Wabi-Sabi

By chippelina

Two persons who fell in love, accepted each other's imperfections, and ended up trying to forget about each o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 21

535 11 10
By chippelina

{Amelia Mae Andrada's POV}

"You've really done it this time Lance Ray Cortes," I grinned with my arms crossed in the middle of the rain. In the middle of the gummie bear rain. I cannot believe he really made it happen. "Ikaw na ang mayaman," I rolled my eyes. "All these gummi bears must have cost a lot."

"Yeah, it did," he paused and walked closer to me, handing me a bouquet of all my favorite chocolates. "So now bitch..will you finally say yes?" Lance asked with everyone seeing his confidence except for me. I know he's nervous. Who wouldn't be, really? But if you put on a stunt like this, everyone expects you'd just end up together. Although Lance knows it doesn't work that way with me. I do things differently. Though I didn't see this coming...how it was raining gummi bears. I wasn't even serious when I said that. 

But before this shit ends let me tell you how this idiot got this idea...

"Amelia! Will you please listen to me?" Lance begged while following me. I just got pranked by Cher and my hair is just totally a mess. It's sticky with flour and I look like a fuckin' cake. She just caused a war. "Earth to Amelia! Am I a ghost now?!" He grabbed my arm almost making me drop the box of eggs I was carrying.

"Fuck! What is your problem?!" I cussed.

"My problem is that you're not listening to me, AT ALL!"  I just rolled my eyes in response. "Pssh. Tell me that crap later! Right now we're busy. Look, there they are!" Remember the school paper I'm in? They're in this prank too! Well...I forced them to. Together with John... that sophomore chic named Hammy...Krissie or something..and our other journalists.

"I really think this is not a good idea," John said worried. "Alam niyo naman kung gaano nakakatakot si cher kapag galit diba?" There were dozens of  'yeah's heard from the group. 

"Well who's more scary?" I gave them all my death glare. "You all know the consequences if you disobey me, right?" They all gulped and stayed quiet. "Now grab a couple of eggs and when I give you the sign throw them to Cher, okay?" 

"Yes ma'am," they all replied in unison. Cher's next class was PE so we all made our way to the gym. Me, letting everyone go first. Cause like...yeah...when teacher's find out about this they won't point fingers on me first. Lance then stopped me on my tracks by blocking my way. "Oh come on dude, do we have to talk about that shit you're worried about now?!" I whined.

"Yes!" He muttered. I pushed him away but he just grabbed my arm back. "Amelia just please hear me out." I stayed quiet and gave him the chance to speak. It's not that I wanted to or that I'm being nice. I just want this to be over so we could go on and prank the hell out of that other bitch! "Would you be my...girlfriend?" Shit. Did I heard that right?

"W-Wait what?" I asked.

"Amelia...would you be my girlfriend?" He asked me once again. 

I know it wasn't the nicest thing to do when someone asks you to be his girlfriend but who ever said about being nice right? So I just laughed at his face. "That's a good one Lance," I said still chuckling with my arms on my stomach. "Do you think it's that easy to ask me to be your girlfriend? You got used of getting a girl easily. Well with me it's harder."

"W-What am I suppose to do then?" 

"Oh I don't know," I mumbled. "Wait...ask me again."

He got confused but he did ask me again. "W-Would you be my girlfriend?"

"I'll be your girlfriend only when Naruto becomes alive," and I meant never. I gave him a wink and made my way to the gym with the others. We never talked about it after that. 

Cher was busy playing volleyball when everyone went to their places and I interrupted the game, throwing an egg in front of Cher's face. "You've got to be kidding me," she said and glanced back at me. "When will these pranks stop?!"

"Until you die of embarrasment," I grinned.

"Well I'm not the one who looks like a cake right now," she smirked. "By the way you missed. Was that all you got? You'll be running out of eggs."

"Don't be so sure biatch," I glanced at Lance who was by my side letting him know that it's really going to happen. He spent almost the whole morning  trying to stop me and failed. "Hey Cher," I turned back to her. "Is it possible to rain eggs?" 

