In the Arms of You | ✔️ | EDI...

By RosieTheDreamWriter

Lena Mercer didn't think the tables would turn upside down. An accident was all it took for the person who Le... More

Introduction
November 26, 2021
~Prologue~
~Chapter 1: Moving Day~
~Chapter 2: New School, New People~
~Chapter 3: West Fields' Bad Boy~
~Chapter 4: Basketball~
~Chapter 5: Bruises~
~ Chapter 6: He Has Not! ~
~ Chapter 7: Moving Into Hell? ~
~ Chapter 8: Pool Incident ~
~Chapter 9: Hospitalized~
~Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Remember~
~Chapter 11: Protection of Those I Love~
~Chapter 12: Homecomings and Suspensions~
~Chapter 13: Confrontations ~
~ Chapter 14: Visiting the Grandparents ~
Chapter 16: The Visit Part 3
Chapter 17: The Visit Part 4
Chapter 18: Truth Be Told
Chapter 19: Goodbye
Chapter 20: Finding Her
Chapter 21: Struggle
Chapter 22: Rescue
Chapter 24: Ignorance
Chapter 25: The Trial
Chapter 26: Red Phoenix
Chapter 27: Reconnection Fail
Chapter 28: A Kidnapping & A Kiss
Chapter 29: Marcus Holt
Chapter 30: Video Calls & Farewells
Chapter 31: Night
Chapter 32: Home?
Chapter 33: Telling
Chapter 34: The Plan
Chapter 35: FINAL
Epilogue
1K!
RUBY AWARDS 3RD PLACE!
40K!!
100K!!
UPDATE

Chapter 23: Luke

7.4K 148 17
By RosieTheDreamWriter

Lena's P.O.V

Darkness. That's all I see. I just seem to be lost in my mind. I don't know where I'm at for all I know I could be dead! The last thing I remember is passing out in that locked room Mack and my father put me in with Iza and Amy.

Are they okay? Did Mack or my father do something to them? I hope not, they've become my best friends here and I don't ever want to lose them! Did something happen to Zach? Is he okay, and what about his mom, Diana, is she okay too?

I was dragged out of the darkness I had been and into the light, a very bright light I may add.

My eyes snapped open but quickly closed as the bright light entered my eyes. "Turn it off or turn it down! Do something!" I rasped out, my voice sounding hoarse.

"Lena, sweetie, open your eyes, we cut the light down." I heard Diana's familiar voice ring in my ear. I slowly open my eyes. There in front of me was Iza, Amy, Bret, Diana, Zach, and two other guys I don't recognize.

"W-Where am I? Am I dead?" I said in a quiet, but audible voice. Diana laughed and had a small smile on her face. "W-What?" I said scared. What happened?

She comes over to my bedside and sits down in the chair beside it. "Sweetie, do you remember anything from 3 days ago?" She asked worried a bit.

"I-I remember that--" I was cut off by the sound of the hospital room door opening.

Men in police uniforms came into the room. "We need to speak to Lena Mercer, now. Everyone out!" One of the guys shouted. Everyone, quickly scurried, Diana gave me a quick hug, so did Zach, but his lasted a bit longer more than it should have.

Two of the men went back outside my room, I'm guessing to guard the door so no one can come in. "Lena Mercer, I'm Officer Francis. I'm here to ask you a few questions regarding your kidnapping." He said professionally. He didn't seem like he cared at all, not for me at least.

"C-Can I have some w-water please?" I asked in a quiet tone. My throat still hurt a little. He then handed me a cup of water that was on the side table. "Thanks," I said and drank the water. It made me feel much better.

Officer Francis nodded his head before taking out a notepad and a pen. "Now, Miss. Mercer, your brother and your father are being held in a local detainment center until the trial." He explained.

"T-Trial?" I said.

"Yes, you can't just put people in jail unless there is a trial and we also need to know how long they need to stay in there for. Now I need you to tell me exactly what happened, and what's been going on, long before you ever came to West Fields." He spoke.

He began to fire questions left and right, too fast for me to answer. I mean I just woke up from passing out, let me rest, please! Soon enough he stopped asking questions and got up. I gave him a few answers, but not a lot. "I'm just trying to help you, Miss. Mercer. The trial for your brother and father is on Saturday."

That's all he said before leaving the room, and then everyone soon piled back into the room once more. "What did they want to talk to you about Lena?" Amy asked me.

I didn't realize tears were falling out of my eyes as I spoke. "Everything." Was all I could get out.

I whipped the tears off of my face. "What happened while I was out. The last thing I remember is Amy and Iza waking up locked up in that room with me before I passed out from everything." I said wanting to know answers.

