Darling

By demetria_ehxox

"How long?" Freddy stepped up. Everyone else was distraught. "Looking at the results, a couple of months. Thr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The tale
Chapter 2 - The manor
Chapter 3 - You only live once
Chapter 4 - This is just a dream
Chapter 5 - Frederick and Elizabeth
Chapter 6 - Will they hit me?
Chapter 7 - I will have a date
Chapter 8 - The Dance
Chapter 9 - What attacked you?
Chapter 10 - They are
Chapter 11 - What does it mean?
Chapter 12 - My world stopped
Chapter 13- My world turned on its axis
Chapter 14 - Calming me
Chapter 15 - What's so good about being a vampire?
Chapter 16 - My decision
Chapter 17 - Daddy's little girl
Chapter 18 - Saving all my energy
Chapter 19 - You?
Chapter 20 - Full of hunger and need
Chapter 21 - You may kiss
Chapter 23 - The fire that burns
Chapter 24 - The viking
Chapter 25 - Will Count Dracula join?
Chapter 26 - The same year
Chapter 27- I give it to you
Epilogue
Writers comment
sequel! - Angel

Chapter 22 - Please don't leave

2K 60 7
By demetria_ehxox

“Baby? Please come back to me.” Carlisle’s voice was sent spinning around my head. I was lying down, on something comfy. I had that feeling like a lot of people were staring at me. Opening my eyes, I realised I was right.

I was in Carlisle’s room, in his elegant, grand four poster bed. How did I get here? Lying on top of the duvet, in my wedding dress was not how I envisioned my day.

“I’ve given you more morphine than usual. Doctor Glaze has gone to his car to get the medical equipment to find out what’s going on. Don’t leave me. Oh god, please don’t leave me.” Carlisle’s eyes glossed over in unshed tears, he leant his head on my chest and his arms came around me.

Mum, dad, Ali, Colby and Frederick excused themselves so we were alone. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn't realise you were hurting. I was just-” “Don’t worry. There is nothing anyone could off done. You would of made me sit down and the papers would never of been signed.”

He sighed before lifting his head up to gaze at me. His hair was messy and not slicked back like it was. It was all messy like he has been running his hands through it. That’s my job.

Lifting my hand, I stroked his face lightly. I felt so weak, I knew this was it. “I’m going to die aren’t I?” His eyes softened. “I think it’s time; yes. Don’t worry, I will save you my love. I promise you.” Carlisle leant forward and kissed my forehead.

Just at that moment Doctor Glaze entered, carrying a large, brown leather bag. He walked closer, till he stood at the bed then he smiled politely. “Erm, I’m going to need to feel your stomach and everything in that area, so I will leave you two for a couple of minutes to change?” I nodded and he left once more.

Time to get out of my wedding dress… “We can bury you in it if you like?” Carlisle asked as he watched me touch the flowers on the waist part of my dress. I nodded, I didn't like the idea of the funeral anymore.

“Do I have to be buried? I can’t wake up in a coffin, I just can’t.” Carlisle sighed, “We will figure it out baby.” He helped me up, and I pushed away he numbing pain. He helped me into some pink and white polka dot pyjama’s, before I was able to lie back in bed.

Relaxing on the bottom sheet, the duvet was pushed away, Carlisle fetched Doctor Glaze and I was worried about the verdict.

After examining my stomach, temperature, back and sides the pain started once more. “It is your liver failing. The cancer has spread to far. I’m sorry. I’m going to prescribe some more medication which helps ease the pain, but there is nothing we can do. We can take you to a hospital or hospice but-” “I’m going to stay here. Thank you Doctor. For everything.”

He smiled, and looked like he was trying to hold back tears. He began writing things on the prescription pad and ripped them off to hand to Carlisle. They were talking about the medication and how bad I will get, but I was tuned out. Looking at my stomach, I lifted my top up once more. My skin was a horrible yellow colour, and patchy in some places.

My stomach was caved in, but you could see the cancer. It bulged out of my stomach, my liver was smaller than it once looked. This is ridiculous. Pulling my top down, I looked around the room.

Finally Doctor Glaze left, I only had a couple of days left. How great is that?

“Baby?” Carlisle sat beside me, and I just stared at him. What do I say? “Say something? Please.” I looked down at my tangled fingers. “It will be okay. I will make sure you are not in pain, if there’s anything I can do let me know. Please.”

I looked up at him once more. “Where’s all the guests?” He rubbed his forehead. “They’ve gone home.” I nodded. “Help me up.” He was confused but complied.

“I want to put on my dress.” Carlisle nodded and helped me into my beautiful gown. IT was actually really comfy. Sliding my feet into some fluffy slippers and grabbing my silk dressing gown, I headed down stairs, Carlisle in pursuit.

Entering the kitchen, everyone was here. Family wise anyway. I smiled, and Carlisle put his arm around me waist to hold up my weak body. “So, everyone’s left?” They nodded. Mum was a wreck, my entire family were actually. Ali had been crying but was keeping it together.

