In the Arms of You | ✔️ | EDI...

By RosieTheDreamWriter

Lena Mercer didn't think the tables would turn upside down. An accident was all it took for the person who Le... More

Introduction
November 26, 2021
~Prologue~
~Chapter 1: Moving Day~
~Chapter 2: New School, New People~
~Chapter 3: West Fields' Bad Boy~
~Chapter 4: Basketball~
~Chapter 5: Bruises~
~ Chapter 6: He Has Not! ~
~ Chapter 7: Moving Into Hell? ~
~ Chapter 8: Pool Incident ~
~Chapter 9: Hospitalized~
~Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Remember~
~Chapter 11: Protection of Those I Love~
~Chapter 12: Homecomings and Suspensions~
~Chapter 13: Confrontations ~
~ Chapter 14: Visiting the Grandparents ~
Chapter 16: The Visit Part 3
Chapter 17: The Visit Part 4
Chapter 18: Truth Be Told
Chapter 19: Goodbye
Chapter 20: Finding Her
Chapter 21: Struggle
Chapter 23: Luke
Chapter 24: Ignorance
Chapter 25: The Trial
Chapter 26: Red Phoenix
Chapter 27: Reconnection Fail
Chapter 28: A Kidnapping & A Kiss
Chapter 29: Marcus Holt
Chapter 30: Video Calls & Farewells
Chapter 31: Night
Chapter 32: Home?
Chapter 33: Telling
Chapter 34: The Plan
Chapter 35: FINAL
Epilogue
1K!
RUBY AWARDS 3RD PLACE!
40K!!
100K!!
UPDATE

Chapter 22: Rescue

7.3K 173 24
By RosieTheDreamWriter

Zach's P.O.V

I kept on driving while my mother looked to try to find the place on her phone. "Anything yet?" I asked as I tried my best to focus on the road in front of me.

"No, sweetie. Don't you think we need some backup, or at least someone to help us out? You can't go in there alone." Mom said.

She was right, as always.

"Okay, Alex and Quinn aren't too far from here, and I'll get Bret too so at least Lena knows at least two familiar faces when we come to get her," I said.

I quickly made a right turn onto Alex and Quinn's street. Lucky Alex and Quinn lived right next to one another and are usually at one another's houses.

I parked the car on the side of the road. "Okay, I'll be back in a minute, mom," I said. She nodded her head and I headed towards Quinn's house since I parked in front of his house. I rang the doorbell and stepped back a bit.

Quinn and Alex came to the door. "Hey man, what's up?" Quinn asked. "Lena is in trouble and I need your help," I told them.

"Lena, as in Mack's sister Lena?" Alex said a little confused.

"Yeah, her," I said.

"Sure, man, we'll help you out," Quinn said.

"Thanks so much, guys, we've just got a pickup Bret and we're good," I said leading them to the car.

"Wait, Bret as in Amy's boyfriend Bret?" Alex asked.

"Yes...your point?" I said to him.

"Oh, nothing," Alex said in a quiet voice. He has had a crush on Amy since forever, he is just too shy to ask her out and also that she had a boyfriend plays a role in that too.

The boys hop in back while I get back in the driver's seat. "Have you found out where she is yet, mom?" I asked.

"Yes, actually I found a warehouse not far out of town." She said.

"Good," I said and began to drive.

We grabbed Bret on the way to the warehouse since his road ended up being one of the roads we had to go on, lucky us. "I tried calling Iza and Amy, but it's going straight to voicemail. Do you think that Mack and his father took them as well?" Bret asked in a worried tone.

"No doubt he didn't. They know that Lena wouldn't like to see her friends hurt. Not in any way, shape or, form." I said.

The warehouse seemed to be the only one on the road. "Stop!" I heard my mom shout, which caused me to slam on the breaks.

"Yes, mom?" I asked.

"We can't get too close, or else they will catch you. Did you not see the cameras?" She said pointing at the ones on the sides and entrances of the building.

"Nope," I said and looked around to try to find a way in. We, as in just the boys and I, got out of the car. "Mom, stay in the car and call the police. They'll need to be here to arrest Mack and his father when we free Lena, and if Iza and Amy are in there then them too." I told her.

"Okay, good luck and I love you, Zach." Mom said.

"Love you too, mom," I said.

Bret, Quinn, Alex, and I walked and looked at the surrounding areas around the building. Soon enough we spotted an air duct with no cameras around it or at least none that could be seen.

"Through there," Bret states pointing to the air duct.

"Good idea, Bret," Alex says.

I walked up first, then the boys follow. "It's bolted shut," I said. No, I was not giving up hope, I will rescue the girl I...like?

Quinn searched around for a heavy object to open up the air duct. "Will this do?" He said holding up a big mallet.

"Wait, why is there a big mallet in the middle of nowhere?" I asked a little suspicious and confused."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, but let's use it!" He said with a smirk on his face. He ran to the air duct and slammed the big mallet into it, breaking the cover so that we can get through. He then throws the mallet on to the ground. "Let's go!"

