Unpretty Romance [CHANBAEK] |...

By HHCB_Aeri12

One's job is to save people while the other's job is to beat people. One wants a romantic beautiful love whil... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10 [Final]
10.1 Christmas Special
10.2 Valentine's Special

3

7.5K 467 123
By HHCB_Aeri12

When Baekhyun entered the bedroom again, Chanyeol was already asleep so he just covered the blanket on the patient's tall figure and turned off the air con. He searched in a wardrobe at a corner and he was too happy when he found a blanket. It was enough for him to sleep.

Spreading the blanket on the floor, Baekhyun folded his sweater into a smaller and thicker one so he could use it as a pillow. The blanket was big enough for him to use both as the bed sheet and as the blanket.

He opened his eyes again when he remembered to tell Tao about taking a leave for tomorrow as he decided to stay beside Chanyeol for whole day. His overflowing kindness and care only affected on this one and only patient.

He just texted him instead of calling because Tao was in a night duty so Baekhyun did not want to distract his attention from the patients.

Baekhyun closed his eyes but no sleepiness approached him. He thought of how he met Chanyeol. It was in the hospital when Chanyeol did the regular medical checkup. It was the love at first sight and also his first love.

However, when the wound came into his thoughts, his peaceful mind became messy. What was Chanyeol? How did he get the wound? Where did he get it? Who shot him?

And, he did not think about it earlier as Chanyeol was the most important at that time but he stitched a gunshot wound in a house and it was illegal for a doctor. It was also a problem to think why almost all medical equipments were there in Chanyeol's house.

He got goosebumps when the drama he once watched flashed in his mind. What if Chanyeol was a psychopath? Baekhyun then remembered that Chanyeol could not even walk well in this situation and it was impossible for the taller to kill him right now.

"Falling in love with a psychopath?"

Baekhyun whispered and smiled. Well, he now realized himself how deeply he had fallen for Chanyeol. He sat down and looked up to the bed to find Chanyeol in peaceful sleep.

"He is like a kid while sleeping."

Baekhyun smiled. When love blossomed, even the colour black was pure.

* * *

When Chanyeol woke up, he had no strength in whole body and the stitches hurt. He knew it was usual but this time, he felt weaker as there was someone who would take care of him.

It was natural to feel weak when someone was ready to lend a hand for him. However, Chanyeol hated such kind of weak feeling because he had met many temporary people.

Chanyeol heard footsteps and soon after he threw a stare towards the door, Baekhyun came in with a bowl of gruel.

"Oh, you are awake."

"You should go home now. I am sure your parents are worrying about-"

"I don't have."

Chanyeol felt sorry but he did not apologize and just kept quiet until Baekhyun sat down on the bed beside him.

"What are you doing?"

"You should eat."

"I know I should eat but what is this?"

"I don't know what you eat before but for now, sloppy or soft diet is the best food for you. Say ah."

"I can eat by myself. Back off."

"You are my patient."

Chanyeol could not believe but the guy whom he met in the hospital suddenly appeared in front of his house last night and helped him stitch the wound, he slept over at Chanyeol's home and now he was spoon feeding Chanyeol.

But the doctor's face somehow made him not being able to reject the offer.

"Ah."

Baekhyun said again and this time, he even opened his mouth a little. Chanyeol laughed inside because it looked like persuading a child to eat. Chanyeol opened his mouth and Baekhyun gently spoon fed him.

"Is it okay to eat?"

Chanyeol nodded when Baekhyun asked with bits of worries in his eyes.

"Have you ever thought how spoon feeding your lover feels like?"

He likes asking nonsense questions.

Chanyeol thought but shook his head and opened his mouth again when Baekhyun spooned another mouthful of gruel.

"I now know that feeling."

Well, no wonder that Chanyeol shockingly coughed and spilt out the gruel when Baekhyun actually said those words.

* * *

The bell rang when Chanyeol was lying on the bed with his eyes closed, he wasn't sleeping but he was just not willing to talk with Baekhyun, and the doctor was watching a movie with his phone while sitting on the floor.

"Guest?"

Baekhyun whispered and ran out of the room to see who rang the bell.

"Who are you?"

Baekhyun asked through the speaker of the flat screen showing the face of the guest standing in front of the door.

"Mr. Hong sent me."