“Well, erm. I guess I should tell you. My liver is failing, so I don’t have long left. Not long at all.” I gave a small smile and fought the urge to cry. My family will not see me weak. Mum let out a strangled sob and dad comforted her.

Looking anywhere but the people in the room, I noticed everything around me. The kitchen was full of unopened champagne, spirits and wines, as well as snack foods. On top of the island a large six story cake stood. It was square with no gaps. All of it was pink, and the cake was made to look like a castle. It was beautiful. Princess and the prince.

I didn't want my last days spent mopping around, not when all this is here. “Well. I am feeling fine. My liver is dying, so who fancies a drink?” I lifted a bottle of champagne and everyone smiled. Ali and Colby laughed. “I also want some cake. It looks so good. Who needs main meals when we can eat nothing but cake?” Everyone laughed at how upbeat I am and we all moved around the kitchen.

Drinks were opened, cling-film removed from trays of finger food, music played from the stereo, and of course it was time to cut the cake. Mum, Freddy and Ali all had the camera’s and everyone moved away from Carlisle and I. I removed the dress gown and we stood by the cake.

His arm was curled around my waist, and his other hand held mine which held the long knife. He kissed my head, and we sliced through the bottom part of the cake. Smiling and giggling, photos were snapped. Turning my head, Carlisle stared down at me. His lips were on mine, creating the usual static shocks. My heart pounded, but before the kiss deepened, my dad cleared his throat. Pulling away we laughed. Good old dad.

Ali put on the top charts, and we got underway in drinking. The champagne was devine, but wasn’t what I’ve been craving for months. Sticking to old scotch and whiskey, Colby was already gone. I was having a lot of fun.

The alcohol numbed out the pain when it started. Mum was drunk as well, dad was nearly there, Ali was on the floor and Elizabeth was downing shots. Can vampires get drunk? “Yes we can. Don’t speak to loudly.” Turning Freddy stood there.

“Oops,” I hiccupped painfully and laughed. “Sorry, didn't realise I was talking out loud.” He nodded and smiled. “Yes we can get drunk, it takes a lot of alcohol and doesn’t last that long, but we can.” I nodded and looked over at Elizabeth. I felt so sorry for her.

“What will happen? With my sister?” I looked at Colby who was drinking cranberry and vodka and dancing with Ali. “What do you mean?”

“If you are her soul mate, but you are with Elizabeth, what will happen to her? Will she find love?” I was looking at Freddy once more. “In all honesty? I don’t believe your sister is my soul mate.” My mouth popped open. “W-what do you mean? I thought you were?”

He was gazing at Colby. “I feel something for her; yes. She does for me. But when we kissed, it wasn’t, hmm it wasn’t supposed to be. I’ve been talking to Carlisle about it. We have a theory, about her soul mate.” “Which is?”

“Him.” He nodded as a young man walked through the door. He was eighteen maybe, but looked like a vampire so possibly older. The similarities, oh my god. It’s Elizabeth and Frederick’s sun. The young man spotted Freddy and came over to us. I was too shocked to move. He was fairly tall with copper brown hair.  A defined jaw, with extremely pale skin.

“Tate, glad you could make it.” They hugged and Freddy clapped his son on the back in a friendly manner. “Of course. You must be the bride. Elora?” I nodded, still freaked out. He kissed the back of my hand and I snapped back into reality.

“You can call me Baby.” I smiled at him. Turning my head, I saw Colby staring at him. She made out with his dad. Ew.

Jack arrived and was dancing with Ali. He left to get pizza’s, and beer. Bless him.

“Oh erm, Tate this is as you guessed, Carlisle’s wife Elora-well, Baby. Baby, this is my son Tate.” I nodded at him and smiled. He smiled politely back. Carlisle took that opportunity to step in.

His arm came around me, and he kissed me on the forehead. I smiled warningly at him, and leant against him. Sipping my whiskey I felt awkward. “So you are Tate?” The young man nodded. “And you are the great Lord Grayson?” Carlisle laughed and nodded. “Call me Carlisle.” Tate gave a small nod in respect.

“So you are ill then?” He was talking to me once more. Carlisle growled. “Carlisle; it’s fine. Yes, I have cancer. And now liver failure so I’m going to die drunk.” I winked and took a swig of my amber liquid. “Of course I won’t let her die. She is mine, forever.” I smiled up at him.

“Well, you guys can keep chatting. I’m going to get a refill, and speak to the girls.” They said bye, and I left. Colby joined me in the kitchen. “Who is that guy?” Her eyes were wide, and I couldn’t help but laugh.

Filling the thick crystal glass, with some expensive whiskey, courtesy of Carlisle, I turned to face Colby. “That is Tate. Elizabeth’s and Frederick’s son.” Her jaw dropped and I laughed even more.

“Wow. I guess this makes everything awkward. I should probably stay away from him.” She looked uneasy. “No!” I snapped. Smooth Grayson. Carlisle’s voice came in my head and I shook him away. “I mean, if you like him; go for it.” I smiled and she smiled.