Amy came up beside me before she spoke. "Well..." and the story was told. I was told the whole story from the time I had passed out on Iza and Amy as they told me not to go to sleep to Zach, Bret, Quinn, and Alex, the two unfamiliar boys from earlier, breaking in and saving us and Diana calling the cops.

It was a lot to process, but I wanted to know the whole thing. "And that's it." Zach finished.

"Wow." Was all I could say. I was at lost for words to say. I can't believe all of that happened. All of it.

By the time the story was finished it was time for visiting hours to be over. "Can any of you stay for the next two days or so, we hopefully will have Lena released late afternoon on Thursday." the doctor asked.

"My son and I will stay with her doc," Diana said.

I was surprised, I didn't think they would want anything to do with me after what I had done to them. I had lied to them about everything, and yet they still helped me. Maybe it's not such a bad thing, after all, I mean for once in my life someone cares for me other than a family member.

"Sure, that's fine." He said and everyone else except Zach and Diana left the room. Zach took the chair while Diana stood on the other side of my bed.

"How are you, Lena, really," Diana asked with concern in her eyes.

"L-Like I still want to die," I said honestly. I didn't think I deserved to live, I put everyone in danger everywhere I went. Diana opened her mouth to say something, but I wasn't finished talking.

"If I hadn't snuck out to that party on my birthday, my mother wouldn't have had to go get me. If my mother didn't have to come get me, she wouldn't have gotten in the car accident that took her life. If I hadn't caused her death, I wouldn't have been beaten for the last 3 months or so."

I felt Zach take my hand. "Lena—" He began but I cut him off.

"No," I said laughing a bit, but not in a funny way. "There's a lot more to the story than it seems. My father had abused my mother way before he began to abuse me. I'd always hear screaming from downstairs during the night and I didn't know what it was. I'd always thought it was the tv playing a horror movie or something, but as a kid, do you really ever expect one of your parents to hit the other parent. No. You don't."

I took a breath before continuing. "I only found out, because I witnessed it. I was maybe 8 years old, Mack was 10 at the time. It wasn't just my father abusing her, it was my brother as well. My father corrupted Mack, if he hadn't, Mack wouldn't have done the things he has done."

After I had finished I looked at both of them. Both of them had concern and worry in their eyes. Shock was written across their faces. "See, this is why I didn't tell you," I said to them. "Go, get something to eat or something to process this," I said.

As Zach got up to leave the room, he gave me a long and well-needed hug. He looked at me, his green boring into my brown. His thumbed whipped right below my eye. I hadn't realized I had been crying while telling the story.

He then whispered in my ear before they left the room. "It's going to be okay Sleeping Beauty, I won't let anyone hurt you again."

I was left alone with nothing but my thoughts. I can't believe I told them that. Something I've kept to myself for years. Sure, not all of the truth was in there. They still don't know about Luke, and I wasn't playing on telling them either or anything soon unless he turns up in town or something.

Boy, was I wrong.

As I was closing my eyes to get some sleep, the door opened. I thought it was Zach or Diana, but someone much worse and terrible.

Luke.

"Well, seems like someone is alone right now, it's that right little Lena." Luke's voice rang in a mocking tone in my ear.

"Luke," I whispered in shock and surprise.

He walks to my bed and takes the chair that Zach was previously sitting it. "Surprised to see me? Now that your father is most likely going to prison along with your brother, I'm going to get to finish was your father and brother started and I'm not going down without a fight."

My heart sped up faster at what he just said. He is here to torment me, to get rid of me if needed, without a trace, he is good at that. He is here to finished what my father started. Whether it ends with me in a grave or him took to prison.

Look lends on the bed, particularly on me sending pain up and down my body. I tried my best not to show fear, but I don't know how I can't. He is intimidating. He then speaks.

"If you tell anyone what I'm here for, then things won't look so good for your boyfriend now would it. If you want to protect him, then you're going to have to stay away from him and be with me or there will be consequences." With that, he left the room with a smirk on his face.

I wanted to run and tell Zach and Diana what is going on, but I know what Luke says is true. I will have to follow what he says because if I tell anyone, Zach, Diana, Amy, etc they will get hurt. I don't want any of them to get hurt because of me. Because of my actions.

Because of my existence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3M 357K 61
Caden Miller. Hot, cynical, and notoriously labelled the bad boy of Crestmont High. Attention-seekers flirt with him. Idiots fight with him. The ones...
504K 14.4K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
5K 429 51
"I'm always sweet babe. You just never noticed." He said with a wink. "It's Alley, not babe. Now bye. I gotta go." I placed emphasis on Alley and bab...
6.7K 93 14
book delays are likely and i do apologise!! Disclaimer: Please read all Trigger Warnings before beginning the book - I would appreciate it if haters...