DISTANCE (Josh Dun x Reader)...

By idkbrooklyn

❝THERE'S NO SUNSHINE.❞ ☼ (SEQUEL TO CLOSE) More

prologue
one
two
three
four
the album
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty øne
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
-
book three
THE PROLOGUE

twenty

4.2K 172 543
By idkbrooklyn

-Your P.O.V-

After a bemused car ride home, Josh and I went to bed. The next morning, I wake up and try to decide whether to talk to Karma or Victoria first about this whole set of circumstances.

Eventually, I just decide to call Karma.

Okay, how am I gonna word this? How is this even going to work...?

My pondering is brought to an interruption as I hear Karma pick up.

"Hello?"

"Uh h-hey, K! What's up?"

"Oh, I was just talking to G."

"Nice, nice. I, uh, I got somethin' to ask you..."

K speaks up after a few seconds of silence.

"I'm listening..."

"So! Uh, how is your...love life?"

Again, after a brief silence, Karma answers.

"I don't know? Why?"

"Oh, just checking up on ya! You know with all the relationships you've been surrounded by recently with Josh and I and Tyler and Jenna...I just wanted to know if you were interested in anybody."

"Uh, not really. I mean, I guess I wouldn't mind being with someone but it's not a top priority of mine, you know?"

Karma sounds so lost with everything I'm saying. Was that even her I saw last night?

No, it had to be. Lilac hair, tattoo on her forearm, about five foot seven. It was definitely my best friend.

"Um, if you also don't mind me asking, where were you last night? Around 7 pm?"

I scratch the back of my neck.

"Hm. I think I was in bed or something. Again, why?"

"JUST WONDERING BYE."

I immediately hang up.

Let's try Victoria...

Victoria picks up the phone instantly, no surprise though considering she's always on it.

"(Y/N)! I'm glad you called."

"Oh, really? Why, what's up?"

"Broken Castle has a photo shoot today at six."

"Oh...is that all you wanted to talk about?"

"Yeah, that's all that's ringing a bell?"

UGH. TELL ME YOU MADE OUT WITH MY BEST FRIEND.

"Oh alright. Um, I wanted to talk to you."

"What's on your mind?"

"H-How did your date go last night?"

I hear my sister sigh deeply.

"He never showed."

Ugh, what a jerk.

"Oh, Victoria, I'm sorry-"

"It's okay. My night wasn't actually that bad.."

"TELL ME WHY."

"Wh-What?"

Whoops. Maybe I shouldn't have shouted.

"I mean...why's that?"

"I-uh, I met someone else!"

"OH! Really!? What's their name? Where are they from? Do they happen to have an abnormal hair color?"

I try to act as clueless as possible.

"Um...maybe you know them."

-Josh's P.O.V-

(Y/N) had just left for a photo shoot with Victoria in her car so Tyler and I were left at my house alone.

We're sitting on the couch, browsing different television channels before we come to an agreement nothing good is on and turn it off.

I was fine with that. I was wanting to talk to Tyler anyway.

"Hey Tyler." I say.

He turns his head towards me swiftly.

"Hey." He replies, laughing a bit.

"C-Can I talk to you about something?" I asked him.

Tyler turns even more towards me.

"Sure, what's up?" Tyler acknowledged.

I explain the whole "Victoria interrogation" thing to him.

"And it made me start to think...should we be thinking about stuff like that? Like our future together? I obviously want us to be a couple later on. I-I love her. Am I just over-thinking everything about this?" I finish with a slight shrug.

Tyler tilts his head and squints his eyes.

"Josh, this is a lot to think about. When you say you picture you two together in the future, how do you envision it?" Tyler responds.

"I-I don't know, man. I just wanna be with her like...forever, you know?" I babbled.

Tyler's eyes grow wide.

"Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" Tyler smirks.

What?

"Uh, wha-"

I stop in my tracks and realize.

"I'm- Um- I-I don't know if I'm ready for that type of commitment yet Ty-" I reply cautiously.

