circles her and the gift givers, and they're all waiting for their turn to hand Erina their presents and say some heartwarming words she'd never thought she'd receive as they would awe and smile for what's going on inside the circle.

Nearing the end of it, the blonde feels overwhelmed by gifts and kindness, and the goods she receives varies from cooking gadgets to personal stuffs such as a whole new series of shoujo manga given by Megumi-- again, maybe it's the one that create their bond best aside of sharing a room with her during the bootcamp for Régiment de Cuisine. But no, she's not complaining a single bit.

"...So I hope you like what I've given you, Erina-sama. I could never repay for what you have done for all of us." Hisako mutters, handing her the photo album she's made filled with their pictures as children until they beat central as a mark.

The circle of people is starting to get less crowded after each person. Those who are done just fled and get the party starts into a merrier surrounding with snacks, drinks, and Isshiki's naked apron (it's never really a party without it), which she's glad for because there is less attention for her.

"Thank you, Hisako. This is--" She looks down at the gift, trying her best to not let the emotions out and keeping her tears inside. Whatever the situation, Erina must looks composed at all times-- at least that's what she promised herself.

But instead of saying something that could get her choked up, she opens her arm for Hisako and holds her. The widened eye Hisako can only returns the hug softly and embrace her boss-- no, her best friend-- and show much she cherishes their relationship.

And when the pinkette releases the hug, Erina can't help but notices there is only one person who hasn't been around the whole time. Let alone giving her anything.

"Yukihira-kun! It's your turn now and leave the kitchen to me!" Her secretary shouts his name on her way there and she doesn't know why a relieved feeling washes over her.

"Aight! Be right there!" The familiar voice shouts back, and he doesn't immediately show up, which is good for her since she wants to use the little time to recover from all the emotions.

"Yo, Nakiri!" Yukihira Sōma's sweaty and breathless self greets her, "Sorry I was in the kitchen the whole night. Rough night for you, eh?"

"It's just surreal that these people would do such gratitude to me when I think they are the ones who've helped me, and I... I really do not deserve all these." She says as her amethyst eyes watch the crowd stacking on Marui and Daigo's intense board game of snakes and ladders.

"You're being too hard on yourself, Nakiri. You've done a lot more than we asked you to do, so just be grateful that you're now around kind people, yeah?" He assures, tapping her on the shoulder.

She still doesn't look at him and focusing her gaze on the cheerful crowd. They look free, as how it should be when on a festive, yet intimate celebration like this, and she somehow can't bring herself to be as happy and celebratory as they are.

"Y'know, it's pretty rare to see the softer side of you like this, Nakiri." Sōma states at her silence.

And when she finally turns his attention towards the redhead, it's pretty clear to her that he hasn't been paying attention to the crowd with the warmth radiating his golden eyes.

"W-What is that suppose to mean?" She asks hesitantly, secretly hoping her face doesn't turn into a fiesta of tomatoes.

"Erm... Y'know, you're almost always on the edge and act all mighty most of the time, and I've gotten used to it and all, but--"

His fingers pinch his own chin and his voice trails off. She eyes him the gesture to continue on what he's trying to say, and yet he seems to be arranging it still all in his head and letting his gaze falls under the brightness of her eyes.

Instead of a clear answer, all he says is, "I've got you something too. Close your eyes."

Her heart races uncontrollably, hoping it's not what she thinks it is, "E-Eh?! W-Why do I need to-- No!"

"I know your shoujo manga-clouded mind must be thinkin' I'm going to give you a kiss, but no. Or at least don't get your hopes up."

At his annoying cackle, her hand spats his upper arm as she howls, "Y-YOU BAKA! T-T-That is s-so inappropriate!"

"I'm joking, I'm joking!" He still laughs regarding Erina's unstoppable slaps, "Aight, for real though. I just need your arm."

"F-Fine." She stops the attack and do as he says, "I still cannot grasp in my mind why I need to close my--"

"Just don't say anything until I tell you to open your eyes." The redhead instructs, and Erina can feel him grabbing her wrist.