“And you are?” Turning Tate stood there, his gaze never tore from Colby. “I’m gonna go. You kids have fun!” Colby hit my arm and I laughed.

Carlisle’s words came back to me. Grayson. I’m a Grayson. Elora Grayson, Mrs Elora Grayson. I like it. “What are you smiling about?” Snapping out of my daydream, Carlisle walked towards me. His arms came around my waist. We were standing in the hallway.

Placing my drink on the side table, my arms snaked around his neck. “Oh I was just thinking about my new name.” I smiled and blushed under his gaze. “Hmm. I like it personally.” He leaned down and nuzzled my neck, whispering words in my ear. “Mrs Grayson. I like it. It proves you are mine and only mine.” His breath on my neck and his words made me shiver.

I heard his light chuckle. “Come on, let’s join the party.” Smiling, I tried to contain my red face as I took a gulp of my drink and went back into the front room, which now had none of the chairs that were here before.

The songs rolled into another, all upbeat. Every now and then an ‘Iron Maiden’, or even Bon Jovi song’s was played. Bon Jovi songs made us all sing at the top of our lungs.

The night kept going, and I was finding it hard to stay awake. “Come one baby, you need your rest.” I nodded and my head lulled on his shoulder once more.

Carlisle turned the music down. “Everyone. My wife is tired, so we shall be going to bed. You are welcome to keep partying, and welcome to stay. Thank you for your presence and reassurance today. It means a lot for both of us.” Trust Carlisle to make some posh-talking speech about me going to bed. He called me his wife. My insides jumped in glee at that part.

I said my goodnights, and my ‘I love you’ to my family and Ali then Carlisle carried me upstairs. The pain was getting worse due to my large intake of alcohol, but I was too tired to move.

He helped me out of my dress and into some pyjama’s before tucking me into bed. He slid into bed beside me. I never thought I would be spending my wedding night just cuddled up.

Before I could say something, I fell asleep.

-

I felt like something was ripping me apart. Jerking awake, I was soaked in sweat. My body was shaking and I couldn’t control it. Oh god.

Carlisle was a sleeping corpse beside me. I’m scared.

Another shooting pain came again, and this time I bent over the bed and threw up. Oh god. Wiping my mouth, I sat up. Looking at Carlisle, he looked dead. I tried to shake him. “Carlisle? Wake up!” I was shoving him, and he was only starting to stir.

I was choking again, and was sick again. No, wait I wasn’t. It felt thicker and the taste of metal clouded my mouth. Flicking on the lamp with my free hand, I looked at the blood that was on the covers. Wiping my chin, blood was smeared on my hands.

“Baby? Are you okay?” He’s alive then. He left, and was back in the room with a metal basin. Throwing up again, sick and blood was mixed together. “Oh god.” Carlisle pushed my hair back, then Freddy rushed in.

“You called?” Carlisle turned to him. The ‘makers’ link of course. “It’s bad. There’s a bag downstairs on the counter with pills and things. Can you bring it please? Oh and a glass of water.” Freddy nodded and shot out of the room.

The sickness passed and I leaned back against the headboard. “It hurts. Everything hurts.” I whimpered, my eyes closed. “It’s okay baby. It will be okay.” Freddy returned with the things and Carlisle told him to leave and shut the door. His eyes never tore from me.

“Colby is with Tate in the backyard, your parents and Ali have gone home and it’s only us, Freddy and Elizabeth are downstairs. What do you need Darling?”

No one’s here, it’s okay. I sighed, and then my body shook as the pain took over again. I fell to the side and clutched the pillows. Burying my head in them as I screamed.

“Baby? What do you need? Tell me what’s going on?” Carlisle was frantic, he was scared. As was I. “Do you want morphine? Tablets?” He poured the boxes out of the paper bag.

“Carlisle, I’m dying. The alcohol killed my liver faster than what they said.” His face was frozen. I shifted so I was lying once more. The top cover with my blood, and the basin was removed and was placed on the floor.

Lying down, I ignored the pain. I was so tired. “Baby, stay with me.” Carlisle clutched my hand. “But I’m tired.” “I know, but you can’t sleep, not yet.”

“I want to, I’m too tired.” I snuggled into the pillow. “It’s now or never. And I am not losing you.” I heard Carlisle say, and then his fangs sunk into my neck. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19 0 14
Heatwave and Quickshadow are a happily married couple and they live in Fort Worth Texas. Heatwave is a firefighter and Quickshadow is a pediatric onc...
14.6K 566 39
Gosh, I'm so pathetic. I feel like I relate everything happening to me, back to Cody. It's probably because he and I were always together. But I real...
60.3K 1.2K 48
COMPLETED Meet Melissa Rivera. A 25 year old woman with a doctor's degree. She moves to Forks to start a new life in a new state. She works as Carlis...
1.8K 59 59
A boy who does have cancer at a young age learning how to deal with it we read on his side of the story and his family side Please read this story an...