The guy with a cute but handsome face and yellowish brown hair in black jacket and blue pants replied.

"Wait a minute."

Baekhyun ran back to the room again to tell Chanyeol. He saw the patient already waiting for him.

"Chanyeol, the guest said Mr. Hong sent him."

"Let him in."

Baekhyun nodded and went to open the door. The guy entered the house and without acknowledging Baekhyun's existence, he went directly to the bedroom. Baekhyun followed him and peeked into the room because the door was slightly open.

"Beta, I am here to collect the data."

"Here is the informations we need. Take care of this and be careful on the way."

"I will. By the way, is the wound serious?"

"No, I am recovering fast."

"I have something to show you."

The guy took out a small tablet from his jacket and handed it to Chanyeol. The tablet screen showed a news about Senator Jang being hospitalized. Chanyeol remembered he pushed Senator Jang hard while fighting in the room but he did not know he caused him to be hospitalized.

"It is the hospital where I did the medical checkup."

"Mr. Hong wants you to stop him attending his coming electioneering."

"I get it."

"You have a week."

"Okay."

"Please take care of yourself, too. If you need us, we are always stand by."

"You guys are still kids."

"We can handle this, Beta. Don't look down on us. We are well trained dudes."

The guy whined and Chanyeol smirked.

"Well, always do your best and make me believe so I will accept your help next time."

"Yes, Beta! I won't disappoint you."

The guy bowed at him before leaving and Chanyeol smiled alone when he left. He took his phone from the bedside table and pressed the contact name Mr. Hong.

"Hello, Chanyeol."

"Park Jihoon just left."

"Okay. What is your plan about Senator Jang?"

"Kidnapping him is the best way."

"If you can't do alone, call Jongin."

"I think I have told you he is still a kid. And, sending Jihoon to take the data is dangerous for him as we don't know how many pairs of eyes are on us. Don't let kids do such dangerous things, Mr. Hong. They are our future."

"But Phoenix's future is you. I can't let you get hurt again."

"Believe me, Park Chanyeol is not someone who will fail easily."

"You are the most stubborn child I have ever seen."

Chanyeol laughed and he heard Mr. Hong's sigh from the other line. The fatherly care of the gang leader made his heart warm.

"Don't worry, I will be back soon."

Chanyeol ended the call and put the phone beside him. He had to admit that he totally forgot about Baekhyun for a moment.

On the other side, Baekhyun was moping while leaning on the wall. He heard everything and he couldn't relate anything.

But one thing he knew was that Chanyeol was not a normal guy.

* * *

Night duties were sleepless nights for Baekhyun and again, he had a night duty tonight. Days passed since he last saw Chanyeol and he missed him but he did not want to go meet him again as he knew the taller would not like it.

"Is he okay with the stitches?"

Baekhyun thought while washing his hands and he unknowingly got along with the thoughts, forgetting about everything. He wanted Chanyeol to rest more before taking the stitches off but he knew the taller would not follow his words.

"Stubborn."

"Are you thinking about Park Chanyeol?"

Tao suddenly appeared from behind and Baekhyun shook a little because what he said was true.

"Why don't you go to see him when you have his address?"

"You don't know anything."

"So, tell me everything."

How can I?

Baekhyun just heaved and went out from the toilet without any more word. He definitely knew Chanyeol was not an ordinary person with a simple daily routine.

"Do you have a night duty?"

Baekhyun asked, breaking down the awkward yet silent atmosphere between his friend and him.

"No. I am free tonight. How about you?"

"I have. Damn, I hate lacking sleep."

"That is a doctor, man!"

"Well, for patients' sakes."

They talked about random topics like the owner of the pizza shop which they usually went to eat getting married, finding a new ice cream shop just one street away from the hospital, and walked along the pavement until they turned to the left in a corner. A boy with a black cap suddenly ran out of the corner and bumped into Tao.

"Ah, he is.."

Baekhyun followed his eyes on the guy who ran away and recognized his side view.

"Kids nowadays do not have respect for older ones. He didn't even apologize me and ran away."

Park.. Jihoon.. why is he here?

Baekhyun thought.

"Ah, by the way, a Senator is in our hospital now."

Tao's words woke Baekhyun up from drowning in his thoughts. His eyes widened when he heard the word Senator.

He did not have interest in politics but in Chanyeol.

"Who?"

