The Chronicles of Aida Sickle...

By disconsolation-

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked, plumped lips held back, hands trembling. "You want to be with me... More

CAST + WARNING
intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two

thirty-one.

188 15 4
By disconsolation-

SONG-WHO LET YOU GO; THE KILLERS

"I feel it inside, down in my soul. But I just can't hide these things, I know."

-

AIDA'S POV

"Did you know they were related?" I asked him after Alicia stepped out of the car and met up with Danny who dragged himself out of the house even though he was having a rough day. I didn't feel like how I felt after leaving the house... I felt dumb. I could've connected the dots myself but it didn't held that they both had different last names. "You didn't want to tell me?"

"It wasn't like I didn't want to," he started off and looked around the parking lot for a place to park. "It just never came up in conversation and I didn't think it would be a big deal."

"If it wasn't a big deal you would've told me,"

"Well I didn't, so there's that." Harry stopped his car and stepped out, locking it right after I opened the passenger's side. He began to walk to the front of the school and I followed sloppily after, my heels clacking against the gravel.

"Did you not tell me cause you have something to hide?"

"What would I have to hide, Aida!" He called out but didn't look back at me and I sped up to match his long strides so I could look him in the eyes. He was too fast and I wondered why we had to take this outside where parents were parking their kids and where people I knew could hear.

"You're being loud." I whispered to him and grew frustrated when he didn't respond. He stopped in front of a car and looked to his right, Mercutio stepping out and waving goodbye to his sister.

She connected eyes with Harry and then me, the beautiful girl pushing her eyebrows together in confusion. Mercutio saw the both of us and debated if he should just walk in or walk with us. "British boy!" He greeted and his sister pulled off after I stepped out of her way and next to a heated Harry.

"I know." Was all I said and Mercutio's fake smile dissipated.

Harry stormed inside of the school and I pulled Mercutio to the side, needing answers. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me." I gripped onto his clip on tie and and noticed its inability to stay stable, focusing my stress elsewhere and grabbing the sides of his cheeks so he wouldn't divert his attention away from me.

"You seemed so happy with him and I felt like I would be intruding in some type of way,"

"Intruding? Mercutio I would've found out eventually. Do you know how stupid I feel?" I let him go.

"Not my fault you're incapable of connecting the dots," he held his hands up in surrender when I flinched towards his direction.

"There must be another reason why you two thought it was okay to just leave me to figure it out on my own."

"Three. Danny was in it too."

I exasperated and stomped my heel into the ground. "Did they have a bad break up or something? Did he like, kill someone? I'm so confused--"

"My opinion on British boy shouldn't effect how you see him in any way shape or form but I feel as though if I told you why and how they broke up," he caught his breath. "you wouldn't see him in the same light."

"Is that why he was being a dick to you?" I interrupted him and saw as he began to recollect himself, fixing his clip on tie and his swooped to the side bangs. "Because you two knew each other."

"Harry's always been a dick to me but I guess in that point in time he realized how much I could've jeopardized your relationship so in turn he tried to intimidate me but it did not work for I was under the influence and couldn't comprehend anything-"

"You talk too much. Spit it out."

"He broke up with her because she didn't go to his father's funeral." Mercutio finally huffed and caught my attention, his hands finding their way into his pockets and his legs taking small hesitant steps towards me. We both began to walk to the front once more, seeing through the doors that people were dancing in the cafeteria and having a good time. I looked down at my feet before looking back at him. "It wasn't her fault though, she was on a trip looking for colleges to go to with her mom and she felt extremely guilty for not going."

"Colleges? I thought she was a junior?"

"She was but some schools contacted our parents to see if she'd just check out their campuses." He grabbed some gum out of his pocket and offered me some but I politely declined. "She's not in this school anymore. She graduated early and they accepted her as soon as they could."

"So you didn't tell me because.."

"Because it's a shitty thing to break up with someone because they're focused on their future. We gave him our condolences but he shut everyone out. I never liked him anyway, she was consumed by him and her going to check out those schools was the best thing she could've done for herself. I guess he didn't tell you because he'd eventually have to tell you why they broke up, and it would have put him in a bad light."

Alicia and Danny saw the two of us still outside and waved towards the cafeteria. They mouthed, "Are you guys coming?" and I nodded before taking Mercutio's hand in mine and bringing it to my heart.

"Thank you for telling me." I pulled him into a hug and he stiffened for just a bit before relaxing. "Now let's just forget about it all and dance."

I couldn't find Harry for a while. He was probably behind the school smoking weed from his little prescription bottle or interrogating some freshman boy in the bathroom, either way it didn't stop me from dancing my ass off. Alicia and Mercutio swayed to every single song and Danny just watched me with a sprite in his hand. He drank it whenever he didn't know what to do with his mouth which resulted in him going to get a drink every ten minutes. After thirty minutes or forty, I came to the conclusion that Harry either went to the party or just left me, which didn't sit right at all.

"Are you having fun?" I asked Danny at the table we sat at after I concluded it wasn't the time for me to dance alone. They were playing a slow song.

He shrugged. "I'm more in pain." A chuckle fell from his lips when he looked at me with a wry smile.

"I'm sorry, Danny boy." I hugged him gently before sitting back down in my seat.

We both looked around to see the kids dancing awkwardly with each other, chaperone's not even bothering to monitor because no one got too close. Except for Mercutio and Alicia who decided it was best to make out beside the punch bowl. "Can I tell you something?" He caught my attention and I looked back over to him, nodding.

"Definitely!" I spoke over the loud music and leaned in.

"That girl in our geometry class.." he began. "The one that I like?"

My eyes widened and told him to go on.

"It's you."

That's when I actually looked for Harry and wished he hadn't left because I knew he would've waited to say something so bold. It wasn't like I knew because I truly didn't, Danny was very good at keeping secrets or at least lying.

He looked at me for a while and I could see that he knew I didn't feel the same way. "That's sweet but I'm.."

"With Harry." He hummed and took another sip of his drink. I nodded as he gulped. "Where is he?"

"I don't know.. actually."

"Why are you with him?"

"He makes me feel good."

Danny nodded in understanding and I was grateful for it, I didn't need another one of my friends to hate him or dislike him. He just understood that we were together and his feelings for me weren't going to change it. In that moment I felt bad for him, I could see the hope in his eyes faltering. He was one of those nice guys who never got the girl and this game was a big

I leaned forward and grabbed Danny's face before pulling his lips to meet my own.

He opened his eyes wide in surprise when we departed, mouth wide and stained with some of my lipstick. I reached out to rub it off and gave him a small smile. "I hope you'll find someone who'll make you feel good too."

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
778K 36.5K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
222K 5.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
996K 39.4K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...