"Don't worry about it! You have time to think about it and I'll support you no matter what, man." Tyler shakes my shoulder.

I don't know what to do...

"Thanks, Tyler."

-Your P.O.V-

Broken Castle has gone through many different poses trying to get the perfect shot.

Each time the camera flashes I notice Victoria eyeing Karma.

It's weird. Victoria told me about her and Karma last night but Karma...she hasn't mentioned a thing. Victoria said she was afraid to face Karma.

I now understood that.

But, besides that, the twins seem kinda down today.

We were in the middle of switching outfits and I called Josh.

"Yo."

"Yo, I need to talk to you."

"Uh, did I do something-"

"No! No, babe it wasn't you."

"Oh, good."

I hear Josh chuckle.

"So, I talked to Karma and Victoria about last night."

"Oh, really? What happened?"

"Victoria says Karma was there for her and comforting her after her date stood her up but Karma didn't mention anything about it."

"Maybe she doesn't want to make things awkward? Victoria is your sister after all."

Hm. Possibly.

"Have you talked to Grayson?"

"Huh?"

"Maybe he knows what happened last night? The twins are inseparable."

Hey, that's not a bad idea.

"Ugh, you're such a good thinker. Love you!"

"I love you more."

I end the phone call.

Okay, I'll talk to Grayson after the photoshoot.

After maybe an hour and a half later, the photo shoot comes to a close and I jog over to the boy twin alone.

"G!"

Grayson turns around and looks down in my direction.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)."

"Let's talk!"

"Uh, talk?-"

I interupt G and cling onto his wrist, dragging him to a quiet corner of the room.

I better make sure Victoria and Karma aren't unpleasently left alone together.

Turning half of my body around, I see Victoria talking to the camera man and Karma browsing the food table.

Okay, good.

I turn back around and meet Grayson's eyes.

"Grayson. Um, Karma seems kinda down today. Do you know what's up?"

Grayson rolls his eyes.

"Uh, okay. Just don't say anything to her, alright? I'd rather her not kill me." He begs.

What's going on?

"Sure." I agree, sighing.

"Karma...she got super wasted last night."

"What?" I reply in disbelief.

That must explain why she can't remember much, she must've not known what I was hinting at.

"Yeah, I was trying to get her to talk to me. Like, why she decided to get drunk so early in the evening but she just got angry with me and left. I'd never seen her act that way before."

"You never figured out why?" I ask.

"No, I don't even think she remembers." G shrugs.

Hm. Sounds tricky.

Maybe I can talk to her..

-Josh's P.O.V-

(Y/N) gets back home around 7 PM and tells me all about her day.

We're laying in my bed and she's talking to me about everything.

I loved hearing her talk. I don't know, it's like everything about her just makes me fall for her over and over again.

"So yeah, now I'm gonna talk to Karma tomorrow at the first shooting of Broken Castle's music video."

"I hope you figure everything out, sunshine." I peck the top of her head and she smiles.

"Thank you, my love. I hope so too." She yawns.

"I-I know you're tired but I wanted to talk to you too a-as a matter of fact." I begin, chuckling nervously.

"Go ahead, Joshua." She closes her eye-lids and lays delicately on my chest.

...

"How do you feel about marriage?"

A/N: hmmm

hmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMM

stay rad!

-b

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566 8 20
[Sequel to DLMA] In which Tyler has trouble remembering and Josh will do anything to have his best friend back.
2.5K 54 10
Continuation of Awoken If you haven't read Awoken I recommend you should. ⚠️This book has smut/self harm/mention of suicide⚠️ If you're triggered by...
90.2K 3K 49
lowercase intended. requests open.
497K 9.4K 80
❝Leo, that's stupid. Count me in.❞ Highest ranking: #927 in Fanfiction 7/10/2017 [ Percy Jackson Fanfiction ] [ Oneshots x Reader ] ©cinnamjoonroll s...