"Don't you know? Senator Jang has been here for days. The lead nurse told me that he is here because he got hurt on his head."

Baekhyun sensed something bad and his heart became heavy. He put a hand on his left chest and whispered quietly.

"Please be safe."

* * *

"I will take care of the CCTV."

"I will distract them."

Chanyeol did not say anything when Jongin and Jihoon were too excited to do the mission together. To be honest, Mr. Hong was worried about Chanyeol going alone so he sent these two kids with Beta.

"Don't turn off the bluetooth. Remember to escape by yourself rather than waiting for me if something happens."

Chanyeol gave the final command and they three parted away. Jihoon had already checked the location of the security room so he headed there and Jongin had to distract the guards in front of the Senator's room. It was on sixth floor, the VIP floor, and Chanyeol decided to use the emergency stairs instead of elevator.

"Jihoon, is it okay?"

Jongin heard Chanyeol saying through the Bluetooth. Jihoon replied a quiet and unclear yes and Jongin concentrated on the guards. There were two in front of the room and he walked pass them to check whether there were another guards inside the room or not.

"Beta, stand by."

"I am ready."

Jongin wore a poker face and walked towards the room again. As he walked around there for times, the guards threw suspicious looks to him and he just ignored them.

"Is Senator Jang okay?"

"Who are you?"

"I came to see him of course! Let me interview him. I am from Seoul Media."

"Senator Jang needs to rest right now. No interviewer is allowed."

"Hey hey, I am here as I have the duty to interview him. It's not like I have plenty of time. Don't waste my precious time and let me go inside. Ayy!"

Jongin shouted when the two men lifted him from his arms and both dragged him on the way along the pavement. He smiled and whispered.

"Beta, done."

Getting the information from Jongin, Chanyeol opened the emergency exit door on the sixth floor and Senator Jang's room was just beside the door. He quickly entered the room to see the Senator Jang sleeping.

"I am sorry but sleep some more hours."

Chanyeol said when the senator opened his eyes and put the handkerchief soaked in chloroform onto his nose. The Beta was wearing a black mask and black cap so he knew the Senator couldn't recognize him as someone who broke into his house.

He disconnected the drip pipe and quickly lifted him to put him on the wheelchair in sitting position. He covered a blanket all over the Senator's body and put a mask on his face.

When he held on the handle of the wheelchair and turned it around to the door, his eyes widened.

The doctor in front of him had his palms covering on his mouth when he saw Chanyeol. And Chanyeol did know that the short doctor recognized his eyes.

"Beta, be quick."

A warning went through his ears and Chanyeol couldn't think of anything but smacked the doctor's nape hard. It was just once but Baekhyun lost contol and collapsed on the floor.

I don't have a choice.

Chanyeol thought and quickly pushed the wheelchair away out of the room and headed to an empty elevator.

"Done. Kids, gather now."

He said and put the Senator onto their car. After tying the man's hands and legs, Jongin and Jihoon arrived.

"Did something happen on the way?"

Chanyeol asked and held onto the gun in getting ready position while sitting on the back seat. Jongin drove the car and Jihoon was beside him.

"No, nothing. Beta, you are looking down on us again."

Jihoon whined as ever and Chanyeol laughed but the face of the collapsed boy never faded away in his mind.

"Such a weak man.."

Chanyeol whispered and Jongin looked at him from the rear view mirror.

"Our Beta looks sad."

Chanyeol just sighed and glanced down at his hand with the thought whether if he hit him with much force or not. He couldn't remember but he knew that he wasn't able to reduce his force as he was in hurry.

"I think I hurt my savior with my own hand."

Feeling guilty was such an unpleasant thing for Chanyeol.

* * *

TBC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 50.4K 21
Pairing : Chanbaek Language : English **Yaoi** Baekhyun and Chanyeol were in a relationship before Chanyeol did debut.Chanyeol broke up with Baekhyun...
468K 21.5K 32
baekhyun desperately needs a job, so when a mysterious manager of a huge company offers him one he does not hesitate. even if the job comes with a st...
290K 10.8K 27
Chanyeol is a cold, serious and organized businessman. He never gets to close to people and doesn't care about anything that happens to them. But wha...
15.9K 691 26
Baekhyun and Chanyeol were high school sweethearts until their forceful departure resulted in a grudge. Years later, Chanyeol is a rising legend whil...