She got confused. "Rain...eggs? What do you mean?"

"Like this!" I began to throw her the eggs I was clutching onto and the others followed. She was even shocked it was our campus journalists who teamed up on her. I'm just that persuasive, you see? It turned into a massive fight after that. She began to tackle me and her PE teammates also joined in by tackling the others. In the end, the whole gym was covered with smashed eggs and we were all punsihed with 3 weeks of community service and cleaning up our own mess. But of course, why the hell would I do that right? 

Two days went by fast and they were still suffering from the punishment and I was having fun watching them. Hey it's not my fault. If they don't want to do it then they should just stop and we could just chill together. But nooo, they just had to be nice and accept their punishment. Such pussies. I went back inside the building because I was sick of all their whining and I got bored of watching them suffer. I want to make new problems in people's lives. I was just in time for lunch when I reached the cafeteria so I just went straight to get my food and sat on my usual sit with Emily. After how many minutes she sat in front of me. "Hey," she greeted.

"Hey," I said while drinking my soda. 

"Have you seen Lance today?" She asked. Come to think of it, he wasn't there while the others were doing community service. What happened to that loser?

"Umm...no," I muttered. 

"Really? Then you should," Emily said. "You wouldn't believe what he just did for you! As in seryoso, wala siyang pakialam na pinagtawanan siya ng mga tao at kahit na pinagalitan na siya ng mga teachers. Some girls even found it sweet and they're jealous of you. Ang haba ng hair mo Amelia." She laughed and continued eating her lunch.

"What do you mean?" Tanong ko na nalilito. "Wala naman akong pinagawa sa kanya ah."

"Well apparently, he took what you said seriously and--" Emily was cut off by the noise of screaming girls. We glanced to the cafeteria's entrance where lots of fangirls were crowding over someone and taking pictures of them. "There he is now." 

I scanned the crowd from afar and there I saw Naruto. I turned back to Emily surprised. "Shit. Did Lance just cosplay Naruto?!"

"Yes. Yes he did."

 Oh God. Is he fuckin' serious? But I feel kind of flattered he did this for me. I'm impressed. He really is serious of getting me as her girlfriend. I feel sorry for him. Oh wait, scratch that. Let's see how far he'll go with this crap. "Hey Amelia," he sat beside me and gave me a rose. 

"Oh hi Lance," I grinned. 

"I'm sorry Amelia but as you can see, I'm not Lance," he gestured to his whole look. "I'm Naruto."

"Really?" I smirked. "I can't believe you're doing this." And to put him to the test, I let him act. And he did. Everyone also came closer to watch and took videos of him. He beat the hell out of people with a fake rasengan which actually hurt and a lot of guys are angry at him now. He even did a clone jutsu which failed and pretended to summon that weird frog thing. It was pretty hilarious. "Lance said to give this to you," Naruto handed me paper which read: will you be my girlfriend?

I looked at him with a poker face. "Why? Is he scared to ask me this personally?"

"What?! No! But you sa--"

"Paki sabi nalang sa kanya Naruto na sasagutin ko lang siya kapag magkakaroon tayo ng snow dito." And just like that I left. With every one of them saying "burn" in the background. This is kind of fun. I should do this more often.

I woke up that day thinking he probably gave up already. After all, you can't just make it snow. He must've thought that I was being super mean and I don't deserve to be his grilfriend and shit. Fine with me. I don't need to be his girlfriend in order to hang out with him and I'm pretty sure no other girl can go near him when I'm around. I came to school not with our school uniform on but with a mini-dress on and that people, that might be my biggest mistake ever. 

When I went inside everything was covered with ice. I'm not kdding you. There's crush ice everywhere. My doll shoes were even getting wet and I was feeling cold. Very cold. Everyone enjoyed this crap though. Some were throwing snowballs and some were just strolling around.  Lance must've told them to bring jackets cause they were wearing one! How dare he not tell me about this?! 