I crawled through first, there was some light shining through from different rooms, but most of the rooms we spotted were empty.

Soon enough we come to one remaining room, it was the room Mack and his father ended up being in. I turned to look at the boys behind me and put a finger to my lips before mouthing "Be quiet." I turned back to the vent to try and listen to what Mack and his father were saying.

"...they won't be able to escape right?" Mack said to his father.

"No, soon enough we will take all of them with us to a place where no one will find them or hear them scream." His father said with a wicked smirk on his face. He then laughed after that before they both left the room.

"They left the room," I said to the guys in a whisper.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Alex said kicked the vent door to open it. Soon enough the vent opened. One by one we slipped onto the floor of the office.

"Now what?" Quinn asked.

I looked around until I spotted an odd piece of paper on the desk. I looked over to see what it was. "Guys, it's a map!" I said. One step closer to finding my princess.

"Okay...but what about keys, don't we need them in case the guys are locked up somewhere?" Bret said.

"Yes, keys, but wouldn't they keep the keys with them?" I said to Bret.

"No, not if they had an extra pair right here in the room," Bret said again, but this time holding a pair of keys up in the air. They dangled from his pointer finger and his thumb.

I rushed over to where he was standing and took the key in my hands. "Great eyes, Bret," I told him and patted him on the back, brotherly of course.

We then headed out the door, that Mack and his father had exited not long ago. I walked and looked for any signs of a room that Lena might be in. "Does the key have any number on it or anything?" Quinn asked. I had totally forgotten to check that.

I quickly looked at the key, and sure enough, there was a number and a letter on the key. "K34" I read aloud. Alex walked over to the nearest door and pointed to the number it said on it. "This one says K23 and the one beside you, Zach, Says K22. So I'm guessing we go that away." He said pointing down the hallway.

We all quickly ran down the hallway looking at every door we saw and/or passed. "There!" I said running up to the door. "It's unlocked," I said opening the door.

There, hanging on the wall was Iza, Lena, and Amy. "Amy!" Bret and Alex whispered at the same time.

"W-Whose there?" Iza voice said.

"Iza? It's Zach, Bret, Quinn, and Alex." I told her.

"Z-Zach, why are you here, are you going to torture us too? Look, if you haven't noticed, Lena isn't waking up at the moment." Iza spat in a disgusted tone.

"What? I would never hurt Lena!" I said to Iza, a little too loud. Why would she accuse me of hurting Lena?

"Who cares," Amy said. "Just get us out of here! Lena needs to get to the hospital now before her condition worsens!"

We quickly unlocked the girls' chains, lucky that key we picked up was the right key. I picked up Lena, bridal style, and carried her out of the room, while the others helped Iza and Amy. "Don't worry princess, I'll get you safe and sound," I whispered to Lena. I knew she wouldn't respond though.

"We need to get out of here, fast," Amy said a little tired.

"Let's go," Bret said and held Amy's hand and holding her up so she wouldn't fall while Alex and Quinn helped Iza, much to Alex's dismay because I know he would have wanted to help Amy more than Iza.

As we ran, well the best we could run I was still holding Lena, Quinn, and Bret opened up doors and shut them, we were trying to find an exit as quick as possible.

Alex then opens a door on his right. "Hey guys, what about this door?" He said loudly, very loudly I might add. Right in front of him was Mack and his father. "Oops, run!" Alex said slamming the door in their faces and we all took off down the hallway.

I was so glad when we finally found an exit. Out the front door, Mack and his father chased us. There stood my mom, police cars, and ambulances.

When Mack and his father spotted the police their eyes went wide with fear. "Stay right where you are!" A policeman shouted. They soon got them in handcuffs and into the back of separate police cars.

"Oh my goodness, you're all okay!" My mom said running up to us.

"Mom, we need to get Lena to the hospital, fast!" I said in a worried tone. By the look in my mother's eyes, she was feeling the exact same way.

They loaded all of the girls onto stretchers before putting them into ambulances. "I'm perfectly fine!" I heard Amy shout not too far away from me, I was with Lena, I wouldn't leave her side.

"Sorry, only family can ride with her." A guy told me.

"I'm her boyfriend, please let me go with her," I said making up a lie on the spot, no way was I letting Lena go the hospital without someone with her. I mean I pretended her be her boyfriend before with her grandparents and well, that worked out so well.

With persuasion, they let me in the back of the ambulance with her. I held her hand the whole way there.

"You're going to be okay, princess. You're a fighter."

"You're going to be okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 14.3K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
191K 5K 40
Quick side note: This book was originally named 'The Bad Boy, The Secret, and Me' and was renamed to its current title as of 27/04/2018 for existing...
6.6K 93 14
book delays are likely and i do apologise!! Disclaimer: Please read all Trigger Warnings before beginning the book - I would appreciate it if haters...
195K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...