"And you know you don't need to give me--"

"Would you rather eat my cooking? Because I'd ditch this and cook my ass off right now if you--"

"No."

He stops saying anything after that. The black vision is her only friend, but what she feels is his hand gripping her wrist, and as expected from someone like Sōma, it's rather callous and her hand seems like it's handled haphazardly.

But she can't understand why she feels all this foreign... warm electricity when their skin touches. Like if it's always feel this nice, she doesn't mind if it takes forever for him to put on whatever this strange, thread-like thing around her wrist.

"Aight, you may open 'em now."

As the light greets her, also welcoming her is a new sight of a small, red straps circling her small wrist, and it is beautifully embellished by a paper-thin gold pendant near her vein.

She's turning her arm back and forth, admiring the little thing and questions, "What is this, Yukihira-kun?"

"Huh? Can't you see it's a red bracelet?"

"O-Of course I know, y-you blockhead! What I'm asking is w-why do you need to give me this..."

"Umm... Dunno, Alice told me to give you something."

She literally could faint at his cluelessness and insincerity, and he's pushing her over the edge for the 10th times this week, but again, when it comes to her 5-year-old cousin trapped in a teenager's body (who only gave her a bear hug, by the way), no one can really refuse her request.

"You realize you don't have to listen to her, right?" She sighs.

"Yeah, but y'know, I didn't think it was that bad of an idea. May not be as fancy or shiny as the others' gifts since I bought this from a guy at the street last minute..."

Really, Yukihira. That is too much information.

"But I guess it means somethin'. See, I got one as well." Sōma grins, showing her his right arm. Accompanying his wrist is a thicker, braided red straps-- different, but similar to hers.

"You get one for yourself as well?"

"Well... the guy gave it to me along with that, so... I guess he said this is one of those friendship bracelets type of thing?"

She stares at the round pendant on her bracelet as her fingers feel the smoothness of the red thread. Even the first time she sets her eyes on it, her mind immediately travels towards that one manga. That manga which uses red strings like these bracelets as a symbolism-- no, Erina knows all too well that this is not a friendship bracelet, but she's thankful that this guy is oblivious towards such concept.

But this... It strangely makes perfect sense.

"Wait, but we're friends, right? 'Cause it'll be super awkward if I give you this and--"

"Y-Yes." Erina nods slowly, "I guess we are."

"Good! Then you don't mind if--"

"Oiiiii! What's taking you two so long?" Alice's loud voice stops Sōma's sentence, immediately turns both attention towards the white-haired Nakiri, "Come on! We're about to start the card tournament!"

Guess Erina will never know the end of that sentence.

~

How it actually went down at the street stall.

Seller: Something for a special lady friend, I see~

Sōma: Uh... I guess?

Seller: I have just the thing, my friend~! This beautiful red bracelet for her symbolizes her beauty, delicacy, and grace of all female kind to the world! Not only that, this will immaculately decorate her slim wrist and making it look all oh-so-delicate! And you should wear this one for yourself, my old friend! Yours is a thicker, manlier version because it symbolizes strength, agility, and your power as a young, talented male! These two bracelets, although look different, they have the same red color to symbolizes the unspeakable, endless, dynamic bond between you two because it captured the spirit and harmony of red strings of fate perfectly, my friend~! Wear this for life, and you and her will be inseparable~

Sōma: So... friendship bracelet, eh?

Seller: ...Y-Yes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.2K 1.7K 11
Sara Yukihira, fraternal twin sister of Soma Yukihira and daughter of Jōichirō Yukihira, has been cooking for 12 years of her life and has love every...
59.8K 1.8K 17
A collection of SouTaku (Souma x Takumi) one shots. Hope you like it. Taking requests Ps. The chapters with⚠ in the title contain lemon.
99.1K 1.4K 12
Erina thought she moved on from Soma but what if they were to meet again? Will love bloom again? Disclaimer: Shokugeki No Souma doesn't belong to me.
125K 2.3K 31
Inspired by the Food Wars story "A Dish Worthy Of You" created by Nepgya. Enjoy.