I went straight to our classroom and found out that it was 5 times colder than outside. Halos puti na lahat ng nakikita ko. Nakita ko namang nakaupo si Lance sa lamesa niya. Tumingin siya sa akin na nakangiti. "Just how rich are you dude?!" I asked. 

"I'm not rich. My parents are," he stood up and wrapped a jacket over me making me feel warm. "And this has nothing to do with money. I just made a deal with the store owner. You don't know how hard it was to make snow." I rolled my eyes at him. He made me sit down and gave me a cup of hot chocolate. "Here it goes Amelia. I'm asking you again," he exhaled. "Will you be the peanut butter to my jelly?" He even tried to look cute after he said that. But I just ended up laughing at him.

"First of all Lance, hindi ako peanut butter," I giggled. "And second, when will you understand my answer? And third...you do know everything I told you were idioms right? Surely, you can't be that dumb."

He just smiled at me again ang ran his fingers through his hair. "Okay sorry, that was a wrong choice of words," he mumbled. "I'm not dumb and I understand your answer. I just don't take no for an answer." Naghiyawan ang iba naming mga kaklase at sinasabihan akong sagutin na si Lance. And who are they to tell me what to do?

"Fine. Do what you want," I said while getting up and walking towards the door to leave. "Just know that you won't get the answer that you want easily. Impress me." I was about to open the door when he stopped me with his question. 

"Impress you like what?" 

"Oh I dunno! Kill yourself and then resurrect? Fly? Bring the dead back to life? Make it rain candies! Why do I have to give you the ideas?" I said irritated. "Do what you want~" After that I left the room. Hey, I might as well enjoy this snow before he gets in trouble ;)

It's been 3 days since Lance made it snow and he did nothing yet. NOW he's given up. But I was just enjoying everything. The principal probablly hates him now or he might even get suspended or something. I really hope not. Who's going to clean the mess I will make?

The day ended quickly and now it's finally time to go home. I made my way outside and saw a gummi bear on the ground. Oh my God! The nerve of that person waisting a precious gift from our God! How can he or she do this to one poor gummi bear?! I'm really ticked off. Then I was startled when gummi bears started falling from the sky. "Woah. What's happening?" I muttered and looked up. And there from the top of the building, students were throwing them making it look like it's raining my favorite candy. 

"Look Amelia," Lance was already standing infront of me with his hands at his back. "I made it rain gummi bears." 

"You've really done it this time Lance Ray Cortes," I grinned with my arms crossed in the middle of the rain. In the middle of the gummie bear rain. Students started crowding all around us. Watching another romantic scene Lance just made yet again. "Ikaw na ang mayaman," I said. "All these gummi bears must have cost a lot."

"Yeah, it did," he paused and walked closer to me, handing me a bouquet of all my favorite chocolates. "So now bitch..will you finally say yes?" Everyone went silent, waiting for the answer they were dying to hear. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I walked towards him and smirked. "Anong klaseng sagot yan?"

That made me raise an eyebrow. "That means yes."

That caught him off gurad. "Wait what?"

"Hey, you're not making me say that again," I rolled my eyes. Biglang naghiyawan ang lahat. They were cheering and teasing us together. He reached to embrace me and I let him as he whispered, "I love you so much."

"One more thing," I whispered with a sly smile. "Just because we're together now...doesn't mean I'm going to say it."

I heard him chuckle in response. "You just make me love you more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8M 2.2M 172
Ever since Sari's sister married the seemingly perfect man, she had dreamt of her own happily ever after. Gusto niya rin ng gwapo, mayaman, at gwapo...
2.8M 53.3K 31
Si crush ang gusto ko pero girlfriend niya ang nakuha ko. She's a monster. A beautiful monster, my own Monteclaro. NOTE: THIS STORY IS ALREADY COMPLE...
286K 20K 90
["PLAY THE KING" IS ACT TWO OF THE "PLAY" SERIES. PLEASE READ "PLAY THE QUEEN" FIRST.] It's been four months since Priam Torres, the once unpopular p...
5.9M 274K 72
In the near dystopian future where the population has blown up, women and the poor are more oppressed, and those with positions who abuse their power...